Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 4-16-12
waiting for the 70's ...both bs and weight!
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Oh me! 179.0 on Friday 181.2 on Monday
Saturday just as I predicted I ate more than normal so Sunday I was up. Then yesterday I decided I would eat at a Japanese steakhouse. Salt like crazy! I didn't eat much but I did eat off plan. So I am thankful its only 2 lbs
All protein today! Tomorrow will be fine

Happy Monday!!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
169.8 up from all the garlic bread and pasta from the Mothers Day dinner my son fixes every year. He has been doing this for 5 ~ 6 years & I dont want to hurt his feelings to ask him to fix something different. 1/135th of the year! I guess I can do that~for the kid! We do a lot for our kids!

Have a great day and a good eating week!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Oh I'd eat the garlic bread & pasta too if my son fixed it :-)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Good thing to know.... he sent me home with the rest of the pasta.... guess I will finish it today so I can be good tomorrow. I just made a challenge on the Honey Badger Challenge for us to kiss bad eating good by as of today... but that was after I had some pasta for breakfast. Why not come over to the challenge and join us, Paranoid & Blondey? We have a weigh in chart to be filled in on Mondays. I am sure Amber will welcome you!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the invite Faithful...I will check that out. I too was up 2 lbs today...too many veggies and crackers and cheese yesterday for Mother's day...right back on track today so that 2 lbs shoul be gone in no time. Nice your son cooked for you Faithful@!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Paranoid found us, I had one carb free day and feel so much better now to just stay on a roll! I like Dukie style with this LF dairy that is the one thing I hate about low carb no dairy, ughghg
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies!

Helen, by now the pounds will be off I am sure.
Amber, low carb always makes you feel better. Got to love that dairy!
Paranoid, How you doing?
Suze & Susan where are ya'll? Hope all is well I know we all get busy ~ keep up the good habits!

My garlic bread retenting is gone today & I am feeling better. Got 2 chairs to paint & 2 sets of curtains to make today then maybe I am done til I caulk my floors. It is a 10 minute job but I HATE to caulk!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 05-15-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm having a problem. Down one pound but have stayed same last two days. I ate one corn tortilla last night, fried of course, but eliminated the bran to balance out the carbs. Also I have been eating Chobani fat free yogurt, 20 carbs, and then switched to Dannon Light and Fit which has less, and Carbmaster yogurt which is only 4 carbs. It just seems to me that the daily yogurt and bran are naturally adding in carbs and I thought this diet was supposed to be pretty carb free??? I ate three strips of bacon with my two scrambled eggs. I'm all over the place! Do any of you have to balance your "errors" the same way? There is a tendency to want to limit your food for the rest of the day to try and compensate. Have to try and stay at the 1200 cal limit at least. Does any of what I am saying make sense.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bulldogmadre
Have been on Dukan for three months. Feel a lot better and I am one of those people who don't weigh. I have noticed some interesting things on this diet. The biggest one is that I really don't crave carbs anymore and I don't think about food all the time. This is a first for me as I have been dieting for 30 years. On and off all kinds of diets. I have not talked to anyone else that has been on this. Anyone else have this experience and is it easy to keep going at this as a lifestyle? I am hoping I am not still in a "honeymoon" phase.
Bulldogmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #71

Suze: Here is my opinion:
Eating the carbs from the FF dairy is not a problem and eating a junky corn tortilla instead of oat bran is not a swap per se, the oat bran is a good carb full of fiber to help digestion and prevent constipation. You really do not have to eat a certain # of calories just eat if hungry and stop when full.

The diet yogurt really doesnt have anything special in it, the Greek yogurt you are getting close to 20 grams of protein which will help you not tear down muscle and keep you feeling full. Dont confuse carbs with Dukan, while he keeps them low it is not like doing Atkins. He allows the dairy carbs, and it seems to work.

Bulldog- that is great I find that Dukan and Atkins tend to help keep cravings at bay, Stilldews on here has been quite faithful to the diet and has had great success whatever works for you embrace it and keep on going! That is awesome!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Suze ~ What Amber said...but I have a ?????
The yogurt you are eating...what does it have in it? The fruit flavored ones have loads of sugar etc and not as much protein as greek plain. I like FAGE 0 and can use it like sour cream or mayo in a recipe. You need to stick with low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, low fat cheese (but not too much cheese) and 2% or less butterfat in milk.

Dont let yourself get hungry or try to limit your carbs if you are eating lean meat, eggs, low fat dairy and the vegetables that are on the list. Eat away! Especially with the lean meat and Greek yogurt. Carb cravings will go away on this eating program...

