Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
jmc305, I entered your information into my app and 55 is your daily allowance. If you want an "extra boost" (as in, trying to lose quicker), you can lower your points a bit. I'd say try the points allowance and see how it works out for ya.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #1832
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 494
Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Thanks, Jayce. They always used to say to use all your points, but 55 or 56 is a LOT. I like the flexibility of this plan and having the 49 flex points, I just don't know if I'll lose on it.

"Points" can be interpreted in a variety of ways. I could do a low fat/high carb diet, vegan, paleo, Atkins, or whatever and still come in at or under my daily points. I guess my point is, what macros (protein/carbs/fat) should I shoot for?

A typical high fat low carb dieter on this forum might eat 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10%carbs. I suppose I could do that and stay under my points, but I want to increase the carbs a little bit so I won't feel so deprived. Maybe 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs? I'm not sure. I can probably figure it out with some trial and error. Thanks for the responses everyone.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1833
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
Thanks, Jayce. They always used to say to use all your points, but 55 or 56 is a LOT. I like the flexibility of this plan and having the 49 flex points, I just don't know if I'll lose on it.

"Points" can be interpreted in a variety of ways. I could do a low fat/high carb diet, vegan, paleo, Atkins, or whatever and still come in at or under my daily points. I guess my point is, what macros (protein/carbs/fat) should I shoot for?

A typical high fat low carb dieter on this forum might eat 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10%carbs. I suppose I could do that and stay under my points, but I want to increase the carbs a little bit so I won't feel so deprived. Maybe 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs? I'm not sure. I can probably figure it out with some trial and error. Thanks for the responses everyone.
My DH never did WW , but when I was low carbing , he would do that and he lost fast , just keeping under 100 carbs a day !
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #1834
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Just wanted to do a "drive by" and say HELLO to my fellow WWers!!

Things are well, losing slowly, but losing and still so in with this WOE!

Tonight I had chicken fried steak with sausage gravy, rice and veggies. Small portion of the steak and rice and large of the veggies but it was just right, got to have my chicken fried steak and eat it, too without going over my points for the day! I ate light for breakfast and lunch and had lots of points left to use on this wonderful, planned dinner!!

I am STILL in awe on how my relationship with food is so healed and that I don't think about snacking ALL THE TIME and binging on those snacks!! I have NO desire to binge at all anymore and this is just a MIRACLE to me!!

I'm just in heaven!!
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #1835
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 494
Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
I know WW will hate me for this, and I can't *promise* it would work, but I did some tinkering around with their formula. As I posted before, I would like to count points, but eat mostly low carb. The formula for calculating points is out there, and it goes like this: Protein/11 + Carbs/9 + Fat/4 - Fiber/35.

I leave the protein and fiber alone in the above formula, but I change places with the carbs and fat. So MY formula becomes this: Protein/11 + Fat/9 + Carbs/4 - Fiber/35.

What does this do? It makes carbs cost more points and fat cost less. I have only experimented with a few foods, but so far the math seems to work out.

With my new formula, food that is mostly carbs will go up a bit. Food that is mostly fat will go down a bit. And food that has a mixture of both carbs and fat will basically stay the same. (A Wendy's double cheeseburger with the bun goes from 20.6PP to 20.00 with my formula.)

As much as I like my treats, I still believe that carbs are the real "enemy" here, and I don't believe that my butter, bacon, and coconut oil is the culprit for my weight problem. Yet, WW PP still seems to skew towards villifying fats. So I modified it. I have not tried it yet and it might not work at all. But I figure it's worth a try and somebody, somewhere down the line might like to know, so I posted it.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #1836
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
I know WW will hate me for this, and I can't *promise* it would work, but I did some tinkering around with their formula. As I posted before, I would like to count points, but eat mostly low carb. The formula for calculating points is out there, and it goes like this: Protein/11 + Carbs/9 + Fat/4 - Fiber/35.

I leave the protein and fiber alone in the above formula, but I change places with the carbs and fat. So MY formula becomes this: Protein/11 + Fat/9 + Carbs/4 - Fiber/35.

What does this do? It makes carbs cost more points and fat cost less. I have only experimented with a few foods, but so far the math seems to work out.

With my new formula, food that is mostly carbs will go up a bit. Food that is mostly fat will go down a bit. And food that has a mixture of both carbs and fat will basically stay the same. (A Wendy's double cheeseburger with the bun goes from 20.6PP to 20.00 with my formula.)

As much as I like my treats, I still believe that carbs are the real "enemy" here, and I don't believe that my butter, bacon, and coconut oil is the culprit for my weight problem. Yet, WW PP still seems to skew towards villifying fats. So I modified it. I have not tried it yet and it might not work at all. But I figure it's worth a try and somebody, somewhere down the line might like to know, so I posted it.
Interested to see if it does work !!!!
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #1837
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
I know WW will hate me for this, and I can't *promise* it would work, but I did some tinkering around with their formula. As I posted before, I would like to count points, but eat mostly low carb. The formula for calculating points is out there, and it goes like this: Protein/11 + Carbs/9 + Fat/4 - Fiber/35.

I leave the protein and fiber alone in the above formula, but I change places with the carbs and fat. So MY formula becomes this: Protein/11 + Fat/9 + Carbs/4 - Fiber/35.

What does this do? It makes carbs cost more points and fat cost less. I have only experimented with a few foods, but so far the math seems to work out.

With my new formula, food that is mostly carbs will go up a bit. Food that is mostly fat will go down a bit. And food that has a mixture of both carbs and fat will basically stay the same. (A Wendy's double cheeseburger with the bun goes from 20.6PP to 20.00 with my formula.)

As much as I like my treats, I still believe that carbs are the real "enemy" here, and I don't believe that my butter, bacon, and coconut oil is the culprit for my weight problem. Yet, WW PP still seems to skew towards villifying fats. So I modified it. I have not tried it yet and it might not work at all. But I figure it's worth a try and somebody, somewhere down the line might like to know, so I posted it.
I am looking forward to hearing how this works! I agree that fat is NOT the issue in us being overweight and if you formula works that would be a wonderful thing!! Keep us up to date!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #1838
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
What does everyone eat for their daily points? I would love to see some examples of the food others are eating to get the most bang for their "points plus" buck!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #1839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hoping to join in?

Hi Jayce!!

Counting WW points as well as sorta following the DASH diet principles. Need to lose a lot of weight and I'm so tired of going backwards! Slow and steady is okay...as long as it's going in the right direction.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hoping to join in?

Hi Jayce!!

Counting WW points as well as sorta following the DASH diet principles. Need to lose a lot of weight and I'm so tired of going backwards! Slow and steady is okay...as long as it's going in the right direction.
Welcome----you got that right . I am not doing the best either . Just can't get going , but I get so depressed because I'm not.
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
What does everyone eat for their daily points? I would love to see some examples of the food others are eating to get the most bang for their "points plus" buck!!
Today: 30 points
B: GF toast (2) FF cheese slice (1) egg beaters (1) FF cottage cheese (1)

L: Baked potatoes and carrots (8) salsa (0) ff Mozz (3) Apple (0)

D: Brown rice Angel Hair Pasta (5) Marinara (2) mushrooms (0) BIG Green salad w/tomatoes (0) Bolt house Ranch Dressing (2)

S: Quaker Weight control Oatmeal (4) Raisins (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedec21 View Post
Welcome----you got that right . I am not doing the best either . Just can't get going , but I get so depressed because I'm not.
Thanks for the welcome! I know it can be depressing to lose so slowly. I have to really remind myself that the alternative is much worse. Hang in there!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #1842
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hoping to join in?

Hi Jayce!!

Counting WW points as well as sorta following the DASH diet principles. Need to lose a lot of weight and I'm so tired of going backwards! Slow and steady is okay...as long as it's going in the right direction.
Heyyyyy! I think WW offers a good baseline to follow...I think it's totally workable with other ideas, such as more low carb, intermittent fasting, more veggie-based, etc.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #1843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey yourself, Hotstuff! Yep you're so right! I know counting points will keep me on the right track no matter the WOE. I'm going to try to post here at least once a day, we need to build this thread up some more, get some more WW'rs to post in here. Beeb seems to be carrying the ball really well, though! I have never found a good group on the actual WW site. I mean I'm sure they are there but I don't think the WW forums are 'user-friendly', know what I mean?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #1844
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey yourself, Hotstuff! Yep you're so right! I know counting points will keep me on the right track no matter the WOE. I'm going to try to post here at least once a day, we need to build this thread up some more, get some more WW'rs to post in here. Beeb seems to be carrying the ball really well, though! I have never found a good group on the actual WW site. I mean I'm sure they are there but I don't think the WW forums are 'user-friendly', know what I mean?
A BIG to you and so glad to see you join us! about me carrying the ball....I just like to TALK!! I agree that it would be great to see more WW peeps on here, and I totally understand about the other WW forums, not much going on there at all! I did find one on FB that's OK, but still not LCFs!

I think WWPPs is the BOMB and I'm so happy I found it! I just this WOE and can see this as TRULY a lifestyle change and not a "diet".

I thought I was losing very slowly until I took a look at what I've lost over the period of time I've started. I have lost close to 8 pounds in less than 2 months and that equates to 1 pound a week and I'LL TAKE IT!! I am finding that even on the weekends where counting points becomes a challenge for me I'm STILL losing! PLUS, I eat what I want and love the fact that I'm eating SO much healthier now!!

Again, glad to meet you and see you here!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-22-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #1845
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Today: 30 points
B: GF toast (2) FF cheese slice (1) egg beaters (1) FF cottage cheese (1)

L: Baked potatoes and carrots (8) salsa (0) ff Mozz (3) Apple (0)

D: Brown rice Angel Hair Pasta (5) Marinara (2) mushrooms (0) BIG Green salad w/tomatoes (0) Bolt house Ranch Dressing (2)

S: Quaker Weight control Oatmeal (4) Raisins (1)



Thanks for the welcome! I know it can be depressing to lose so slowly. I have to really remind myself that the alternative is much worse. Hang in there!
Your menu sounds wonderful! I tend to save my points for evening because I have never been a big daytime eater. I think it comes from always working jobs at night. I'm finding soups and lots of greens seem to keep me fullest the longest and with the colder weather coming in I'll be making many more soups and cooking more at home. Eating out ALWAYS puts a few oz/pounds on me so I'm staying away when I can.

What is your "go to" when you just need something and you are not sure what you want? I tend to go to a piece of fruit or some pretzels.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #1846
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
I've been on a 1-2% cottage cheese kick when I want something to eat, but don't want something big. I usually mix in pineapple chunks...sometimes peaches. This is a new fave of mine!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #1847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Off work for the day!

Hi Beeb or is it Linda? I'm just plain Blonde. Sometimes people reply with BWaR and I think "dang, what does that mean"? Oh wait, it's me!

I'm glad you like to talk! It often takes a talker to keep this stuff going. If we have some talkers and 'repliers' we're in business! I'm sure my menu looks a bit heavy on the carbs...it's my way of reducing fat and upping fiber. I just finished my potato and cooked carrot plate w/ FF Mozzarella. I only ate one potato so change those points to 4 instead of 8, then I added 1/2 Fage 0% (2) for longer satiety. At any rate, I'm pleasantly full and still have my snack and my dinner to look forward to. I currently have 30 points a day and I'm eating them all, actually looking forward to less weight even if it means less points.

8 pounds in 8 weeks sounds marvelous! I swear I've gained 8lbs in 8 DAYS before. I am promising myself to be happy with whatever meager or great loss I get. A loss is a loss!

My go-to good food, or my go-to bad food? Unfortunately for me, I'm not a great fruit lover. I have to be hungry...so that's a good go-to food. I also love bread, I try to eat GF as much as possible and some GF toast and a wedge of laughing cow is always good. I have been known to grab chips in a bad moment, I try not to keep them around. Salty/crunchy is my first love. Popcorn is good. The things I have to be careful of are the small but deadly calories...full fat cheeses or lunch meat & cheese together. Not much satiety there and I can easily pack on extra extra points very fast!

Jayce, I love cottage cheese and fruit together (peaches, yum) but I'm sticking to Fat free varieties only.

Let's see, what else? Um, no to diet sodas, yes to plain ice tea. I love my coffee and sugar free creamer...

I don't usually sound so positive, being wishy-washy and all...but I've made up my mind to eat this way and that is half the battle.


Oh!! I just thought of a grab n go food! Jumbo Green stuffed Olives! Out of this world!
__________________
JUDDD restart~end of August 2014

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-22-2013 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: adding
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1848
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 494
Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Bread is a hard one for me. I'm not celiac or anything, but I think I'm "intolerant" as in, it makes me sick sometimes if I eat very much bread.

Lately I've been playing around with egg whites. I use one of those tiny egg skillets and cook up 2 egg whites and use that for "bread" when I make tuna fish. According to my calculations, I have 2 egg whites as .72 points. It's not the greatest substitute for bread, but it works in a pinch. Low in points and fat. And it's gluten and wheat free.

One thing I've noticed that I might consider a minor "flaw" in the formula is the penalty for eating protein rich foods. I have some protein shakes that are low in fat and carbs, but (obviously) high in protein. Those little cartons are 4 points each! That's a bit much. I lift weights 5 days a week, so adequate protein is not something I'll forego. Of course I get 56 points a day, so it's not a big deal right now. I'm just saying.

Does anybody use Excel sheets or apps to track, or just pencil and paper? I will probably start with pencil and paper and see how it goes from there.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #1849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Wednesday Morning...ready to roll.

Hi JMC305!

I love bread but too much wheat can make me feel bad as well. I try to stick to GF bread and pasta when I do eat it. Yes I agree, protein shakes are very high in points and some should not be! I don't mind having my protein on greens, like grilled chicken salad, etc. I've switched to egg whites for breakfast needs or for use in recipes calling for whole eggs, trying to cut the fat. I admire your experiment to count points and be low carb, seems like it would be successful for sure!

Yesterday went well, I changed my dinner menu, DH wasn't in the mood for pasta. We had oven fried potatoes and chicken breast sammies with Asian salad. I went over points by 4, and that is without having my oatmeal snack. Still and all, I felt good, not too full and not deprived. Not deprived is the best!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #1850
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12
Gallery: Cathy25306
Hello all, My husband passed away suddenly back in June. As a result of that I moved to a new house. My eating for almost 4 months has consisted of wine cheese crackers and peaunt butter with a healthy addition of cookies. At the time of his death I was 5 lbs from goal, now I am 15. So I started back WW Monday. After only 2 days I am feeling better already. Will try to check in and post.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1851
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy25306 View Post
Hello all, My husband passed away suddenly back in June. As a result of that I moved to a new house. My eating for almost 4 months has consisted of wine cheese crackers and peaunt butter with a healthy addition of cookies. At the time of his death I was 5 lbs from goal, now I am 15. So I started back WW Monday. After only 2 days I am feeling better already. Will try to check in and post.
Welcome and so very sorry for your loss !! I just can't imagine the loss you must be feeling
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #1852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Cathy, so sorry for your loss! I can't imagine how hard it's been for you.

I'm so happy you're joining us here. You've made a good decision to take care of yourself. Check in when you can, even if it's just to read the new postings.

Your menu for the last 4 months sounds eerily familiar to me....those are foods that I adore, wine, cheese crackers and peanut butter, not necessarily in that order. I had to cut out the wine completely (for the most part) because it takes away my resolve to eat better. I've switched to fat free cheeses (not fabulous, but I don't have to give it up)...and I've stopped eating peanut butter by the spoonful....

Hi Rose!!!

~Blonde
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #1853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Check in time

Okay people, check in time! How did your day go yesterday? Were you on point? Over? Under??

I was on point but maybe too many carbs yesterday. I feel a little sluggish this morning. I'm having Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast and I think a BIG salad with some nice protein is my lunch choice for today! I'm out of creamer so I had to drink my coffee black this morning...it wasn't too horrible AND I saved 2 points that I can use later for food!That's good, right?

Tomorrow (Friday) is my weigh in. I do WW online so I have to be accountable to me. Can I make a confession? Sometimes when I'm UP a pound and I know I've been on track, I just keep the weight the same as last week...I know, I'm only kidding myself but it's less demoralizing that way. If I'm up again the next week...I record the whole ugly mess.

Weight Watchers is a slow process for me, I have accepted that fact. Consistency is the only way for me to make progress.

So what are ya'll eating today?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #1854
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Okay people, check in time! How did your day go yesterday? Were you on point? Over? Under??

I was on point but maybe too many carbs yesterday. I feel a little sluggish this morning. I'm having Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast and I think a BIG salad with some nice protein is my lunch choice for today! I'm out of creamer so I had to drink my coffee black this morning...it wasn't too horrible AND I saved 2 points that I can use later for food!That's good, right?

Tomorrow (Friday) is my weigh in. I do WW online so I have to be accountable to me. Can I make a confession? Sometimes when I'm UP a pound and I know I've been on track, I just keep the weight the same as last week...I know, I'm only kidding myself but it's less demoralizing that way. If I'm up again the next week...I record the whole ugly mess.

Weight Watchers is a slow process for me, I have accepted that fact. Consistency is the only way for me to make progress.

So what are ya'll eating today?
I have been bad , but never took the time to read about the peanuts in the shell until last night , because I just figured it to be low..OMG----I have been killing myself with points and never knew it LOL

I have a hard time using the online site. I just don't get it very well. Is there a place I can use to kinda , show me around in it ????
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hiya Rose!

There are 'tools' built in that you can use to master it but for the most part I use it to record my foods and points and track my exercise points. I also read the articles etc. I've never been able to sustain 'meetings' so this helps me a lot. Do you do meetings?

Peanuts and peanut butter...LOVE IT. Lately I've been sharing 1 Tbls Peanut butter with 2 rice cakes and a bit of low sugar jam. Yum. This is instead of eating it by the tablespoon full!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #1856
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
yes , I do go to meetings , but she usually is to busy afterwards for me to feel ok bugging her. I guess I just need to go there and learn ! But I am here all the time LOL
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #1857
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy25306 View Post
Hello all, My husband passed away suddenly back in June. As a result of that I moved to a new house. My eating for almost 4 months has consisted of wine cheese crackers and peaunt butter with a healthy addition of cookies. At the time of his death I was 5 lbs from goal, now I am 15. So I started back WW Monday. After only 2 days I am feeling better already. Will try to check in and post.
So sorry to hear about your loss! I think you have done amazingly well for being in this situation and I'm not sure if my weight gain would only had been 15 pounds! I you for keeping things down to a minimum, as I see it! and hope to see lots of you on our little forum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Okay people, check in time! How did your day go yesterday? Were you on point? Over? Under??

I was on point but maybe too many carbs yesterday. I feel a little sluggish this morning. I'm having Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast and I think a BIG salad with some nice protein is my lunch choice for today! I'm out of creamer so I had to drink my coffee black this morning...it wasn't too horrible AND I saved 2 points that I can use later for food!That's good, right?

Tomorrow (Friday) is my weigh in. I do WW online so I have to be accountable to me. Can I make a confession? Sometimes when I'm UP a pound and I know I've been on track, I just keep the weight the same as last week...I know, I'm only kidding myself but it's less demoralizing that way. If I'm up again the next week...I record the whole ugly mess.

Weight Watchers is a slow process for me, I have accepted that fact. Consistency is the only way for me to make progress.

So what are ya'll eating today?
What I have in bold struck me because this is just my thoughts now about my weight loss. It's very slow, but I'm really so OK with this for the first time in my life. If it takes 6 months to get to or close to my goal weight I'll be very happy. If it takes longer I'll still be happy! It the end result that is my "eye on the prize" way of thinking now and since I just this WW program I can't see it not happening!

I pretty much stay on point within a few, usually lower. The last couple of days I have had the start of a cold/flu which I have been fighting and think I have won the battle/war on! It seemed I was just extra hungry before this but still managed to keep within my points for the day. Yesterday I used 2 from my 49 but this seldom happens during the week. Saturday night is another story about those 49 points but that is why I save them during the week. It's "date night" for DH and I, dinner, dancing and a drink or 2. I usually try to figure out the points but I'm sure I've fallen short on many a Saturday night!

And since we are doing "confessions" I have to say I always go with the slowest number on the scale every morning, even if it's only for a few seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedec21 View Post
yes , I do go to meetings , but she usually is to busy afterwards for me to feel ok bugging her. I guess I just need to go there and learn ! But I am here all the time LOL
My thoughts are you are paying for those meeting, get in there and ask those questions, that is her job and what she is getting paid for! Maybe go before a little bit early to ask?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #1858
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hiya Rose!

There are 'tools' built in that you can use to master it but for the most part I use it to record my foods and points and track my exercise points. I also read the articles etc. I've never been able to sustain 'meetings' so this helps me a lot. Do you do meetings?

Peanuts and peanut butter...LOVE IT. Lately I've been sharing 1 Tbls Peanut butter with 2 rice cakes and a bit of low sugar jam. Yum. This is instead of eating it by the tablespoon full!
I've been using PB2 powder now, mixed with water and a little sweetener, to make my peanut butter for my PB&J sandwiches. 2 tablespoons is just right for a sandwich and it's only 1 point!!

I have a ? for you, if I may.....are you still doing JUDDD? I see your have a start date for JUDDD and was wondering if you are combining it with WWs? JUDDD was my fav WOE before finding this new WWPPs but it wasn't a WOE I could continue because of how it started a binging issue for me. Thank goodness with WWPPs that issue is history!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-24-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #1859
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,063
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Good idea beep !
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,709
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Weigh in...

Well I lost and I didn't. My last weigh in was 229.6 and I refused to post it because I was at 225 the week before. This week I'm 225.6 so technically I gained 6 ounces but I lost the extra 4 I picked up last week...sorry, I really need to post correctly....

Beeb~ I loved JUDDD so much, I lost 40 lbs in a year but for some reason I can't sustain it anymore. I get one or two down days under me and then I fall off hard. Last year when I restarted (and then left WW, again) I was actually doing zero point days where nothing I ate had points (fruits, veggies, broth etc) and that was working for me really well...but again I fell off. This new restart is something I want to take very seriously and no matter what happens I need to follow it to maintenance. If I can get in a zero point day once in awhile I will but I'm not going to let it get to me. I admire your ability to save your extra points for a night out with DH.

Rose I agree with Beeb, you are paying for those meetings, so ask your questions!

Cathy I hope you check in with us, we can all help each other!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.