Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #1861
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Hey jmc305!! How's you WW's LC style going?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #1862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey jmc305!! How's you WW's LC style going?
Thanks for asking! I think my altered formula will work....I just haven't actually tried it yet. I have (once again) become very sugar addicted. Lots of Halloween candy laying around the house and I just can't seem to stay out of it!!! I will try to start counting points next week and let you know how my modified plan works.

Have any of you heard of/tried "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross? She uses amino acid supplementation to (supposedly) help with cravings. Her book is a confusing mess to read, flipping back and forth between chapters to get everything. I wrote it all down and the few times I have taken the pills, I think it works. I just can't seem to remember to take all my supplements.

How is it going for you, Blonde?
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #1863
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emilyb
So, I am reading this and wondering what exactly is WW LC?
I have been struggling on WW, not meeting my points goal one day and going way over the next and really do need to limit my carbs because of diabetes.
Thanks.
emilyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
Thanks for asking! I think my altered formula will work....I just haven't actually tried it yet. I have (once again) become very sugar addicted. Lots of Halloween candy laying around the house and I just can't seem to stay out of it!!! I will try to start counting points next week and let you know how my modified plan works.

Yeah sugar addiction....Halloween is tough, so many good things around. Might I suggest that you count your points now, all them? Don't wait til next week, start today. Eat sugar if you want but do count the points. Why? Sometimes it's not as bad as you thought, and other times it will help you curtail it a little. It's okay, you know you're in a sugar freak out, so why not be accountable anyway? It will help, I promise.

Have any of you heard of/tried "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross? She uses amino acid supplementation to (supposedly) help with cravings. Her book is a confusing mess to read, flipping back and forth between chapters to get everything. I wrote it all down and the few times I have taken the pills, I think it works. I just can't seem to remember to take all my supplements.

I haven't heard of this one, but I have read many many many (ad nauseum) diet books. I have a library full. My biggest problem is consistency. No matter what diet I follow it always removes something I love and eventually can't do without, I fall off and gain the weight back. WW is going to help me be moderate and know that I can have anything I want...just not all at the same time.

How is it going for you, Blonde?
Do you ever have something yummy on your weigh in day? Last night I had Panda Express.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyb View Post
So, I am reading this and wondering what exactly is WW LC?
I have been struggling on WW, not meeting my points goal one day and going way over the next and really do need to limit my carbs because of diabetes.
Thanks.

Hi Emily! I think JMC needs to answer that one as to the exact woe, but it's counting points while doing low carb. If you have diabetes I'll bet you have a set amount of carbs for the day. Tracking and hitting your points is a learning curve, don't give up. Keep tracking even if you know you went way over. For me, tracking keeps me from completely going off the grid when I know I've over done it. It also gives me some 'exercise goals" to hit when I need to get back some 'extra points', like taking walk to remove some guilt. It's good to see you here. Come back again okay?

As I said, I had some yummy Panda Express for dinner. That is one of ways of having something good while not putting my plan in jeopardy. Do YOU have something special every week?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #1865
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emilyb
I will try to check back often. Me and my computer have a love hate relationship.
My doctor wants be to do 40 carbs a day total but I know I go over. On a good day I am under 100 but not low enough for him.
Thanks for responding.
emilyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #1866
Senior LCF Member

Those are all good suggestions, Blonde. I guess since I have to do every calculation by hand, I'm putting it off a bit. As I calculate foods, I am putting them in my calorie counting software, but things like casseroles and soups can get a bit confusing with the multiple ingredients.

The Diet Cure is interesting. I've had it for a while but I can't seem to be consistent with it. She says there is basically depleted brain chemicals that cause us to crave sweets (and the rush of endorphins that accompany it). She says that certain amino acids can be used to replenish the brain chemicals and then we won't need the sugar. Hope that made sense.

