Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Weight Watchers Points plus... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/769761-weight-watchers-points-plus.html)

ArdMaine 04-29-2012 08:11 AM

Weight Watchers Points plus...

Anyone else a WW member? How's it going for you? What are you eating?

I have been on their plan since January. It's going good...I could be doing better and feel that I might be getting into a rut. Eating too many processed treats.

The past few weeks I have been doing the simply filling plan. There's no tracking involved. You just eat "power foods" it's for all intents and purposes Low fat/Lower carb. Some Grains are allowed (Light english muffins, whole grain light bread, all bran, oatmeal ect) but it's mostly veggies, fruits, lean meats, protein and low fat dairy.

To prepare for the week I am making a batch of WW 0point veggie soup. I use fresh Kale in mine instead of spinach and it's wonderful!

ValR 04-29-2012 09:05 AM

I joined in January but didn't follow the plan. This past week I restarted it and am being honest about the "points" I've used and it's gone well so far. I'm trying to find the right combination of foods within my point values so that I don't feel hungry but it's starting to fall in place. I'm actually excited about weighing myself tomorrow.

ArdMaine 04-29-2012 10:34 AM

Awesome Val! The plan works, good luck!

BSRBoom 04-30-2012 04:54 AM

I joined on line a couple of weeks ago. My daughter and I are doing it together. So far I have lost 10 pounds and she lost 11! I think it works and haven't felt deprived so far:)

flatferenghi 05-03-2012 10:59 AM

I am following WW, and I will return to meetings at the end of June.

I use the points plus system to help me stay within a respectable daily quantity. Even on VLC, one is not likely to lose on 10,000 calories a day. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

srsmom 05-04-2012 06:21 AM

I am about to restart myself. (I am a Lifetime member). Have been eating low carb for about 8 weeks, but my portions are too large and I am not losing. Thinking that the weighing and measuring with WW will get me used to seeing what a portion should really be...I am out of that habit.

pennylovesdarren 05-04-2012 05:54 PM

Hi! I've been doing points plus again since the middle of March. I love the plan! It's so livable. I'm down nearly 20 lbs. I track like crazy and eat every 2-3 hours so I'm never hungry. I weigh, measure, and count everything.

Last weekend I even went to a local brewfest and was able to have some yummy beer and bbq. :up:

rotay60 05-05-2012 04:29 AM

Ok, so what if we get this thread rockin' since the other one kinda fizzled out? How would you all feel about posting our daily meals and weekly weigh-ins?

Iwantlessofme 05-05-2012 06:48 PM

I am considering ordering the 2011 weight watchers deluxe member kit. It includes: Complete Food Companion

Dining Out Companion

Ultimate 3 Month Tracker

Ready Set Go Cookbook

PointsPlus Electronic Calculator / Tracker (Not a Coupon!)

Free Bonus Pocket Guide

Would this give me all the info I need to get started properly? Do I need two kits if my husband and I both do it? Is there an "induction period", or do you just start? Are you all using a fair to large amount of the "free point" foods? Is there anything you think I would benefit from knowing? Anything you find strange or quirky? Sorry for all the questions I have never done weight watchers.

Thank you,
Mindy

Iwantlessofme 05-05-2012 08:22 PM

What about beer/wine/alcohol? Is this permitted through-out the program?

cabrioluvr 05-06-2012 04:54 AM

Wine and beer are allowed if you track the points!

rotay60 05-06-2012 05:07 AM

I don't think that there are a lot of changes from 2011 to 2012, but I would advise getting the latest info. If it is a matter of money, maybe go ahead and purchase, then check out ww's board for any differences. You don't need to purchase another package for your husband, unless you were planning to use ww's e-tools. I do believe that there are some free apps that you could download on smartphone that would suffice. "free foods" should be work into your plan, you will understand once you get into the program. Alcoholic beverages are allowed, you just need to plan ahead, so that you stay on program. If I were you, I would check out there site.

rotay60 05-06-2012 05:11 AM

My weigh in day is Friday , soI will post then
Yesterday:
B - light yogurt, mango, coffee, hwc
L - ground beef patty w/lettuce, tomato, mayo salad
D- tortilla chips, salsa, chicken taco salad, no shell, 3 lite beers

pennylovesdarren 05-06-2012 03:41 PM

Sounds good to me! My weigh ins are also on Friday.

B: WW Aloha bar 3pts
L: turkey burger (5) thomas light english muffin (3) 2% american sharp cheddar slice(1)
grilled onions, mushrooms 0, 27 Special K chips (3)=12pts
S: chocolate cookie (3)
fresh pineapple, mango, & strawberries 0
D: *not sure yet

and WATER WATER WATER!

16 points left out of 34 daily points

Iwantlessofme 05-06-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotay60 (Post 15634791)
I don't think that there are a lot of changes from 2011 to 2012, but I would advise getting the latest info. If it is a matter of money, maybe go ahead and purchase, then check out ww's board for any differences. You don't need to purchase another package for your husband, unless you were planning to use ww's e-tools. I do believe that there are some free apps that you could download on smartphone that would suffice. "free foods" should be work into your plan, you will understand once you get into the program. Alcoholic beverages are allowed, you just need to plan ahead, so that you stay on program. If I were you, I would check out there site.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mindy

rotay60 05-07-2012 05:31 AM

*their site, not there site. - oops

rotay60 05-07-2012 05:41 AM

Yesterday...
B -coffee, hwc, fiber one bar, later 2 pcs bacon, egg
L - late, gr beef patty in lettuce, tomato, Mayo salad
S- apple, blackberries, 1 oz fritos (bad)
3 beers

avonkimmer 05-08-2012 05:33 AM

Hi all! I'm so excited to find a low carb WW group. I've been a firm believer in low carb for 4 or 5 years. However, I have been quite unsuccessful in the last year. I'm determined to turn things around in 2012. I had minor surgery the first part of March, quit smoking (23 years) March 24, joined Zumba mid-April and joined WW a week ago. The weight is piling on faster than I can even say. I managed to gain 2 lbs while on WW this week, but I have some major water retention going on. (The kind where even flip flops are too tight) I am going to measure every morsel of food that goes into my mouth this week. Anyway, there's all about me for the moment. I am just thrilled to be among people who know the benefit of low carb while practicing WW!

rotay60 05-08-2012 09:55 AM

Welcome Avon. Glad that you are joining us. I am hoping that this board will take off, we shall see. I will post my food later. This is the first week that I finally made the commitment of doing a WW/ LC combo. I am actually seeing a difference on the scale, hope it keeps going in that direction. :).

rotay60 05-08-2012 02:16 PM

Yesterday
B- Egg, 4 oz yogurt
L - gr beef patty, salad
D- salad, grilled, blackened chicken, 1/2 baked potato, butter, o/v dressing
S- apple, blackberries

Today...so far
B- egg, yogurt
L - salad, chicken, ranch
S- bad.....1/2 piece ice cream cake for a bday celebration
D- not sure yet, maybe tuna salad

hockeymom 05-09-2012 04:34 AM

Hey - I'm here too.... I was on the other thread that fizzled out. I'll join you all...

I have weigh in tomorrow. I'm up this week and I'm not happy. But, I usually don't eat my weekly points and I ate about 29 of them this week. More important -- I ate a lot more carbs this week and I can feel it. So, it's my own fault.

Yesterday:
B - none
L - salad with lots of veggies, a tiny bit of feta cheese and o/v dressing (4 pts)
D - deviled egg, Low carb/low point tomato soup, salad with nuts/fruit (7 pts)
S - pretzels and hummus

Queeny 05-09-2012 12:05 PM

hi there! I joined online two months ago. I am down 2 sizes. I would love to join you all.

Queeny 05-09-2012 12:08 PM

My dd got me the WW kit for Points Plus and I love it. I love that most fruit and veggies are 0. It helps make less math and I love fruit and veggies and I don't overboard either.

I have discovered peanut butter powder in all it's glory. I like it better than regular peanut butter because you can make it creamier, it is low in calories and points and is so healthy for you. I don't use it often but it's good to have it.

Queeny 05-09-2012 12:12 PM

Scanda....I make the veggie soup too and make a batch for my dd as well as she is on this too. I have to take a break from it every now and then so I don't hate it. In the interim I buy the 1 point healthy smart veggie soup.

I confess I do use the WW frozen meals a lot and I know many say don't do that. I love the frozen turkey with dressing dinner and I love all of the breakfast choices.

Another thing I love is the packets of instant oatmeal with a sliced banana, only 3 points for one packet. It makes a great hot meal. Or the english muffin with peanut butter powder and banana slices yum!

Queeny 05-09-2012 12:13 PM

Oh sorry forgot one more thing. I don't weight myself because I become obsessed with the scale, so far I am going by clothing size only. I hope to continue measuring this way.

locarblady 05-09-2012 01:19 PM

I was wondering if you also track your carbs while doing the WW plan? I have signed up for the 3 month on - line plan - it's free to join until this weekend and I have so many friends doing this, so I thought I'd give it a try. I would love to try to keep the not so good carbs down - grains, sugar etc., but I love all the veggie options for zero points and all the fruits. I will keep to the lower carb fruits and hopefully will have as good a result as you've had!

Queeny 05-09-2012 01:56 PM

I keep my carb count low too. Low carb took 90 pounds off of me but did not get me to goal. I was shy of about 20 pounds. Needless to say because of that I quit low carb gained it all back and starting over yet again. I have a lot to lose. I know carbs do count but having said that I love my bananas and will still eat them. I limit myself to one slice of 45 calorie wheat bread a day and hardly ever have a potato.

rotay60 05-09-2012 04:35 PM

Wow Queeny, you are doing great. Keep it up. And welcome, we are just getting started here, so it is a great time to join in.

Lowcablady, I tracked points, calories, and carbs one day and that was enough for me. I track on WW e-tools and just keep it low/moderate carb. I have had 1 sandwich thin, and a 1/2 potato during the week, not planning on making those a daily habit.

This morning I had the sandwich thin with 1 tbs peanut butter and sliced banana, it was so good and filling. But, I usually only eat an apple or blackberries. I want to know about this peanut butter powder, where do you get it?

I have really been consistent with excising the last two weeks, and I really think that I am going to have a good weigh in on Friday. Crossing my fingers.

pennylovesdarren 05-09-2012 05:01 PM

I'm not doing LC WW but I'm loving it. This is how I eat so it's awesome to lose weight doing it. My weigh ins are Friday. I went out Saturday for Cinco de Mayo so it's not going to be my best week but I'm hoping to be down a pound or so.

B- WW aloha bar (3) baby bel light (1)
S-WW cinnamon things (2)
L-turkey burger w/sauteed veggies (5), thomas light english muffin (3) 1 slice sharp american cheese (1) fresh pineapple & mango 0
S-WW 2pt lemon bar (2) & 2 cookies (3)
D-4 oz. chicken breast (4) asparagus 0, .......not sure what else but I love being able to eat whatever I want.

Queeny 05-09-2012 06:24 PM

I got the peanut butter powder at my local health food store. I do believe netrition here sells it. I am on a Weight Watchers group in facebook and that is where I learned of it there. Right now I am forgetting the exact points. I will go look it up in a minute and post it.

I also wanted to mention about the new Special K products out there. They have crackers, chips, fruit crisps, and fruit bars all around 100 calories and from 2 to 3 points. All make wonderful snacks and taste delicious. I can post the exact points on each if anyone is interested.

Also the Skinny Bee Margarita speaking of Cinco De Mayo, is at Applebees and really good for a low cal drink only 100 points I gave it 3 points.