Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #1741
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I've been eating a lot more vegetables and fruit as of late. I'm gearing towards more of a plant based diet it seems. Once in a while I'll crave steak but it's a rare occasion these days. I count my WW points in the olden way "2 years ago" and was able to download a WW calculator app.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #1742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
This week doesn't seem to be working out for me too well. I just don't think that I was as prepared and pumped as I needed to be. Not gonna quit though!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1743
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post
I've been eating a lot more vegetables and fruit as of late. I'm gearing towards more of a plant based diet it seems. Once in a while I'll crave steak but it's a rare occasion these days. I count my WW points in the olden way "2 years ago" and was able to download a WW calculator app.
I'm doing Points Plus and I as you probably have read I'm just in with it! I'm finding most days I eat fruits and veggies all day; breakfast and lunch and then have some protein for dinner. It's so darn simple it's almost scary, but I like being scared this way! I purchased an app for my iphone that is geared for points plus, and it has a scanner, too which I love when I'm walking around the store and I see something interesting! I use it all the time, everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
This week doesn't seem to be working out for me too well. I just don't think that I was as prepared and pumped as I needed to be. Not gonna quit though!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #1744
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I counted my points today since I already planned my dinner. Looks like a good day for me! Plus, I am staying active too.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #1745

I got an app on my Iphone that really helps me to track points! It's really easy and it was on sale!

Good day today! Pushed my friend in a wheel chair (broken foot) for 2 hours through a flea market. My legs and arms are hurting so I know it was good exercise!

Reading up about emotional binge eating and finding that WW and this site called Shrink Yourself are wonderful tools to help this problem!

I'm just feeling REALLY good about my WOE eating today!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1746
Senior LCF Member

B- bacon/ egg sandwich on lite bread
L- light & fit Greek yogurt
D- salmon, 1/2 sweet potato w/light butter, 1/2 container of brown/wild rice blend
Old 09-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #1747

Happy weekend everyone!

The weather is just AMAZING here, very fall like! Going to a party tonight that is just apps and desserts! Eating light today so I can enjoy a few things.

Had a jump up in weight this week, very minor. Salt is always my problem and because I never drink enough water I don't tend to flush that salt/water as I should. Working on my water consumption by doing hot water and lemon. Love the taste and it seems to work well for me! The jump up weight is gone and it took .2 with it! I'll take it!

2nd week in and as usually is the case I'm extra hungry. I have found this to be the case in any WOEing I have done so I know to tough it out because by next week it will be much better. Plus, doing WWP I can eat fruit and veggies if I can't tough it out! Still working on my "head hunger" but it's SO much better than it's been in months!

Going to make Italian chicken burgers for dinner with a couple of veggie sides. Found a great recipe that will taste like chicken Parmesan from the grill and it's only 6 points per a 4 oz cooked burger! This on a 2 point light hamburger roll and I'm in heaven!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and having fun!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #1748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Well, I have had a few weird weeks Although I had kept my points where they were supposed to be and didn't eat what I shouldn't, I was up and down in weight making no progress these past few weeks. So I was disgusted this past Wednesday when I was up 0.6. Doesn't sound like much but it plays with my mind. I had to get my head back in the game so I started thinking about the positives aside from the scale:

1) I feel so much better physically, emotionally and mentally.

2) I don't feel so self-conscious in public anymore.

3) I have retired the denim long-sleeved shirt I used to wear as a jacket year-round even during the hot summer months.

4) I am so much more active and actually enjoy my walking now.

5) I am eating lots of healthy foods as opposed to junk 24/7 like I used to do for years.

6) I have dropped 4 jeans sizes which would never have happened without WW.

So you see, I'm so much better off now than on January 2nd when I walked into the WW meeting for the very first time. Even if (heaven forbid) I don't drop another ounce and just maintain, all these things that I'm now experiencing and the changes that have evolved with my weight loss are wonderful and lasting. The way I see it, I'm coming out ahead

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Well, I have had a few weird weeks Although I had kept my points where they were supposed to be and didn't eat what I shouldn't, I was up and down in weight making no progress these past few weeks. So I was disgusted this past Wednesday when I was up 0.6. Doesn't sound like much but it plays with my mind. I had to get my head back in the game so I started thinking about the positives aside from the scale:

3) I have retired the denim long-sleeved shirt I used to wear as a jacket year-round even during the hot summer months.

5) I am eating lots of healthy foods as opposed to junk 24/7 like I used to do for years.

So you see, I'm so much better off now than on January 2nd when I walked into the WW meeting for the very first time. Even if (heaven forbid) I don't drop another ounce and just maintain, all these things that I'm now experiencing and the changes that have evolved with my weight loss are wonderful and lasting. The way I see it, I'm coming out ahead
I this post!! It just proves that the scale is NOT the only thing that we can claim victory over! Just had a friend tell me that the scale needs to be only 1/100th of how I look at my journey and to find something EVERY day that is a none scale victory over my weight!

YOU have done this and I'm coming back again and again to this post as inspiration! Thanks for this!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #1750
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I this post!! It just proves that the scale is NOT the only thing that we can claim victory over! Just had a friend tell me that the scale needs to be only 1/100th of how I look at my journey and to find something EVERY day that is a none scale victory over my weight!

YOU have done this and I'm coming back again and again to this post as inspiration! Thanks for this!
Thanks so much! I'm so glad my words can inspire you...it's very humbling! Have a wonderful week
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #1751

Good Monday Everyone! The weekend was good, very nice weather for yard work! Going to rain today but that's a good thing, we could use a little.

Did very well at the apps and dessert party Saturday night. I made mini cupcakes, which I thought was a great strategy on my part (if I do say so myself! ) to not overeat the sweets!! It worked, too! I had saved points for this event and still hadn't used my 49 extra for the week so I was good. They were all kinds of carby/fatty apps so I just picked the ones I REALLY liked and had one or two of them. No worst the wear on the scale Sunday morning!

Made BBQ ribs last night, allotted myself 3 and could only finish 2! This is surprising to me since I usually don't understand when I'm full because of my binging issue. Seeing this last night gave me so much hope that WW may be helping in this major issue I've had since I had done JUDDD. I never binged in my life until doing that WOE and it has been a tough road to get back to normal eating habits since. Still doing one day at a time but I'm so encouraged now.

I posted a Italian Chicken Burger recipe on the WW recipe forum, go check it out! DH says it's a keeper and he doesn't like "new" things so I'm taking that as it's a good recipe!

Hope you all have a great start to your week!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
You did great at "thinking ahead" for the apps/dessert party...way to go!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #1753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
You did great at "thinking ahead" for the apps/dessert party...way to go!
Thanks! Like someone once said, "Fail to plan, plan to fail"! Always thought that was a good way to think!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #1754

I realized today, a very "hungry" day (probably because it's raining) that I don't have to stress about how much I'm eating or how many points I have left for a snack.

I just have a piece of fruit and that has been keeping the "gotta eat everything" hungry day monster at bay.

I have hungry days and not so hungry days and it's nice to know those hungry days are not going to blow my whole WOE now because I can just eat my fruits and veggies without guilt or restriction and feel good about how I'm still doing my WOEing!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #1755
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Just so you won't think I'm a drive-by poster (I'm not, I just change eating plans like underwear ), I'm going to switch over to Atkins '72. I didn't lose anything last week after that initial 1.5 lb. loss. I know that was a good loss, but I've lost that same thing countless times and yes I know it was only after a week and normally I would be making faces at anyone who changes plans - again - after only a week. And I'm quite sure some lurkers (on OR off the board) are making faces at me!

My only defense is we all need to find what works. I adore JUDDD, but it just hasn't worked for me again like it was beginning to initially. WW never did work for me - I just thought it might keep me calorie-accounted whilst low carbing. My mom lost all her weight years ago doing the original Atkins and I'm hoping it's in the genes to make it work for me. That along with the fact I'm becoming more and more ensconced into low carb eating, so it makes sense to go to the beginnings.

Anyway, I wanted to at least stop by and wish y'all well. Lexiann, I forgot to look at your stats before I began posting so I can't see them at the moment. I hope you step over into Onderland soon if you haven't already!

Good luck, ladies!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #1756
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Just so you won't think I'm a drive-by poster (I'm not, I just change eating plans like underwear ), I'm going to switch over to Atkins '72. I didn't lose anything last week after that initial 1.5 lb. loss. I know that was a good loss, but I've lost that same thing countless times and yes I know it was only after a week and normally I would be making faces at anyone who changes plans - again - after only a week. And I'm quite sure some lurkers (on OR off the board) are making faces at me!

My only defense is we all need to find what works. I adore JUDDD, but it just hasn't worked for me again like it was beginning to initially. WW never did work for me - I just thought it might keep me calorie-accounted whilst low carbing. My mom lost all her weight years ago doing the original Atkins and I'm hoping it's in the genes to make it work for me. That along with the fact I'm becoming more and more ensconced into low carb eating, so it makes sense to go to the beginnings.

Anyway, I wanted to at least stop by and wish y'all well. Lexiann, I forgot to look at your stats before I began posting so I can't see them at the moment. I hope you step over into Onderland soon if you haven't already!

Good luck, ladies!
And good luck to you to. Pop in once in a while and give us an update !!
rosedec21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Rose, I will!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #1758
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:

Good luck, ladies!
sadly not yet. my week of eating clean and not fasting caused me to gain since my body wasn't used to it. so i freaked and now i'm giving lower calorie a try every day 1200-1400/day still clean choices just a bit less food. more on the weekends. the scale is moving back down... sadly, still not in onederland... its making me work for it!!!! harder than i'd ever thought!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #1759
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
sadly not yet. my week of eating clean and not fasting caused me to gain since my body wasn't used to it. so i freaked and now i'm giving lower calorie a try every day 1200-1400/day still clean choices just a bit less food. more on the weekends. the scale is moving back down... sadly, still not in onederland... its making me work for it!!!! harder than i'd ever thought!
Hang in there, you will get there!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #1760

Quote:

Good luck, ladies!
All the best to you and come back and say when you can!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #1761

Quote:
Are you still doing WW? If so why are you counting calories? I'm new to the points plus and hoping I'm not missing something I should know.

Onederland is just around the corner, you are doing amazingly well, I'm inspired!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #1762
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Are you still doing WW? If so why are you counting calories? I'm new to the points plus and hoping I'm not missing something I should know.

Onederland is just around the corner, you are doing amazingly well, I'm inspired!
I'm testing things. i think even with WW its important to be aware of how much you're consuming. zero points for fruit can get people in trouble.

thank you so much. i cant WEIGHT (hehe) to be there!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #1763

Quote:
I'm testing things. i think even with WW its important to be aware of how much you're consuming. zero points for fruit can get people in trouble.

thank you so much. i cant WEIGHT (hehe) to be there!
I agree with you except for one thing: I thought I would be in BIG trouble with my binging with the concept of "all you can eat" fruit but the amazing thing is I'm totally satisfied with eating just one piece or slice and when I've gone to eat more I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try. Never before have I been able to stop eating something after just "one". I handful of grapes, an apple, a banana, an orange or whatever, it's only one piece or slice (as in melon) and no more! Sure I eat fruit throughout the day but usually no more than 4 or 5, it's all I really ever want even when I'm having a "hungry day"! This is the main reason I'm LOVING this WOE! My binging is so under control and my relationship with food is getting to be normal again! For this alone I'm feeling so blessed that I tried it!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #1764
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
Quote:
I agree with you except for one thing: I thought I would be in BIG trouble with my binging with the concept of "all you can eat" fruit but the amazing thing is I'm totally satisfied with eating just one piece or slice and when I've gone to eat more I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try. Never before have I been able to stop eating something after just "one". I handful of grapes, an apple, a banana, an orange or whatever, it's only one piece or slice (as in melon) and no more! Sure I eat fruit throughout the day but usually no more than 4 or 5, it's all I really ever want even when I'm having a "hungry day"! This is the main reason I'm LOVING this WOE! My binging is so under control and my relationship with food is getting to be normal again! For this alone I'm feeling so blessed that I tried it!
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1765

Good afternoon all! Well, went to the Doc yesterday and have UTI and I didn't even know it! I have a BIG threshold for pain so unless the pain is really bad I usually don't have a clue something is wrong. On antibiotics and on the mend!

Weight is holding steady but that is fine since I lost so well the first 2 weeks. Slow is good, slow means it "sticks"! Also, being sick and not knowing it made me jump up some since my body was fighting infection. I know from the past when I'm sick I usually gain a little bit, but it always goes right away when I am healing/healed.

Still loving WWPP and thinking of new ways to make veggies and mix in fruit in some of my dishes. Anyone got any good ideas? Please pass them on if you do!

I went over to the JUDDD thread and looked around at their DD recipes. Some look really good and are low cal/low fat so they should work well for lower point meals/snacks. Go take a look, lots of good stuff over there!

Just checking in and hope everyone is well!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #1766
Senior LCF Member

Beeb, I just thought that I would mention going to the ww site. Two forums that are good for ideas are: power foods and on daily points. Also they are on Facebook.

Glad that you are still enjoying it and doing well.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #1767

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Beeb, I just thought that I would mention going to the ww site. Two forums that are good for ideas are: power foods and on daily points. Also they are on Facebook.

Glad that you are still enjoying it and doing well.
I wish there was a forum (other than the paid WW one) that has more people in it. I'm not one to paid to chat with people. I am a member on the FB one. Even though I love LCFs and the people here, there aren't many of us WW people here. LCFs is my FAV site, but it is mostly LC.

Last edited by Beeb; 09-19-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #1768
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
You can create an account to use WW forums without being a paid member (at least, I know I was able to in the past -- don't know if that's changed lately). Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #1769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post

It's been some time since I posted. I have been struggling trying to get back on plan. I get a ton of exercise but bad food choices. So, I have been good for a few weeks and tracking again (which helps me). I haven't seen any progress and today I read your post. It is exactly what I needed - thank you. Let's stay the course - it will work. I was down 6 months ago below my goal weight so I can do it again. Have a great day
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #1770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
You can create an account to use WW forums without being a paid member (at least, I know I was able to in the past -- don't know if that's changed lately). Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Yes, this is true. I am not currently a member, but I go on their site daily. I am like you Beeb, I do enjoy this site the most, but since following ww, I have had to find other like-minded people.