Emily, "LC WW" is just something I made up, but I believe it has potential. The WW formula still gives more "weight" to high fat foods than high carb foods. To me, this is backwards. So i swap the values for carbs and fat in the formula. So something that is mostly fat will go down in points. Something that is mostly carbs will go up. And things that are a combination of both fat and carbs (like a cheeseburger) will stay the same. Will it work? I can't make any promises, but it makes sense, at least to me.

Of course, you could just count regular points and stick to low carb foods without changing the formula. I was tired of being penalized so heavily for a pat of butter while I could eat a boatload of Rice Krispie treats. It seemed backwards, so I modified it.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #1867
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Hey everyone! to all the newbie to our thread and I look forward to seeing your posts for suggestions, ideas and successes!!

Scale was nice to me this morning, .8 pounds loss for the week and that makes me My weight loss is slow but it's been painless so far in the way I eat meaning I eat everything I have wanted and I'm still losing PLUS I am not binging anymore! This is HUGH for me and I'll take the slow loss just to keep the NO binging!!

I have read all the posts and I think the WW LC is very interesting! As far as taking supplements for cravings I not sure if that works when it's "head hungry" (like mine") and not a chemical craving of some kind for carbs, sugar, etc. I take supplements like fish oil, vitamin, D3 and a probiotic but that is it. I have found that any WOE that requires me to do anything "out of the normal" causes binging for me....not fun at all! WWPPs is the only WOE I have found in more than a year that is keeping the binge monster at bay!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and have a great week!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-27-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #1868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi to all! Checking in, had a great weekend! Over points for sure, but there was this wedding......we had a blast.

Looking forward to a good "on point" week with birthday celebrations (not mine) coming up this weekend....starting on Thursday. Do I have a plan? Yep, stay on point all week, do extra 'activities', keep alcohol to a minimum and pick and choose my treats. Halloween is upon us! I try very hard to avoid sugars if I can, it seems to set me off on a bad track rather quickly...that being said, traps abound on Halloween. Who doesn't love a Kit Kat?

Beeb congrats on the loss! Slow and steady wins the race!

JMC, you are so brave with the 'new' way of counting points...I have enough trouble getting the so-called 'easy' way done.

Emilyb~ Hang in there with the carb counting. You'll get it down and feel much better for it.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #1869
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Hi checking in, Had a very productive weekend. I moved a week ago, the 25th would have been our 38th wedding anniversary, so I took the day off from work. Got 3/4 of my unpacking done. Stayed VERY busy all day. As a plus I lost 2.7 last week.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #1870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cathy I can't imagine how hard your anniversary date must have been. I'm glad you got a lot accomplished and for sure congrats on the loss. 2.7 is a good drop! I'm really glad you're checking in!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy25306 View Post
Hi checking in, Had a very productive weekend. I moved a week ago, the 25th would have been our 38th wedding anniversary, so I took the day off from work. Got 3/4 of my unpacking done. Stayed VERY busy all day. As a plus I lost 2.7 last week.
and you did such a good thing for yourself by keeping busy! It helps, but only time can heal. Congrats on the move, excited for you new adventure and chapter in life and can't wait to hear all about it!

OMG....2.7 pounds!! I'm jealous! WTG and what an inspiration!!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #1872
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi to all! Checking in, had a great weekend! Over points for sure, but there was this wedding......we had a blast.

Looking forward to a good "on point" week with birthday celebrations (not mine) coming up this weekend....starting on Thursday. Do I have a plan? Yep, stay on point all week, do extra 'activities', keep alcohol to a minimum and pick and choose my treats. Halloween is upon us! I try very hard to avoid sugars if I can, it seems to set me off on a bad track rather quickly...that being said, traps abound on Halloween. Who doesn't love a Kit Kat?

Beeb congrats on the loss! Slow and steady wins the race!

JMC, you are so brave with the 'new' way of counting points...I have enough trouble getting the so-called 'easy' way done. Emilyb~ Hang in there with the carb counting. You'll get it down and feel much better for it.
LOL...I don't know about that. My way isn't necessarily easier or harder, just different. I guess that's the good part about WW PP, you can spend your points on whatever you want and have your macros any way you want as well.

In my sugar addicted state right now I am on a quest for a CHEWY brownie that won't destroy me on points. I had an old container of Isomalt in the cabinet and I tried a couple of recipes. For those that don't know about Isomalt, it's a hardcore sugar alcohol that allegedly mimics the texture qualities of sugar, but doesn't digest as a carbohydrate and doesn't spike blood sugar. LIES, I say. It's impossible to make a "low carb" or "sugar free" brownie with chewiness. Not to mention, this stuff has catastrophic effects on the digestive system. Not worth it. Back to the drawing board.

What do ya'll eat when you need a chewy, sugary, chocolate fix? I'm not a huge fan of those Fiber one bars. I tried them and was disappointed.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #1873

Quote:
LOL...I don't know about that. My way isn't necessarily easier or harder, just different. I guess that's the good part about WW PP, you can spend your points on whatever you want and have your macros any way you want as well.

In my sugar addicted state right now I am on a quest for a CHEWY brownie that won't destroy me on points. I had an old container of Isomalt in the cabinet and I tried a couple of recipes. For those that don't know about Isomalt, it's a hardcore sugar alcohol that allegedly mimics the texture qualities of sugar, but doesn't digest as a carbohydrate and doesn't spike blood sugar. LIES, I say. It's impossible to make a "low carb" or "sugar free" brownie with chewiness. Not to mention, this stuff has catastrophic effects on the digestive system. Not worth it. Back to the drawing board.

What do ya'll eat when you need a chewy, sugary, chocolate fix? I'm not a huge fan of those Fiber one bars. I tried them and was disappointed.
Have you looked in the Recipe Help and Suggestions forum for a brownie recipe? There are LOTS of them in there and many are very good, all LC, and I'm sure you will find one that will be just right!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #1874
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Take a Fiber One Brownie (2pp) put it in microwave for about 20 seconds then top with FF cool whip. Very satisfying and chocolatey. Heating the brownie takes away the cardboard texture.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1875
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy25306 View Post
Take a Fiber One Brownie (2pp) put it in microwave for about 20 seconds then top with FF cool whip. Very satisfying and chocolatey. Heating the brownie takes away the cardboard texture.
Sounds good, think that I will try this.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #1876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What's for Breakfast?

Good Morning!! What's to eat this morning?

I'm having GF toast, egg beaters, FF cheese and salsa w/ coffee (6)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #1877
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning!! What's to eat this morning?

I'm having GF toast, egg beaters, FF cheese and salsa w/ coffee (6)
I had 4 strips of thick cut bacon and 2 eggs fried in 1/2 tsp of coconut oil (13.6). I resisted the toast. I almost made some Carbquik biscuits, but I didn't have any buttermilk.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1878
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. Today is going to be my official restart. Î have been crazy for the past few weeks and enough is enough. My plan (hopefully) is to stick with the ww simply filling technique during the week and count points plus in the weekend. I would like to stay on sft, but the weekends usually include eating out and beers. (Gotta get off that alcohol). I need to save my 49 wpa for things like light butter, light/full fat mayo, ranch or lite Italian dressings. Hope everyone is doing well. Today's breakfast is uncle sam's cereal, ff milk. Snack will be a banana, after that ???
Have a great weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Good morning all. Today is going to be my official restart. Î have been crazy for the past few weeks and enough is enough. My plan (hopefully) is to stick with the ww simply filling technique during the week and count points plus in the weekend. I would like to stay on sft, but the weekends usually include eating out and beers. (Gotta get off that alcohol). I need to save my 49 wpa for things like light butter, light/full fat mayo, ranch or lite Italian dressings. Hope everyone is doing well. Today's breakfast is uncle sam's cereal, ff milk. Snack will be a banana, after that ???
Have a great weekend!
Sounds like a good plan!

