Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #1711
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
LOVE WATERMELON!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #1712
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
i don't believe in following a strict low carb diet anymore. its just not sustainable long term. It took me awhile to realize that for myself. I think WW is something we can follow for a lifetime to aid in loss and definitely for maintaining!
I have to keep it low carb to keep the hunger at bay! Nothing keeps me satiated like fat does. I've done WW several times before, non-lowcarb, and never got anywhere. I'm really hoping WW is taking more info in and seeing that fats, even saturated fats, aren't a bad thing and the next change they make takes it into account even more than this last change did.

I also find that I can get through the workday well without a lot of food. I guess I should try to post what I've been having if there are any other lowcarbers out there thinking about combining these plans.

Here's what's for today:

B: Cup of coffee w/HWC, Strawberry Protein Shake
L: Cup of hot blueberry tea w/real butter, lowcarb flour tortilla w/slice of cheese
S: YoCheese Pudding
D: Hamburger patty with a salad and veggies

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1713
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I have to keep it low carb to keep the hunger at bay! Nothing keeps me satiated like fat does. I've done WW several times before, non-lowcarb, and never got anywhere. I'm really hoping WW is taking more info in and seeing that fats, even saturated fats, aren't a bad thing and the next change they make takes it into account even more than this last change did.

I also find that I can get through the workday well without a lot of food. I guess I should try to post what I've been having if there are any other lowcarbers out there thinking about combining these plans.

Here's what's for today:

B: Cup of coffee w/HWC, Strawberry Protein Shake
L: Cup of hot blueberry tea w/real butter, lowcarb flour tortilla w/slice of cheese
S: YoCheese Pudding
D: Hamburger patty with a salad and veggies
I think moderate carb is ok. like keeping them lower or not eating them at night. but a well balanced diet including complex carbs is best. that included with exercise is unstoppable! lean proteins, veggies, fruits, complex carbs and whole grains...

now i currently don't eat that way, i eat a TON of lean cuisines, processed foods. I planned a menu for next week though that is all clean foods. im excited...

all of that being said, its important for everyone to do what works for them and what they want to do who am i to judge?!? i never want to be that person. im not perfect!

i guess is should have said that for me very low carb didn't work because id cheat too many times. i just couldn't sustain it and that equaled not having long term success.

i think everyone is doing great though! just the fact that we are on here in the first place speaks volumes. KUTGW

Goal for now is to stick with my plan, no excuses.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #1714
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly, to each his/her own and what works. We're all on the same journey, just taking different routes!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #1715
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm doing well on the Points Plus Plan. I really like the fact that most fruits and veggies are free foods, which I love, and my fear about binging on these foods just isn't happening at all, which is WONDERFUL!! Today I had a banana, an apple, some green grapes, and some watermelon and they all tasted like heaven!

I am finding it pretty easy, too. Eating moderate carb, and hunger is really low. I have always found I need to eat moderate carbs and less fat to keep from getting hungry. When I ate high fat/low carb I was starving all the time!! Drinking more water, too which is a miracle for me because I really don't like water at all!

Taking it day by day though because I tend to get too then I crash and burn!

I'm finding lots of great recipes online and even made a 6 point Chicken Chili with a generous serving size of 1.5 cups with a homemade 2 point biscuit! Had 2 1 point spice muffins for breakfast, too!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-05-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #1716
Major LCF Poster!

glad to hear you are doing so well beeb

weigh in day. down 1.6 current weight 204.8! yahoo! onederland im knocking on your door!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #1717
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I've been reading a lot of WW recipes and the snacky things all seem to be made with sugar/honey/etc.

Now my thought is if we use sugar subs won't that bring the point value down because it will bring the carb value down also? Am I thinking correct here?

Any help is always greatly appreciated since I'm SURE I'm going to be asking A LOT of questions!
Yes----Sugar sub will cut the points some. There is an online calculator , but I cant remember where it is.

A great receipt site is Dotti's Weight Loss Zone ( dwlz.com )Check it out peoples !!! Of course , Hungry Girl has a lot of WW receipts to

Last edited by rosedec21; 09-06-2013 at 07:25 AM..
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #1718
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Been, glad you are enjoying ww, but totally understand the getting too excited thingy
Congrats on the loss, Lexiann.

