Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: picky1985
Stats: 245/241/140
WOE: Reduced carbs/Increased protein
Start Date: June 2012
Dukan Advice??

Hi all,
I'm looking for a little advice or maybe just somebodys experiance of the Dukan diet? For the next 2 weeks I will be reading the book while loosely dropping my carbs but on July 1st (new month new start etc) I plan on starting the Dukan Diet so any advice or experiances would be great! Also wondered is it ok to do the first stage for longer than 2-7 days?

Thanks guys
picky1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I just started following Dukan on 06/04/2012 and I stayed in Attack phase for the full 10 days which just ended this past Wednesday and I lost 11.4lbs. I started at 240 and now weigh 228.6.

It's a little tough to follow and I am right at this moment officially sick of chicken breast but I do Intermittent Fasting also which is a total no-no according to the book. I only eat between 6-110pm but drink whatever I want during the day which is usually black coffee, tea and water and maybe a diet drink. I did eat the oat bran first thing in the morning though and technically that could break the fast but it caused me no cravings and I had read that eating in the morning was more beneficial. I've done the IF for a couple years now and I've become accustomed to it.

One bad thing I have noticed is my skin is really dry which I think is from the lack of fat in my diet so I'm considering adding in a bit of coconut oil.

Good Luck!

Last edited by PaminKY; 06-15-2012 at 08:13 AM..
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

it does sound a little confusing in the book i must admit i'm readin it to get some ideas but part of me is wanting to keep to what I did last time which is no one plan in particular just cuttin carbs and having green veg etc with my lean meats. I lost 16lbs the first week but due to a massive upheaval in my life i stopped and gainned it all back...it worked well for me from experiance, but looking at this book i'm really not sure I would stick to Dukan for long seems a lot of bouncing back and forth...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vitadluva
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: June 11th, 2012
The diet is pretty straight forward and easy

Phase I: Attack (2-10 days)
Pure Proteins (lean meats, low fat dairy, and eggs)
2 qrts water
2 tbs of Oat Bran
20 mins of walking

Phase II: Cruise
Now you begin to add vegetables gradually and alternate between Phase I & Phase II
So basically you do 1 day Phase I (Pure Protein) and 1 day Phase II (protein + Vegetables), Phase I then Phase II and so on till you reach your "true weight".

Phase III: Consolidation
Is the most important phase, because in this phase your body fights back, and thus you must follow it, for a period of 5 days for every pound you lost, so if you lost 20 pounds you must do Phase III for 100 days.
And now you can add fruits to the menu as well as have 2 "Celebration Meals" per week, but you must do 1 full day of Phase I each week also.

Phase IV: Stabilization
Is the final phase that you will stay on for the rest of your life, and basically you can eat anything you want for 6 days a week, but do 1 day of phase I (Pure Protein) a week.

And in all Phases continue to drink lots of water, walk, and eat your oat bran.
vitadluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitadluva View Post
The diet is pretty straight forward and easy

Phase I: Attack (2-10 days)
Pure Proteins (lean meats, low fat dairy, and eggs)
2 qrts water
2 tbs of Oat Bran
20 mins of walking

Phase II: Cruise
Now you begin to add vegetables gradually and alternate between Phase I & Phase II
So basically you do 1 day Phase I (Pure Protein) and 1 day Phase II (protein + Vegetables), Phase I then Phase II and so on till you reach your "true weight".

Phase III: Consolidation
Is the most important phase, because in this phase your body fights back, and thus you must follow it, for a period of 5 days for every pound you lost, so if you lost 20 pounds you must do Phase III for 100 days.
And now you can add fruits to the menu as well as have 2 "Celebration Meals" per week, but you must do 1 full day of Phase I each week also.

Phase IV: Stabilization
Is the final phase that you will stay on for the rest of your life, and basically you can eat anything you want for 6 days a week, but do 1 day of phase I (Pure Protein) a week.

And in all Phases continue to drink lots of water, walk, and eat your oat bran.
I will defo give it a good go... did you ever have cheese in phase 1? Also how do you eat the oat bran? it sounds horrible if i'm honest lol
Thanks for your advice I will definately try it
Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mishka68
Stats: 195/139/135 -- 5'1" tall (or short)
WOE: Low-carb, Gluten-free, Grain-free
Start Date: Since 2008 - started @ 195lbs.
I cannot find where there is a limit on fat grams for each day (in the book, I have the kindle edition) -- is there a place where Dr. Dukan tells a ceiling of fat grams for the day?
Mishka68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka68 View Post
I cannot find where there is a limit on fat grams for each day (in the book, I have the kindle edition) -- is there a place where Dr. Dukan tells a ceiling of fat grams for the day?
I've never seen an actual number, just the stressing to keep everything as non-fat of low-fat as possible. The use the term "virtually fat-free" a lot.

I don't think I will follow this plan exactly as is. I think you need some fat in your diet but probably not as much as I was consuming before. I wil start cutiing back some on the fat though.

I bought a lot of the books that are available about the Dukan Diet but my favorite by far is The Dukan Diet Life Plan mainly because it's a little more American and always includes the US unit of measure in the recipes.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mishka68
Stats: 195/139/135 -- 5'1" tall (or short)
WOE: Low-carb, Gluten-free, Grain-free
Start Date: Since 2008 - started @ 195lbs.
Thanks!! Very helpful. I think cutting back calories and fat some will probably help me with my weight loss -- but I cannot eat so much of the fat-free (higher carb) frankenfoods that Dr. Dukan recommends. I am 13 pounds from goal of 132.
Mishka68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
picky1985 thanks for asking this question. I am so not a poster more of a quiet observer but I was curious about The Dukan diet as well. I've been doing Stillman's (seems similar to Dukan) with success but have always had pretty bad cholesterol and the oat bran would be definite plus for my success in lowering it. My question is, is the oat bran to be mixed with skim milk or water? I have trouble with dairy stalling me so I am hoping I could use water and sugar free Torani sweetener to mix it each morning.
zulloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
picky1985 thanks for asking this question. I am so not a poster more of a quiet observer but I was curious about The Dukan diet as well. I've been doing Stillman's (seems similar to Dukan) with success but have always had pretty bad cholesterol and the oat bran would be definite plus for my success in lowering it. My question is, is the oat bran to be mixed with skim milk or water? I have trouble with dairy stalling me so I am hoping I could use water and sugar free Torani sweetener to mix it each morning.
I measure out the oat bran in a small glss bowl, sprinkle some apple pie spice on top, heat up water in microwave and pour over the oat bran while stirring (sometimes it will clump up if you just pour it in and not stir it up right away). I then let it set while I start getting ready for work and it will thicken up. I'll then pour a bit of almond milk in and add some sweetener and stick back in microwave for about 20-25 seconds then eat it. I will also drink a pretty good size glass of water right after.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Thanks PaminKY, I never thought of the pumpkin pie spice and almond milk. Yum! I will definitely try it. Have to buy some oat bran first though. I thought about using coconut milk but had never used it before and was unsure of the taste.
zulloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy_A
Stats: 400/400/250
WOE: Trying Dukan
Start Date: July 2, 2012
I all.. I am starting this diet in the morning. Mi have done a lot of research on it. As o the question of how to eat the oat bran.. I found several recipes that tell you how to make a pancake... You can also add fat free milk and a little non sugar sweetener ..heat it in the microwave to make a warm cereal for breakfast.
Tracy_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zanjabil
Stats: 215/195/145
WOE: Ketosis/ mostly carnivorous
Start Date: 8/12/13 (again)
I just wanted add even though it stresses fat free dairy and lean meats, you do get some fat. You can get a little fat through chicken( you can eat any part just remove skin) and through fatty fish( salmon, herring, sardines..etc). Also you get a little ( 1tsp) if yo make the salad dressing and spray oil in the pan ( I use olive oil spray). As long as you aren't just eating chicken breasts you will get some fat. No meat is 100% fat free. The meats you can eat is a long list.
Zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote