Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!
 
pennylovesdarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmom View Post
I totally did the self-sabotage thing this week, too.

Last week I lost 4 pounds and got cocky/lazy. Cheated several times this week, and was only down .2 of a pound at today's weigh in. serves me right.
Your two week average is GREAT though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Well, I stayed the same this week, and that is ok. Did I want a loss? Of course. Did I expect a loss? Not really. So..today begins a new week, hallelujah. I am going to try my best to spread my weeklies throughout the week rather than using them all up on the weekend.

So far..
B - fruit, coffee, cream
L - grilled Cajun chicken salad, full fat ranch, diet Coke w/lemon
S- fruit
D- grilled steak, baked potato, salad with full fat ranch, and light butter. By will count points for dressing and butter.
Your menu looks delicious!

My WI wasn't great. I was down a lb. I actually thought it would be better but I'll take it and be happy with my overall total of -21.6
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Lisa, I totally see your point. My company is paying for 1 year's fees and we have someone come into the company for our meetings. I'm not sure I would have paid for it on my own but...now I totally see that the initial sessions totally helped me understand the plan. They answer questions that may pertain to your personal situation - for example - I wasn't losing for a few weeks - turns out I wasn't eatting enough - seems strange but true. Another friend was eatting all her points and not losing - turns out for her she wasn't having enough fat in her diet. So, for that reason alone the cost of the meetings were worth it. Would you have to continue to go forever - no. If you go for a while and don't like it - stop going (only after you try other meeting days/places - a good leader is key).

Also, the etools have a community section and lots of good encouragement posts. This site is so helpful too. Either way - I'm finding this plan is something I can do for live. I try to stay LC so the cravings don't make me crazy. Like last night - I had a few wings and a few fries. Then I totally craved chocolate -so I had a few M&Ms. Ugh...put all within my daily points - so...I was happy and I'll move on. So - this is a 'life plan' - you can still have a good time and move on. With only LC I used to feel guilty and it would cause me to have a few days of binging.

Good luck - we're here to help you

Thank you for the feedback. I got my starter kit today in the mail, and I plan on starting on Monday. I think I will give it a go on my own for 2 weeks, and if I am having a hard time then I will sign up and go to a few meetings.

For me the bottom line right now is $$, and I can't see myself spending it to attend the meetings.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Why oh why....... ? I seem to do well on WW. I can have the occasional indulgence. I can have fruit, starchy carbs every now and then. I can have alcohol. It is very livable and doable. So....why do I find myself wishing that i could do low carb all the way? Is it the almonds, butter, ranch, mayo, full fat everything? I already do alot of those. (almonds rarely). Is it the pork rinds? Is it just wanting to be a part of that community? Is it that I think that woe is healthier? Is it all the negatives that I have read about eating carbs from the low carb group? Is it from being on the Atkins site? I am thankful that this site is more open to other ways of eating. Sometimes I get so jumbled in my brain. Sometimes I get so tired of thinking about it, but just can't seem to turn my thoughts off. Anybody else ever feel this way? What is wrong with me? I know that WW works, it has for me in the past. But does it work just for weight loss or is it actually healthy? I used to think it was healthy, now..not so sure. Geeezzzz, any thoughts out there? Sorry for all the venting. I hope that I am not discouraging anybody, just expressing what my mind does to me. Thanks for reading.

Ok, so after reading over this, I am thinking....are you crazy? If WW works for you, why in the world would you want to go with something that is so much more restrictive? Everyone says that you have to find what works for you, and obviously, I have. I just have to remember that on WW I can adapt it to fit a higher fat, higher carb, higher protein, or lower fat, lower carb, lower protein. I guess that I just need to quit reading so much about low carbing, and as long as my weight is going in the right direction, and my health is ok, embrace what WW is doing for me. . See....I told you that I was a nut case.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!
 
srsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 9,449
Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
No, you are not crazy.

I really like doing both Atkins and WW. They both work, and both have their advantages.

I love the full fat freedom with Atkins, and the fact that I never have to weigh or measure anything. If it is on the induction list, or a berry, I am pretty much good to go. If I do not overeat, I lose.

Atkins also offers the health benefit to me of reduced inflammation. I have been back on WW for two weeks, and my arthritis is already flaring from the grains in both my hands and feet.

My total cholesterol increases on Atkins, but my cardiac risk (through the ratio) goes down.

But WW has advantages, too. Last night I had two slices of Papa John's pizza...14 points and completely on plan. I like that freedom. I can eat anything I desire, as long as it is weighed/measured/counted.

I think that, for me, the best of both worlds would be to do WW points, but with lower carb foods. I do not handle grains well. This morning I had a teaspoon of coconut oil (1 point) with my coffee. I have been trying to eat fresh fruits and veggies daily. No one is holding a gun to my head to eat processed, refined products, though I do find them tasty and convenient (and therefore tempting!!!).

We just have to go through our days/weeks and make the best food choices we can, whichever plan we choose.
__________________
8-1-08:Chest40.5Waist 38,Hip 43, thigh 24.5, arm 12.5
"If you guys are imaginary, then I am happily residing in a fantasy world."...Chipmunkis
For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

GOALS:1. Eat only foods that are healthy fuel for my body. 2. Eat only until no longer hungry. Satisfied, not full.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!
 
pennylovesdarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Why oh why....... ? I seem to do well on WW. I can have the occasional indulgence. I can have fruit, starchy carbs every now and then. I can have alcohol. It is very livable and doable. So....why do I find myself wishing that i could do low carb all the way? Is it the almonds, butter, ranch, mayo, full fat everything? I already do alot of those. (almonds rarely). Is it the pork rinds? Is it just wanting to be a part of that community? Is it that I think that woe is healthier? Is it all the negatives that I have read about eating carbs from the low carb group? Is it from being on the Atkins site? I am thankful that this site is more open to other ways of eating. Sometimes I get so jumbled in my brain. Sometimes I get so tired of thinking about it, but just can't seem to turn my thoughts off. Anybody else ever feel this way? What is wrong with me? I know that WW works, it has for me in the past. But does it work just for weight loss or is it actually healthy? I used to think it was healthy, now..not so sure. Geeezzzz, any thoughts out there? Sorry for all the venting. I hope that I am not discouraging anybody, just expressing what my mind does to me. Thanks for reading.

Ok, so after reading over this, I am thinking....are you crazy? If WW works for you, why in the world would you want to go with something that is so much more restrictive? Everyone says that you have to find what works for you, and obviously, I have. I just have to remember that on WW I can adapt it to fit a higher fat, higher carb, higher protein, or lower fat, lower carb, lower protein. I guess that I just need to quit reading so much about low carbing, and as long as my weight is going in the right direction, and my health is ok, embrace what WW is doing for me. . See....I told you that I was a nut case.
no you aren't crazy! I WW + but I miss being able to use as much butter or mayo as I want. However, in saying that, I didn't lose weight easily or regularly unless I restricted calories so essentially I could do LC/WW if I wanted. I don't believe that eating all the fat you want is good for your body even if you do cut carbs way back or eliminate them completely. I never felt good eating low low carb and I was no more full eating calorie restricted lc than I am now. Now if I'm hungry eating the extra fruit is 100% okay. Or if I want the Hostess snowball it's okay too. It's not a healthy choice but sometimes its what I want to eat so I do. Plus I like to have a drink sometime and I don't want to worry about it. I believe that WW+ can successfully, like you said, adapt to any desired way of eating. I think you might be over thinking it because WW+ is so easy. It can be whatever you want it to be. It can be LC one day and then chips & salsa the next! Keep on truckin'! Just my opinion with no offense intended!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Thanks for all the responses. I am so glad that I am not crazy after all (about this anyway)



I felt very cheated trying low carb, because I was one of the people who had to track calories also. So, in my mind, I thought "well if I have to keep up with all that, I might as well do WW". That was probably THE main thing that led me to even look at low carb-the idea that I didn't have to track. Oh well, it is what is is. I do believe that I will stick with WW, because I can adapt my plan to be Low carb, low fat, low calorie. And I am going to try to stop over thinking it. Don't worry, be happy, right.

Thanks again for all the input. You guys are great.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
I have a question and hope it makes sense. When you calculate the points of a recipe, how do you all do it?

Lets say the recipe has onion and celery, 0 point foods in it. Do you not include those in your total and only calculate the foods with points?

My thinking is, if I plug an entire recipe into a program that calculates the nutritional value per serving (I don't mean ww program I mean like Mastercook) , it will include those 0 point foods in the grand totals. Then from those totals I would use my ww calculator to find out the points value.

I am just thinking of all my recipes I like. I do not know the point values of, and I am thinking of the best way to calculate points.

Would it be bad if I did calculate the points based on the total recipe, and not taking out the 0 point foods?

Also, I am thinking it wouldn't be too bad, because if you use the information from a restaurant's website to calculate the points, you would have no idea every ingredient if it is a 0 point food and etc.
__________________
~Lisa~
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Lisa, Everyone will have a different opinion on this. I have used the WW site to put in recipes and they would calculate those items to 0 pts. But, I have used other sites (***********) to calculate carbs, calories, etc - then it's important to include them. Then, I just use that to calculate the points - it might be a little higher doing that but I would rather use the higher number when tracking my points.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!
 
pennylovesdarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post



P.S. I find my cravings are reduced when all food choices are acceptable - just eat as healthy as possible.
Me too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I am so glad that I am not crazy after all (about this anyway)



I felt very cheated trying low carb, because I was one of the people who had to track calories also. So, in my mind, I thought "well if I have to keep up with all that, I might as well do WW". That was probably THE main thing that led me to even look at low carb-the idea that I didn't have to track. Oh well, it is what is is. I do believe that I will stick with WW, because I can adapt my plan to be Low carb, low fat, low calorie. And I am going to try to stop over thinking it. Don't worry, be happy, right.

Thanks again for all the input. You guys are great.
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Lisa, Everyone will have a different opinion on this. I have used the WW site to put in recipes and they would calculate those items to 0 pts. But, I have used other sites (***********) to calculate carbs, calories, etc - then it's important to include them. Then, I just use that to calculate the points - it might be a little higher doing that but I would rather use the higher number when tracking my points.
Thanks for the reply!
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Ok, where is everybody? So, here is a question...how many activity points are you guys earning? I am about 2 a day. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week. I usually switch working upper then lower body. I do Zumba at least once a week, and power (weights) about 2 times. Some days, if I don't go to gym, I will walk on treadmill at least 30 minutes at home. However, I started my 3000 mgs of antibiotics on Sunday, and they are messing with a bit, so I am just chillin tonight. By the way, in case you are wondering where I get the time...I only work 3 days a week.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Is ok not to eat all of your points? Today was my first day, and I couldn't eat all my points. I get 37 but only managed around 30.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!
 
pennylovesdarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok, where is everybody? So, here is a question...how many activity points are you guys earning? I am about 2 a day. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week. I usually switch working upper then lower body. I do Zumba at least once a week, and power (weights) about 2 times. Some days, if I don't go to gym, I will walk on treadmill at least 30 minutes at home. However, I started my 3000 mgs of antibiotics on Sunday, and they are messing with a bit, so I am just chillin tonight. By the way, in case you are wondering where I get the time...I only work 3 days a week.
AWESOME job working out! I'm going to "ignore" the how many activity points am I earning because the answer isn't good. I'll let somebody else answer it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Is ok not to eat all of your points? Today was my first day, and I couldn't eat all my points. I get 37 but only managed around 30.
Do your best to eat them all! I know it's hard at first but you'll have to eat every few hours unless you eat higher point food. I generally have 7-9 each for breakfast and lunch then a couple of 2-3 point snacks, and then 9 or 10 for dinner and then 2-4 for dessert. I try to plan my meals the night before so that I don't have a hard time in the morning trying to figure out what I'm going to eat. I just cook whatever and then pack it up. My husband texts me in the afternoon to see what I want for dinner and then it's ready when I get home. The only thing left is to chose my dessert! I get 34 points.
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Lisa, sthis is where you can eat your higher or lite fat items...butter, dressing, dairy, bacon, etc. you do really need to eat all your points. You just need to do a little planning.
Have a great day everybody.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
I think my problem was I slept in yesterday so I did not have a "proper" breakfast that would have taken up my other points. But so far so good. I should not of gotten on the scale this morning. I am plus 1 pound from yesterday. So I will only weigh from now on Mondays, which I have dedicated to my weigh-in days.

I made my own spreadsheet to record all my food and points.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
it does require a little planning which is why I sometimes don't get all my points in some day. but, if I'm full - I'm full. I have never ever been a breakfast person so I split them up between lunch/dinner and a few for a dessert/snack. You also don't want to force yourself to eat. My advice - and it's hard for me to admit - if I eat all my points each day - I have lost more weight. Strange - but true.

Well - I've good this week on points - not so much on low carb - only dipped into my weekly points once this week - it was a big dip but the rest of the week I've been good. So....tomorrow is weigh in day. It will be interesting to see what happens when I have more carbs then I usually eat.

Exercise -- oh I need more exercise - but I am golfing tonight. I need to get into a better exercise routine. I have some travel coming up for work so not sure how I'll manage - need to think about that.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Can I ask all of you on WW, if your first week you saw a lot of weight loss, or have you seen a more gradual reduction?
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
My first week on SFT was higher than normal. I can't remember the exact #, somewhere between 3-4 lbs. Otherwise .2 - 2ish. I never has a big swoosh, even when I tried low carb.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Ok I just realized something....I tend to binge when I am tired. Since I got home, I have had some almonds and a few potato chips. What is up with that. I have to weigh in on Friday.
I am having grilled fish tonight with a salad probably. I am just so freakin tired. I haven't had a sleep through the night in about a week.

Boy, am I whiny tonight or what....sorry guys.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Can I ask all of you on WW, if your first week you saw a lot of weight loss, or have you seen a more gradual reduction?
I have maybe .5 lb more than the second week but I have been gradual in the loss. Some of my group had a big loss in the 3rd week for some reason.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok I just realized something....I tend to binge when I am tired. Since I got home, I have had some almonds and a few potato chips. What is up with that. I have to weigh in on Friday.
I am having grilled fish tonight with a salad probably. I am just so freakin tired. I haven't had a sleep through the night in about a week.

Boy, am I whiny tonight or what....sorry guys.

Same here - when I'm tired it's like my brain turned off. I just got home from golf and saw my kids had a pizza box --- I peeked in there and thought I could have a little piece of a slice....what the heck is that about....I quickly put the leftovers away and had them take out the box. Tomorrow is weigh-in day.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tina1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,709
Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Sorry. I keep popping in and out. I was really struggling trying to do low-carb and WW together, so I'm doing more WW, just trying to cut down on carbs a bit. I felt so restricted! You ladies are right in that WW is very adaptable. You can fit it into any lifestyle you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Can I ask all of you on WW, if your first week you saw a lot of weight loss, or have you seen a more gradual reduction?
I was doing LC and had lost about 10 pounds just before starting WW, I actually gained my 1st week on WW. I believe it's because I re-introduced carbs and my body reacted by a gain. If you are not doing any type of plan before starting WW, you can see a pretty big loss that first week ith water weight.

As for AP, I get 2-4 a day.
__________________
~~Tina ~~

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member
 
LiRoGe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 211
Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you all for your answers.

I am coming from LC to WW. Towards the end I realized I liked carbs too much to completely get rid of them. So now I am keeping it within reason.

I have another question lol Sorry I seem to be full of them.

When you all have a meal. Do you go by portion size or ww points? I mean, assuming you weigh things and etc. Lets say a portion size of meat is 3oz, so you still do just the 3 oz, or do you eat lets say 6oz at one sitting, and just calculate the points for it subtract it from your daily point allowance?
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Lisa, I would say that I probably do your second option. When planning, I still look at the points per ounce, etc,so that I have a guideline. I don't think that they are telling you to only have so many ounces of meat, they are just saying that there are this # of points for that measurement of meat. I hope that makes sense. For me, I might have a cup of veggies vs. half cup = 2 servings. Also, my meat servings would probably be between 3 - 6 ounces. And, since I am trying to follow simply filling, I try to listen to my body and not over eat.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #205
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hello, may I join? I just started WW this week. Thanks, Meek
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Meek, sure c'mon and join us. Post often. Share a bit about yourself if you don't mind, like....which plan are you following, meetings, on-line only, goals, height, etc.

Welcome!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Hello Meek!! Welcome!!

Today was weigh-in day - down 1.5 lbs. I'm so happy with that. I had a few more carbs this week so I was worried but I did it in one day and have been good the rest of the week. Today at our work meeting we all had great success. That was a good week!!! We celebrated by going out to lunch (something we never do) and we kept each other on plan (I love that we can all support each other).

I have to plan for my weekend and go to the grocery store. We'll go out to dinner this weekend so I need to start thinking about that - I'll do better if I plan. How's everyone's plans for the weekend? Let's try to stay on plan -- we can do this.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!
 
pennylovesdarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Can I ask all of you on WW, if your first week you saw a lot of weight loss, or have you seen a more gradual reduction?
I think my first week was 3 lbs. Since then between .4 and 2 lbs. Slow and steady!



Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok I just realized something....I tend to binge when I am tired. Since I got home, I have had some almonds and a few potato chips. What is up with that. I have to weigh in on Friday.
I am having grilled fish tonight with a salad probably. I am just so freakin tired. I haven't had a sleep through the night in about a week.

Boy, am I whiny tonight or what....sorry guys.
Not whiny, just tired. I'm the same way. Throw my period in and I'm a mess! My weigh in is tomorrow too. I'm hoping for a good one. We'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Thank you all for your answers.

I am coming from LC to WW. Towards the end I realized I liked carbs too much to completely get rid of them. So now I am keeping it within reason.

I have another question lol Sorry I seem to be full of them.

When you all have a meal. Do you go by portion size or ww points? I mean, assuming you weigh things and etc. Lets say a portion size of meat is 3oz, so you still do just the 3 oz, or do you eat lets say 6oz at one sitting, and just calculate the points for it subtract it from your daily point allowance?
I usually eat between 4-6 oz. of protein too. Sometimes a serving size is too small and I want more so I just calculate the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hello, may I join? I just started WW this week. Thanks, Meek
Welcome Meek!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Hello Meek!! Welcome!!

Today was weigh-in day - down 1.5 lbs. I'm so happy with that. I had a few more carbs this week so I was worried but I did it in one day and have been good the rest of the week. Today at our work meeting we all had great success. That was a good week!!! We celebrated by going out to lunch (something we never do) and we kept each other on plan (I love that we can all support each other).

I have to plan for my weekend and go to the grocery store. We'll go out to dinner this weekend so I need to start thinking about that - I'll do better if I plan. How's everyone's plans for the weekend? Let's try to stay on plan -- we can do this.
Excellent WI! Mine's tomorrow and I'm hoping it is as good
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Great job Hockeymom.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Ok guys, I'm shifting again......I can't help it, everything that i read leads me to low carb for health, so this is what I am going to attempt this week (since today is my weigh in day).. By the way, I was the same again, so didn't go for "official" weigh in. Had too many off plan meals.

I am going to lean toward all low carb, but track points along with carbs for a week. This might actually take more than a week for conclusive results, but this is where I am going to start. I say that I am doing a mixture of the plan, but really? When I think about points, for instance, when plainf creamer in my coffee...l/c says HWC, WW says ff1/2 and 1/2, now which one do you think that I am going to choose? Well i will choose the no points, of course. Problem is when you take out fat, you replace with sugar (we all know this). I am thinking that if I use the real things, then maybe I will have satisfaction??? Good grief, I just don't know. I do love the flexibility of WW, but not sure that I am handling very healthfully. Maybe I just take too many liberties? I know that I can lose the weight with WW, just don't know about the health issues. Oh well, he I go again. Sorry for the back and forth stuff, I know that I am driving my husband crazy, and probably you all too. Just wanted to confess what i am going through. Continued success to all.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.