Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Jumpin' July, Batman! Dukan Thread makes it to another July!

Here is our July Thread... Starting it a couple days early because the holiday will be hectic for everyone! We came here from:
Dukan dieters losing it in June!

Here are the helpful links for everyone:

The Dukan Diet
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
DUKAN EATING PLAN FYI
Dukan Diet -- Awesome August!! One day at a time!!
Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen!

To the Dukan July 1012 Thread
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Came in to mark my spot on the new thread
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Love the name
I'm gonna add more rebounding to my workouts & think Jumping July Batman!

I am planning to renew my focus - make workouts a priority - treat July 1st like January 1st and I expect to see amazing things these next 6 months like I have these first 6 months this year on Dukan!!!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
You can do Paranoid (whats your first name?) I do kickboxing and turbo fire, and today I get my insanity DVDs delivered, excited to see those. I love to workout most days though.... I have seriously considered rebounding too!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Anessa. But for years people call me AJ. So either works. My sister & kids just call me paranoid!

Last edited by Paranoidsoutherner; 06-29-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy_A
Stats: 400/400/250
WOE: Trying Dukan
Start Date: July 2, 2012
So glad to find these threads.... I am starting this diet in the morning... And was really hoping there would be a support forum here on LCF....
Tracy_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Tracy!
Dukan has worked well for me this year. I hope find it to be a great plan too. The first week is tough if you don't love meet & milk but I did/do so it wasn't so bad. Keep us posted.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Checking in to get back on track- finally!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Tracy, how are you finding it so far? The oat bran pancake really helps keep on track!
You can also make a breakfast *bowl* kind of a like a bread pudding it is faster:
1.5 tbsp oatbran, 1 tbsp greek yogurt, some splenda, a dash of vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon ( or use sugar free chocolate pudding a tbsp) and it comes out sort of like a little cake after microwaving for 1 minute. I drizzle a little no carb syrup on mine... mmmm and fast!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Doing pretty good.. Lost 2 lbs.. My hubby lost 2.5, my daughter lost 2 and my mom lost 4.

I made muffins from the oatbran pancake recipe... Both savory and sweet.. That helped...
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Tracy, sounds like the whole family is on board! How much easier that will be for all of you! We are here for you! If you wish I would like to invite you to join the Honey Badger Challenge. We are in our 3rd quarter. Everyone there is on their own eating plan & it is not just Dukan. However, we have a weekly weigh in that is put on a spread sheet & it is a good way to keep track & have additional support.

I think you will find Dukan a wonderful way to eat for the rest of your life! It has done wonders for me. There is a group of people that just can not do the high fat & low carbs of Atkins & we kinda really fit here. I love dairy & eggs so it fits right in for me. You will eventually tweak Dukan to your personal body and that is kinda nice. Something that will help you in the first few months is to keep a journal of what you are eating. Then along with a chart of your loss...& it will be a loss... you can see what worked to give you the most success & what really didnt work.

I personally dont like the term "cheating". That makes me think that we are doing something sneaky but rather we make WISE & UNWISE CHOICES in what we do eat. We learn real fast that the unwise choices make us miserable; we strive for wise choices every day but please NEVER feel guilty if you make an unwise choice! It is a learning curve...just decide that will not be something to do again.

I also personally beilieve we have to LIVE LIFE & occasionally there will be the time of celebrations & family times that revolve around the table. I encourage myself & others at that time to make wise choices in the foods & portions knowing the next day you will see a negative response in your body. We just get right back on program the next day usually without too much damage being done...we just dont want too many of those "celebrations" or we will get out of control.

Also, this is as much a mental challenge as a physical! Once we get it fixed in our mind that we are going to do this ~ we will not back up! Might make bad choices but if we do wont throw in the towel because of an hour or a day.!

If you stick with the program you will be a new you in no time. If you get a chance read through some of our old threads over the past year. There have been some wonderful successes with those of us who have had the lifestyle change! I for one have been able to successfully keep off what I lost for a year...have gone from a 16 to a 12. Yesterday, I had a pair of 14s on just because I have so many & wear them to work around the house. I realized the shorts fit more like a skirt & I can not wear them to town any longer. Time to go get a few more pair of shorts for summer...

THIS IS TO A SUCCESSFUL JULY FOR EVERYONE
Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
Love the name
I'm gonna add more rebounding to my workouts & think Jumping July Batman!

I am planning to renew my focus - make workouts a priority - treat July 1st like January 1st and I expect to see amazing things these next 6 months like I have these first 6 months this year on Dukan!!!
I definitely need the cardio I get from that! I will join you in Jumpin' July for real! I can do that! My garage is so full of the kids stuff that they need to store I cant even get to my gazelle & treadmill I set up. But I can put the rebounder in my bedroom against the wall & move it easily to use it.

Terrific Idea ~ Rebounding! Let's do it!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Yep--- I am going to jump thru July! That little bugger is tough stuff! I'm also getting 45 mins at least 5 days a week on elliptical. So far so good!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Faithful! I'm afraid I haven't really lost anymore.. Not sure why, since I am following the plan. My husband has lost 7 lbs since Monday, my daughter 5.. And I'm still stuck at 2. I haven't really been remembering my thyroid meds on schedule.. So that maybe it... I got back on track today... So I will give it a few days and see. I'm also not drinking my water the way I'm suppose to...lol
Old 07-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Tracy ---- I was forgetting my thyroid meds at one point and it will mess you up. I do believe things worked better for me when I made sure I took them daily near the same time. Which for me means dragging out of the by by 5am and taking that little pill - then I go right back to bed.
& WATER WATER WATER --- I forced the water. I make up two 32 oz bottles of water a day and I make sure I drink them. Then I sometimes drink water with meals too but I know I'm getting enough water if I get both bottles down. I found out on the weekends when I wouldn't make up the bottles I wouldn't do as well.

Keep on it will start working. Good look

In 2012 I lost 60. In 2013 I found the majority of it again...now in 2014 I will fix it!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Thyroid must be taken on an EMPTY stomach & nothing for 30 minutes after. It was difficult for me to do that until I started putting it in a daily pill box beside my bed with a covered jar of water. Since I get up once a night to visit the "potty" that is when I take mine... never miss it.

I dont worry about no loss IT WILL COME if you stay on plan especially if carbs are what is keeping your weight up. I did not loose anything during the attack phase. It wasnt until the 3rd week that I started to loose then went to 1lb a day and had to modify the plan as my health was showing problems from the rapid loss at my young age of 33 twice. I have kept the weight off for a year now and dropped about 5 more pounds. If I continue to stay stable & maybe loose a little more each year I am content! Keep up the good work all!

Paranoid... no room for the rebounder in the garage & I had to put up my exercise equipment again. Kids moved almost everything else here from their house & now the garage is FULL. I spent the last week "spit polishing" their house for market. A clean sparkling house sells much faster than a "just moved out" house. Hugs ~ & I drink so much water kefir, kombucha & home brewed fermented ginger I forget how good water is & force myself to remember to drink it. It is a big downfall for me.... Will set a bottle out to be sure it gets down... Was easier when it was just me at home..

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-07-2012 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Faithful - you really have your hands full. It's good that you are maintaining well. Keep on being that inspiration to us.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
Faithful - you really have your hands full. It's good that you are maintaining well. Keep on being that inspiration to us.
You are so sweet! Hugs!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi ladies,
Some of you I know from the BAHB thread...just lettin' yall know that today is my Day 1 of Dukan. I need to bust through my little "gain" here and my plateau of 16 months. Met a local lady who has lost 40 lbs in 4 months and now I am going to give this my VERY BEST SHOT. Yessirree!

OK:
B: 2 eggs scrambled w/oat bran
S: some herring in FF plain Chobani yogurt
L: leftover baked salmon
S: a few oz of turkey
D: more turkey

Looking forward to this new WOE!!!
Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Live_free --- I love dukan! I've lost over 50 in 5 months. It really works. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Live Free be sure to eat enough...NEVER GO HUNGRY!
We are pulling for you...
I have been able to keep the lbs off for over a year!
Not the largest loss but being able to stay down is for me such an accomplishment!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies!

Down 2.6 lbs this morning, I know I'm working off the water/glucogen but I am encouraged. Yesterday went just fine and I ate plenty and enjoyed it. It is nice not to weigh out 3 oz protein portions on the food scale like I was doin'...and my hunger hasn't sprialed. So far so good.

Been so long since having FF dairy, I am loving it...I think this WOE will be a good "change up" from my usual routine. Squeezed in 20 min on the ellipitcal last night too.

Today:
B: 2 eggs, 3 small turkey sausages
S: herring in ff Chobani
L: turkey & FF cottage cheese
S: some more sliced turkey
D: haddock & shrimp...

So there you go! Hope y'all have a pleasant day, on plan!
Nancy
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Finished 5 days of Attack, in my 3rd day of Cruise. I am down 5 lbs total, although I had just gained 2 right before starting. (I had already lost about ten pounds in the previous 4 months and another 10 the year before that, so I didn't get a totally dramatic start, but that's fine). I hope the last 30 lbs. goes faster!

Can someone confirm that the restriction for oil in the Cruise phase is one teaspoon per day (used as salad dressing or in sauce)? The book is a bit fuzzy there.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Finished 5 days of Attack, in my 3rd day of Cruise. I am down 5 lbs total, although I had just gained 2 right before starting. (I had already lost about ten pounds in the previous 4 months and another 10 the year before that, so I didn't get a totally dramatic start, but that's fine). I hope the last 30 lbs. goes faster!

Can someone confirm that the restriction for oil in the Cruise phase is one teaspoon per day (used as salad dressing or in sauce)? The book is a bit fuzzy there.
I think you will be fine with that... if you see your weight loss slow you may want to cut back.

Each of us have different bodies & respond differently to the same eating plan. You will "tweat" Dukan to best fit your body. Sounds like you dont have a lot to drop so dont expect the 10 pounds a month if you only have 15 to loose....but it IS entirely possible!

We are here pulling for you!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

New (for me) recipe

I saw a recipe for a quick crock pot chicken chili & thought I would make it...

My store was out of the Harvestland chicken breasts so I bought a whole roasting chicken (Harvestland brand)

I took it home & put it in slow cooker til it fell off the bones...deboned & removed the skin. Then into the juice remaining went the shredded chicken along with 1 heaping TBS of chili powder & also 1 TBSP cumen powder...gave it a quick stir & added a jar of Corn & Black Bean Salsa 3carbs for 3 TBS. Cooked on high for 2 hours. This is an awesome combination ! The chicken is 3x the volume of the salsa so per serving it is maybe 9 carbs... if you can only eat one serving....
Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Iam: Yum on that chicken chili recipe!
Buttah: Wow, great job on your loss so far, you are definitely in the groove of the Cruise eh?
Para - how ya doin, still losing the cruise weight?
Tracy - how is it going?

Gosh kids, I'm down 4.4 lbs after 2 days. Today is Day 3 of Attack...I think the 5 day Attack will work for me, my goal is to lose 30. I am quite happy with the food choices, and not getting hungry which is nice. I am looking forward to Sunday when I will start Cruise and have some veggies. I love my veg! Feeling strong and psyched. I have an interim (and realistic) goal to achieve by Aug. 4 which is my 40th High School Reunion and I'm gunning for it.

Today is:
B: some leftover baked haddock, scrambled egg beaters with oat bran
S: ff yogurt & herring (I sound like a broken record but I am crazy about this!)
L: ff cottage cheese & roast turkey
S: lil bit of roast turkey
D: I'm making the tandoori chicken recipe (chicken breasts are marinating in FF yogurt w/ginger, curry, garlic, lemon juice...bake at 400 for 20 min then put on the grill to finish....oh baby, this is gonna be good!)

OK, til later. Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Nancy
Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

I took a portion of the chicken I made (it had jelled from all the meat juice) placed it over a bed of lettuce & sprinkled with lime & grated cheese... really good!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Hey all! I've been busy and didn't get out here much this last week. This morning I am 171.6. That's 1.2 up from prevacation weight. Hoping to see that drop quickly!

I was losing between 1-3 lbs a week from the second week in January until the third week in June That's when I took a cruise & gained 13 (so worth it!) I've been back to plan for 3 weeks and just almost recovered. I would have recovered faster but cheated twice. Still at this point I know if I eat on plan I will lose and if I cheat I will go up....I didn't break plan for months. And I've been all plan for this last week so im going to stuck to plan for the remainder of the month. That should get me into the 160's. Note when I say break plan I mean one meal that will contain food not on plan or a drink.....not a whole day of eating or anything too destructive.

So all to say. Yes I'm still loing on cruise.....I think you'll see great results for four or five months. Keep on keeping on!

Last edited by Paranoidsoutherner; 07-15-2012 at 03:31 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to adjust my stats tomorrow after weigh in. I never took it below 174...even though I hit 170.4. So whatever it says tomorrow morning will be my new stat
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great Paranoid! I am working on getting back under 170 again... dont like the bounce above this number... just too many thing around that havent been here all year - just a taste here & a bite here.... not worth it... would rather eat the whole thing !!! & too many things to take me off my normal....I have to find a new normal that works!

Still, I got this! I just went out and bought more 12s because I got so tired of the baggy 14s & I am NOT going back to them except for yard work!