Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #1921
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Carol Anne, so sorry about husband's job, hopes he finds something soon. You are correct, you can do this. I know that you will miss your meetings, it is like you become a family
We will do our best to support you. We just gotta get this board more active, ya know? Best of luck to ya!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #1922
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Carol Anne, so sorry about husband's job, hopes he finds something soon. You are correct, you can do this. I know that you will miss your meetings, it is like you become a family
We will do our best to support you. We just gotta get this board more active, ya know? Best of luck to ya!
Thanks so much And YES we do need to get this board going!!! I will try myself to post more and do my part. I really will have to lean on my WW buddies here
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #1923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 2008
New Weight Watcher Plan

Every year Weight Watchers comes out with a little tweek to the previous plan has any one heard of what it will be this year? I don't go to my meeting until Wednesday morning. I honestley don't see how they can improve it from what it is now. I know that not tracking was my down fall on my weight loss. I track every single BLT I take and see a huge difference. Hope you all have a great day!
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #1924
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbertas View Post
Every year Weight Watchers comes out with a little tweek to the previous plan has any one heard of what it will be this year? I don't go to my meeting until Wednesday morning. I honestley don't see how they can improve it from what it is now. I know that not tracking was my down fall on my weight loss. I track every single BLT I take and see a huge difference. Hope you all have a great day!
Well, I haven't thoroughly researched it yet, but it is the Simple Start plan centering around the power foods. I think it's just a simpler way for people to get started without being overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure it is a two-week period consisting of power foods and no tracking. I'll delve into it deeper later today and see if I can get more info.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #1925
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi everyone!!! I'm Cle

I'm back on weight watchers! I lost 60lbs with it this year and I took a break on medical leave. Now I'm back and excited.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #1926
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
Start Date: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Well, I haven't thoroughly researched it yet, but it is the Simple Start plan centering around the power foods. I think it's just a simpler way for people to get started without being overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure it is a two-week period consisting of power foods and no tracking. I'll delve into it deeper later today and see if I can get more info.
I was thinking it was somthing simple like this as my leader did post a few pictures of her meals online and they all seemed to be focused on Power foods. For instance her breakfast was scrambled egg with broccalli, and onions.
I hae been getting in more Power foods myself since I saw her posts on FB. I printed up the list from WW.com and posted it to the side of my refrigerator.
I use to play around wiith WW for 9 years until the last 6 months or so, I got serious and the weight really does come off as long as we follow the plan! Had I of done that from the beginning I would be at life time by now.
Hope you have a great day,
Alberta
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #1927
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hi everyone!!! I'm Cle

I'm back on weight watchers! I lost 60lbs with it this year and I took a break on medical leave. Now I'm back and excited.
to our little thread. I was on WW a few years ago and went to low carb. I got tired of that and now I'm back again.

I was just wondering, how does everybody track? What's the consensus on the app? Is it worth it, or is pen and paper the way to go?

One more thing, but have they tweaked their activity point system lately? Their descriptions on the old system are too vague. They rely on sweating and being out of breath as the barometer of how hard you're working, but those 2 things don't always come with working out. Like weight training in cold weather for example. No sweat and no panting, either. But it sure as heck is exercise. So how do they want us to count that? I usually count it as "medium" and go on.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #1928
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
to our little thread. I was on WW a few years ago and went to low carb. I got tired of that and now I'm back again.

I was just wondering, how does everybody track? What's the consensus on the app? Is it worth it, or is pen and paper the way to go?

One more thing, but have they tweaked their activity point system lately? Their descriptions on the old system are too vague. They rely on sweating and being out of breath as the barometer of how hard you're working, but those 2 things don't always come with working out. Like weight training in cold weather for example. No sweat and no panting, either. But it sure as heck is exercise. So how do they want us to count that? I usually count it as "medium" and go on.
Thanks for the welcome! I track via app. It's just easier for me.

On the app on my phone, it awards points for every type of workout. They did a great job with points plus!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #1929
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbertas View Post

I was thinking it was somthing simple like this as my leader did post a few pictures of her meals online and they all seemed to be focused on Power foods. For instance her breakfast was scrambled egg with broccalli, and onions.
I hae been getting in more Power foods myself since I saw her posts on FB. I printed up the list from WW.com and posted it to the side of my refrigerator.
I use to play around wiith WW for 9 years until the last 6 months or so, I got serious and the weight really does come off as long as we follow the plan! Had I of done that from the beginning I would be at life time by now.
Hope you have a great day,
Alberta
I've heard there is no change to the plan itself. Just the two weeks for people who need it to be scripted and simple so they can follow.

Danica's Daily

From the site:

Happy Sunday all! This morning I couldn’t wait to head out to my Weight Watchers meeting and get my hands on the new 2014 Weight Watcher program materials. I have been anxiously awaiting this years update because I knew it involved a spin on Simply Filling with the new Weight Watchers Simple Start Program. There are so many cool things about Simple Start including a new Weight Watchers Simple Start Mobile App that actually works great (dare I say better than the original app). It’s OK ~ I am a technology/Weight Watchers “Geek” and can totally admit it lol!

Before I jump into sharing my thoughts, I want to say, nothing is changing about the Weight Watchers Program in 2014.

It’s still the same program whether you are counting points+ or following the Simply Filing Technique….they’ve just added to their tool kit to help you become more successful at creating a healthy lifestyle!

Simple Start is very similar to the old Kick Start Program that Weight Watchers offered several years ago when they had the Momentum Program….you may remember my posts about it back in 2009 when I decided to Kick Start things for a week. The Kick Start Program was a one week pre-planned menu tailored towards those counting points, while Simple Start is a two week plan geared toward those who want to venture out, learn more and try the Simply Filling Technique.
Phil 1:21 For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity] Amplified

Fataholic on a Mission!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #1930
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
Start Date: restart December 2013
I am so thrilled to find y'all and I would love to be a part of this group. I've been doing low carb for yrs now with no real success mostly because I can't do it for the long haul. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I've done WW before and then get to seeing what others are doing something else and then decide to try what they are doing. I can't do this any more. I want something that is healthy and doable for life. I've seen some women at church who are looking great and although I haven't asked them, I know they are on Weight Watchers. Had one church lady tell me that she believed that WW was the best way to lose weight that she had ever seen. She look great.

I've been reading the new book The Daniel Plan co-authors Rick Warren, Drs. Amen and Hymen and their book convinced me of the importance of losing weight. Example, did you know your brain gets smaller as you gain weight? Dr. Amen talks about what he calls "brain envy" and that we need to eat to protect our brain. I've been eating fairly healthy until the holidays, but then didn't eat off too much. I was having problems with portion control. The about a week ago, I got a Weight Watcher's invitation to come back to WW online with a 50% discount for joining for 3 months. So I took it and signed up. I saw the Simple Start and am registered for it, but I don't think I'm going to need it. I am centering in more on the Power foods and trying some new veggies and finding that I love them. I love the idea of the 0 pts foods and it makes it so much easier to plan a meal especially soups etc. I'm having a ball learning to cook healthier and lower pts. Gives me hope that this time I will be successful. I'm enjoying reading some of y'all recipes on this site as well.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #1931
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I am so thrilled to find y'all and I would love to be a part of this group. I've been doing low carb for yrs now with no real success mostly because I can't do it for the long haul. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I've done WW before and then get to seeing what others are doing something else and then decide to try what they are doing. I can't do this any more. I want something that is healthy and doable for life. I've seen some women at church who are looking great and although I haven't asked them, I know they are on Weight Watchers. Had one church lady tell me that she believed that WW was the best way to lose weight that she had ever seen. She look great.

I've been reading the new book The Daniel Plan co-authors Rick Warren, Drs. Amen and Hymen and their book convinced me of the importance of losing weight. Example, did you know your brain gets smaller as you gain weight? Dr. Amen talks about what he calls "brain envy" and that we need to eat to protect our brain. I've been eating fairly healthy until the holidays, but then didn't eat off too much. I was having problems with portion control. The about a week ago, I got a Weight Watcher's invitation to come back to WW online with a 50% discount for joining for 3 months. So I took it and signed up. I saw the Simple Start and am registered for it, but I don't think I'm going to need it. I am centering in more on the Power foods and trying some new veggies and finding that I love them. I love the idea of the 0 pts foods and it makes it so much easier to plan a meal especially soups etc. I'm having a ball learning to cook healthier and lower pts. Gives me hope that this time I will be successful. I'm enjoying reading some of y'all recipes on this site as well.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.
Hi
Old 01-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #1932
Senior LCF Member

Patty!

Well, I threw in the towel over the Christmas holiday. I've been off work since December 24th and I go back January 2nd. Being at home makes me want to eat more and with the glorious food I cooked for my husband and daughter calling me, I just ate and ate. I wish I didn't love my cooking so much I don't even regret it. I know that this is a once a year thing. I enjoy the holiday meal and leftovers, and I am going to eat it. Yes, according to my scale I've packed on 10 lbs, but I also put on some weight at Thanksgiving and got all but a pound off afterwards, so I'm really not worried. It is January 1st and I'm on track once again. I do dread the meeting weigh-in next Wednesday, but it is what it is. Even with the Christmas gain I am so much smaller than this time last year. I started WW on January 2nd last year and I've gone from a size 20 jeans in women's (which would probably equate to a 22 in regular misses if there was such a size) to a regular 14. I can't complain

Some WW related resolutions I have made are to cut back on the diet Pepsi. I drink almost a 2-liter bottle a day. Bad, bad, bad....I've ordered a 16 oz infuser cup that you can put fruit into the center cylinder and naturally flavor your water. It should be here Friday. I sure hope that helps. I detest drinking water. Also, I'm going to work exercise into my daily routine no matter how many hours I work a day. I'm also going to give up my weekly fast food meal. I don't need that junk.

C'mon WW peeps....let's make the new year a positive one, then this time next year we will enjoy the progress we have made! Progress is progress no matter how big or small

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
Old 01-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #1933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
I'm a life time WW member, and need to lose about 10 lbs more to get back to my WW goal weight. Had a Merry Christmas and gained big time these last 2 months

So today I pulled out my tracker and all my books to get things going. My DH will be doing this with me or should I say I will be doing all the work and he gets to lose the weight.

Should we start a new thread for the new year?

Can't wait to get to know every one and hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #1934
I'm his Princess

Yes to the new thread!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #1935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
Start Date: restart December 2013
Hi Everyone and thanks for the Welcome. I too gained during the holidays, but my goal was to start the New Year at what I was before the holiday eating started. Today was my WI and I'm thrilled to say that I not only made my goal but I even went lower with a 5 lb loss for the past week since Christmas. I know most of it was water weight, but hey a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

I had been doing low carb the past year and only lost 7 or 8 lbs since April. I'm hoping and expecting better results in 2014 with WW. I have to say that I am really enjoying eating the carbs. I'm not overboard as I still have to be careful them, but I really don't have problems with them as I'm using more Power Foods in my woe which really helps.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #1936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
Hi Everyone and thanks for the Welcome. I too gained during the holidays, but my goal was to start the New Year at what I was before the holiday eating started. Today was my WI and I'm thrilled to say that I not only made my goal but I even went lower with a 5 lb loss for the past week since Christmas. I know most of it was water weight, but hey a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

I had been doing low carb the past year and only lost 7 or 8 lbs since April. I'm hoping and expecting better results in 2014 with WW. I have to say that I am really enjoying eating the carbs. I'm not overboard as I still have to be careful them, but I really don't have problems with them as I'm using more Power Foods in my woe which really helps.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

great job. My meetings are on Tuesday.

I don't know how to start a new thread. If some one can do it that would be great.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #1937
I'm his Princess

January thread

Created a new thread! Let's make 2014 our year!!!!!