Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Dukan dieters losing it in June! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/773133-dukan-dieters-losing-june.html)

healthy for life 05-31-2012 05:05 AM

Dukan dieters losing it in June!

Hi guys!

I thought I'd start a new thread for us dukan devottee's for June! I am loving this plan, just started "attack" two days ago and I am down 5 pounds:jumpjoy:! Weighed in at 146 today ( I am 5'5") So excited, I am trying to get to 130 pounds by July 8th.(vacation) 16 pounds to go in 5 weeks, do you think that is possible??

iamfaithful 05-31-2012 08:46 AM

Adding the links!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...ukan-diet.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-plan-fyi.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-day-time.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...gs-happen.html

Amber worked so hard on this last month so I thought I would just copy her hard work for everyone!

:welcome:Come be part of the Honey Badger Squadron!!!:welcome:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...d-quarter.html

:clap: For June!! :clap:

iamfaithful 05-31-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthy for life (Post 15691351)
Hi guys!

I thought I'd start a new thread for us dukan devottee's for June! I am loving this plan, just started "attack" two days ago and I am down 5 pounds:jumpjoy:! Weighed in at 146 today ( I am 5'5") So excited, I am trying to get to 130 pounds by July 8th.(vacation) 16 pounds to go in 5 weeks, do you think that is possible??

SURE!!!

PaminKY 05-31-2012 09:24 AM

I just ordered the books and am considering ordering the Oat Bran Guide too. I'm happy to see this thread.

healthy for life 05-31-2012 09:54 AM

We can do it everyone! Thanks for reposting those links iamfaithful! They are great and so helpful to a newbie like me starting out on dukan.

iamfaithful 05-31-2012 11:34 AM

:welcome: Pam! :welcome: Where in KY are you.... maybe we are close?

Healthy, NP ~ I couldnt start or do anything from my phone, but now my house is wired for everything thanks to my IT guy moving in with me (IT guy = son & his family)

PaminKY 05-31-2012 11:44 AM

I live in Winchester but work in Lex.

I have a couple questions about Attack stage.

1. Is glucomannan and Miracle noodles okay?

2. Is horseradish okay, if not for Attack is it okay for Cruise?

3. Is Fat-Free mayo okay for Attack?

4. Does anybody use oat fiber instead of oat bran?

I'm now glad I didn't get rid of all my low-fat cookbooks. :)

iamfaithful 05-31-2012 12:21 PM

Awe! I am just south of Evansville, IN.... quite a way! :(

I dont know what both of those are but supplements are OK on Attack... I would not do the noodles because it is PURE protein days. Read the list of allowed foods, they include yogurt 0%, fat free milk, & eggs NOT just meat.... but you can have fish, shell fish, tuna, etc. I personally did loads of eggs, yogurt 0% Greek (Fayge) Milk kefir and 2% cheese on the attack! Did not loose until week 3 but kept at it. By the end of week six I had gone from 198 to 171 & started losing 1lb a day so I had to modify the program to stop the loss...I was not feeling healthy.

You will find what works for your body over a period of time but wait til you are well established into the program to make changes.

I never get into ketosis like most of the Atkins people do because of the dairy.

On attack you are allowed CONDIMATES, and that is just a touch for flavor not part of the meal...no sweets! So I think horseraddish would be OK as a condimate. If FF Mayo does NOT have carbs and is a condimate in a small amount just for flavor you could do that on attack BUT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE you will only be doing attack for a max of 5 days so I would skip it.

I dont know about the oat fiber but other brand is ok.... Oat is the best as it collects loads of yucky stuff in the gut. Susan can probably help with that.

After the attack phase some of us introduced some healthy fats, VCO avocado olive oil etc, in small amounts. Wait til you have been on program for a while to see how you do then you can experiment a tad to see what is right for your body.

Slow, little steps til you get your confidence on.

spydermonkey511 05-31-2012 01:45 PM

I started this diet last year and did so well and then life happend and now I'm at the heaviest I've been all my life. I want to start again. Thinking of starting tomorrow ,but our anniversary is Sunday and I know we are going to dinner. I think I can get by that ok, but really just need a little spark lol.

wow a year ago I was 157 now I'm 178 eek.

iamfaithful 05-31-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 (Post 15692693)
I started this diet last year and did so well and then life happend and now I'm at the heaviest I've been all my life. I want to start again. Thinking of starting tomorrow ,but our anniversary is Sunday and I know we are going to dinner. I think I can get by that ok, but really just need a little spark lol.

wow a year ago I was 157 now I'm 178 eek.

:welcome: DONT WAIT TIL MONDAY! :welcome:

START TODAY !!!! & JUST EAT SENSIBLY WITH CONTROL IN MIND ON SUNDAY!!!

YOU CAN ALWAYS EAT STEAK, SEASONAL VEGIES & SALAD WITH LEMON JUICE FOR DRESSING! or SHRIMP & STEAMED SEAFOOD WITH A SIDE OF GREEN VEGIES & SALAD.

If you wait you will be that much farther behind & by Sunday you will have 2 days of attack under your belt! If you have only 20 # to loose 2 days will be enough to get you started. Then Sunday you can do PV ALL DAY! Then 2 days of PP and what ever rotation you choose!

:jumpjoy: see you can do this! :jumpjoy:

spydermonkey511 05-31-2012 02:56 PM

Thank you! I really appreciate your possitive attitude :shake: thanks! I'm going to the store tonight and getting some things. You are right!

healthy for life 05-31-2012 04:06 PM

what has really saved me is the fat free fruit flavoured yogurt (sweetened with splenda) and I sprinkle the oat bran on top. It seems so decadent after being on atkins and not being allowed that. Trust me, it has not stalled any loss!
As for condiments, I am sticking to hot sauce, mustard, balsamic vinagrette. just the basics for attack phase, will experiment with others once I get to cruise.
can't wait to get on the scale in the morning and see what day 3 brings!!
hugs to everyone, WE CAN DO IT!!! :) :)

jlshields 05-31-2012 06:46 PM

Hi everyone, Hope we are all doing well. I am sticking to it. PaminKY. I just looked at the Dukan website store. They sell the Miracle/Shiritaki noodles and it says they are suitable for all phases of the diet. Hope that helps.
I use the oat bran, not sure what oat fiber is, but I love the gallette with oat flour.
I think condiments in small amounts should be ok (except those with sugar like ketchup). I use some franks hot sauce with a little splenda mixed in to dip my imitation crab sticks in. Makes a good lunch during attack.

Paranoidsoutherner 05-31-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthy for life (Post 15693015)
what has really saved me is the fat free fruit flavoured yogurt (sweetened with splenda) and I sprinkle the oat bran on top. It seems so decadent after being on atkins and not being allowed that. Trust me, it has not stalled any loss!
As for condiments, I am sticking to hot sauce, mustard, balsamic vinagrette. just the basics for attack phase, will experiment with others once I get to cruise.
can't wait to get on the scale in the morning and see what day 3 brings!!
hugs to everyone, WE CAN DO IT!!! :) :)

You should be able to lose the lbs by vacation. This diet is amazing! I'm with you Atkins not allowing me to have milk & yogurt was always what caused me to break the diet. I love Dukan!
I am hooked on the oat bran!
Down 50 lbs in 5 months & I can't wait to see what the next five months will bring!

stilldews 05-31-2012 11:46 PM

Good to see some new ones starting. Dukan seems to work for even the most stubborn losers. It's the only thing I've ever seemed to be able to maintain on too. I avoided the fruit flavored yogurt during my weight loss phase because they seemed to slow me down. I used the sugarfree Crystal light mix or one of the other mixes to sweeten the yogurt. Mixing up some sugarfree jello, letting it gel, then whipping it 50/50 into the yogurt also is very tasty. Lately I have been making and ice cream like mix of the flavored Greek yogurt and frozen fruit since I'm on consolidation. On cruise, you can do the same thing and just leave out the fruit. Here are a couple combinations I love.

Blueberry/Lemonaid Frozen Greek Yogurt

1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 pkg Wyler's sugar free lemonais drink mix
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 pkg stevia

Mix all together in a square sandwich sized container and put in the freezer about 20 minutes or until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Don't let it freeze solid.

White Cranberry/Peach Raspberry Frozen Greek Yogurt

1 cup Greek yogurt
1 pkg. White Cranberry Peach drink mix by Ocean Spray
1/2 cup Frozen raspberries
1 Pkg Stevia

Mix and chill in freezer as above.

I also bought some unsweetened Koolaid and am going to try that with stevia to flavor the Greek yogurt in order to avoid the aspartame in some of the drink mixes.

healthyforlife, have you done the calculations to see what Dr D says is your true weight and how long to stay on each phase? He says my TW is 155 at 5'4". I have decided to go 10 pounds below that, but the TW he gives is healthy and what he thinks you can maintain without too much struggle. I have weighed as much as 255 and am 62, so that figured into why my TW is 155. Most people seem to lose about 10 pounds a month, but some do lose faster, so 15 pounds in 5 week is doable.

Paranoidsoutherner 06-01-2012 02:52 AM

Good morning!

June 1st and I weighed in at 175.0.

I went back to the first of May & compared that's 7.8 lost in the month. That's pretty darn close to a 2 lb weekly average and it's 5 months in I AM AMAZED at this diet.

Good luck everyone ~~~~~ can't wait to see what June brings (or takes away) from us all!

iamfaithful 06-01-2012 04:21 AM

Susan, glad to see you back! We miss you!

Healthy for Life & Spydermonkey I remember you from last year! :welcome: BACK!!! Happy to see you here again! This time we want to help you keep it off! So no matter how fast or how slow your loss we are here for you. Keep coming! It will roll off and you will be happy this time in 2013!

:clap: LET'S DO THIS! :clap:

I would like to drop another 10# but evidently the body is happy here... some time this summer it may decide to move and I will be pleased when it does... but the rest of you! LET'S GET YA'LL TRIM & ATTRACTIVE! :jumpjoy:

healthy for life 06-01-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilldews (Post 15693722)
Good to see some new ones starting. Dukan seems to work for even the most stubborn losers. It's the only thing I've ever seemed to be able to maintain on too. I avoided the fruit flavored yogurt during my weight loss phase because they seemed to slow me down. I used the sugarfree Crystal light mix or one of the other mixes to sweeten the yogurt. Mixing up some sugarfree jello, letting it gel, then whipping it 50/50 into the yogurt also is very tasty. Lately I have been making and ice cream like mix of the flavored Greek yogurt and frozen fruit since I'm on consolidation. On cruise, you can do the same thing and just leave out the fruit. Here are a couple combinations I love.

Blueberry/Lemonaid Frozen Greek Yogurt

1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 pkg Wyler's sugar free lemonais drink mix
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 pkg stevia

Mix all together in a square sandwich sized container and put in the freezer about 20 minutes or until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Don't let it freeze solid.

White Cranberry/Peach Raspberry Frozen Greek Yogurt

1 cup Greek yogurt
1 pkg. White Cranberry Peach drink mix by Ocean Spray
1/2 cup Frozen raspberries
1 Pkg Stevia

Mix and chill in freezer as above.

I also bought some unsweetened Koolaid and am going to try that with stevia to flavor the Greek yogurt in order to avoid the aspartame in some of the drink mixes.

healthyforlife, have you done the calculations to see what Dr D says is your true weight and how long to stay on each phase? He says my TW is 155 at 5'4". I have decided to go 10 pounds below that, but the TW he gives is healthy and what he thinks you can maintain without too much struggle. I have weighed as much as 255 and am 62, so that figured into why my TW is 155. Most people seem to lose about 10 pounds a month, but some do lose faster, so 15 pounds in 5 week is doable.

Wow! Thanks for those amazing recipes, can't wait to try those when I get to that phase. Yes, I did do the "true weight" calculation and he said my TW was 130 pounds. I am quite small boned and before I had kids I was 125 lbs ( I have a 2.5 year old and 10 month old)

Last night I had some miracle noodles with about a 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and I think it stalled me as I had no loss this morning. (but no gain either) I am going to try to just eat the FF greek yogurt today (not flavoured) and pure proteins and hope for another woosh tomorrow

Good luck today everyone sticking to plan- WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :) :) :clap:

spydermonkey511 06-01-2012 06:16 AM

Morning ladies! Congrats on the weight loss!

starting day one. I'm excited to get back on track.

The yogurt does sounds great!!!!

jlshields 06-01-2012 08:08 AM

Good morning all,

It is encouraging to hear of everyone's success. I hope I can get past this current weight. Seems my body likes it where I am (like Iamfaithful) because I have been struggling for a couple of years with about 5-8 lbs. I have not seen much progress yet. Stilldeews recipes sound good. I really like something a little sweet after dinner. That would hit the spot.

PaminKY 06-01-2012 10:44 AM

I'm rading everything I can about Dukan and have ordered every book I can including the E-books which I'm reading now whenever I can snatch a few minutes at work. I'm obsessive about that to a fault, LOL.

I'm planning on starting Monday so that will give me time to get to the grocery and plan out meals and also make ahead some things for my husband. One appliance I don't have and always wanted is an electric egg cooker so if I have time I'm going to go get one of those too this weekend.

I'm currently reading "The Oat Bran Guide". I asked the question about using oat fiber in place of the oat bran because I already have oat fiber but after checking my cabinets last night I found a package of Bob's Red Mill oat bran cereal with is 100% oats so I'll use it. Oat fiber has less carbs and calories and more fiber than the bran but it is a lot finer so I might use some of it any any oat bran baked goods to add stability. I could also use glucomannan for stabilty and probably will but I don't think it has the health benefits that the oat bran has.

spydermonkey511 06-01-2012 11:14 AM

Good luck starting Monday! I jsut ordered the cookbook and another book with recipes for it. Super excited to start cooking.

what is yalls favorite PP or PV meal that your family eats also?

I'm nibbling on chicken. ;o)

Blondey63 06-01-2012 01:15 PM

Welcome all new people! It is great to see the excitement...I can feel it. Stick to the new way of eating and it will work...read it, do it, live it.... it works.

Scale went back down today to 180.5 and I am really happy about that..... 19 lbs lost in 46 days. SOOOOOOOOO close to the 170's.....will you guys send me a little push to help me over this hump?

iamfaithful 06-01-2012 02:20 PM

I am sending a strong wind behind you! Hugs! :hugs:

Paranoidsoutherner 06-01-2012 08:33 PM

Blondey---- you got this!!! 170's here you come!

stilldews 06-01-2012 09:54 PM

Be sure to check out all the recipes of dukanitout too. She uses a few tolerated or not recommended items sometimes, but just omit those recipes if you want to really follow the plan to a T. I have her cookbook and the Dukan cook book both, but haven't really tried a whole lot of the recipes. I cook a lot of meat and soup in the crockpot, but otherwise eat pretty simple and fast. Steak, salad and steamed vegetables is my favorite PV dinner. For PP, I would just have the steak and maybe some cottage cheese or yogurt with jello to top it off. Funny how adding just a little jello can make plain meat seem like a meal.

Blondey63 06-01-2012 11:06 PM

thanks Faithful, Paranoid!

spydermonkey511 06-02-2012 04:14 AM

well made it through day 1, wish my scale was at home. I feel lighter ,but I guess we will see.

I've tried several of tte dukanitout recipes (last time I did this) and the sticky chicken is YUMMY!

iamfaithful 06-02-2012 06:19 AM

OK someone please post (if legal to do it) a link to the dukanitout recipies please...

I dont use recipies much but enjoy reading cookbooks.... I know strange.....:eek:

Blondey63 06-02-2012 08:01 AM

ok.....down .5 today...waiting for the bathroom gods to smile on me again..and maybe will get to the 170's tomorrow..lol...but am 180 today...have not seen that number in a while.... Will have to stay strong today and make sure I eat really to the T so I can jump up and down when I see the 170's! Keep sending those downward pushes this way and I will send them back to you also! Keep up the good work ladies.