Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
It excites me to see y'all keeping the weight off! I am encouraged by y'all!

This way of eating really does change the way you feel about food.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys!

I have been MIA this week...totally fell of the wagon. So frustrated with myself. This time last week I was 145.5 and today I weighed in at 149.5. Right back to where i started, arghhh! It is shocking how quickly the weight comes back when you go off plan. I now have only 1 month to my big event and I need to get down to 135, ready to do whatever it takes. I am wondering if I should stick to strict Stillman's QWL for maximum results? Anyone done that plan strictly vs. strict Dukan?

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well with their losses!
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
The only time I did Stillman's, I was about 19, so can't really compare it to Dukan. I know it's a little harder to stick with, but probably would make you lose faster. If I remember right it's all lean protein and just enough very low carb vegetable to make it liveable. I know I mostly ate hamburger patties, chicken breast and hard boiled eggs along with a little lettuce when I did it all those years ago. Got me down to 118, but the pounds sure piled back on fast afterwards. Afraid that's true of any diet you don't really make a way of life. If you are thinking only of the big event, you might want to go that way or even try 4 of the very low carb shakes a day. You can do about anything for 1 month, but in the long run, you have to find something you can live with day after day after day. Guess that's why I'm so excited to have found Dukan. It seems like more people are able to reach their goal and keep it off than with any other plan I've seen.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
What Susan said!

My concern is also you want to loose forr a special eevent-IMO you should want to loose for life & for better heallth. Goal should be to be healthier as well as trim and attractive for life with a special event beeing a part of that goal.

Go for it girl but pllease make a life change so you don't yo-yo til you reach my age when most of your life has been lived overweight. Just something to think about.

We are here for you! Anytime!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!! Such a busy week I've barely made it out here to read.

as of this morning 173.0 another low...

Today is all protein which usually mean I'll be lower tomorrow - we shall see.

Only 9 days till we leave for our vacation cruise. My daughter moved to an apartment on college campus this week, my son had a football camp this week, a baseball tournament this coming weekend & he leaves for church camp on Monday, I have several irons in the fire at work that need completed before next Friday, all of us need last minute things for trip & I'm sooooo tired! BUT I don't seem to have any problems keeping close to plan on Dukan! Just moving right along & watching the scale drop is just AMAZING!

Thank you to those that keep us encouraged here!
GOOD LUCK to those fighting to lose!

In 2012 I lost 60. In 2013 I found the majority of it again...now in 2014 I will fix it!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I started on Monday and weight 240, weighed myself this morning and I'm at 232.6, down 7.4 lbs. in 4 days, YAY!

I have been peeing like a racehorse though, LOL

I bought the Carbmaster vanilla yogurt for the Attack phase and while I like vanilla I wanted a little fruity taste to go with it so I made up a strawberry and a lemon glaze from glucomannan and sugar-free Kool-Aid and artificial sweeteners and that really hit the spot. The strawberry I make all the time but this was the first time I made lemon and it is awesome, just like lemon curd only much, much easier to make.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has anybody eaten the KFC grilled chicken while on Attack phase? I work late tonight so I was trying to think of something I could pick up on the way home.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't but have eaten their grilled chicken....SO GOOD!!!!
I really think on attack it is fine-might want to leave off eating the skin but I can never resist if I only have 1 piece & not a bucket. Rotisserie chicken is also good but watch out for the sodium in any prepared chicken. Hugs!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlshields
Stats: 225/154/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/1/2003
That is a great loss! As for the chicken. I eat roasted, rotisseries, etc and most often i eat about half of the skin. Can't resist. My losses would probably be bigger if I did not eat skin, but I am still losing slowly.
jlshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My 10-day Attack phase is over and I'm down 11.4 lbs. Today is the first day of Cruise and I can't wait to eat a salad, LOL.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
My 10-day Attack phase is over and I'm down 11.4 lbs. Today is the first day of Cruise and I can't wait to eat a salad, LOL.
WAY TO GO!!! 11.4 lbs is great!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey there!!! Haven't been on the board in ages!! It's great to see lots of new faces here.

It was a year ago at the end of May when I first started Dukan. I've lost and kept off a little over 30 pounds in the past year, even though I haven't really stuck with any plan for the last six months or so.

Started back on plan today with a PV day. Going to take my DD book to work tonight and read through it again. Need to get a plan in place. Went to the store earlier and bought some ff milk, cottage cheese and yogurt. And of course some meat. Going to take some meat and yogurt for my dinner tonight.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Pam, you're off to a great start. Nice to have you back Lenise! I'm busy as normal. Ate lunch out today and had a great cob salad with avocado, blue cheese, smoked bacon, chicken and lots of greens. Really hit the spot. Did eat too much watermelon later, so will be interesting to see what the scale says in AM.

Stay with it and get those pounds coming off.

Susan
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Lensie! Missed you!

Pam, great job!

Overdid it this week... Body screaming 0 me
I think I need to cut out all bread product for a week or two. So Sat PP - PV days here I come...

Feeling not so heathy & maybe this will help as I have been @ Woofer Watchers all week off & on...didnt realize that + kids were dragging me down til my horrid ugly step-sister showed up yesterday. everyone!!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-15-2012 at 04:06 AM..
Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Hi All: Whenever I get bored with JUDD I go back to Dukan, which is what I am doing now. Today is Day-1 of Attack. I noticed that some of you are using Carbmaster yogurt. It is good, I also use it. I also cheat and eat a little skin from chicken breast. My fave is the wings, but don't know if I can justify them. Oh, almost forgot - I keep seeing in recipes the use of cornstarch. Is that allowed???

I will weigh in on Monday. Have a great weekend to you all!

Last edited by SuzeQ; 06-15-2012 at 11:57 AM..
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Feel pretty good today. Was 198.8 yesterday. Today -- 196.2!!! Love that first days loss. For this first week I'm doing a pp lunch and pg dinner. Just want to see how it goes before I go on a normal dd plan.

Has anyone come across frozen yogurt that we can eat on plan??
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Yeah Lensie! Missed you!

Pam, great job!

Overdid it this week... Body screaming 0 me
I think I need to cut out all bread product for a week or two. So Sat PP - PV days here I come...

Feeling not so heathy & maybe this will help as I have been @ Woofer Watchers all week off & on...didnt realize that + kids were dragging me down til my horrid ugly step-sister showed up yesterday. everyone!!!!

Hope you get to feeling heathy while I'm away next week. While you are getting back to basics I'll be "cheating" but then I'm right back to it after vacation. Hope that horrid ugly step-sister gets gone!!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Feel pretty good today. Was 198.8 yesterday. Today -- 196.2!!! Love that first days loss. For this first week I'm doing a pp lunch and pg dinner. Just want to see how it goes before I go on a normal dd plan.

Has anyone come across frozen yogurt that we can eat on plan??
I have çome across any. I did eat come low fat fudge bars in the past 5 months but each on was like 45 calories & not too many carbs. Isn't seem to stop my weight loss. Not more than 3 a week so really not much.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
Hope you get to feeling heathy while I'm away next week. While you are getting back to basics I'll be "cheating" but then I'm right back to it after vacation. Hope that horrid ugly step-sister gets gone!!
Have fun on your trip & remember it is NOT cheating when you plan.... We DON't cheat! Just make choices! & when you are gone make wise choices on or off plan!

PS feeling back to my old self- amazing what some rest will do...
Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

194 today!!! Had bbq chicken, salad and ff cottage cheese for dinner. Going to take my yogurt mix for lunch tonight.

Have a great night!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie, glad to see you back and doing well... Stay with us! We can do this together...

s s & s are all part of getting to the finish line = HEALTHY & HAPPY
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Hi everyone, I think I am going to start this tomorrow! I have been doing BFFM (burn the fat, feed the muscle) but I am not losing so I am going to try switching it up!! Wanted to join in with the group!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy! We start a new thread every month so be sure to jump over with us!

This is a marvelous lifetime style of eating! So many have had a change for life!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Hi there! thanks for the welcome, will look forward to learning a few things from you "seasoned" dukan'ers.....
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Hi there! thanks for the welcome, will look forward to learning a few things from you "seasoned" dukan'ers.....
Near the front of this thread are some links you may want to visit... maybe you already have. We will try to remember to copy them into the next July Thread....

Paranoid Dont worry about the # right now.... 90% of that weight is fluid bloat... some PP days and loads of water will bring it off in no time...

I went off some meds & supplements due to a blood pressure study I am in & decided my body needs them more than the study... weight way up this week from last Monday.... on the Honey Badger Chart.... & my muscles feel stressed like maybe I could imagine it would feel if I ran a short marathon... NOT WORTH UPSETTING THE DELICATE BALANCE I have finally reached in a year.... Dropping out of the study when I go back up.... BUT I DID FIND OUT MY BP WILL STAY DOWN WITHOUT THE RX!!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-25-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I have read the threads in the beginning. I did a search on google for reviews on this diet, and it says people will lose because of the drastic calorie restriction. I thought you did not count calories etc on this diet. This confused me a bit. Do people on here have good results with this one?

I am an avid exerciser, but carbs just dont agree with me I think and I tend to not lose no matter what I do!! Time to try something new!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

No we DONT count calories! It is one of the wonderful things about Dukan. I hate to count or keep track, write anything down or be consistant in following rules. Dukie is so simple a caveman could do it! Because I did!

It has become a way of life for me over the past year. I had to modify it as I was losing a pound a day & had to stop the loss as my health was going down from the RAPID loss. I have been stable & still losing occasionally for close to a year! Never have I ever been able to keep weight off like this!

Jump in and have fun with us! You might like to join the Honey Badger Challenge...several of us are there & we record our weight every Monday on a spread sheet. Hugs!

Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers/ Second Quarter to anyone wanting to come over!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, so do you know how many calories you eat a day or an estimate?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

No but others might! I eat 1/4 lb lean turkey burger every day on an 80cal Healthy Life wheat bun with mayo catsup mustard lots lots lots of onions, tomato, lettuce, pickle... about 3 eggs in the morning with milkk kefir mixed with tumeric, additionaly some kind of meat, chicken, tuna or salmon & vegies & some dark chocolate & coconut oil.

When I was losing 1lb a day it was absolutely no carbs other than dairy loads of eggs, ground turkey, chicken, fish & fresh vegies, kombucha & milk/water kefir along with the oat brand. I had no idea what to expect! The results were terrific as has been for others.

Dukan is a life long plan that literally changes the way you eat & your mentality. This is what was so appealing to me rather than so many "diets". It allows you a celebratory meal etc & eventually leads to "normal" eating again. I found when you get to the "normal" part your concept of normal has changed. Doesnt mean you dont still want the unhealthy choices but after one bite you realize WHY you changed the way you eat.

Some type of exercise like walking is a very important part of the program. How much do you want to loose to become healthy?

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-26-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Faithful, I need to lose about 30 lbs. I had lost it last year with HCG, but I gained it all back. I exercise 6 days a week (more than walking) so okay there. I had been eating about 1600-1800 calories a day and not losing, just maintaining, but i am not sure if its the carbs. So I am going to try this with no carbs other than veggies for a bit and see what happens. Most diets dont work well for me, so not sure how this one will do either, but I am hopeful!