Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
We're carb wimps, grac4! We are still learning the ropes!
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grac4
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: 1/31/14 restart step one
Lol, you are funny Southside!! Honestly I love step one, step two takes planning and plenty of counting. Also remember when you get to step two sugar should be 6 grams or less and 11-20. I found a bread recipe I am going to get the ingredients for this week that will be allowable in step 1. It will go in my bread maker, I am so hoping it is good. It does have almost 5 star reviews and I think in my house it will be a winner. Can't wait to bring out the bread maker and smell the yeast and bread!!
grac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

I think the hardest part for me is that my family gets to eat all their normal favorites while I just watch them... My husband has a FAST metabolism and my son has inherited it, plus he is very, very active (weight training). The hubs does nothing beyond yard work to keep slim and on the one occasion he wanted to lose a few pounds, he just cut back on treats for a week and lost five pounds. I think that makes it a little more difficult!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

It is just me and my husband and he is on the road 4 days a week. Without making things that fit in the program it would be very difficult because there isn't much you can just buy and eat. My husband will eat whatever I make and he enjoys the low carb when he is home. However I could never live off the available choices in the store. When I am out or visiting people I bring my snacks and mostly have meat, veg, and salad. Most people in my life cooperate pretty well. When my husband does eat what I can't I just remember what carbs did to my body and have something that I can enjoy. I was a mess when I found MM with my thyroid and menopause. This calmed my body down and made me feel I have a normal life again. Remembering that keeps me on track.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubatron
WOE: Miracle Metabolism
Start Date: January 2014
grac4, you are totally right that it is not bad at all if you make the stuff at home. I've done pretty well with that, but the past few days I have been a little stressed at work and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook! The things I have made have all been pretty tasty, but it is more time consuming than stopping somewhere to grab something.

Last night we had chicken with some Indian spices and asparagus, it was pretty good. I had leftovers for lunch today.

I was honestly in a bad mood yesterday, partly because my fiance texts me and says, "you won't believe what I had for lunch." I asked what, and he texts me a photo of him eating this delicious looking, doughy sesame ball from a Chinese buffet! Oy. That was mean, especially because those are my favorite.

I think grac4 said that when you go out you go to buffets because of the assortment of meat you can eat, but I honestly think the temptation would be too great for me to eat some carbs at this point :/. Though I don't crave carbs, even going by the bakery in the grocery store is not bad, but seeing them warm and everything might be baaaad. I find myself craving sweets, especially chocolate, randomly.
Rubatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Rubatron you are right, sometimes it is hard at the buffet. MY hardest is the cornbread and these fried rolls our favorite place has. Instead of entering though with the feeling of what I cant have I think of what I love that I can have. They have the best Cilantro dressing ever to put on my salad and dip my chicken in. After a large salad some meats and veggies I don't feel so hungry. Then I ask myself, do I really want that belly I hate or to feel like crap in the next 30 minutes or do I want to feel proud and victorious over my body and my choices. That treat will go down in 10 minutes and I will beat myself up for days after and set myself back weeks on my program. That reality and my goals keep me focused. Time makes it easier and if I need a special treat I will have one when I get home. Then I watch my hubby complain about how miserable he feels and regretful and I feel so much better about my choices
Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

I know that the book says your cravings will be reduced, and they are to a degree, but any time you cut out a major food group you are going to have regrets. So I guess it's just a matter of toughing it out in Step 1. No, we will never be able to eat unlimited carbs but we will be able to learn to manage them as we move through the phases. I hope!

