Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 4-16-12
Congrats Paranoid! Excellent job...you should be so proud!
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Down 2..... 180.5 today..down 19 lbs total so far...am happy.... I expect Tom like tomorrow...and I know it's going to go back up....am keeping the faith and envisioning how I will feel without this extra weight hanging around. 170's, here I come.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hun you dont look old enough to have a daughter graduating!!! Yeah for the 50 pound mark!!!
Ha! I'm 42. Was 24 when she was born. She's my oldest. Thank you for say I look young! Losing 50 lbs help too
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey63 View Post
Down 2..... 180.5 today..down 19 lbs total so far...am happy.... I expect Tom like tomorrow...and I know it's going to go back up....am keeping the faith and envisioning how I will feel without this extra weight hanging around. 170's, here I come.
Congrats. You'll feel great. Even more so cause you don't give up!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
Ha! I'm 42. Was 24 when she was born. She's my oldest. Thank you for say I look young! Losing 50 lbs help too
50 is a real milestone!

Originally Posted by Blondey63

I am so proud of your attitude! Keep it up!

Hang in there everyone! This really works! I struggled for years & then as I was passing the EV one morning the Dukan Diet was on the morning news...

I found a website where I read up on the program and it was the only one that EVER made sense to me! I tried it and this lifestyle works! It may not be right for everyone, but for those of us that are seeing results it is marvelous ~ a lifetime of eating different and guilt free.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

This morning was 176.0. So excited that little piece of cake didn't hurt me

Yesterday I had Greek yogurt with oat bran, coffee with ff milk for breakfast. Lunch was taco meat & a small amount of cheese dip with lettuce & tomatoes & taco sauce. -- taco meat is regular hb & cheese dip made from full fat cheese & whole milk so neither would be exactly right for dukan but I've been slipping fats in all along & my body doesn't mind -- dinner was early about 4pm & was two pork chops (again not dukan phase approved) & a cup of non-fat yogurt. Then I had the small piece of cake around 9:30. Usually I would have had veggies with dinner because it was the day for veggies but I was wound up over graduation and had the pork chops left over from the night before.

I think what I love most about dukan is I get foods I love & I've adjusted it just enough that it still works for me - my adjustments might hinder someone else. So I do not recommend them. I recommend the book it's up to everyone individually to figure out what works .....which is mostly sticking to it, pushing through, & enjoying the process!

I have a 10 lb goal for May. I'm 3.2 way & only 7 days to go....I have to stay focused
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Paranoid, we all have to find what works for us! Healthy fats (real butter, VCO, avocado, olive) are good for us; I am happy you have successfully added some to your plan. Dukie is a great plan but early on I had to modify it to fit my body as I was losing one pound a day ~ for this old body it was a disaster. So I started adding two pieces of a healthy grain bread and it slowed/stopped the loss.

Since that time I have maintained the loss I had ~ over the months I have gone down a few more pounds & today 167. I have bounced between 164-169 since the first of January when on the HB Challenge I was 171. My body has had loads of abuse over the years and not just from food so to stay stable and maybe drop 10# a year is OK with me. I do envy (a little) you younger ladies that can succeed on a healthy level and get down in size and weight. I still wear my 14s around the house & to work in the yard but when I want to really look nice the 10/12s come out. My L tops are too big but I still wear them...no point in spending $ I dont have on clothes I will ruin working in the yard and painting (yes, I am still painting things!)

Ya'll are an inspiration for me to keep on the Dukie trail! Thank you for being "silent friends" I can share this journey and my life with!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 05-25-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This morning was 176.0. ....
I have a 10 lb goal for May. I'm 3.2 way & only 7 days to go....I have to stay focused

WELL .... Talk about crazy! I'm up 3.2 lbs from Saturday morning and 3.2 was what I said on Friday I needed to lose for May's goal. I'm not giving up on the goal - I've seen big corrections before and I know these extra lbs are mosly if not all fluid from all the salt. I'm going to be very strict with salt and drink lots of water and maybe just maybe I'll be close to goal on june 1st.

