Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
I had my meeting and weigh-in this morning. I'm hormonal and I knew the scale wouldn't make me happy. I did manage to lose 1 lb. but I was hoping for 2. I have walked my short legs off this past week. Oh well, I'll take it and hope for better next week
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #1592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Carol Ann take every pound down as a winning moment! I am a very slow loser so I just care that it went down!

Food is good after a weekend full of bad. I am still hanging strong with no gain. I hope to see a little down on Saturday weigh in. Sunday my step daughter gets married and in truth I just can't wait for it to be done and over with. lol I hope she is not disappointed if it is not perfect in her eyes.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #1593
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dmvgirl
Stats: 236/206/160
WOE: WW360
Start Date: 02/01/13
Ugh, last weekend my son graduated from high school (), the party that followed was not my friend. I am still up a lb from my weigh in before the party. Then yesterday I accidentally put in 15 lbs in the online weight tracker instead of 215 and it added 6 points this week. Guess they think I need to gain weight.
dmvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #1594
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I had my meeting and weigh-in this morning. I'm hormonal and I knew the scale wouldn't make me happy. I did manage to lose 1 lb. but I was hoping for 2. I have walked my short legs off this past week. Oh well, I'll take it and hope for better next week
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #1595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wannalose
Stats: 229/208.4/155
WOE: ww/lower carb
Start Date: 2/18/10// restart 6/6/13
I am joining you all!!

I started a couple weeks ago - well, let's say, I started back a couple weeks ago. I was down 7 lbs the first week. This week I have PMS, and I ate crabs so the salt is through the roof. i am hoping the blait leaves by thrusday - my WI day.

I know this works, and now that my thyroid meds are finally kicking in, I am feeling so much better.

Chobani for breakfast with watermelon
chik fil salad for lunch
dinner prob chicken breast on the grill with veggies.
wannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #1596
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow is weigh in for me - how is everyone doing this week?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #1597
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
---HELP , I can't get motivated !
rosedec21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was weigh-in/meeting day....I was down 1.6 I've decided that if I lose an average of a pound a week I can be very happy with that.

Rose ~ Motivation is a tough one. Some weeks I am motivated, and some weeks I have a day or two that I really don't want to eat right. My motivation right now is knowing that if I don't get this weight off, I'm most certainly going to become diabetic. It runs so thick in my family. My daddy and all his eight siblings had it. My grandma on Mom's side and several of my cousins have it, and now my sister and two brothers have it. That leaves me. I don't want it!!! Just take it one day at a time or even just one meal at a time. Sooner or later it just starts to become habit.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #1599
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yesterday was weigh-in/meeting day....I was down 1.6 I've decided that if I lose an average of a pound a week I can be very happy with that.

Rose ~ Motivation is a tough one. Some weeks I am motivated, and some weeks I have a day or two that I really don't want to eat right. My motivation right now is knowing that if I don't get this weight off, I'm most certainly going to become diabetic. It runs so thick in my family. My daddy and all his eight siblings had it. My grandma on Mom's side and several of my cousins have it, and now my sister and two brothers have it. That leaves me. I don't want it!!! Just take it one day at a time or even just one meal at a time. Sooner or later it just starts to become habit.
Thank you , I will try. It's hard to believe it could become habit !!! Good luck on your health to.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #1600
Major LCF Poster!

This weight loss game is absolutely 99% motivation. I was in your same place for eyars. halfheartedly doing it, but not really. Take some off, put some on. Kept saying that I just was not ready to fully commit.

I have no idea what snapped in me, but I really think it was watching my aunt and a good friend have the weight loss surgery. They both suffered a bit afterwards but all in all did ok and look great. Except both have told me they wish they would not have done it. They can't enjoy family meals etc, cant have a glass of wine, and both have been sick intermittently. I finally thought, ok this is crazy. Its either never be able to have what I love and enjoy going out with my friends and family, or somehow, someway, learn HOW to enjoy a littel bit of what I like when I want.