Well today is my first official re-start day, and wouldn't you know it....in situations where I can only estimate points

Not gonna stress though, because this is a journey, not an overnight trip. Have a great weekend all!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #1719
Major LCF Poster!

thank you!!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #1720
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. Just wanted to stop in to see how everyone is doing. Any special plans for today?
B- just coffee so far. I am trying to decide if I want a Greek yogurt or shredded wheat with almond milk for breakfast. Since I was on LC, it has been so long since I have had cereal.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #1721
Senior LCF Member

Well decided to go with yogurt, too many points in the cereal breakfast. Leftovers for lunch..meatloaf and cauliflower rice. Snack is ww vanilla smoothie made with almond milk, 4 strawberries and 1/2 banana - yummo!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #1722

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and encouragements!

So far, so good and I'm down some in weight, too! I really am just loving WW this time and seeing that this can be a good change for me and how I think about food.

I'm in the process of being mindful of the things that I eat that make me more hungry afterward and the things that keep me full and satisfied longer. I have no restrictions, except for points, so I'm eating what I like right now. This may change as I figure out foods that don't fill me up or make me still want to eat more quickly after eating them. These "triggers" will be avoided but I will never say never to a food again. When I did this in the past I set myself up for binging, big time!!

This weekend is a challenge. Mom's birthday dinner out at her favorite Italian restaurant, an engagement cocktail party the next evening and then an event with a BBQ at Mom's assisted living to end the weekend. I'm eating lots of fruit and veggies, saving my points for the evening/Sunday festivities. Finding I'm a bit hungrier than usual today, but I'm very tired from not getting enough sleep in the last 2 night. Had coffee too late on Thursday night and then last night all the smoke alarms/carbon monoxide alarms in the house went off at 2:26 AM, even the one in the ATTIC!! It was a crazy hour moving cars to get to the attic stairs and climbing on step stools to disarm the alarms on the ceiling!! Nothing is wrong, just a freak thing and now that ALL the batteries have been changed we should be good to go! I always get hungry when I'm this tired so I will be watching and being mindful at the cocktail party tonight so I won't over eat. I still have 48 points left over from the weekly bonus points so I'm not stressing.

Back to cooking and baking again, finding lots of great recipes (will post the ones I think are post worthy) and enjoying the journey this time!! It's so great to be on this thread with you all and I look forward to everyone's journey!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #1723
Major LCF Poster!

morning everyone!

today is my first day of clean eating. no more lean cuisines for me. Got up and did 1/2 a mile run this am and then lifted weights, arm day today. going for 2.5 mile run this afternoon after work

breakfast - multigrain bread with turkey bacon, egg whites and very thin slice of cheese YUM
snack - 15 almonds and 1 string cheese
lunch-chicken breast with 1/2 avocado over spinach salad with brocolli and 1/2 cup of white beans
snack - 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt with one cup of green grapes
dinner - salmon patties with sweet potatoes
snack - homemade peanut butter protein bars

33 points total, i get 32/day. but i'll have activity points if needed
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #1724
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies,

Looks like everyone is doing well. Lexi, looks like you'll be stepping over the threshold into Onderland soon!

I lost 1.5 lbs. for the week. I had planned on trying to throw 5:2 in the mix, but I never did last week.

My weekday menus are pretty boring and routine, but it works for me.

B: Coffee w/cream, strawberry protein shake
L: YoCheese Pudding
D: Chicken thighs, roasted veggies and/or salad.
S: Coffee w/cream, nuts
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #1725
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Hi ladies,

Looks like everyone is doing well. Lexi, looks like you'll be stepping over the threshold into Onderland soon!

I lost 1.5 lbs. for the week. I had planned on trying to throw 5:2 in the mix, but I never did last week.

My weekday menus are pretty boring and routine, but it works for me.

B: Coffee w/cream, strawberry protein shake
L: YoCheese Pudding
D: Chicken thighs, roasted veggies and/or salad.
S: Coffee w/cream, nuts
HOPE SO!!

your menu looks good!!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #1726
Senior LCF Member

Hello all.

B- coffee, cream, Splenda, shredded wheat, almond milk
L- ham sandwich on lite bread with 1 tbs dukes mayo
Sn- apple
D- lean, boneless pork chop, black-eyes peas, stir fried coleslaw with onions and oil
Sn- if needed, strawberries dipped in sugar free chocolate pudding
Caf free diet dr pepper, water
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1727
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
Your dinner sounds soooo good. I love black-eyed peas!

My boyfriend put a roast with veggies in the crockpot, so I'm looking forward to that!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #1728
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Your dinner sounds soooo good. I love black-eyed peas!