This weekend is a good reminder to me though how quickly it will come back if I don't stay on track. I skipped all the junk everyone else was eating but I consumed way more in salt and just food than normal.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WELL .... Talk about crazy! I'm up 3.2 lbs from Saturday morning and 3.2 was what I said on Friday I needed to lose for May's goal. I'm not giving up on the goal - I've seen big corrections before and I know these extra lbs are mosly if not all fluid from all the salt. I'm going to be very strict with salt and drink lots of water and maybe just maybe I'll be close to goal on june 1st.

This weekend is a good reminder to me though how quickly it will come back if I don't stay on track. I skipped all the junk everyone else was eating but I consumed way more in salt and just food than normal.
Any time you have a fluctuation like that it is fluid!

That is one of the tough sides of being a lady...guys dont usually have that great a change. Fluid pushing & staying away from sodium should do it! & if the weather is warmer, your body will want to hold onto fluid as well....preservation mode.

You are doing so well.... if your plumbing is backed up that could contribute or if you are adding a lot of fiber/fluid until it passes the build up could be in the gut...BUT KNOW THAT IS NOT A WEIGHT GAIN FROM FAT WHEN IT IS THAT FAST!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlshields
Stats: 225/154/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/1/2003
New to Dukan, Not to LC Friends

Hi, I have been lurking around here for several years. Lost a lot on Atkins and then gained about 10 lbs back so tried Dukan last summer. did well on attack and the next phase. Lost to my true weight. Got lazy, did not observe the protein only day and gained it all back. So here I am with about 8 lbs to lose. Started attack again this morning and wanted to communicate with others for motivation and ideas. Glad you all are here.
jlshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlshields View Post
Hi, I have been lurking around here for several years. Lost a lot on Atkins and then gained about 10 lbs back so tried Dukan last summer. did well on attack and the next phase. Lost to my true weight. Got lazy, did not observe the protein only day and gained it all back. So here I am with about 8 lbs to lose. Started attack again this morning and wanted to communicate with others for motivation and ideas. Glad you all are here.

These lists have lots of good info. My advice today is avoid pickles I know this but still ate them like crazy this weekend & saw a big jump up in lbs. it's all fluid I Know but it's stressful!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Help with signature

Can someone tell me why my signature looks like it does and how to fix it to get rid of all the "stuff'?

Thanks,
Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Welcome jl. You will get those extra pounds back off in no timw with Dukan. Go to the control panel, then edit signature and delete everything you don't want to show in your signature. Not sure why it's showing up that way, but that should help.

Paranoid and Blondey, you are both doing wonderful. Don't worry about the few pounds up and down. 50 pounds is fantastic. Congratulations.

I'm still finding it fairly easy to hold my weight stable. Not being perfect on the eating but doing basic Dukan 90% of the time. Need to get a little better at the one all protein day a week. Read an article recently that said people who do 2 very low carb days a week and what they want the other 5 days a week lose 215% more than those that do 1500 calories 7 days a week. Just confirms that Dr Dukan has the right idea.

Here is my latest cure for the sweet tooth:

1 square unsweetened bakers chocolate of 1 Tb 100% cocoa powder
1Tb coconut oil
1 Tb natural unsweetened peanut butter
3 pkg Stevia, 1 pkg Splenda or sweetener to taste.

Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave by heating one minute. Stir until chocolate is all melted and then stir in the rest. I add a little sea salt too. Put in freezer until set.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

JL
Wow! you have almost lost it all again!
Now we have to help you keep it off!
We can all do that together!
Just come & post "no lurking"
It helps us too with support & encouragement!
We are all in this together!

Susan good treat! I usually throw some coconut in mine & make serveal at once by spooning it into a flexible "mini" muffin mold then popping them out into a baggie & put in freezer/fridge. Now I have to add my crunchy PB.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 05-29-2012 at 04:27 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning and thanks for the warm welcomes. I am having some computer operator issues this am.

Stilldews thanks for the signature tips, I will try that, and for the recipe. I will try that in a few days as well.

Iamfaithful, great idea with the silicone muffin mold. I have silicone ice cube trays I can try. Going to check out your links too. Love kombucha.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Blondey, your blood sugar readings are fantastic! I wish all diabetics would try the low carb way of eating. I think I'll buy a HgA!C kit and check my number again. I'm prediabetic and like to keep an eye on it.

Paranoid, so sorry to hear you got some bad news. Eating healthy by sticking to the plan is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. It's so easy to let something like that start you on a downward spiral, so really proud of you.

Here's a new crockpot recipe I'm goping to try. Could be served over the zero cal noodles or rice if you're on consolidation.

Cuban Braised Beef with Lime-Avocado Salad

28 oz can ciced tomatoes, drained
2 red bell peppers, sliced 1/2" think
1 onion, but into 8 wedges
2 tsp dried oregano
1Tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1 1/2 pound flank steak, sliced thickly
1 cup rice, optional
2 avocados, sliced
1-2 limes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves

In a large slow cooker, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, oregano. cumin, 1.5 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily. On high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours. 25 minutes before serving, cook rice according to directions or drain and heat zero cal noodle. Cut avocadoes into slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with juice of limes. Mix well and set aside. Useing 2 forks, shred the beef and mix with the liquid in the crock pot. Serve over rice or noodles if desired. Top avocado with cilantro right before serving as a sidedish. Serves 4.
Hi Stilldews! I wonder, can we have avocado in cruise phase or I need to wait, right?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Stilldews! I wonder, can we have avocado in cruise phase or I need to wait, right?

I would give it a try in moderation and see if it works for you. I could add a lot of things in small quantities without it hindering my progress (stability).
Old 05-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

That fluid isnt wanting to go away! I'm sticking to plan and losing like .2 but I wasnt thinking about TOM and it come along Monday evening when the weight was up that morning. Explains why I wanted those darn salty pickles in the first place! I'm hoping to see a big drop after today because it's all protein.
Y'all have a great day!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Had my official weigh in last night (I also belong to TOPS) and my weight stayed the same as last week. That was after 2 days on attack.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys!! I started a new thread for us dukan dieters for June, check it out!
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone....still here....last I posted I was 180.5 and unfortunately it did not stay there...have been fighting the scale for the last week...up and down... today 182. Tom is 10 freaking days late....definitely not pregnant....can only assume that the diet change had something to do with it.... am exercising everyday...am eating right...blood sugars are good....for the most part happy...just got to get the damn scale moving again...had hoped to be in the 170's by June 1st but will be happy if I get there soon. I started Dukan 4-16, by 5-16 I had lost 17 lbs. From 5-16-5-31, only -. 5 now. I really need to get that scale moving.... not sure what else I can do. wondering if my calories are too low...am keeping the faith. Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey63 View Post
Hey everyone....still here....last I posted I was 180.5 and unfortunately it did not stay there...have been fighting the scale for the last week...up and down... today 182. Tom is 10 freaking days late....definitely not pregnant....can only assume that the diet change had something to do with it.... am exercising everyday...am eating right...blood sugars are good....for the most part happy...just got to get the damn scale moving again...had hoped to be in the 170's by June 1st but will be happy if I get there soon. I started Dukan 4-16, by 5-16 I had lost 17 lbs. From 5-16-5-31, only -. 5 now. I really need to get that scale moving.... not sure what else I can do. wondering if my calories are too low...am keeping the faith. Hope everyone is doing good.
You might check your calories. I'm was surprised that I would slow down on weight loss too if I didn't eat enough.
They've started a new link for June so jump over there. I'm going to post the link here shortly.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

June's linkDukan dieters losing it in June!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
May 1st ... 182.8
So very excited!!!!

I also wanted to share that I had a goal of 8 pounds in April. I lost 10!!! Woohoo. Just so stinking happy

June 1st ... 175.0.
That's 52 lbs down in 5 months. 7.8 lost in the month of May.

I had wanted 10 but that was a big goal for 5 months into a diet. I'm happy --- moving on over to june now
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Blondey I dont think you are eating enough ~ add protein
When you undereat your body goes into starvation mode....
However, as you progress through Dukan you will have times where the loss slows!
Keep on keeping on and will see you on the June thread...
Dukan dieters losing it in June!