Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #1681
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I am definitely trying 5:2! Thanks, Lexiann
you're welcome. good luck! I hope it works as well for you as it has for me... getting ready for my 2nd fast day of the week, tomorrow. its super easy for me now. and its great to have one the day before a weigh in
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #1682
Senior LCF Member
 
DallasMegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 432
Gallery: DallasMegan
Lexiann, how many of your weekly points do you typically eat?
DallasMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #1683
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMegan View Post
Lexiann, how many of your weekly points do you typically eat?
I try not to eat any of them. i usually have alot of activity points so i use those first.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1684
Senior LCF Member
 
DallasMegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 432
Gallery: DallasMegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I try not to eat any of them. i usually have alot of activity points so i use those first.
Thanks so much for the information about 5:2!
DallasMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #1685
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMegan View Post
Thanks so much for the information about 5:2!
you're welcome. im so pleased with how its helped me so i love to share.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #1686
Senior LCF Member
 
quitecontrary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 537
Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Well, I tried to go very low cal for a couple of days, but I only got down to 900 those two days. I went back to low carb through the day and a well rounded, nutritious meal for supper with a treat if I wanted it. I went to my meeting/weigh-in today, and I'm down 2 pounds.....finally! I have lost 59.6 so far, and I have 36.2 to goal. WW rocks!
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #1687
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Well, I tried to go very low cal for a couple of days, but I only got down to 900 those two days. I went back to low carb through the day and a well rounded, nutritious meal for supper with a treat if I wanted it. I went to my meeting/weigh-in today, and I'm down 2 pounds.....finally! I have lost 59.6 so far, and I have 36.2 to goal. WW rocks!
wooooo congratulations!!! )
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #1688
Major LCF Poster!
 
wannalose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: getting it together
Posts: 2,038
Gallery: wannalose
Stats: 229/208.4/155
WOE: ww/lower carb
Start Date: 2/18/10// restart 6/6/13
I have been trying a version of 5:2 I guess. I weigh in on Thursday, so on Tues and Wed I tend to eat very little (prob 600-700 cal). The rest of the week I stay within poiints. Seems to be working.

I was down 2 more this morning. So total of 19.2 since 6/6. Pretty excited. I have not seen below 210 in YEARS. 208.4 this morning!
wannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #1689
Big Yapper!!!!
 
rosedec21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,100
Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
You don't tell them at the meetings about 5:2 , do you ?? LOL
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #1690
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannalose View Post
I have been trying a version of 5:2 I guess. I weigh in on Thursday, so on Tues and Wed I tend to eat very little (prob 600-700 cal). The rest of the week I stay within poiints. Seems to be working.

I was down 2 more this morning. So total of 19.2 since 6/6. Pretty excited. I have not seen below 210 in YEARS. 208.4 this morning!
congrats!! you can do 5:2 back to back days or two separate days/week.

im an online member so i only answer to me
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #1691
Major LCF Poster!
 
wannalose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: getting it together
Posts: 2,038
Gallery: wannalose
Stats: 229/208.4/155
WOE: ww/lower carb
Start Date: 2/18/10// restart 6/6/13
No - i don't mention it - but it works for me - the weeks are very busy for me anyway, so I have little time to eat.
wannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #1692
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,371
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Hi again, sorry I posted and ran. Had some things come up in RL and haven't been here in several weeks. Interestingly, because of those things, I decided to go full on ketogenic. Did I lose anything? No. Zip, nada, nothing.

I think it's because although keeping my carbs pretty low, I was still probably getting in too many calories. So, I fired up my look-alike WW app and am going to try what I posted here I would. Doing low carb, using Weight Watchers points and throwing in 5:2 (Monday and Friday).

Lexiann, since you're the Fearless Leader of WW/5:2, you should start a thread for us. Posting here and on the 5:2 thread is double work. I nominate you to begin a thread for us. What does everyone else think? I'm going to copy this on the 5:2 thread, too.
__________________
-vanilla



Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #1693
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
May I join you lovely people here? I need accountability and tracking but counting calories is just not my thing. I find tracking points and being able to eat my veggies and fruits the best thing for me, so here I am and HERE I GO!



I am a little confused about all the low calorie some days/5:2 posters here, this being a WW thread. I understand that some incorpate other plans into their WOE but are there any "tried and true" WW people on this thread who just do WW by the book, per say?

Last edited by Beeb; 09-04-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #1694
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,562
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
There are "regular" WW Points Plus followers here, based on what I've seen. I haven't been following PP strictly, but use it as a compatible tool for counting my calories, carbs, etc. The 5:2 aspect is what some people are using to kind of "jump-start" their results -- it uses intermittent fasting. There is also a form of WW that is called the "Wendie Plan"...if you google it, you'll find some good info. It's essentially cycling -- as in eating higher points certain days and lower ones others (similar to calorie cycling).

Hope that helps!

Welcome and good luck.
__________________
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. --Bruce Lee

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. --Bill Cosby

My New Journal
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #1695
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
There are "regular" WW Points Plus followers here, based on what I've seen. I haven't been following PP strictly, but use it as a compatible tool for counting my calories, carbs, etc. The 5:2 aspect is what some people are using to kind of "jump-start" their results -- it uses intermittent fasting. There is also a form of WW that is called the "Wendie Plan"...if you google it, you'll find some good info. It's essentially cycling -- as in eating higher points certain days and lower ones others (similar to calorie cycling).