How did everyone do yesterday? Halloween can be a tough one for sure. I was on a lower calorie day and saved a couple of small treats for today. I'm counting WW points and doing JUDDD so I have an ultra-low calorie day every other day. Counting points keeps me from going overboard on the days I can have more points Counting also helps me make better choices and get in more fruits and vegetables.

I'm down this week from 225 to 222.6
Old 11-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #1880
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the weight loss Blonde. I had my candy yesterday

Lunch- left over salsa chicken over br/wild rice blend, sautéed shredded cabbage, 2 tsps oil.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1881
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhbyrd
Stats: 235/203/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Mind if I join in??

Well I have been doing LC and I need a change starting to BINGE on sweets mostly. I think maybe not eating much and trying to stay away from certain things make me want it more,lol!! I have been reading Beeb about this helping with her binge problem so today I signed up on line and went shopping tonght!!

ANyway now off to change status and hopefully getting this binge under control.

Jeannie
jhbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #1882

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan!

How did everyone do yesterday? Halloween can be a tough one for sure. I was on a lower calorie day and saved a couple of small treats for today. I'm counting WW points and doing JUDDD so I have an ultra-low calorie day every other day. Counting points keeps me from going overboard on the days I can have more points Counting also helps me make better choices and get in more fruits and vegetables.

I'm down this week from 225 to 222.6
One of our JUDDD BUDDD from England does JUDDD and WWPP. She did a formula to divide the points up for DD and UD and she is still doing this with much success! Here is the link if you haven't already read it: Been Combining MY JUDDD With Weight Watchers...Liking it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbyrd View Post
Mind if I join in??

Well I have been doing LC and I need a change starting to BINGE on sweets mostly. I think maybe not eating much and trying to stay away from certain things make me want it more,lol!! I have been reading Beeb about this helping with her binge problem so today I signed up on line and went shopping tonght!!

ANyway now off to change status and hopefully getting this binge under control.

Jeannie
and I hope you find the same success in your binging as I did! I ate a lot of fruit in the beginning but now it's down to maybe 3 pieces a day. The binging is 99% gone! I'm still mindful but my relationship with food has changed so much that I don't see the binge monster anywhere near me again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Have a great weekend!
back and looking forward to reading your success! Sounds like you have a great plan in mind and I'm sure you are going to be WW!!!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-01-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #1883
Senior LCF Member

Well today is first day of WW, sorta feels funny eat certain foods because of changing plans (from LC to WW). Any how off to good start did 50 mins of step this morning (exericse has never been a problem actually like it-me time). Breakfast was "light bread", 1 Tsp of natural PB with banana= 5pts. Putting a stew on in the crockpot, stew beef meat with beef broth and all free vegs (cauflower & broccoli), let it cook all day for suppler (5 pts) but no rice for me.

Whats up with everybody else today?

Jeannie
Old 11-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #1884
Senior LCF Member

Trying to decide if I am having this today or tomorrow: grilled salmon, sweet potatoes, green veggie.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #1885
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
Start Date: August 2014
Hi, WW peeps! Sorry it's been a while since I posted anything. I joined a gym a few weeks ago, and now I'm getting up every morning at 3:00 so I can get to the gym before work, then working 9-hour days, then coming home in the evenings and getting supper together, cleaning up a bit, showering and falling into bed at 7:00 or 8:00 But it's worth it! I think my plateau is finally over, and I really do feel better since I started exercising.

My weight is now down to 159.2 as of weigh-in on Wednesday. The weirdest part is the fact that as of Halloween week, my weight loss totals 66.6 lbs Weird, yes, but I'll take it!

My daughter and I went back home to East Tennessee last week and spent 3 days with my son. He took us out one night to Texas Roadhouse, then the next night we ate at my brother's family's house where there was a huge home-cooked feast, and on the way home (8-hour drive) my daughter and I stopped at Cracker Barrel and had blueberry pancakes! I just ate very lightly throughout the days so that I could enjoy my time with my family which always involves eating. My son's apartment complex has a small gym so I worked out there early in the mornings. We also did a lot of walking in Gatlinburg. It was so much fun. I still lost a pound at weigh-in so I'm stoked! That got me into the 150's where I haven't been in so many years.

to all the new people here!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward

Last edited by quitecontrary; 11-02-2013 at 05:09 PM..
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #1886
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you ever have something yummy on your weigh in day? Last night I had Panda Express.
Blonde, I do have something yummy every weigh-in Wednesday....Wendy's! I always have a grilled chicken go-wrap and a small Frosty. I refuse to give them up

Quote:
I actually eat Triple Chocolate Atkins bars. They're not a whole food and they are processed, but that's another thing I refuse to give up
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1887
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Hi, WW peeps! Sorry it's been a while since I posted anything. I joined a gym a few weeks ago, and now I'm getting up every morning at 3:00 so I can get to the gym before work, then working 9-hour days, then coming home in the evenings and getting supper together, cleaning up a bit, showering and falling into bed at 7:00 or 8:00 But it's worth it! I think my plateau is finally over, and I really do feel better since I started exercising.

My weight is now down to 159.2 as of weigh-in on Wednesday. The weirdest part is the fact that as of Halloween week, my weight loss totals 66.6 lbs Weird, yes, but I'll take it!

My daughter and I went back home to East Tennessee last week and spent 3 days with my son. He took us out one night to Texas Roadhouse, then the next night we ate at my brother's family's house where there was a huge home-cooked feast, and on the way home (8-hour drive) my daughter and I stopped at Cracker Barrel and had blueberry pancakes! I just ate very lightly throughout the days so that I could enjoy my time with my family which always involves eating. My son's apartment complex has a small gym so I worked out there early in the mornings. We also did a lot of walking in Gatlinburg. It was so much fun. I still lost a pound at weigh-in so I'm stoked! That got me into the 150's where I haven't been in so many years.

to all the new people here!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend
I live in middle TN and I wish I lived in East TN. I can't stand the cheesy, overpriced tourist trap that is Gatlinburg but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the National Park. Have you ever driven down to Cherokee NC to the casino? We did once and it wasn't worth it. I bet it is beautiful this time of year with the leaves turning.

Funny you should mention the Atkins bars. I stayed away from them for the longest, but I bought a box of the triple chocolate just today in fact. Do you know they now have Atkins M&M's? I know, frankenfood and all that, but sometimes you just need something as a treat. Congrats on your recent weight loss!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #1888
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I live in middle TN and I wish I lived in East TN. I can't stand the cheesy, overpriced tourist trap that is Gatlinburg but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the National Park. Have you ever driven down to Cherokee NC to the casino? We did once and it wasn't worth it. I bet it is beautiful this time of year with the leaves turning.

Funny you should mention the Atkins bars. I stayed away from them for the longest, but I bought a box of the triple chocolate just today in fact. Do you know they now have Atkins M&M's? I know, frankenfood and all that, but sometimes you just need something as a treat. Congrats on your recent weight loss!
I've also been to the casino once, and that was enough! Yeah, Gatlinburg is totally a tourist trap. The scenery in East TN is beautiful. Gorgeous landscape! I miss it soooo bad

I bought the plain and peanut Atkins M&Ms I haven't opened them but I have them in a chocolate crisis! Thanks for the congrats!!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #1889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday Monday

Jeannie!

Beeb, thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

Hi Carol Ann!

Rotay, I love salmon!

JMC!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been sick and still feel pretty yucky. Bad head cold and sore throat. I've stuck to my rotations, though and I feel good about that. I'm really delighted to see everyone, I'm so glad I found this thread!

~Blonde
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #1890
Senior LCF Member

HI Blonde-by the way love the name, I am also a blonde,lol!!

Well this is day 3 on WW and I am loving it (no binge at all)!! I have been staying with points, and fell really great!! I think the scale is moving in right direction too!!

Hope everybody is having a great Monday!!

Jeannie