I am religiously tracking everything i eat. If I cant find exact, I do the best i can. I know what you mean about learning the points values. The Ruby Tuesday Fire Starter wings. Dont. even. ask.

But now I am learning how I got here in the first place. I always thought -- well, I was pretty good this week. Can't imagine why I am not losing... YEa, well have you looked at Panera points lately? Yikes! I hope you find your mojo!!!

Ok, so weight in today - the bloat is gone!!! woo!!! down 3.4 - total 10.4! I am going to make my goal of 11 pounds by vacation, because I still have 4 more weeks!!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #1601
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannalose View Post
This weight loss game is absolutely 99% motivation. I was in your same place for eyars. halfheartedly doing it, but not really. Take some off, put some on. Kept saying that I just was not ready to fully commit.

I have no idea what snapped in me, but I really think it was watching my aunt and a good friend have the weight loss surgery. They both suffered a bit afterwards but all in all did ok and look great. Except both have told me they wish they would not have done it. They can't enjoy family meals etc, cant have a glass of wine, and both have been sick intermittently. I finally thought, ok this is crazy. Its either never be able to have what I love and enjoy going out with my friends and family, or somehow, someway, learn HOW to enjoy a littel bit of what I like when I want.

I am religiously tracking everything i eat. If I cant find exact, I do the best i can. I know what you mean about learning the points values. The Ruby Tuesday Fire Starter wings. Dont. even. ask.

But now I am learning how I got here in the first place. I always thought -- well, I was pretty good this week. Can't imagine why I am not losing... YEa, well have you looked at Panera points lately? Yikes! I hope you find your mojo!!!

Ok, so weight in today - the bloat is gone!!! woo!!! down 3.4 - total 10.4! I am going to make my goal of 11 pounds by vacation, because I still have 4 more weeks!!
Thank you for the talk , that does help !!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #1602
Blabbermouth!!!

A new low this week, which is great after all the grad parties this month. I am less than a lb away from my 10% goal and just a little more to the 25lb mark. Hopefully by July 4th weekend when my DH's family has their reunion.

DH hasn't really been tracking and it is hurting him. (So has the ice cream with hot fudge and chocolate chips). He and I started the C25K training yesterday and I dropped 1/2 a lb doing just that, but I am betting that won't happen every day. I just have to remember I CAN have just about anything I want, I just have to be sure I really want it, and that it is in moderation. I can have a little bag of chips with my lunch, I can't eat the whole big bag watching tv at night. I can have a couple Hershey kisses, but not an king size Hershey bar.

dmv does not stand for Dept. of Motor Vehicles
Old 06-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #1603
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I have a ? is someone would be so kind to answer for me:

Do all fruits and veggies come in as 0 points? And is a list I can get online that would give me the answer to this?

Thanks all, much appreciated!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #1604
Blabbermouth!!!

This is from the WW website:

Which fruits and vegetable are not 0 PointsPlus values?
There are a few veggies with a higher energy density, which therefore gives them a greater PointsPlus value. They’re starchy vegetables such as potatoes, peas, and corn. Check your tracker to see which vegetables have a PointsPlus value of 1 or more per serving. Avocados are also not 0 PointsPlus values, nor are they a Power Food. But in general when it comes to fruit, go for it—any fruit that’s fresh, frozen, or canned with no sugar or oil is 0 PointsPlus values.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvgirl View Post
This is from the WW website:

Which fruits and vegetable are not 0 PointsPlus values?
There are a few veggies with a higher energy density, which therefore gives them a greater PointsPlus value. They’re starchy vegetables such as potatoes, peas, and corn. Check your tracker to see which vegetables have a PointsPlus value of 1 or more per serving. Avocados are also not 0 PointsPlus values, nor are they a Power Food. But in general when it comes to fruit, go for it—any fruit that’s fresh, frozen, or canned with no sugar or oil is 0 PointsPlus values.
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #1606
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Well I had a bad weekend after going to Virginia to kayak but I am back on track and going to weigh a pound more but I don't want to miss a weeks meetings. I hope by my next meeting I have that down and a little more. I am a slow loser so I will take what I can get.

My health insurance pays for this but will only pay for 4 12 week sessions then I have to start paying on my own so I want this gone now.

Keep tracking.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #1607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A new low this week, which is great after all the grad parties this month. I am less than a lb away from my 10% goal.
That's so great! Every milestone makes me more motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
Well I had a bad weekend after going to Virginia to kayak but I am back on track and going to weigh a pound more but I don't want to miss a weeks meetings.
My health insurance pays for this but will only pay for 4 12 week sessions then I have to start paying on my own so I want this gone now.
The meetings are my anchor. I haven't missed one since I started January 2nd. I wish my health insurance would pay for meetings
Old 06-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #1608
Senior LCF Member

I'm just now getting to check in with you guys this week. I had my meeting/weigh-in on Wednesday, and I was down 1.8 That gets me to the 170's!!! I'm 178.2 now.

The morning of January 2nd I was sitting at work thinking about joining WW. I had thought of it many times, but since it was the first of the year, I reallly wanted to take a positive turn. I had looked at pics that my sister-in-law had posted on facebook after Christmas. I had gone back to Tennessee to visit the week before Christmas and the cameras were flashing like mad. I hate having my picture taken, especially when I'm fat. Anyway, the pics of me looked like a whale. I knew I was big, but that floored me. Since I work at a great place that is very lenient with me, I decided at 9:00 to leave and go to the meeting that started at 9:30. That was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The next week I had my weigh-in and lost 6.6 lbs. and I've never looked back. My favorite saying I've heard associated with the program is "persistence, not perfection". I always have been hard on myself. When I was doing low-carb, I couldn't keep the weight I'd lose off because when I'd 'cheat' it was a free-for-all. I'd eat for hours all the things I was missing or craving. I ended up almost 226 lbs. I've lost 47.6 lbs. and I'm never looking back.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #1609
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm just now getting to check in with you guys this week. I had my meeting/weigh-in on Wednesday, and I was down 1.8 That gets me to the 170's!!! I'm 178.2 now.

The morning of January 2nd I was sitting at work thinking about joining WW. I had thought of it many times, but since it was the first of the year, I reallly wanted to take a positive turn. I had looked at pics that my sister-in-law had posted on facebook after Christmas. I had gone back to Tennessee to visit the week before Christmas and the cameras were flashing like mad. I hate having my picture taken, especially when I'm fat. Anyway, the pics of me looked like a whale. I knew I was big, but that floored me. Since I work at a great place that is very lenient with me, I decided at 9:00 to leave and go to the meeting that started at 9:30. That was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The next week I had my weigh-in and lost 6.6 lbs. and I've never looked back. My favorite saying I've heard associated with the program is "persistence, not perfection". I always have been hard on myself. When I was doing low-carb, I couldn't keep the weight I'd lose off because when I'd 'cheat' it was a free-for-all. I'd eat for hours all the things I was missing or craving. I ended up almost 226 lbs. I've lost 47.6 lbs. and I'm never looking back.
Love your post, it is inspiring. I especially love the part I bolded. Everyone needs to remember that, especially on bad weeks, which we all do have.

I just did my 4th run/walk on the C25K training my DH and I are doing together. I do more walking than running, but the awesome part of this training is that walking is OK. Run when you can, walk the rest of the way. I burned 400 calories in today's walk/run
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #1610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Quote:

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing...your success is very inspiring, and I'm going to try WW again. I've been tracking all my food intake on a website anyways, so I know I can use the WW app just as easily. So happy for you!

Quote:
Love your post, it is inspiring. I especially love the part I bolded. Everyone needs to remember that, especially on bad weeks, which we all do have.

I just did my 4th run/walk on the C25K training my DH and I are doing together. I do more walking than running, but the awesome part of this training is that walking is OK. Run when you can, walk the rest of the way. I burned 400 calories in today's walk/run
I finished Week 1 of C25K and need to pick it up again (just moved last weekend). Now that I'm settled in, I need to get back on the exercise. Keep up the great work.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #1611
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, Valeri Little changes done repeatedly add up to positive lasting results. I really had to learn that one. I have always had the notion that I had to be perfect and the weight had to fall off fast. Now I know different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Awesome post! Thanks for sharing...your success is very inspiring, and I'm going to try WW again. I've been tracking all my food intake on a website anyways, so I know I can use the WW app just as easily. So happy for you!
Aw, Jayce To think I could inspire anyone is very humbling. I never thought that would be the case. I had given up. When I joined WW in January, I knew that this was probably my last shot. I've learned that slow and steady wins the race. I wish you much success!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

I had my weigh-in/meeting yesterday. I needed to lose 2.4 lbs to lose an even 50 total. I lost 2.2 I knew that would happen. It was bittersweet, however. I can't be mad that I lost 2.2 lbs! That's a decent loss.

Thank goodness I don't have any cookouts or Fourth of July celebrations to attend. I can do the program and go to those things, but it's easier to not have to worry with it. All my family and friends are back home in Tennessee, so there's really no one we hang out with here.

I'm still trying to get off of the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. I love it so much. I've been brewing tea and making a gallon about every 4 days. I put DaVinci sugar-free syrups in them to give them some taste and I put some Sweet-n-Low or Splenda in them, too. My favorite so far is the cookie dough flavor. I know it sounds weird but it's very good.

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #1613

Good luck to everyone!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1614
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread or not but i wanted to post and hopefully that will spark more posts again I started WW online in March 2013 so far im close to 30 lbs lost since then (close to 40 since jan 2012) anyway i've done it with WW and with the 5:2 diet, im not currently following 5:2 but it WORKS. Also I exercise I'm trying to reach 150 lbs by my year mark in March, that would equal 97 lbs lost. I could very well do it. I have 19 or so lbs to lose to get to 200, hoping i reach that in sept, then im going to shoot for another 25 by January 1st and another 25 from there by March 4, 2013... im getting excited typing about it. I feel like i've come so far BUT getting to onederland will truly be a milestone for me and i'll really feel accomplished once i get there! consistency is key and i just have to keep at it!

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1615
Senior LCF Member

Lexiann ~ You WILL get to onederland!!! I hadn't been there for years, but I did it with WW I love this program!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #1616
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lexiann ~ You WILL get to onederland!!! I hadn't been there for years, but I did it with WW I love this program!
Thank you!!!! Starting out this year at 247 onederland seemed so far away, im closer now but it'll still take some hard work, which im willing to contribute!

i too love the program!

oh and i haven't seen onederland since 2009 when i started on low carb.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1617
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still here!! I have missed two weeks of meetings because fo vacation and then last week July 4th (I do at work - no other close meetings). HOWEVER, and this is a biggie, i have continued to track every day! That is a huge victory for me. prior to this, if I knew I was not going to a meeting, all bets were off. According to my scale (which consisteny weighs higher than the WW scale here) I am down. I weigh in tomorrow, so wish me luck!

I am also figuring some things out along the "weigh" haha - like I really do loe food, but I do not need nearly as much as I thought to be full. And - this is a biggie - if I want something I know is really high in points, I CAN just eat a little bit of it and be done. I know some cannot, but I can. I have also not been drinking too much wine, which i love, but I love food more.

So, I will report back tomorrow. Great job lexiann!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #1618
Major LCF Poster!

wannalose congrats for tracking on your vacation and the holiday, i think thats amazing! good for you! I hope you have a nice loss tomorrow, good luck!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #1619
Senior LCF Member

I had my meeting/weigh-in today, and I lost 0.8 which was more than enough to get me to my 50 pound loss!!! Now on to the next 45
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #1620
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I had my meeting/weigh-in today, and I lost 0.8 which was more than enough to get me to my 50 pound loss!!! Now on to the next 45
Yaaaaaaaaa. I am having a tough time----I'm am craving everything !!!!!!!!!! CRY