Hope that helps!

Welcome and good luck.
Thanks for the quick reply and sweet welcome! I look forward to hearing from those that are just doing WW without another plan thrown in because I find that if I try to do too many plans in one WOE I'm done for! Sticking to a simple way is the best way for me and the Points Plus Plan looks like it's simple and will be fairly easy since I have done WW before (way back in the day)!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #1696
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,562
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
I think WWPP is a great plan on its own...I still have an app. on my phone that I use to gauge my points. I've been trying to "eye" my macronutrients, so that's why I track on another site as well (as well as more accountability there).

I think you will get good responses from others here.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1697
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I think WWPP is a great plan on its own...I still have an app. on my phone that I use to gauge my points. I've been trying to "eye" my macronutrients, so that's why I track on another site as well (as well as more accountability there).

I think you will get good responses from others here.
Can you tell me which one you use and why? Thanks!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #1698
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,562
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
I PM'ed you, Beeb.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #1699
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I PM'ed you, Beeb.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #1700
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 357
Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
May I join you lovely people here? I need accountability and tracking but counting calories is just not my thing. I find tracking points and being able to eat my veggies and fruits the best thing for me, so here I am and HERE I GO!



I am a little confused about all the low calorie some days/5:2 posters here, this being a WW thread. I understand that some incorpate other plans into their WOE but are there any "tried and true" WW people on this thread who just do WW by the book, per say?

Hello there. I have been missing for months but I am back and I had a summer full of bad choices. Weight gain so I am back and determined to get back down to my goal weight. I hear this 5:2 plan and it is interesting and I will have to read up on it. I follow WW pp plan with trying to stay low carb. So we can be in this together
N
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #1701
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
hockeymom
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #1702
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I've been reading a lot of WW recipes and the snacky things all seem to be made with sugar/honey/etc.

Now my thought is if we use sugar subs won't that bring the point value down because it will bring the carb value down also? Am I thinking correct here?

Any help is always greatly appreciated since I'm SURE I'm going to be asking A LOT of questions!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1703
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I think that I am coming back to ww myself. It is really the only thing that I have had successful weight loss. I have been dallying with low carb for the past year, but can't seem to get beyond the 5 pound off, 5 pounds on. I do well all week and then blow it on the weekend. At least with ww, you can plan a splurge into your weekly points, or you can earn extra points with exercise. I do believe that both plans can be healthy or unhealthy depending on not abusing the plan per se. However, once again, ww worked for me before and I feel like that I really need to give it a fair chance.

I was planning to start on Tuesday, but have been dealing with a stomach bug for over 24 hours now, so will try to start Friday, since that is my favorite weigh in day

Is anyone attending the meetings?

Hiya Hockemom, good to see you again.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #1704
Senior LCF Member
 
quitecontrary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 537
Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Weigh-in/meeting was this morning. I was down 0.8 of a pound That's 60.4 total! Chugging right along
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #1705
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Good morning all. So far I am feeling much better today. I was actually down a couple of pounds this morning due to the "bug", but I will take it.

One thing that could keep us active on this thread would be to share any new recipes that we have tried, or maybe a new activity that we are trying...whatcha think?

So far, I am just drinking coffee. I will probably eat a Greek yogurt later and then i am hoping that I will feel up to walking today.

So...how about your day so far?
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #1706
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I think that I am coming back to ww myself. It is really the only thing that I have had successful weight loss. I have been dallying with low carb for the past year, but can't seem to get beyond the 5 pound off, 5 pounds on. I do well all week and then blow it on the weekend. At least with ww, you can plan a splurge into your weekly points, or you can earn extra points with exercise. I do believe that both plans can be healthy or unhealthy depending on not abusing the plan per se. However, once again, ww worked for me before and I feel like that I really need to give it a fair chance.

I was planning to start on Tuesday, but have been dealing with a stomach bug for over 24 hours now, so will try to start Friday, since that is my favorite weigh in day

Is anyone attending the meetings?

Hiya Hockemom, good to see you again.
i don't believe in following a strict low carb diet anymore. its just not sustainable long term. It took me awhile to realize that for myself. I think WW is something we can follow for a lifetime to aid in loss and definitely for maintaining!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #1707
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Weigh-in/meeting was this morning. I was down 0.8 of a pound That's 60.4 total! Chugging right along
yay! congrats!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #1708
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/211.6/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Good morning all. So far I am feeling much better today. I was actually down a couple of pounds this morning due to the "bug", but I will take it.

One thing that could keep us active on this thread would be to share any new recipes that we have tried, or maybe a new activity that we are trying...whatcha think?

So far, I am just drinking coffee. I will probably eat a Greek yogurt later and then i am hoping that I will feel up to walking today.

So...how about your day so far?
I just made a weight watcher recipe that you can find online on the weight watcher site, the beef and broccoli, its 5 points and is SO YUMMY! I had it with half a cup of brown rice so 8 points total for dinner.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #1709
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Breakfast- coffee. Splenda, 1/2 & 1/2, egg, grits
I did walk for 2 miles on treadmill
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #1710
Senior LCF Member
 
rotay60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 799
Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Snack-watermelon
Lunch- pork shank
Dinner - Atkins meal (beef and broccoli merlot) and cauliflower
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.