If you want fruit flavor in your yogurt mix in some SF Jello! I also put some cocoa powder and sweetner let it set in fridge for a while and it is like eating chocolate mouse!
You can also put some Crystal Lite or Hawiian Punch flavors in it. While they are not on the list, they are 0 carb as they use sweeteners not sugar. Susan uses the Crystal Lite with great success.

You can eat alll the lean meats you want but please stay away from lunch meat or deli meat as it is loaded with nitrates and salt which will totally mess up your weight because of water retention. If you need something like bread for a "sandwich" make a couple gallettes and cook them really thin. You can use them as a wrap or a little thicker like a pancake and you can layer sandwich fixins inbetween them.

Something really important~~~DONT STRESS as stress produces cortisole and that is disaster for the body. Also, when you are stressed or not getting enough calories, your body wont let go of the weight. It goes into survival mode.

If you have Dukan Book read it again for the theory behind the eating program. It works! There are times you may loose faster than other times and also times where you may not loose at all...I dont think this is a "stall" just the body regrouping~IMO not in the book.

The Dukan way is a very easy lifestyle change as eventually you can have a celebration meal if desired and eventually you should be able to eat "normally". However, you will find that by the time you reach that point NORMAL is not what you have been eating your whole life but will be more like what you eat on phase 2 with a little of phase 3 in it. I still have little interest in fruit and find I have to PLAN vegies as my body just craves the protein. I love a good turkey burger on a Healthy Life 80 cal wheat bun. I get my lettuce tomato onion and pickles with a little catsup and mustard on it. It is about 12 net carbs and I usually eat one a day. This is a good life eating this way! I have been stable since I lost rapidly last June and need to put little effort into planning my meals. Sometimes, like Mothers Day, I just do what is there and dont have a problem going back to my usual eating the next day because while the pasta & garlic bread was good, it is not something I crave any more. Like pizza....I just dont care for it any more. One piece of it occasionally is enough.

If you stick with it and make wise choices you will do well. Dont kick yourself if you have an OFF day, just dont have too many of those a month and go right back "on track' the next meal or the next day.

Hugs
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I lost the extra 2 lbs I put on plus another lb...today...down .5.....very happy...am now down 17 lbs in 31 days. Only 1 week till tom arrives so I better enjoy this feeling now!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogmadre View Post
Have been on Dukan for three months. Feel a lot better and I am one of those people who don't weigh. I have noticed some interesting things on this diet. The biggest one is that I really don't crave carbs anymore and I don't think about food all the time. This is a first for me as I have been dieting for 30 years. On and off all kinds of diets. I have not talked to anyone else that has been on this. Anyone else have this experience and is it easy to keep going at this as a lifestyle? I am hoping I am not still in a "honeymoon" phase.
This is a tremendous lifetime plan for eating!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Honey Badger Challenge

Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers/ Second Quarter

Maybe this will work for the HB Challenge...
Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all! Busy week for me. This morning 179.8 ~ that's still up .8 from Friday but at least it's on the way down. I'm working out HARD! Getting the "REQUIRED" walking and an additional video (Biggest Loser Bootcamp) - staring week 3 today which will be about a 40 minute workout. It's been for the last 15 days a 30 minute workout. I'm going to complete the month of workouts!
Sticking to the plan.

I LOVE DUKAN! Yesterday I was ask --- What will you eat when you are done losing weight? That was easy to answer - I'll eat all this same good food I'm eating now (meat, ff dairy, veggies). & I said I'll add some bread and fruit sometimes with some "fun" meals sometimes but not often cause REALLY why do I want to eat junk like I use too.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Paranoid, that is what eating well does to/for you. We just dont have the "want to" to eat the other way any more. Special occasions you will be able to eat what is there IF YOU WANT and be GUILT FREE because your are your own master where food is conserned. You know eating off plan a day is not going to cause your downfall!

I am so proud of all you Dukaniestas!! You are doing so well!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Love it Paranoid! MY MIL asked me the same thing on Sunday. I pretty much said the same thing. Love seeing your pic too...can put a face to the screen name!

Today...I heard the most awesome thing at work..."Girl, you are looking good, it looks like you lost some weight" Awesome!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #79

IAM-that was a good synopsis you wrote about the diet. I love when people say when are you going to eat normally, umm hello eating the old way is what got me to 350 pounds, it has to be a lifestyle change, you will find if you exercise you can eat more, and feel quite satisfied. Really the last 6 months I have pretty much been the same with a lot of celebration meals and as long as I am exercising it stays pretty much in a range. Now I do want to lose more weight so I gotta get strict with myself, so that is what I am doing.

Look at paranoid isn't she pretty?

Blonde- that is the best feeling in the world when people start to notice!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

167.8 thos moning-way down from Monday's Badger weigh in. Clean eating! Woekss every ti

Amber, thanks! You are such a gem! You keep a lot of us going! Thanks!

Paranoid & Blondey are both stunning! Can't wait to see bbefore/after photos.

Wonder what is going on with Susan? She had a lot going with her mom. Ope everything is OK.

Suzie are you still with us?

Everyone moving in TOMORROW! Yeah! The sights & sounds of family life back on the old homestead! Jon bringing his kids to climb tthe same trees he did when he was their ages. Guess I will have to teach them how to use my lawn tractor. Wonder if they will wind up in the creek & around a tree like daddy did? Hmmmmm! Maybe he needs to teach them-so he can take the fall if they do....

Hang in there wvwey one & eat clean! Get that walking or exercise in!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Back to my phone & mis-spelling- Jon took his laptop ome to do something 3 wise! Never should have gotten accustomed to it! Yuck!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justapinch
Stats: 230/194/160?
WOE: JUDDD 1/8/12!
Start Date: Oct 2010
Dukan Diet

Is there somewhere on the LCF site that explains exactly how to do the diet? Seems you all are having great successes!
justapinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Stayed the same today which is great....am having some bathroom issues again and as soon as that gets moving, I should see a drop. Tom is around the corner and I expect to gain and will have to deal with that. NOT hungry today...love the appetite suppression this woe gives you.

Faithful, good luck with the family moving back in...I'm sure there will be a lot of fun there.
Jewel.... you are awesome...just keep doing what you are doing!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapinch View Post
Is there somewhere on the LCF site that explains exactly how to do the diet? Seems you all are having great successes!
I can't post it from my phone but if you go to thhe Dukan Diet Amazing August thread from last year there is a link on the first post. It used to be posted all the time but we kinda got away from it. If you can't find it, maybe Amber can dig up that and the Dukan USA FB page & post it here .

Yes this is an AMAZING WAY OF LIFE!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #85

DUKAN EATING PLAN FYI

Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen!

Dukan Diet -- Awesome August!! One day at a time!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html

The Dukan Diet

Man that was hard, LOL Hope that helps someone!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Amber! Iwould have tried to do that but I don't have a computer here today. Jon had to take it to his house. My grandaugter (11) is putting all their DV4s into an Excel spread sheet! Can you imagine! She has been at it for hours! & I can't even do Excel!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #87

LOL I an barely do Excel, good luck tomorrow wow it seemed so far off time ticks by doesn't it???
Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks! I don't have to do anything but be here & keep the kids overnight while they finish thhe little stuff & spend "one last night together in their house together with NO KIDS!"

But then the kids will be home here in their very own beds & I get mine to myself!

Doesn't seem that long ago when we started the renovation, but while it was going on it seemed forever!

AND It has been a year since I started my Journey with Dukan & LCF, Found LCF researching Kombucha.... Ya'll are such a great group!

W here is Susan! I miss her!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 05-17-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

One day soon I'm going to create a journal to show my before & after photos or I should say my before & current cause I'm still a ways from an after shot.
Just have to find time! I've got one graduating high school next week so I'm a busy bee right now.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
13 pounds in 21 days is terrific! Anything in the 8-10 pound/ month range is doing great after the first month, so don't be discouraged if things slow down a little from now on. My TW was calculated as 154. Think my age of 63 and my highest ever weight of 255 figured into that a lot. I need to get to 145 to be at what the BMI scale considers normal wt., so I'm very close to that now. Lowest I've been since my mid 30's and finding if I can just stay away from sugar and grains 95% of the time it's not hard to maintain. Finding I can get by with eating some beans, nuts and 1-2 fruits daily with no problems. I also eat about a TB a day of coconut oil in my sugarfree chocolate treat.

Am growing a lot of vegetables this year in my garden. Found that I love Swiss Chard! Never ate it before. Here's how I cooked it a couple days ago.

Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in skillet and add some finely diced green onion and some minced garlic. Heat to just slightly brown, then add Sliced Swiss Chard. Use the stems and leaves both. You can add the stems first if you want to since they take a little longer to cook, but I like them crunchy, so added all at once. Stir and cook about 3-4 minutes or until the leaves get wilted and soft like cooked spinach. Top with a little balsalmic vinegar and sprinkle with Stevia or Splenda. Yummy. With a little cooked bacon or ham this would make a great all in one meal.
Hi Stilldews, that sounds delish. can you share your sugar free chocolate treat? I have been putting the zero cal zero carb choc syrup in the yogurt.... sometimes it cuts it, sometimes not! LOL
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote