Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #1471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
I had my meeting and weigh-in this morning and I lost 2.4 pounds this past week When I think I've had a bad week I lose and when I think I've had a good week I have a small loss. It's weird
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.2/215 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I had my meeting and weigh-in this morning and I lost 2.4 pounds this past week When I think I've had a bad week I lose and when I think I've had a good week I have a small loss. It's weird
LOL...isn't it crazy how our bodies behave sometimes? Congrats on the loss!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #1473
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
LOL...isn't it crazy how our bodies behave sometimes? Congrats on the loss!

Thanks so much!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #1474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love&Luck
Stats: (229) 181/168.5/140 5'4"
WOE: NK
Start Date: yep
Hi! I thought I would join in on this thread if that's OK. I've been bouncing between LC and WW for years. About 3 years ago I lost from 229 to 146 on mostly WW but tanked my thyroid which bought me a weight gain back up to about 180 before it started coming back down. My stats are current.

I've done (and am just coming off) straight LC on WW and I move my dailies up to 32 to account for the point bounce for the higher fat and protein. My problem is I'll only lose for about 2 weeks and then stop for who knows how long (including keeping my calories/carbs low) -- I mentally can't take it and go back to normal but lower carb WW. Generally, I'm around 80-120 NC and seem to do OK with that. So as of today I'm back to 26 DP.

I go to meetings -- we have WW at work and just had my weigh in. I was down 1.2 this week so I have 14.2 to hit my WW goal (145) and then another 15 I would like to get off. I'm not expecting much next Wed due to adding carbs back in, but we'll see! Maybe my exercise will counter it some.

Looking forward to posting here and offering support!

45 years old

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook” Julia Child
Love&Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #1475
Senior LCF Member

Kim!

We seem to all have our own ways of doing WW. I love hearing what works for everyone!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Hi guys! Welcome Kim! I agree, our bodies are odd sometimes. I only get to about 1 meeting a month but I record my weight every Tuesday. For some reason, my body will drop weight on Wed. or Thurs? Just when I think it isn't working I'll wake up to a good woosh. I was 1.5 lbs. lighter today after staying the same all week. The same thing has happened for the past few weeks.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #1477
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome Carol Ann and Erin!

Erin - I'm the same way! I stay pretty steady throughout the week and usually get one big drop a week and that's my loss for the week - same time as you also (T-W, maybe R).

My plan for the day - what's yours?

B: banana, cheese/veggie sausage on a light english muffin (6)

L: homemade chicken chili, lettuce/tomato salad with lt ranch (7)

S: Trader Joe's cheddar cheese stick, orange (2)

D: shrimp w/lt alfredo over Carba Nada pasta, roasted broccoli, 1/2c light ice cream (11)

A bit higher than normal in carbs (132NC) but happy to have them again after the last 3 weeks of VLC.

I'll be on the treadmill after work running/walking for 60 minutes.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #1478
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Used 15 of my flex points for Peanut Butter cookies last night. I really was stressed and just wanted to buy a pizza and some wine. The cookies were a better choice, believe it or not. I keep the frozen cookies in the freezer so I can portion out how many I cook. I can't go and buy 1 slice of pizza and a glass of wine.

Plan for today is:

Usual lunch salad of kale, dark greens, radish, beets, shrimp, sunflower seeds and dressing =5

Boiled egg for snack=2

Pan fried Ribeye with broccoli and butter=15?
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1479
Senior LCF Member

Good strategy with the cookies!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #1480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Congratulations! I love it when that happens. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to catch up. But it's all good if the scale is going the right way.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #1481
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Luck View Post
Hi! I thought I would join in on this thread if that's OK. I've been bouncing between LC and WW for years. About 3 years ago I lost from 229 to 146 on mostly WW but tanked my thyroid which bought me a weight gain back up to about 180 before it started coming back down. My stats are current.

I've done (and am just coming off) straight LC on WW and I move my dailies up to 32 to account for the point bounce for the higher fat and protein. My problem is I'll only lose for about 2 weeks and then stop for who knows how long (including keeping my calories/carbs low) -- I mentally can't take it and go back to normal but lower carb WW. Generally, I'm around 80-120 NC and seem to do OK with that. So as of today I'm back to 26 DP.

I go to meetings -- we have WW at work and just had my weigh in. I was down 1.2 this week so I have 14.2 to hit my WW goal (145) and then another 15 I would like to get off. I'm not expecting much next Wed due to adding carbs back in, but we'll see! Maybe my exercise will counter it some.

Looking forward to posting here and offering support!
Welcome to our group! I'm like you - I need to watch my carbs but I do eat them. I've been watching them closer this week so I can lose some lbs I gained over the last few months. I feel so much better when I have lower (eating good carbs like fruit) so I have no idea why I sometimes fall off the wagon. But, this has been a good week - we can do it - our Ohio spring weather is almost here to stay.

And...I love your dog picture. I also have a yellow lab - they're the best.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1482
Senior LCF Member

Thanks HockeyMom!

He's my big baby. We got him from a rescue when he was 2 -- we went in looking for small girl and got the biggest boy they had! He's 10 1/2 now and such a sweetie - everyone loves him and brings him treats (he was the rolls to prove it!).

I ended up swapping my carbier dinner last night for a chicken caesar I made at home -- a better choice!

Tonight I have my main issue with WW -- eating out. I have such problems in restaurants trying to keep calories low enough that I don't blow through all my extra points in one or two meals out. I've learned I can eat most of my WP but really can't eat my AP and expect to lose much. This was where LC made my life very simple. I guess I'll just try and apply the same principals, but in my head it's so tempting when I'm on WW to get the other stuff. I don't hear that "noise" when I'm on LC. KWIM?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #1483
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fellswoop
Hello all, I've been bouncing around this site today, trying to find the right "home" - and overlooked this at first. I just finished my first week back on WW (I imagine I needn't explain "back on WW" here to anyone) and gained 3.5 lbs. I am so NOT proud. Then again, after a few days of meticulous tracking, I ate 47 weight watchers ice cream bars in two or three days. Yes, I've checked in on the various binge threads, too. So, I'm thinking, despite my exercising, some amount of those 47 bars (like perhaps 40 of them) may account for my weight gain. I'm glad to see this thread is active and I'll enjoy reading what people are eating regularly. I think it will inspire me to get on plan and stick to it. I hope. Something has to shake loose here - I am really displeased with my current condition.
fellswoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #1484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinkingviolet
Stats: 248/238.4/140
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Oct 2010, restarting July 2014
Ugh I really need to take myself in hand here, the hormones are raging and I'm out of control food wise. I'm trying to go WW but watching the carbs, but have consumed my own weight in chocolate over the last couple of days, NAUGHTY. Im trying to be nice to myself. Back on the wagon tomorrow, it's a new day.
Shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #1485
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fellswoop
Good luck Shrinkingviolet. While it's good to know I'm not alone, it's unfortunate that having company means there's others struggling, too. Lately I feel like it's PMS all day, every day. Except without the hormones. Just the chocolate.
fellswoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dmvgirl
Stats: 236/206/160
WOE: WW360
Start Date: 02/01/13

I am up .8 lbs this week, but yesterday was my last day on crutches (hopefully)!! I was also snacking a little bit too much at work since I was sitting on my butt for 2 weeks. Back to losing starting today.
dmvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #1487
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning. After a day if low carb I'm almost down to my previous low. Looks like my body needs more calories and less carbs...ill keep aging around and hopefully find a sweet spot to lose. I'm ready to be thin again.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #1488
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellswoop View Post
Hello all, I've been bouncing around this site today, trying to find the right "home" - and overlooked this at first. I just finished my first week back on WW (I imagine I needn't explain "back on WW" here to anyone) and gained 3.5 lbs. I am so NOT proud. Then again, after a few days of meticulous tracking, I ate 47 weight watchers ice cream bars in two or three days. Yes, I've checked in on the various binge threads, too. So, I'm thinking, despite my exercising, some amount of those 47 bars (like perhaps 40 of them) may account for my weight gain. I'm glad to see this thread is active and I'll enjoy reading what people are eating regularly. I think it will inspire me to get on plan and stick to it. I hope. Something has to shake loose here - I am really displeased with my current condition.
Welcome to the group! I'm with ya - I was there and this week I'm recommitted and it's been hard to get rid of the carb/junk food cravings. You can do it. We've all been there.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #1489
Senior LCF Member

Went to WW meeting and weigh-in today. I'm down from this week so I'm feeling better good. But...like Love&Luck I'm going out ot dinner tomorrow so I hope I can stay strong. Looking forward to another good week next week.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #1490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
hey Hockeymom, good to see you back. I have moved back over to low carb, just can't wrap my head around WW right now. I have missed you and our other friend Penny ( have not seen her in a long time). Glad you had a good week.

Hi everyone!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
hey Hockeymom, good to see you back. I have moved back over to low carb, just can't wrap my head around WW right now. I have missed you and our other friend Penny ( have not seen her in a long time). Glad you had a good week.

Hi everyone!
We have almost the same stats. I'm 4'11 and right under 130. Being short is hard work!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #1492

Well looks like low carb is working right now. New low and hit the 5 pound loss mark since starting march 1st. Hoping things move faster now
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #1493
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
We have almost the same stats. I'm 4'11 and right under 130. Being short is hard work!
You're right - it's hard to be short! And, there was another board on here for short people struggling with getting the mixture of carbs/calories just right. I'll have to look for it again.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #1494
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Congratulations! I love it when that happens. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to catch up. But it's all good if the scale is going the right way.
Thanks, and I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkingviolet View Post
Back on the wagon tomorrow, it's a new day.
That's what I am loving about WW - If I have a 'bad' day, I just pick up and start again the next day. I don't beat myself up. We're only human

Quote:
Well looks like low carb is working right now. New low and hit the 5 pound loss mark since starting march 1st. Hoping things move faster now
Congrats!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

I went today to buy new clothes for the first time in years. (I'm a blue-jean girl, so I don't have to try things on.) My supervisor is getting married this coming Saturday, so I had to buy dress clothes. I've lost a little over 30 lbs since January 2nd, so I was feeling really good about myself....until I saw myself in the fitting room mirror I was sure I looked better than that

Well, disgusted and unable to find anything that looked decent on me, I headed to another store, sure I wouldn't find anything and trying to think up excuses I'd use to get out of the wedding. At the last store I tried, I headed for the women's section and found 2 skirts and a blouse, plus a dress jacket. I tried them on....and loved them!!! However, the smallest size they had them in was 1X, and they were just slightly too big. That redeemed my self-esteem a little.

Now I've got to decide what exactly I'm gonna do about eating at the reception and drinking alcohol. I'm known at the work parties for being the 'lush', but we have one party a year and I let loose and embarrass myself every time. I may be good and have only a couple of glasses and eat as lightly as possible.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/171.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
Hi, I'm doing WW but want to combine it with low ish carb. Do any of you do that? I don't want to do strictly low carb and need the structure of the weigh ins and points system.
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/171.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
Oops after reading the threads I see a lot of you are doing sort of low carb with WW. Looks like I found the right spot
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #1498
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl37 View Post
Oops after reading the threads I see a lot of you are doing sort of low carb with WW. Looks like I found the right spot
You did--Welcome Aboard !
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #1499
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl37 View Post
Welcome Fellswoop and NC Girl! It sounds like several of us go back and forth as needed as well as just do WW while keeping the carbs lower.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I ended up out to dinner both Fri and Sat (not unusual for us) plus a nephew's birthday party on Sun. I managed to use all my WP during the weekend and not go into my APs which is what I was aiming for. So I'll stick to 26 for today and tomorrow and weigh in on Wed. It's TOM later this week, plus I added back the carbs since last Wed, but I'm hoping to see a little something.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #1500
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
I know, right? Being 53 doesn't help either.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote