Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys, well weighed in at 146 again today (3 days in a row) and then promptly completely fell off the wagon at a baby shower this afternoon. What is it about baby showers and their delicious, carb filled, sugary treats? I ate everything in sight and now feel gross. But tomorrow is a new day...should I start the attack phase from the beginning again now since I fell off the wagon on Day 4??
Hope I didn't do too much damage
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey63 View Post
ok.....down .5 today...waiting for the bathroom gods to smile on me again..and maybe will get to the 170's tomorrow..lol...but am 180 today...have not seen that number in a while.... Will have to stay strong today and make sure I eat really to the T so I can jump up and down when I see the 170's! Keep sending those downward pushes this way and I will send them back to you also! Keep up the good work ladies.
yeah!!! 170's here you come!!!

Today I was 174.8 ~ so 52.2 down. So exciting!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
Faithful, I think I've tried to post the link to dukanitout before and couldn't. Just type DukanitOut into the google search box or what ever search engine you use and the top result should be DukanitOur Recipes. That takes you to the home page. Near the top you can click on recipe index and it has the recipes divided into categories. She posts a few new recipes every day. There is info on her site too for ordering the recipe book.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Thanks, Susan. You prolly cant post it because she sells her book. I will look for it as I really enjoy reading recipies. Dont often use them but sometimes I remember pieces of one and try to throw together something different.

Found it! Thanks!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Morning ladies. Day 4. down 2.8 which I'm happy about since I cheated during our anniversary meal last night. Back on the wagon today and lots of water.

Hope yall have a great day!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Morning ladies. Day 4. down 2.8 which I'm happy about since I cheated during our anniversary meal last night. Back on the wagon today and lots of water.

Hope yall have a great day!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

my coworker comes in and says to me are you on your diet today? I answer yes and then she offers me a big bag of cheetos..... Um not diet approved friend... move along.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Today is my first day and so far so good, LOL. I don't think I will have any problems with the eating part of this but I really had a hard time at the grocery trying to condition myself to go for fat-free items. I didn't buy very many, mostly cottage cheese, sour cream and yogurt but I did also buy a jar of Hellman's Low-Fat Mayo which only has 1 gram of fat per serving but it's double the amount of carbs of regular, which is 2 instead of 1 or <1. I don't plan on using very much and it doesn't taste bad but I've got it if I need it. I'm so used to going for the lowest carb item.

I went to Whole Foods this morning and picked up a few other things and I also bought an egg cooker this weekend. My young neighbor raises chickens so he's bringing me two dozen fresh eggs this evening.

I've looked everywhere for quark and fromage frais but obviously those aren't real popular items in Bluegrass Country. I did find a small french market in downtown Lexington that I'm going to visit soon.

I've been a longtime follower of Intermittent Fasting and I've really gotten used to only eating between 6pm and 10pm so I'm going to try sticking with that for now. I did eat my 1 1/2tbs oat bran this morning though and I'm really proud of myself for finally learning to drink coffee black instead of loaded with creamer. I've tried it before and just couldn't do it but now I'm enjoying the taste of the coffee.

My question for the day: Does anybody use EAS Carb Control shakes during Attack Phase?

Thanks and have a Dukan good day!
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I may have drank it my first go round, but I can't rememebr for sure. Glad things are going good so far. You will really start to see results soon!

I really want chocolate right now and I rarely ever eat it. I got a diest pepsi and I'm jsut going tough it out. Tonight will be the ultimate test though I have to bake over 100 cookies. ;o/ a cookie todya is not worth flabby tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlshields
Stats: 225/154/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/1/2003
Morning all, I have been out of the loop for a couple days. Back now. On third day of attack and down about 1.2 lbs yesterday, but up .2 today. Have stuck to is except for about four tastes (very small sips) of wine at a wine tasting. Will finish attack today. Thanks to those who mentioned Dukanitout. Will check that. Sypdermonkey, isn't it wonderful how friends and co-workers will try to sabotage our efforts! Have a great day all. Oh, almost forgot. On Pinterest I saw a method of cooking eggs in oven. Works really great. For hard "boiled" preheat oven to 325, place eggs in muffin tins to keep from rolling and bake for 25-30 minutes. Easy to peal and yolks are real creamy with no greenish ring.
"How does one become a butterfly?...You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."Trina Paulus

"Courage is fear that has said its prayers."
jlshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Who would have thought to make HB Eggs in the oven. I personally dont think I would try this during summer because of the heat but winter.... that may be a different plan.....

Pam, you have an advantage to more stores than I. We have a Sureway that has a lot of healthy items but not major. We have to go to Evansville, IN for anything really good & then only Fresh Market & maybe Schnucks may have items. I found ghee & organic frozen foods in a convience store in Evansville...can you believe that? My last trip to Fresh Market (& I had a gift card) was uneventful...the prices were so high I couldnt bring myself to buy anything! I am going to ask my DD to give me the $ in exchange for my gift card...she goes there often whereas I may make 1 trip a year.

