Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Remember the "going" problem might arise when you go pure protein...
Also, dont know as Susan suggested if you can do lactose...
Milk kefir grains eat the lactose in milk... & kefir is extremely good for the gut...
Check out the links in my signature & if you want grains FB me & I can give you a good source.
Hugs!
Going to fb you tonight when I get home I have had a going problem latey b/c of the excess protein with the shakes (100g a day at least), so i have to take something. I have Total Body Cleanse at home and it seems to work, but the Milk kefir I never head of before?

I'm just a little bit apprehensive with any grains on a diet plan, I know its a small amount, but you still lose that way? I'll follow the plan as it is written of course, just a little wary a bit about that...
obraxton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm only using the cream now b/c of it just being liquids for the calories. I can't have protein shakes that has sugars or carbs. I went to my doctor today and basically said I have to find what works for me and go for it, but he's in agreement that I need to stay as far away from carbs as possible, I'm way too sensitive.

I want to try the egg muffins, they sound good, so I'll look them up, I've always seen people try them on the boards. I love scrambled eggs with Accent, cooked in my little non stick pan. I purchased skinless chicken breasts, eggs, no filler turkey and lean beef patties, as well as my favorite protein, tilapia yesterday. Along with the Fage 0% yogurt. I love water so I have plenty of that. I'm reading different things about the oat bran and the attack phase, is it in or out?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks so much!
Isnt Accent mono sodium glutamate, MSG? That stuff is bad! Whether you are on a diet or not!

Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate or MSG, is the sodium salt of glutamic acid, it is added to processed foods as a flavor enhancer -- with serious side effects:
http://​www.truthinlabeling.org/​hid...dangers-of-msg

I hope these links come through well...

Quote:
Going to fb you tonight when I get home I have had a going problem latey b/c of the excess protein with the shakes (100g a day at least), so i have to take something. I have Total Body Cleanse at home and it seems to work, but the Milk kefir I never head of before?

I'm just a little bit apprehensive with any grains on a diet plan, I know its a small amount, but you still lose that way? I'll follow the plan as it is written of course, just a little wary a bit about that...
The grains culture the milk, you drink the milk & can have it on Dukan... I like mine in whole milk but it will kefir skim or 2% as well. Will also do coconut, almond & soy...
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hi Ladies, just checking in for the day. I'm counting today as DAY 1 and will be following the Attack phase for the next 6 days... I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Have a good evening .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hi Ladies, just checking in for the day. I'm counting today as DAY 1 and will be following the Attack phase for the next 6 days... I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Have a good evening .

Proud of you, Meakness!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Meek every journey starts with one step! Hooray for Day 1!

Dessa, cut out the Accent and try other spices. That stuff is nasty!

Did all protein today, it was easy.

Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy, great going!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Meek every journey starts with one step! Hooray for Day 1!

Dessa, cut out the Accent and try other spices. That stuff is nasty!

Did all protein today, it was easy.

Nancy
Only on my eggs, I know its msg and terrible, but I do love it on my eggs for some very strange reason...but if it hurts me I'll cut it out. Progress is my mission.

Well I am starting today. I do still need my supplements, and using it with water and it being no sugar/carbs, I should be okay, but if not I think I can handle 3 days of eating that much in protein if I use fish. Not the easiest thing to do but I'll give it a try!

Last edited by obraxton; 07-20-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #68

Quote:

Proud of you, Meakness!
Thank you so much
Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #69

Good morning. Checking in for the day.

Day 1 of ATTACK went well. Down 2 pounds this morning .

Tilapia and eggs on the menu for today.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
iamMeekness....Good deal on day one of attack!!

Today I am checking in at 168.4!!! I'm loving the scale this week finally dropping on down!

Hope you all have GREAT weekends and stay on plan
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post

Today I am checking in at 168.4!!! I'm loving the scale this week finally dropping on down!

Your weight sounds like such a dream to me...I'm 20lbs away from that, but it seems like my body likes being 200lbs...I was that weight for at least 10 years then went up a lot after my son was born and other stress. I felt that I was never going to be any smaller than that. I'm kinda scared to stop the liquids to be honest, but I'm prepared.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your weight sounds like such a dream to me...I'm 20lbs away from that, but it seems like my body likes being 200lbs...I was that weight for at least 10 years then went up a lot after my son was born and other stress. I felt that I was never going to be any smaller than that. I'm kinda scared to stop the liquids to be honest, but I'm prepared.
What liquids
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What liquids
Oh, sorry...before starting the Dukan, I returned to my post-op diet phases, kind of to start the journey back over again, and Phase 1 was full liquids (high protein no sugar/carbs low fat), so basically i was on protein shakes for the past week plus and lost about 11lbs. Phase 2 is similar to what the attack states, so transitioning works for me as it should...I'm glad I have an appropriate tool go off of it with.

Last edited by obraxton; 07-20-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #74

Quote:

Thank you

Congrats on moving the scale once again. You are doing fantastic. Keep at it!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #75

Dessa, don't be scared. Even if you gain a few pounds back, it will come off in due time. No worries.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Dessa we all have ups & downs here but we plug away at it. We are here for you! Take it one step at a time. Surgery for weight loss is no picnic nor are the years following it. You will have to find what works for you... AND YOU WILL!

ONE MEAL ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zanjabil
Stats: 215/195/145
WOE: Ketosis/ mostly carnivorous
Start Date: 8/12/13 (again)
Checking in. Weighed in at 178 today!! Yeah got to go change my stats under my avatar
Zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Dukan has changed the way I think about food. I was 227 on Jan. 1st.....& it's still coming off. I stay as close to plan as I can most days. You will see good results I'm just sure of it. I've been over 200 for at least 3 years...couldn't get below it. This plan is different. I'm going back now to read about these liquids got in a hurry to reply!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Obraxton.... I haven't done any protein shakes. You may not see as big a drop in attack phase since you've already been on protein but TRUST the plan....you will see week after week weight coming off. Slowly but surely!

My weekly weight loss is on my journal if you haven't seen it.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #80

Happy Saturday, Ladies. It's raining here in the DC area and I plan to stay indoors cleaning and washing clothes. I went to Walmart this morning around 7am to stock up on protein, etc. I purchased about 30 pieces of individually wrapped 4oz packs of tilapia (90 cals, 20g of protein). I can eat that stuff forever!!

Anyways, I am down 2.6 pounds since yesterday. OMG! I am so happy . I never thought I'd get out of the 220's, but I have official broke my stall. It's been a long time coming and I am grateful for this plan. I owe it to my friend, Dessa, for pointing me in this direction, and you ladies, for starting this thread. This is officially my home :notworthy:. I truly believe this plan will help me get back to where I was 4-years ago .

Day 3 of ATTACK and down 4.6 in 2 full days on plan.

B: Eggs, hot tea w/splenda
L: 3 tilapia
D: 3 tilapia
S: Boiled egg, if needed

I plan to walk in place for 20 minutes today, after I complete my cleaning.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #81

Quote:
Hey everyone! Glad to see so many new ones joining up for the next half of this year!!!

I started dukan on January 1st of this year and I'm down 58.2 lbs now. It's amazing how the weight comes off. You'll soon discover it will change the way you think about food. I guess it's all the healthy eating!

New low today 168.8. That's about .5 lbs a day two days in a row. But what counts most is overall consistent loss. I have 14.8 to go for my calculated true weight according to the dukan website. That's crazy to even be able to say....just a few months go I was saying 50 more or 30 more.

Make the plan work fo you. Keep us posted on your progress!!!!
WOW, AJ! Congratulations on the 58 pounds loss thus far! Your progress gives me sooooo much hope! THANK YOU!! .

I know it's only been a few days for me, but I am in love with this plan. Its easy, simple, and I dont feel deprived at all. I love protein...can eat it by itself forever, but I tend to miss veggies at times. So alternating between the two AND being able to eat yogurt is like heaven!

I see myself celebrating goal early next year! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
You need the oat bran in all phases. I think it's 1.5 Tb in Attack, 2 in cruise and 2.5 in consolidation. There are so many good recipes using it that it's not hard to work into each day. The dukan muffins mix you can buy from his site are good but expensive.

Sounds like you're eating all the right things for attack. Just don't let yourself get bored and be sure to do the calculations about how long you should be on Attack. Staying on it too long can backfire and make it harder for you to lose the first few weeks on cruise.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

I was at WallyWorld today & saw Stevia In The Raw... by the same company as Sugar in the Raw. I have not been a fan of Stevia because it is so terribly sweet but have found it nice to use when I make my frozen Kefir desserts. So I bought a big bag of it for under $7. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home...it has the texture of Truvia & is much milder in taste. I can do this! It does have maltodextrin as the 1st ingredient but for the amount I use I can handle that as well as it is not a significancant source of carbs. For me it was a nice find...replaces my Truvia container

Going to mix up the turkey pepperoni tonight...takes about 3 days with refrigeration etc. Will advise in a few days!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-21-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #84

Thanks Stilldews. I don't like oat bran, so I may use flax meal. So far, I don't have any BM issues.

What phase of Dukan is everyone on currently? Also, what did you all eat during Attack?

@Faithful: My market sells the Stevia Raw too. I may try it as I heard it is a lot better than Splenda. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

I have been on phase 4 for a year ... I do a lot of protein & limited amounts of carbs...dont count them... just dont care for them much any more. Bread may be my biggest downfall if it is around & I just have to remember to eat clean. Have been pretty stable... I do have to let you know I lost about 20lbs ~ 10 were in the last 10 days before I modified the eating plan for my body. I was losing a pound a day & for me @ my age it was not healthy. I have been happy to just maintain.... If the scale starts to climb a little I do a day of PP & it is usually fixed.

On attack I did a lot of plain Greek yogurt, lots of eggs, salmon, tuna, tilapia, chicken & ground turkey. You might want to look into a MEATZA you use ground meat as your crust & build on the top with sauce, cheese peppers etc. What ever the day allows you.

Stevia Raw IMO is better for you if not just better tasting. Did not like the other forms of Stevia but this one is doable for me especially for my cold things....
Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies....I went a little nuts yesterday. Decided Mexican place for dinner was a great idea. Enjoyed every bite and told hub that 'd face the scale tomorrow.

So I' up. 171.2 this morning from the low of 168.4 last Thursday. But hey it's ok....I know that by getting back on plan today and working to stay on plan next weekend I should see big results.

Y'all have a great week. I may be missing a lot because I'm helping with bible school every night.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Paranoid.... Mexican!

I didnt eat ANY salt yesterday & ate clean in fact probably didnt eat enough only once plus some of my lemon/lime frozen "thingy".... so swollen in my hands & legs this morning... I sat outside for 6 hours yesterday, resting, sleeping, reading & working on getting my nervous system back together. It was 90+ with a cool wind from the north...guess all that heat was not too good for me. NO BIGGIE... I can get it down.. just uncomforatble.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies! Just checking in. It's been busy around here in my house. My sister, brother-in-law, and their little girl are visiting with us for a week. Saturday marked the beginning of Ramadhan for us Muslims. We fast with out food or drink from dawn until dusk. But despite this I've still been staying on plan, with a few "cheats" here and there. It's just been a few bites of fruits and dates, which is what is commonly used to break your fast. Any way despite all that I weighed in at 175 today! I do realize that fasting will make me lose faster, but I also know that some of that loss is water weight and I'll probably gain a few pounds once Ramadhan is over, but it's ok. It's a religious commitment I've Bren doing most of my life so I'm used to the fluctuations on the scale. Hope everyone else is doing good with their plans.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I love Stevia in the Raw! I keep it in my purse and use it exclusively when home. So when I'm out I will occasionally indulge in a ASweetened beverage. That way I'm not putting to much chemicals in me. I was pleased when I tasted it ( raw Stevia) because most brands I find to be bitter and off tasting. I used yo order a brand online called Nustevia but I needed something I could purchase at my local grocery store.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #90

Hello Ladies, just checking in for the day. All is well. I had a minor slip-up (boredom) on yesterday, but it's all good. Back on track today

@Faithful: Thanks for your feedback. I have one day left on ATTACK and I plan to make the best of it. I thought about going for 10 days, but...

@Para: Mexican foods sounds so good. The slight gain maybe water weight, so no worries. Have a wonderful week teaching Bible school.

@Zani: Good job staying on plan with everything going on in your world

to all those who follow. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Meek75; 07-23-2012 at 10:01 AM..