Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi ladies...

IamMeek - yes, this plan is really easy and how nice to not feel deprived?! How do you prepare your tilapia?

Zanji - hope you are doing well during your fast today, and it'll all be fine.

Paranoid - oh lovely on the Mexican food, don't make me think about it.

Iam - hope all is calm & peaceful, looking forward to the pepperoni experiment!

Hello Stilldews & Dessa...

Well, last time I got on the scale (Sat am) I was down 8.4 lbs...Sat was supposed to be a PP day but we went out to dinner and my mixed grill dinner was the best choice I could make, it had grilled chicken tenders, grilled asparagus, grilled eggplant and some steamed broccoli. Had a couple of light beers though. Did PP yesterday, and today is PV....tonight DH will make chicken curry and I'll make up some turkey meatballs for other meals.

Have a great day and mindful meals, we can and ARE doing this!!!

Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
IamMeek - yes, this plan is really easy and how nice to not feel deprived?! How do you prepare your tilapia?
Yes, I agree.
I usually pan fry using PAM or I'll bake it... prefer it pan fried though .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Ladies you are doing well.

"Cheats??????" NEVER!!!! You are just fooling yourself into thinking you are doing something sneaky or against the rules. We dont allow others to "cheat" when it comes to dealing with us, so why should we do it to outselves. It is a mental thing....

You are really not "cheating" but just making a CHOICE to have something that is off plan. No need for the guilt of "cheating" just know that the choice you made was not the smartest for you for that particular time & learn from how it reacted on you.

If you can't "live" while you become healthier, then you will still be enslaved to food. The choices are yours every day! So make more smart choices than poor ones

As to the pepperoni.... I mixed it together Sunday morning using ground turkey. It is in fridge for the 3 day resting time to meld the flavors. I will let you know on Thursday how it turned out.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-24-2012 at 04:37 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Ladies you are doing well.

"Cheats??????" NEVER!!!! You are just fooling yourself into thinking you are doing something sneaky or against the rules. We dont allow others to "cheat" when it comes to dealing with us, so why should we do it to outselves. It is a mental thing....

You are really not "cheating" but just making a CHOICE to have something that is off plan. No need for the guilt of "cheating" just know that the choice you made was not the smartest for you for that particular time & learn from how it reacted on you.

If you can't "live" while you become healthier, then you will still be enslaved to food. The choices are yours every day! So make more smart choices than poor ones

As to the pepperoni.... I mixed it together Sunday morning using ground turkey. It is in fridge for the 3 day resting time to meld the flavors. I will let you know on Thursday how it turned out.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

OK so here is the verdict on the pepperoni!
I made mine with turkey & will make it again with one minor change...
I will not put in so many crushed red peppers.
It was not inedible but really too hot for the kids but great sliced with a piece of cheese!
I would not put it on pizza. However I did NOT let it cook for 8 hours.
The oven I have has a turbo button (convection) & since it is so hot outside 100+ I didnt want the house to get overheated for 8 hours so I used it & the logs cooked in 3 hours. REALLY GOOD & A DEFINITE WINNER with less crushed red peppers. I will start just 1lb tomorrow without the peppers.

I did use regular salt as the Morton's in the recipe has nitrates for a preservative... will keep it in the fridge anyway...& feel free to add or remove any spices to your taste but you definitely need the liquit smoke & the crushed fennel seed.

Home made beef pepperoni

Ingredients

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp mustard seed
1 1/2 or 2 tsp crushed fennel seed (optional)
1 or 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional I only used 1 for 2lbs of meat & it was way too much)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sugar
2 heaping tsp Morton's Tender Quick salt (I used 2 rounded teaspoons of Hymilian rock salt)
How to make it

Mix seasonings and meat thoroughly (use your hands).
Cover with foil or cling film and refrigerate for 48-72 hours.
Preheat oven to 200F
Roll meat into two long logs.
Use your broiler pan, or place a rack on a pan that can drain, on a cookie sheet and place the rolls on the rack.
Bake at 200 degrees for 8 hours. (I used my convection button & cooked for 3 hours & it was ready)
Rotate logs every 2 hours.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-25-2012 at 12:57 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Iam - glad the pepperoni turned out, and I will cut and paste the recipe and give it a go some time soon!

Well, I am now down 9 lbs and finally back in Onederland, to 199.6. That is a big deal to me and I am having a private victory moment! I am mindful of what I am NOT eating, the little bites nd snacks here and there that add up! I am really liking this Dukan. Today is a PV day so I brought salad for lunch and looking forward to some nice veg with dinner tonight.

How is everyone doing?

Nancy
Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy Welcome back to Onderland! Good Job! Dukie must work for you!

I used 2lb of ground turkey & made 4 long log rolls about an inch & a half in diameter.

Weight is still above 170 ~ dont know what is going on except the 1 or 2 hours of walking (not strolling) I am doing every day... clothes still fit so I am not too concerned... will stop by store for Fage 0, cottage cheese, oat brand & eggs... have turkey & chicken... guess I will just keep doing what I am doing & skip my HL 80 cal bun every day & see what happens in a week or so... first time since the first of the year the scale has gone up & stayed there... Life Happens!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-25-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #98

Good morning Ladies. Just stopping by really quick to check in.

Iam - I must try that recipe soon. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy - congrats on making it to Onderland. So excited for you!

Well, I'm still hanging in there. I love the Dukan plan. It's simple and easy. I decided to do a total of 10 days of ATTACK. I have 3 more days to go... can't wait to start the Cruise phase as I miss my veggies, lol.

Is it always this quiet around here?

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Yay, summer school is over and I have a small break to post my events over the past week.

On last Thursday I ended the fast at 188.0, and went right into attack.

Over Friday-Sunday, I gained as expected water back from not eating for 14 days, and peaked at 191 on July 22nd (Sunday). Kept on trucking, I expected to settle around 193-195 so this was actually good news. I consider Sunday my official day 1 attack day (out of 6 days)

I started to relose the weight gained immediately, and by today July 25th I'm at 187.8lbs, my lowest since surgery. I really do enjoy this plan, it broke through my gains very quickly. I did have to take dulcolax last night as I had not moved in almost 2 weeks, and I feel tons better now. (that's just something I have always had issues with anyway).

No complaints here whatsoever.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll log back on tonight and touch base
obraxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Hey everybody!

Way to go LIVE_FREE_NH .... getting under 200. I remember so clearly when that happened to me earlier this year! It's a MAJOR VICTORY!!!

I got sick on Monday so instead of doing good this week and recovering my my weekend gain I've added a couple more lbs but I'm not worried. All of it was on plan food just more of it than I needed. I am back on track today and hoping to see some drop in the next two days.

KEEP up the good work everybody!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Figured out why the scale is up so far.... I have been sitting outside for about 5 hours every afternoon... it is only 105 in the shade where I am sitting... I just need to get out of the house away from the A/C units & all the stress 5 people bring into my house. It is really quite nice as there is a slight breeze most of the day... So Quiet Out There.....

I feel like a blimp with the puffy legs & hands... but at least I know it will eventually roll off... Hugs!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #102

Seems like everyone is doing well. Keep at it. Dessa, congrats on being at your lowest. I am thrilled for you, sister .

I am doing well. The scale is moving everyday, and I'm happy!!

Dukan is the GREATEST!

Have a wonderful day, yaw
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Dessa, Live Free, Meekness
Keep it up! Dukie is terrific & you three new Ducaniestas are really marking your losses.
This is one place where losing is winning!

Lets all make GOOD CHOICES TODAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

Is everyone here also a Honey Badger? If not come join us there as well...
Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers Getting Tough/3rd quarter
Weigh in is every Monday & a link for the spread sheet is always posted.

Ps.... have started rebounding (on the little round thingy in my room) ~ good cardio in addition to the 1-2 hour walking at Dollar General, so glad Bill (mgr) lets me join in the fun there! It really is a fun friendly place.....lots of laughter every day among all the locals shopping & working there.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-26-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies, glad to see everyone well and chugging along with the Dukan...

Iam - ha ha, I love "Dukaneista!" I think a lot of heat makes one retain water.

Yesterday I put skinless chicken breasts (on the bone) in a bag with fat free creamy Ceasar dressing for a good 8-9 hr marinate. Then grilled 'em. Oh WOW, really good! Hubby loved 'em too.

Today is a PP day for me.
B: 2tbs oatbran in my eggbeater omelet w/some ff feta cheese
S: the usual! herring in FF plain chobani, oh gosh my fave!
L: some leftover chicken plus some ff cottage cheese
S: I have an HB egg ready
D: thinking about it!

Later!
Nancy
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #105

Nancy, thanks for sharing your menu. Gives me good ideas.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
OK so here is the verdict on the pepperoni!
I made mine with turkey & will make it again with one minor change...
I will not put in so many crushed red peppers.
It was not inedible but really too hot for the kids but great sliced with a piece of cheese!
I would not put it on pizza. However I did NOT let it cook for 8 hours.
The oven I have has a turbo button (convection) & since it is so hot outside 100+ I didnt want the house to get overheated for 8 hours so I used it & the logs cooked in 3 hours. REALLY GOOD & A DEFINITE WINNER with less crushed red peppers. I will start just 1lb tomorrow without the peppers.

I did use regular salt as the Morton's in the recipe has nitrates for a preservative... will keep it in the fridge anyway...& feel free to add or remove any spices to your taste but you definitely need the liquit smoke & the crushed fennel seed.

Home made beef pepperoni

Ingredients

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp mustard seed
1 1/2 or 2 tsp crushed fennel seed (optional)
1 or 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional I only used 1 for 2lbs of meat & it was way too much)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sugar
2 heaping tsp Morton's Tender Quick salt (I used 2 rounded teaspoons of Hymilian rock salt)
How to make it

Mix seasonings and meat thoroughly (use your hands).
Cover with foil or cling film and refrigerate for 48-72 hours.
Preheat oven to 200F
Roll meat into two long logs.
Use your broiler pan, or place a rack on a pan that can drain, on a cookie sheet and place the rolls on the rack.
Bake at 200 degrees for 8 hours. (I used my convection button & cooked for 3 hours & it was ready)
Rotate logs every 2 hours.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I have an HB egg ready
Nancy, didnt know Honey Badgers laid eggs......

The "pepperoni" is a real keeper.... I used 2 lbs & made 4 pieces... so I can eat 1/2 of each log with some cheese & I am getting my 1/4lb of meat... really filling with some sliced low fat American Cheese.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-26-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dessa, Live Free, Meekness
Keep it up! Dukie is terrific & you three new Ducaniestas are really marking your losses.
This is one place where losing is winning!

Lets all make GOOD CHOICES TODAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! It's all about losing, I appreciate a group like this, that is very cool for one, but works at it and makes no excuses!!!! I'm all in and I love it!!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll check out the link a little later!
I begin the alternate days on tomorrow, so this is the last day of attack. I can't believe that I am actually settled after the liquids smaller than when I ended it! If I had done it my regular way (veggies at first with soft meat) I would've gained about 5lbs and settled there for a while before I lost again. I am such a believer! Thank you all for being there for me so far and in the future. I don't log on much b/c of my schedule, but Meek knows where to find me if I need a butt kickin. However I know that its got to be a priority to stay in check daily from now on...attack was easy, but I'm not familiar with this next phase, it's something I've never done before so I'll need all the help that's available to me!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday all, hope everyone is staying the course!!

Dessa - congrats on getting through Attack phase! Hopefully you LOST some and are encouraged to keep going!

Iam - tee hee on the HB egg, I have another one for my mid/late afternoon snack.

Today is a Protein-Veg day and we are having folks over for a cookout. I've got that Ceasar chicken marinating and will make a cucumber/tomato salad for me. Ooooh it will be tempting with all the other stuff but I must hold strong.

Cuz..............I'M NOW DOWN 10 LBS and I DONT WANT TO RUIN THIS!!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #111

Happy Friday, Ladies. Checking in really quick. No work today-but busy at home. I hope the weekend goes by close. I need rest. Eating going well. Tomorrow will be my last day on Attack-then moving on to Cruise. I can't wait. Craving veggies. Gonna start exercising today, in about 15 minutes to be exact, lol.

Off to do research on the next phase. Have a good weekend. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Happy Friday all, hope everyone is staying the course!!

Dessa - congrats on getting through Attack phase! Hopefully you LOST some and are encouraged to keep going!

Iam - tee hee on the HB egg, I have another one for my mid/late afternoon snack.

Today is a Protein-Veg day and we are having folks over for a cookout. I've got that Ceasar chicken marinating and will make a cucumber/tomato salad for me. Ooooh it will be tempting with all the other stuff but I must hold strong.

Cuz..............I'M NOW DOWN 10 LBS and I DONT WANT TO RUIN THIS!!
AWESOME ON THE 10LB loss!!!

I've lost about 4lbs since my initial increase coming off liquids, so I would say I've broken even with about a half pound of overall loss, which is absolutely great!
My first mini-goal is to make it to 180lbs I can't believe that's a mini-goal!...on second thought, yes I can believe it!! This plan rocks!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Dessa Keep it up...easier every day!

Nancy, I hear you on the 10# thing... I would not want to stop what is started.

Been on PP for the last 3 days (Not having my HL 80cal Wheat Bun is killing me) dont have any of my buns in the house or wheat thins. My turkey pepperoni with cheese is taking its place & seems to be doing well. I stepped on the scale this afternoon & actually had a drop from this morning.... not getting too excited about it...still over 170 ... its OK just an adjustment to being out in the 100+ heat for several hours every afternoon... but it is sooooo quiet out there.... worth the water retention to relax my nervous system. It is a sauna that I dont have to pay electric to run... (I always look for the positive side)
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #114

Happy Saturday. Everyone is doing so well. Great motivation. Thank you. Have a great weekend.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

OK so the batteries on my scale keep saying low.... then it gives me a wierd weight... guessing it needs new batteries.... maybe that is the problem.... would not that be nice????
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #116

Yes, it sounds like that is the problem.

Last edited by Meek75; 07-29-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #117

Have a GREAT week, Ladies!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday! I'm still holding at the same, but that is a good thing. I've transitioned to phase 2 as of yesterday I haven't been feeling well so my appetite is poor. I could only eat a few bits of chicken over the weekend.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
obraxton, hope you are feeling better fast! I wish I had no appetite... I have to get back on the schedule- life has been so stresssssss ful I am pv everyday- and at a serious plateau until I get back on track!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Getting back on track here too!!! Going to tweak it a bit, but I've done well so far today.

L: two turkey italian sausages
D: stew meat, cottage cheese w/cherry tomatoes; ff yogurt w/almond extract

For lunch tonight I'm going to take chicken and ff yogurt w/cinnamon and oat bran.

Did my one mile WATP w/weights today. And yesterday I did a two mile walk. Need to strengthen my legs again. My hips have gotten weak in the past few months and I need to start doing the exercising several days a week. Even though exercising is the last thing I want to do after being on my feet all night, I need to start doing it.

Going to take my DD book and review it tonight at work.