My boyfriend put a roast with veggies in the crockpot, so I'm looking forward to that!
love roast! i always buy the marble = fatty ones because they taste the best so i try not to get it too often haha.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1729
Senior LCF Member

We are cooking a roast with veggies on Wednesday, can't wait.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #1730

Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a good day/week!

Today is one week on WWP and I have lost.............4 pounds! I'm just overjoyed with this and even though I know it's always a great lost at the start of any new WOE the fact that I'm finding this new WWP plan SOOOOOO doable and easy just makes this journey a really good one.

Sticking to this plan is almost effortless for me since I'm a BIG veggie and fruit eater, but on other WOE plans I had to limit or eliminate them and this made it very hard for me. Now I can eat a piece of fruit when I want a snack without worrying if it's too many calories or too many carbs. Getting back to eating my beloved banana again is heavenly!!

And here is the biggest bonus on this WOE.....my binging is totally manageable. Sure, it's still there, but for the first time in almost a year I can talk myself off the binge ledge when I feel one sneaking up on me! I truly believe it's because I'm NOT limited or restricted on what I can or can not eat anymore. It's has set a new mind set for me like no other WOE ever has and for this alone I'm terribly grateful!!

I'm cautiously optimistic and looking forward to the next week, planning my meals, making new WW point friendly foods, and enjoying my journey!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #1731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
Awesome, Beeb!!!! That is fantastic news.

I agree that it's nice not to have to "worry" about eating an apple or banana...I had a Gala apple as part of my dinner last night.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #1732
Senior LCF Member

Beeb, glad that you are enjoying your journey. It is good to be cautious whenever you know how you respond to things. Some people have to take it one day or even one meal at a time. You are doing great with your loss -congrats.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1733
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a good day/week!

Today is one week on WWP and I have lost.............4 pounds! I'm just overjoyed with this and even though I know it's always a great lost at the start of any new WOE the fact that I'm finding this new WWP plan SOOOOOO doable and easy just makes this journey a really good one.

Sticking to this plan is almost effortless for me since I'm a BIG veggie and fruit eater, but on other WOE plans I had to limit or eliminate them and this made it very hard for me. Now I can eat a piece of fruit when I want a snack without worrying if it's too many calories or too many carbs. Getting back to eating my beloved banana again is heavenly!!

And here is the biggest bonus on this WOE.....my binging is totally manageable. Sure, it's still there, but for the first time in almost a year I can talk myself off the binge ledge when I feel one sneaking up on me! I truly believe it's because I'm NOT limited or restricted on what I can or can not eat anymore. It's has set a new mind set for me like no other WOE ever has and for this alone I'm terribly grateful!!

I'm cautiously optimistic and looking forward to the next week, planning my meals, making new WW point friendly foods, and enjoying my journey!
totally agree thats why. That has helped me remain successful. Anytime i have a bad meal/day i know its ok that i ate those things because nothing is off limits and all it will do is take me a little bit longer to get to my goal. So much easier to get back into the swing of things with that attitude.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #1734
Major LCF Poster!

just checking in. eating clean and working out. so far so good nervous to weigh in. i have no idea where im at with that right now...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #1735
Senior LCF Member

Got in my 2 mile walk, earned me 2 ww activity points woo-hoo!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #1736
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I am "unofficially" back on WW. Sssh! Don't tell anyone.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #1737
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post
Welcome (whispering)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1739

Hey everyone! Just did a whole bunch of grilling; eggplant, tomato, and.....PINEAPPLE! OMG the pineapple is so great grilled!

I keep this stuff in the fridge in closed containers to have on hand to add to a salad or sandwich! A grilled pineapple slice goes great with a ham sandwich or just by itself as a snack!

I love have 0 foods around to munch on, especially grilled stuff. I'm making a pizza tonight with all the grilled veggies, a little cheese and lots of spices. Will also grill this, too.

There is just something about that smoking, grilled taste that I love and when I do pizza on the grill it tastes like a coal fired pizza from the place up the street! I got pre-made pizza crust that for the whole crust is 18 points (6 slices for 3 points each) and with all the 0 point veggies and the bit of cheese I'm figuring each slice to be 4 - 5 points. I can each 2 slices for 10 points or less and THAT makes me a WWP camper!!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #1740
Senior LCF Member

Beeb, your pizza and pineapple sound great. I might have to give that a try!