Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Diets didnt ever work for me! Carbs in the form of bread & pasta I have known for years is like a poison for my body but I never connected it to my brain til i found Dukie! That is what I like about Dukan... it is low fat, high protein, no fruit for quite a while, and lots of good vegies you can actually season. The oat brand is really needed & there are so many ways to incorporate it into your eating plan. This program made sense to me because it is not a "fad thing".

Never let yourself get hungry... eat protein if you need to munch! Keep cooked turkey & chicken in the fridge & keep tuna/salmon pouches in the house... lots of eggs! Bacon is OK but limit the fat.... I use real bacon bits if I want to flavor something or add it to my scrambled eggs. You should never allow yourself to get hungry... dont count calories but DEFINITELY DO THE ATTACK STAGE for you it will be maybe 3-5 days of pure protein. Lots of good info on the web to let you know what to eat & not to eat. It shocks your body into a fat burning mode. Good eating!!!

Most of us have a problem with "going" when we start. So.... lots of Magnesium kept on hand or some of the liquid citrate, or a good stool softener or laxative will be good to keep on hand. Once your body gets accustomed to the new lifestyle regualrity will not be a problem... Just wanted to let you know ahead of time... just in case... Be sure to get your water...

Paranoid recently started & Stilldews started last August, I think... and several others like Amazing & Amber have been around a while. Everyone is willing to help you meet your goals. Coming here daily and posting really helps... Hugs!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-26-2012 at 04:50 PM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Okay, I am in the attack phase, and no veggies for me yet, and am trying to get the protein in. Are nuts okay in attack phase? Is the oat bran just for "going" reasons or do you need for other reasons? I bought it but have not used it yet, not sure what to do with it. Protein shakes, they ok too? I never lose weight on any diet, and I exercise hard, so nervous this one will be the same... but giving it a go. I drink about 160 oz of water a day too, so no worries there.
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Thanks faithful! I'm already seeing some lbs drop so I'm not worried - like you've been saying its a lifestyle! I can really tell mine has changed.

Welcome Catjrow! I have seen results with low carb diets before but this year with Dukan I've been amazed because the weight was still dropping after 5 months on plan....

Oat bran helps fill you up too. I usually mix mine in Greek yogurt with Splenda & cinnimon for breakfast. I also put it on eggs. & if nothing to mix it with I make the little chocolate cookie (2 tbls oat bran, 2lbs fat free milk, Splenda, coco - stir it up pour on plate microwave about 45 seconds --- one chocolate cookie --- it different but not like a HUGE treat!!

I found that after about a month I had to plan my meals to be sure I was eating more than 1200 calories because I was never hungry. I mostly track my weight daily seeing changes and trying to determine what I might have done that changed it up or down. Like a big dill pickle has way to much salt I gained 3lbs in one day.

Good luck! I hope you find Dukan to be as great as we all find it!!

In 2012 I lost 60. In 2013 I found the majority of it again...now in 2014 I will fix it!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

I had no luck with Atkins past the first couple of days, so I wonder why this one is different really? the lower fat? I will see what I can do with the oat bran!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

I think I messed up the attack phase with the nuts... and should start over... what do you think? LF or NF cream cheese, these are okay in attack right? Yoplait light fat free yogurt, they are okay too??
Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
I started this diet last year and did so well and then life happend and now I'm at the heaviest I've been all my life. I want to start again. Thinking of starting tomorrow ,but our anniversary is Sunday and I know we are going to dinner. I think I can get by that ok, but really just need a little spark lol.

wow a year ago I was 157 now I'm 178 eek.
Spydermonkey, same for me. I did it last year, lost 29 lbs, then it stalled.. maintaining, but I have to start over. Lets jump on that wagon together!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
I think I messed up the attack phase with the nuts... and should start over... what do you think? LF or NF cream cheese, these are okay in attack right? Yoplait light fat free yogurt, they are okay too??
I did a lot of nuts too. I think that is what stalled my progress... just watch the carbs in fat free Yoplait.... you might be better getting plain greek and adding mio for flavor!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Cream cheese is OK...
Yogurt really needs to be plain & you can flavor with things like Crystal Lite or SF Jello. Most falvored yogurt have lots of carbs in them due to the fruit and additives.

NUTS are nuts and NOT ALLOWED SO DONT GO THERE!

I just pledged to do my bouncing between 161~164 by the end of the 3rd quarter challenge. Those of you not on that challenge jump over & join us but keep posting here because only a few of us are doing Dukan on that challenge. Here is the link...

Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers Getting Tough/3rd quarter

We post our weight every Monday morning, it is a good way to keep track over a long time. & the world can see what we are doing. Here is the link if you come join the Honey Badgers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0VaOGM2am1UZHc

One of us will start a July thread but it wont be til closer to the end of the month. I think Jumping into July will be a good title unless someone else has a better one. I will put the links up to the Dukan sites....
I can do that now that I have computer & internet access at home
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
After doing more research I've decided that Dukan isn't the best plan for me so I'm bowing out but wanted to thank everyone for their advice and to wish you all good luck.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
After doing more research I've decided that Dukan isn't the best plan for me so I'm bowing out but wanted to thank everyone for their advice and to wish you all good luck.
No problem.... what is right for one may not be right for all.... but please continue to join us on the Honey Badger Challenge... there are people from ALL eating programs there. We will miss seeing you here...drop in sometime & let us know how you are doing....

Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers Getting Tough/3rd quarter
Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

New July thread

Jumpin' July, Batman! Dukan Thread makes it to another July!

I know it is not quite July yet, but here is the new thread when ya'll are ready to jump over.