Have a terrific week, ladies & healthy eating to you!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to try the eggs in the oven!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

made almost 100 cookies and didn't touch any of them was up a lb today. That is kinda a downer
let us know how the eggs are.

Last edited by spydermonkey511; 06-05-2012 at 06:46 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Wow! Who would have thought to make HB Eggs in the oven. I personally dont think I would try this during summer because of the heat but winter.... that may be a different plan.....

Pam, you have an advantage to more stores than I. We have a Sureway that has a lot of healthy items but not major. We have to go to Evansville, IN for anything really good & then only Fresh Market & maybe Schnucks may have items. I found ghee & organic frozen foods in a convience store in Evansville...can you believe that? My last trip to Fresh Market (& I had a gift card) was uneventful...the prices were so high I couldnt bring myself to buy anything! I am going to ask my DD to give me the $ in exchange for my gift card...she goes there often whereas I may make 1 trip a year.

Have a terrific week, ladies & healthy eating to you!

I do have a larger variety of stores for which I am thankful but I do order a lot of things online too. There is a Whole Foods, Good Foods Co-op and Roberts Health Foods in Lexington plus there is another smaller HFS in Winchester. I do find a lot of things from the chain stores too like Meijer, Wal-Mart and Kroger. I haven't made it to the French market yet but I've noticed an Irish market in downtown Lexington also that I drive by sometimes. I'm also looking forward to adding in veggies since I drive by the Farmers Market in downtown Lex on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I love going there. The last few years we've raised a garden ourselves but so many times everything would come in when I didn't have to work them up and so much of it went to waste. We decided to not plant a garden this year and just buy what we need, cheaper in the long run and a lot more convenient.

I got some of the books in today that I ordered including "The Dukan Diet" can't wait to start reading.

As a treat last night I made me a cup of decaf coffee and used the recipe I found on here for Salted Caramel coffee/cocoa, it was so good.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

That drink soudns good. I'll have to look it up.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

OK dont know ow to lookit up- how about posting the recipe.....

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-05-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
OK dont know ow to lookit up- how about posting the recipe.....
I will when I get home from work.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Salted Caramel Coffee or Cocoa

1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2-3 Tbs Torani Salted Caramel syrup or 2-3 Tbs caramel syrup and 1/4 tsp salt
6oz strong brewed coffee or 4oz hot water and 1 Tbs dark cocoa powder
1-2 drops sweetener if needed

Heat almond milk and syrup, stir and add the fresh, hot coffee, add sweetener if needed.

For cocoa: heat the water and stir in cocoa until smooth. Add the rest and heat in the microwave.

I had some of those Taster's Choice instant coffee sticks (like the drink mixes) in the cabinet and they worked great. Each stick makes 6oz of coffee and are decaffeinated.

Last edited by PaminKY; 06-05-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Is the Salted Caramel syrup sugar free? I know they make a sugar free regular syrup just wasn't sure about the salted caramel one.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Is the Salted Caramel syrup sugar free? I know they make a sugar free regular syrup just wasn't sure about the salted caramel one.
I'm pretty sure it is but I don't have it, I used the regular SF caramel and the salt. Next Netrition order I make I plan on getting it.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Wt today was 144.4. Was 145 April 17, so am cosolidizing well. Probably the first time in my life I really have maintain the same weight for 7 weeks. One change I've made this last week is adding lots of Pu-erh tea. Like it both hot and iced. I'm also going to add some white tea. Read an article about both of them being helpful with weight loss. Feel like it's also a good way to cut down on my use of Crystal Lite.

I don't think a little of the lowfat mayo or the low carb protein shakes are going to slow you down much. Just found they weren't things I really used much. Same goes for t he fat free cream cheese. Just doesn't taste goodl enough to me to waste time with it.

I am growing a lot of vegetable in earthboxes this year. Yesterday the first round zucchini was ready and I microwaved it, then added a dab of butter, some seasalt and freash chopped basil. Amazingly good. I also picked my first cucumber. Probably eat it today with just a little vinegar, salt and pepper. Both vegetables and fruit taste wonderful to me now that I've cut down on sugar. My co-workers have finally learned that I just pass on anything with sugar or grains. It's hard at first to convince them that we're really serious, but just stick to it 100% and they'll finally figure it out.

Stick with the plan and find some recipes you really enjoy and this will work for you. Keep remembering that this is a lifelong change so keep it interesting.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

that is great that you have kept it off!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Wt today was 144.4. Was 145 April 17, so am cosolidizing well. Probably the first time in my life I really have maintain the same weight for 7 weeks. One change I've made this last week is adding lots of Pu-erh tea. Like it both hot and iced. I'm also going to add some white tea. Read an article about both of them being helpful with weight loss. Feel like it's also a good way to cut down on my use of Crystal Lite.

I don't think a little of the lowfat mayo or the low carb protein shakes are going to slow you down much. Just found they weren't things I really used much. Same goes for t he fat free cream cheese. Just doesn't taste goodl enough to me to waste time with it.

I am growing a lot of vegetable in earthboxes this year. Yesterday the first round zucchini was ready and I microwaved it, then added a dab of butter, some seasalt and freash chopped basil. Amazingly good. I also picked my first cucumber. Probably eat it today with just a little vinegar, salt and pepper. Both vegetables and fruit taste wonderful to me now that I've cut down on sugar. My co-workers have finally learned that I just pass on anything with sugar or grains. It's hard at first to convince them that we're really serious, but just stick to it 100% and they'll finally figure it out.

Stick with the plan and find some recipes you really enjoy and this will work for you. Keep remembering that this is a lifelong change so keep it interesting.
I'm looking forward to the day when I'm maintaining (hopefully later this year!). Glad to head it's doable & working out for you!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, so glad to hear the report. I really do understand all the "taste" changes.... Funny how we thought we NEEDED all that food & empty calories...well, they wernt empty because they sure packed on the pounds!

I wish my body would have let me get down one more size before going on hold... but I had too many things going to work on me.... It is going to take me a few months to get used to everyone being here & all the "food" in the house as well as a lot of my ferments being in the garage downstairs. As long as I can continue to maintain in the 160s I am happy for a while. Maybe someday I can see the 140s.... wont that be fun???

to everyone!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-06-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Just stay strong and if you slip jsut get back on track! good luck 140's are in your future!

this time of day is always hard for me I want some off limits so bad ,but I'm trying to be good and let hte craving pass
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post

It is encouraging to know you are maintaining. Do you do the one PP day a week? Last year I reached true weight and then quit observing the PP day and got real lazy. Put it all back on.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
Salted Caramel Coffee or Cocoa

1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2-3 Tbs Torani Salted Caramel syrup or 2-3 Tbs caramel syrup and 1/4 tsp salt
6oz strong brewed coffee or 4oz hot water and 1 Tbs dark cocoa powder
1-2 drops sweetener if needed

Heat almond milk and syrup, stir and add the fresh, hot coffee, add sweetener if needed.

For cocoa: heat the water and stir in cocoa until smooth. Add the rest and heat in the microwave.

I had some of those Taster's Choice instant coffee sticks (like the drink mixes) in the cabinet and they worked great. Each stick makes 6oz of coffee and are decaffeinated.
This sounds good. I have a bottle of SF salted caramel and was wondering how to use it. Will make some tonight, but with FF half and half. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I'm not as good about doing the one PP day a week as I should be. Need to work on that, but probably 75% of my meals are either PP or PV. I don't always eat the reward meal, maybe about everyother week if something special comes up. I also don't eat the bread since I've decided to continue to avoid most grain except the oat bran. Instead I eat more than one starch a week. I find that I can eat black beans, black eyed peas and sweet potatoes without them setting off a craving. I occasionally eat rice. I've also found that I can eat raw nuts, unsweetened coconut, and raw seeds as long as I limit the amt to one handful a day and I rarely miss my square of unsweetened chocolae daily. Fruit I limit to mostly berries or occasionally an orange. I don't always eat the 1.5 oz of cheese either, but do add a TB of regular cheese to my salads sometimes. It doesn't sound much like I'm doing Dukan consolidation does it? But I am sticking to the no sugar, no grains part of the plan as much as possible and that seems to be doing the trick.

Last edited by stilldews; 06-07-2012 at 03:06 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Not sure if I've posted this recipe before or not, but this is my current favorite breakfast.

2 TB oat bran
2 Tb grouend flax seed
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 to 3/4 cup water
cinnamon to taste

Mix all together and cook 3 minutes in the microwave. Serve with a little Splenda or Stevia on top. Sometimes I add chia seeds too.

The flax seed is in a larger amt. than Dr D allows, but sure is good for adding some extra fiber if you are having constipation problems. You can cut the amt. down to 1 tsp if you really want to be legal and add an egg if find it doesn't fill you up.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Susan. One of the terrific things about Dukan is
We actually learn to eat differently. It becomes a mindset.
Sometimes I wonder if the one PP day a week is a reminder for us...

I am still eating wisely & although the pounds are stable....
Who can complain that I have been under the 170 mark for close to 6 months now and I have NOT been there since i was probably in my 30's!
I really think when things mellow out here this summer & the family gets into a better schedule of doing things living here.... I will be able to relax some (taking me a lot to get accustomed to 5 people & a dog being here) & concentrate on me.

Still doing VLC drinking my Kefir & Kombucha, added my home brewed gingerale for summer, eating very high protein (my body loves it especially venison), still have to remember to add vegies as I crave the protein so much, & lots of yard work along with a 2 mile walk when it is cool in the morning.

Ladies, if Susan & I can get down and keep it off, so can you! Just remember to keep coming back here for accountablity and to encourage & help others! I believe that is one important to keeping the weight off forever.... but I havent reached forever yet...ONLY IN MY MIND!

HUGS!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-07-2012 at 05:38 AM..