My husband has been very supportive--one Saturday he ordered pizza for lunch, but then apologized that he forgot I couldn't eat it. What I did was eat the toppings off and give the crust to the dog, and we were both fine with that! Less than three weeks left on Step 1 for me. I am looking forward to adding some fruit and some extra variety to my meals and snacks...this is getting a little old. Grac4, I have no idea how you can do it for so long!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: asra2870
WOE: MM
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
Lol SSgirl and rubatron..its like you guys are reading my mind…Its taking me some major conscious effort to say no to foods that i would readily have said yes to 2 months ago. Initially during the first two weeks of MM, my cravings did go away. But now its up and down like ssgirl mentioned..and sometimes i just don't even have an appetite.. Grac 4, what u are saying about focusing on what u can eat is completely right, and its something that i feel like I'm slowly training myself to do. I've never even put this much thought into it before. I find myself asking the "do i wanna feel like crap after i eat this" question quite often…and it helps me. Just not worth it. Especially after making it for this long. I couldn't have asked for a more honest, kind and supportive group of people! Keep on going everyone, we got this!
asra2870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Great discussion going on here girls! I need to be more of a cook instead of eating so simply, but I'm pretty happy with my simple meals. I do need to eat more veggies.....I'm very bad about that.

Some days are just harder than others, but we can do it!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Seven months Southside on step one the first time and that's why I suggested sharing food ideas to help each other plug along. I know some girls that work cook their meals for the week, especially things they take to work. But ladies you have no idea how awful I was at one point health wise. I was in a very active job and in management and I was stressed to the max! When I got hit with the thyroid and the menopause I would get home and barely be able to move off the couch. I was never one to nap or sit around and I had no control over it. I fought step by step tooth and nail to reclaim my health. I researched everything I could to learn anything that might just help. I started recovery before MM but eliminating the carbs and sugar really sealed the deal. Food just ins't more important to me then the ability to have a healthy life. Sugar and carbs also affect your pain level and that was one of the first things I noticed. And my thyroid that was suppose to die within the year never did and that was several years ago. Step one is also easier and helps during high stress times which I was in for almost a year with a move over 1200 miles and many other things. Food has a big affect on our hormones as well so it does matter for some of us anyway. Whats funny when I went to step 2 the only things that were that much different for me is I added yogurt and cereal and some fruits and low carb breads. My husband and I had a cheat meal out most weeks but I think it was the increase of sugar that started my weight to go up again, I was going above the 6 grams and more then once a day. After a fer pounds, that's when I went back to step one. I also wasn't doing the every 5 hour 11-20 all the time either like your suppose to. If you don't follow these things the weight slowly creeps back up. I did meet my weight loss goal on MM and went back to step one to clean up and to get these few pounds off and maybe a few more. For me I noticed during step 2 I was hungrier and more carbs and sugar trigger that. When I go back to step two I will really have to watch these things better this time because I got to reckless
Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

@ grac4, I, too, am in those menopausal years and have thyroid issues. I noticed a HUGE change in how my body processed carbs and sugars once I had my thyroid removed--that's when weight loss become so difficult. Big effect on my metabolism!

I am a big cook-at-home person, and I am pretty creative, but it is getting boring working with the same old stuff. Oh well! Last night I took some cooked cauliflower and mashed it, added some bacon bits, sour cream, green onion, and cheddar cheese and baked it in a little crock. It was pretty good, but I would love to have added just a little potato... I roasted a turkey, steamed broccoli, and made my family mashed potatoes, which I normally don't eat, but they looked awfully good! I think it's the total cutting out that gets me. I don't mean to whine, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who is feeling this way. I guess I wouldn't call it a craving, but a desire for more variety. Does that make sense? That's why I think Step 2 will be more manageable for me.

On the plus side, for my snack before bed I made a little quesadilla of a low carb tortilla, reduced fat cheddar, and a delicious salsa, and it was really good. I don't generally like those low carb tortillas because I prefer corn to wheat, but I did add a little butter to the pan and it helped make it more crisp. That was good stuff.

All whining aside, I cannot argue with the results. I am getting into clothes I couldn't a month ago, and I am feeling pretty darn good. So I just need to keep reminding myself of that. We are planning a trip to New York over the kids' spring break (March) so at least I will be in Step 2 and more able to manage the carb situation. We are renting an apartment so I'll have control over breakfast, and we will walk a ton so that will also help.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Last edited by Southside Girl; 02-12-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

I'm not feeling great today and feel like I could go off the rails. I'm trying to guard against it by not leaving my office for lunch and just eating cheese and no carb items I have here. It's too darn cold to go out anyway! The reason I'm not feeling great is because my cat decided it was time to get up at 2:30 this morning. It was too cold to just put her out and go back to bed, so I stayed up. She wanted out so badly, but would only stay out for a few minutes before clawing at the window to come back in. She went out and back in 3 times between 3 & 4 this morning. She finally settled down on my lap around 5 and we both dozed a little bit. It's not supposed to be as cold tonight, so if she pulls it again.......out she goes! Momma needs some sleep!

Tomorrow is my birthday and we're going out to dinner with friends. I'm trying to decide if I'll have a cheat meal, or stick to plan. I guess I'll see what strikes me at the time.

Have a good one!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Southside your meals sound good to me. I make mashed cauliflower with sour cream and butter and cheese so I don't miss the mashed potatoes, much like yours but never tried it in the crock pot. Yesterday I made a cinnamon roll muffin with cream cheese frosting that really hit the spot! I will post the recipe if anyone wants. If I am craving something then I search for a replacement. I also made a butter pecan ice cream in my Vitamix that was so good. The quesadilla sounds like a great lunch! I think I will make one .

My menopause started 5 years ago and I still have hot flashes, especially during the night. My little Yorkie laying against me can spark it pretty quick. I elected no meds due to cancer risks. I do take some natural products from Swanson's that helps. As far as MM goes I have to keep reminding myself that at my weight I can only expect to loose 3-5 pounds in 8 weeks. The first time I did MM I lost really fast but not this time. I have to quit getting on the stupid scale, bad habit!

Lori my Yorkie has noise issues and separation anxiety issues. Oh my when it storms there is no sleep for me . When we lived in Missouri there were many spring storms and many sleepless nights. I had to get up at 3:30 am for work and it was so difficult she had me wore out and then my health issues at the time. Gosh what we do for our pets!! Since coming to Utah springs are much quieter and I no longer get up at 3:30. Thankfully 4th of July is just a few days here rather then weeks of fire works like Missouri.

Happy Birthday Lori, have a wonderful day
Old 02-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Yes, happy early birthday, Lori! You should enjoy your special day as a one-off. Or find an awesome meal that fits your plan. We went to Outback for hubby's birthday and it was very easy for me to find a meal that I liked that fit the plan (sans bread, of course). And I feel your pain about the animal issues! My fat grey cat (who I am trying to force onto a diet for his health) will wake me up at 4 am to eat. He will come sit near my face and stick his cold nose on me--if that doesn't work, he'll gnaw on my head very gently. If I put the covers over my head, he sits on it. Good gravies, when he is hungry he is worse than a baby! I try to put a bit of kibble in his bowl before I go to bed but it doesn't really make much difference. I need to come up with some way to ignore that little devil...

Last edited by Southside Girl; 02-12-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ladies!

My favorite meal at this place is Chicken Marsala which comes with pasta and I believe the chicken is dusted with flour. Not exactly MM friendly!

They do have a scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer that is very yummy.....hmmmm
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Could you ask them to not dust the chicken? I know a lot of places will do that in order to comply with gluten-free folks. And could you sub a veggie for the pasta? That would work. I think you'd be okay with the Marsala on Step 2, or at least not that far gone!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hélène
Stats: 5-4, 174#
WOE: Very High Veg Intake, High fat, No grains
Hi peeps! I read over everyone's posts since last time i was on and you are, except that one Grac4 <poke>, getting BORED. I totally hear that. Step 1 was TORTUOUS for me.
Grac4 i think not following the Step 2 rules is what made you start to gain. It's ultra important to eat 11-20g EVERY five hours. It's the key difference btwn Atkins and MM. When ppl add carbs in Atkins, they gain wgt and then end up on Phase 1 the rest of forever. When ppl add carbs on MM, done CORRECTLY, you will *KEEP* losing. But you have to listen to Diane if you want to be able to eat carbs again, besides the small amts we are allowed on Step 1 (as the Free Foods). For me, step 3 won't be a whole lot more than Step 2 anyway. I'm an old, shorter woman who's not very active besides exercise, so it's just gonna be 8-9 svgs a day, compared to 5 or 6 on Step 1. I need to learn to eat small quantities of appropriate carbs. And be happy with it I rly didn't mind Step 2 last times. I'm constantly under alot of stress that won't stop, it's just the way it is. Sometimes the only thing I can do is self-medicate...with food. Now the last 2 days I have had some stress that normally would send me self-medicating. All I had was diet dr. pepper. Newsflash---caffeine also causes your blood sugar to rise. Stay away from it, even the diet. I've let myself have a few pcs of 85% dark chocolate but only a small amt is needed and I'm more than satiated.
I AM having more satiation on Step 1 this time becuz I am eating fat. I'm not doing low-fat like Diane suggests. I am NEVER EVER hungry and little amts, like a 5x5 of fruit or beans is doing it for me as far as deprivation attacks...cuz you're right, 8 WEEKS of Step 1 is just A.W.F.U.L. as far as monotony and scrambling for something to eat. But right now it's only been 3 wks and I'm ok about going another 2 -3 wks. (I'm not doing a whole other 8 wks no frikkin way lol) The control about food I'm feeling is awesome this time compared to others and I like that. Alot.
Hélène is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

About Wheat Belly---one thing I've been doing just naturally this time, is not to replace my grain carbs with subs, like oat fiber wraps or flaxseed muffins, etc. I've just eliminated grains. REALLY digging wraps using large romaine lettuce with mayo, bleu cheese dressing, mustard, wing sauce or all of them lol. I throw in cucumbers, tomatoes, sauerkraut, ANYthing with the meat (& cheese) and roll it up! Then I dip some broccoli in sour cream or bleu cheese, eat a handful of nuts and I'm loving life in 20 min cuz I'm very full. YAY
Or I have a salad with meat and nuts. Afternoons are historically hard for me, so I try not to eat a ton at the meal so I can snarf stuff later.
BUT I haven't been doing that cuz I'm fulllll till dinner. Which keeps gettin later and later at our house as I wouldn't even eat if I didnt have kids to cook for lol
I reread Wheat Belly over the last fews nites and decided I'm going to continue not 5x5-ing grains and probably stick to steelcut oats and hulled barley once I'm on step 2. There soooo many other carbs to eat---beans, fruits, yogurt, starchy vegs (all of which I love). The hard part about no grains is the no bread, so sandwiches and rolls and tortillas are out. So you have to plan around that. I'm getting lots of practice now in Step 1. I love oats and barley so we may just stick with that (my kids do too).
Rereading WHT Belly, I'm really seeing the keys to why wheat is a huge additive culprit and may have been contributing to my horrendous experience on Step 1 before. I felt like a soldier pulling himself along 3 miles, by his arms, before collapsing at the fort's door by the time I'd reached week 8!
So to others having a hard time on Step 1, try cutting out grains altogether, esp wheat and see if it helps. I'd say it'd take a week to get it all out of your system and quell the effects of it on your body 2.
The author of WHT Belly has some recc'ds that match Diane's, such as no more than 1/2c servings of carbs, etc. BUT he also suggests eating fat and goes to great length to explain why fat does not cause high cholesterol, etc. Great minds think alike lol, but as science advances, fine-tuning is in order! On To Health!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Helene are you by chance on miracleville at all? Diane does not believe in the wheat belly theory at all. Just saying her opinion, she posted her thoughts on it when another asked about it. I was glad to find her thoughts on it because I was wondering myself. Yes I absolutely did not eat when I should the 11-20 after the first few months which is why I enjoy the freedom of step one. Diane says we could live on step one if we are happy here. Step two mess ups added about 5 pounds back on me after meeting my goal, my doctor is actually happy with where I am but I am not. Yup for sure when I go back to step 2 I got to keep eating and keep the sugar below 6 grams. Those were the two things I got slack on but I was tired of eating
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Your bringing up the 8 weeks, Helene, has me pondering something. Why do your liver and pancreas have to "rest" for such a long time? Especially if after you mess up you just have to tack on a few more days and not rest them again for 8 weeks? My daughter is a nursing student and said that the liver does not need anywhere near that amount of time to cleanse itself or to purge glycogen. I am SO ready for a shift, I have clearly lost weight, and I am committed to working out, so what is the benefit to staying on this for another two weeks when I am craving some variety? Maybe I am just at a low spot but it is getting harder for me, not easier. And my big cheat was eating four tortilla chips, so I have been pretty committed. Don't mind me, just seeing a package of blackberries in the fridge has me jonesing...
Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubatron
WOE: Miracle Metabolism
Start Date: January 2014
I was honestly wondering the same thing, Southside Girl. I have bounced back a bit this week in terms of my enthusiasm with step one, but eight weeks DOES seem excessive. Oh well, I'm trusting in the book, I suppose.

I have been thinking about step two and I am kind of nervous about that... I should just worry about it once I get there. I'm nearly half-way through step one! I'm sure the next four weeks will be a challenge.

Happy birthday, Lori!! I say, go ahead and eat what you'd like on your birthday! Just get right back on it after that meal.

For Valentine's Day, we plan on making some scallops and steak, and I want to give a whirl at the spaghetti squash, see if it really is like pasta. Now, this is if it quits snowing and we can leave the house to get some groceries...
Rubatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girls!! Nothing like a nice snow storm on your birthday! We have 6 or 8 inches I think. It appears to have slowed down now, so hopefully our dinner plans will not be ruined.

Moved to Step 2 today! Not a moment too soon as I haven't been feeling well the last couple days. I have a tendency to not eat enough calories on Step 1 and it catches up with me. A Fiber One bar tasted so good to me for coffee break this morning! I only eat 1 every few days even though they are allowed on Step 2. They are the Fiber One Protein bars. Once I get to the grocery store, I'll stock up on my "on plan" yogurt for my morning break.

I think I'll go for the chicken Marsala tonight. Not sure if I'll eat any pasta or not.....depends on my mood till then. If they have a veggie that sounds good, I'll just get double veggies and no pasta.

I have to re-think my eating since I'm back on Step 2. I may not get totally back on track with it until Monday......or at least until I get to the grocery store. No worries.......it's for life after all!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubatron View Post
I want to give a whirl at the spaghetti squash, see if it really is like pasta. .
Well, R, I don't find it to be too much like pasta, but I do like it. I am not crazy about it with just tomato sauce, but if you make a chunky meat and tomato sauce it isn't bad. My favorite way to eat it is simply with a little butter and parmesan cheese, and a bit of salt and pepper. My advice: made sure you drain it well. I even use cheesecloth to get some of the extra water out, because it is REALLY watery and there is nothing appealing about watery spaghetti squash (especially with a tomato sauce on it).

I will try to stick on plan for another week, but I'm going to seriously read Step 2 this weekend and get familiar with it. I will start week 7 on Monday. I find myself eating a LOT of almonds and they aren't calorie-free. Today for my 5x5 I had my blackberries, and I have to tell you, there were AMAZING. I miss fruit a lot!

Tonight for dinner we are having chicken enchiladas. For myself I am making a little casserole of shredded chicken, sour cream, light cheddar, and some green sauce over the top, with some crushed Fritos on top to give it that corny flavor (they are an allowed 5x5, all ten of them). That and a nice big salad should do it.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lori!! Enjoy your birthday dinner! I think you will be fine!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

I am not on Miracleville. I would assume Diane doesn't agree with Wht Belly as she's a wheat-lover lol She also loves splenda and thinks diet drinks are just fine, caffeine included. We disagree
Simply becuz I have unconsciously eliminated wheat already am I going to keep it out. It MITE be the reason why this time I not going bonkers. Well, that and the high fat--yes Diane disagrees on that too lol The physiology Davis provides in Wht Belly shows how carbs wreck your cholesterol count. He goes quite in depth on alot of things about carbs in general. I don't always agree wheat is the culprit in what he's discussing, but it's possible. It's def a CARB thing tho. So they both agree on low, good quality carb for health.
I'm not knocking Diane, she's a godsend with the methodology of this diet. She has gone the step further needed from Atkins. I just still read allll the research as I'm studying nutrition myself to get my bachelors in it, not an RD tho. I have no need for that certification as I'm not going to work in a facility.
I do agree that first time you do MM you should go the full 8 weeks. It may not be necessary to get the glycogen out of the liver as it is gone in a few days and your liver is always cleansing itself. But I think there's something to FORCING yourself to eat this way and learning how to eat low, low, low carb. You will just torture urself thru it if it was just a 2 wk thing like most lowcarb plans. You won't become accustomed to it. 8 weeks makes it become PART of your thinking. Plus you will enjoy the crap out of FIVE times a DAY eating carbs! Trust me on this lol
Also mostly resting the pancreas is highly possible and that poor thing is WORN OUT. Your liver is also suffering from the excess triglyceride formation you forced from it due to too high carb intake. Most Met B's have fatty livers also.
Tonite I made some Saffron Mashed Cauliflower (very simple). I miss COOKING! Cooking (and cooking healthily) is my passion and that was part of my boredom. It's about impossible to cook anything fun with NO carbs. Step 2 is much better.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Grac4 I seriously can not imagine getting sick of eating carbs. How did you get like that on Step 2? I want the secret lol I could LIVE on only carbs, most of the time. Right now, I don't have any use for them, besides fruit lol I am having a 5x5 fruit in my shakes but I'd love to eat more fruit HA
Ok, beans too, so carby and carby and carbyyyy (yet, so good for you in so many ways!)
You don't have to eat anything else with ur carb dam also...if ur just not hungry. Force down those 12 grapes or slice of toast or 1/2c rice or glass of milk. It'll keep the wgt off Heck, eat 11g of potato chips to keep ur liver from feeding you 60g of glycogen!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

I also made a chart titled What to Have On Hand (already cooked) for Step 2. I list all the stuff I like that's carbs. Having sweet potatoes, acorn squash, beets, rutabagas, barley and other long cooking carbs in the fridge makes me easily skip by bread or chips :0 for my dam. Ensuring I have more yogurt for me too, lets me off the cheese constantly...that gets boring for me too, but I need the calcium lol
Remembering I can have 3c of buttered popcorn or Wasa bread-crackers helps me keep it lively also.
I rly DO try and eat more than beans and fruit on Step 2 rofl
Try doing this so you too eat quality carbs on Step 2. Just a list would work tho...I'm a little anal lol

Last edited by Hélène; 02-13-2014 at 03:23 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

SSG these last 2 weeks will seem like a long time perhaps but in a few months from now u'll see what a short time is it
Maybe if you stop worrying about the calories and just eat liberally, but not crazily, from what is neutral/free foods? You have to understand this is about HORMONAL wgt loss. It's not about cal in =cal out. That is a faulty theory, only worked for half the population at best. Now I'd say anyone over 40, it ain't gonna work for. Just enjoy those nuts or whatever else; and crunch away!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Lori, on Step 2, you can mess up 2 times a week and it's ok. You don't have to go back to Step 1 for a 10-day cleanup till you do it 3 times. So on ur birthday--go for it!
I PLAN 2 mess-ups a week as treats for me. I can do this becuz I'm very strict the rest of the week. If you're worried about messing up, don't plan for it. But if it happens, no sweat. We're being kind to our bodies now and they can handle it RARE slips.
Gosh I wish someone would have taught me HOW TO BE and that I SHOULD BE kind to my body, when I was young! What heartache I would have avoided! The shame of obesity, the lost relationships becuz no one would get to know me based on my size, the inability to do fun stuff that's active, esp with my bad knee (worsened by the wgt). I am passionate about nutrition becuz I have lost alot of life due to faulty nutrition.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hélène View Post
I list all the stuff I like that's carbs. Having sweet potatoes, acorn squash, beets, rutabagas, barley and other long cooking carbs in the fridge makes me easily skip by bread or chips :0 for my dam. Ensuring I have more yogurt for me too, lets me off the cheese constantly...that gets boring for me too, but I need the calcium lol
Remembering I can have 3c of buttered popcorn or Wasa bread-crackers helps me keep it lively also.
OMG, all of those things sound so delicious!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

I guess it's just hard for me to get over the calorie thing. I find it hard to believe I can lose fat without being in calorie deficit.

What the hell, I just grabbed another ten nuts!