Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Avon, I go to the WW site also. I find that the power foods board tends to be more of a low carb type woe, however, it is so boring. Same topics almost everyday. I said something one day about spicing it up, but did not get much feedback. I really like the main lobby here, but don't feel that I fit in since I have chosen WW/ LC plan. However, I am losing this way and just kept losing/ gaining the same pounds when I was trying to do just low carb. YMMV. . I do try to limit my bread to 1 or 2 times a week. I might eat a banana/ peanut butter sandwich. Maybe it is the peanut butter, but this seems to keep me satisfied both in the brain and belly.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BSRBoom
Stats: 237 (OUCH!)/213/175
WOE: ww
Start Date: April 2012
Hi all! I have been doing ww on line with my daughter for about a month now. As of this morning I have lost 16 pounds doing ww!! Three pounds just this week Daughter and I are both doing well. Lost some on lc, but was having a hard time staying on track when i didn't see the scales move like they did in the past. I am enjoying having the fruit and eating the light bread, and love, love, love the McDonalds parfaits. Would like to join in here and get to know the rest of you. Hope everyone is able to enjoy your saturday.

Good habits result from resisting temptation.
BSRBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
This lower carb version of WW I've decided to do is working well.

I had steak made with butter last night! It was heaven.

I still have my smoothie in the morning, and protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. Yesterday I just had eggs for lunch though. I have a hard time getting in veggies.

I've been doing WW since January and am losing so slow. I had the big whoosh at the beginning and then it slowed right down. I think cutting down on carbs will help tremendously.
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: avonkimmer
Welcome Beverly! Tina, a steak sounds heavenly. I found out today that my cravings are most likely because TOM just arrived. Now I dread weigh in on Monday. But, I am dedicated to staying with this for a while. Hope everyone has an eating plan for the weekend. I do and I'm planning for some exercise. Anyone else drink lots of water? I usually get a minimum of 64 oz. per day. Going to shoot for more during TOM.
avonkimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by avonkimmer View Post
I keep forgetting to check in here. I spend most of my free time at the WW site. Having a hard time this week. My LowCarb brain thinks that the added fruit and grains I'm eating (even though not a whole lot) is causing me to constantly think I'm hungry. I wish I could just sit still and not have to eat. It's going to take time, I know. I am having a hard, hard time staying on plan!
Hang in there! I eat a couple servings of fruit and other miscellaneous carbs each day. I did LC off and on for a long time but I just couldn't be successful over the long haul. I'd want a cocktail or brownies or something that didn't fit into the plan very easily. I was always thinking about it. WW is so much easier for me. I still struggle somedays but so far every weigh in has had some type of loss. This week was only .4 lbs. but overall 18.5 since the middle of March. I won't break any records but as long as I keep losing I feel super happy! I've finally realized weight is always going to be an issue for me but I know with WW's I can successfully deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Avon, I go to the WW site also. I find that the power foods board tends to be more of a low carb type woe, however, it is so boring. Same topics almost everyday. I said something one day about spicing it up, but did not get much feedback. I really like the main lobby here, but don't feel that I fit in since I have chosen WW/ LC plan. However, I am losing this way and just kept losing/ gaining the same pounds when I was trying to do just low carb. YMMV. . I do try to limit my bread to 1 or 2 times a week. I might eat a banana/ peanut butter sandwich. Maybe it is the peanut butter, but this seems to keep me satisfied both in the brain and belly.
Peanut butter and banana sandwich sounds sooo yummy! I LOVE peanut butter. I've had to keep it out of the house because I can just eat it and eat it and eat it! Probably 50 points worth! Moderation and peanut butter just don't compute with my brain/tummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSRBoom View Post
Hi all! I have been doing ww on line with my daughter for about a month now. As of this morning I have lost 16 pounds doing ww!! Three pounds just this week Daughter and I are both doing well. Lost some on lc, but was having a hard time staying on track when i didn't see the scales move like they did in the past. I am enjoying having the fruit and eating the light bread, and love, love, love the McDonalds parfaits. Would like to join in here and get to know the rest of you. Hope everyone is able to enjoy your saturday.
EXCELLENT job!

Quote:
Welcome Beverly! Tina, a steak sounds heavenly. I found out today that my cravings are most likely because TOM just arrived. Now I dread weigh in on Monday. But, I am dedicated to staying with this for a while. Hope everyone has an eating plan for the weekend. I do and I'm planning for some exercise. Anyone else drink lots of water? I usually get a minimum of 64 oz. per day. Going to shoot for more during TOM.
I drink lots of water, iced tea too! Exercise? Hopefully!

Welcome Beverly!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

BSR, wow 16 in about a month. That is great. Welcome aboard, glad you found us. I completely understand about Not seeing the scales move.

Yummo on the steak w/butter.
Avon- keep up the water consumption, hopefully it will do the trick..
Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
I am plugging right along...this is day 6 for me. I have not eaten all of my points most days...need to work on that, plan better, and eat more earlier in the days that I will not get home from work until late.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
srsmom: good for you. It just gets easier. I'm on week 16 - I think. I have found that some days I don't get all my points in -- those are days that I didn't plan well. I try to eat new fun vegitables and most are 0 pts. I am not hungry so I don't force food just to get my points. Other days I get all my points in. Just balances out. Good for you to keeping it going for 6 days. That first week is the hardest.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
srsmom: good for you. It just gets easier. I'm on week 16 - I think. I have found that some days I don't get all my points in -- those are days that I didn't plan well. I try to eat new fun vegitables and most are 0 pts. I am not hungry so I don't force food just to get my points. Other days I get all my points in. Just balances out. Good for you to keeping it going for 6 days. That first week is the hardest.
Thanks. I have been home this morning (and woke up starving), so have already had 14 points. Today will be one where I eat them all. Just need to plan what to take to work for dinner.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #130
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
It is no wonder I am having a hard time! I don't enough during the day and I wind up going batty after my gym workouts. Yikes!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Lora: at someting low in carbs and high in protein (almonds, cheese stick) before your workout (or immediately after). That way you won't be starving. For me - that leads to some impulse eatting - yikes.

Went golfing yesterday and again today with my boys. Had a great time. Got in some activity points to counteract the use of some of my weekly points. Weigh in is on Thursday so I'm trying to be good until then. Today - I had low carb and stayed within my points. I think I'll have some berries for snack.

Hope everyone had a good Monday...

Tomorrow: I roasted some red and yellow peppers in the oven. And, then decided to roast up the zuchinni too. Now I need to find something to make with it -- maybe some chicken or fish.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Weigh in was tonight. I'm down. 6 this week but with TOM I'm really OK with it. I lost 1 point with that little loss. That doesn't worry me though. The first week on WW I thought I would starve I've come to see that I'm not starving at all. Zumba tomorrow and Thursaday. I love my Zumba w
orkouts!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmom View Post
I am plugging right along...this is day 6 for me. I have not eaten all of my points most days...need to work on that, plan better, and eat more earlier in the days that I will not get home from work until late.
I struggled with all my points the first week or two too. It seemed like I was always eating. Now though eating them all is not a problem! I eat every few hours as long as I plan my days I do okay. I'm on week 9 or 10.

Quote:
Weigh in was tonight. I'm down. 6 this week but with TOM I'm really OK with it. I lost 1 point with that little loss. That doesn't worry me though. The first week on WW I thought I would starve I've come to see that I'm not starving at all. Zumba tomorrow and Thursaday. I love my Zumba w
orkouts!
I was down .4 this past week and I was happy too. This week though I'm hoping for more. I've been eating the same stuff every day and then grabbing a bag of cookies or chips late at night because I don't feel satisfied even though I'm full. I need to try some different recipes and change my proteins up.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ckcrouch
Stats: 1st time 187/138 NOW 203.8/173.4/155 5'6
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: 2007 restart ALL THE TIME grrrr
Good morning everyone!

My weigh in was Sat and I weighed in at 179. I'm down 2.6 for the week, which is really shocking due to TOM. But as per usual, I'm up a couple pounds already this week. Weighed in this morning at 182.6, so up 3.6 lbs . I'm hoping I can get it down plus some by Saturday.

I was feeling pretty funky yesterday and just starting to feel better today. Off to read all the posts I've missed since Friday...

Hope everyone has a great week!!
ckcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

On the ww board, a question came up regarding if you could do a low carb and ww combo, below was my response:

I am on another website where we do a LC/WW type of eating. It boils down to not doing either plan 100%. I am probably lower carb than weight watchers advises, but to the low carbers, I would be in the moderate carb arena. The way that I follow it, is to only eat whole grains about 2x per week, 1-2 servings of fruit daily, I do eat lean protein, but do eat full fat ranch, and mayo. I eat light butter. I count points for all when doing tracking or points for items not inclueded on the power fool list when doing SFT. I ran a side by side tracking with carbs, points, and calories, and was within range on all accounts, but I don't want to track like this everyday, so I use e-tools. I hope this helps.

I hope that I don't get beat up on their site.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ckcrouch
Stats: 1st time 187/138 NOW 203.8/173.4/155 5'6
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: 2007 restart ALL THE TIME grrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I hope that I don't get beat up on their site.
Good luck I've noticed that there's not much of a sense of humor
ckcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #137
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hello All. I am thinking about restarting WW Points Plus this Friday. I'll check in daily for encouragement, motivation, etc.

Have a good evening.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

rotay60 -- agree with you -- those WW board folks are a little grumpy. I think it's all those WW snacks they eat -- those things are loaded in useless carbs. I'm praying for a good weigh in this week. I haven't been drinking all my water - I've just been too busy and not paying attention.

Guys - I have found some good WW recipe websites - am I allowed to post them here? Didn't know how site people feel about that. I've been eating more vegitables then I used to - and not as many nuts. That's a good thing.

Welcome @iamMeekness -- we'd love you to join us.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hello All. I am thinking about restarting WW Points Plus this Friday. I'll check in daily for encouragement, motivation, etc.

Have a good evening.

Welcome Meekness!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Meekness welcome, post often. We will try to help in any way possible.

All - Well, I have been a bit worried about this week. I over-indulged a bit on Sunday, so have had to watch everything very carefully - again. According to points, I should have been ok. If you remember, I had a 3.8# loss last week, and I have been up 2.6# so far this week until this morning. I was back at 137 - whew. I have got to quit over indulging - too scary.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like we are all doing pretty well, moving forward.

Rotaty, I have trouble in that if I overindulge, I feel "off the wagon" so to speak, and it easily turns into 15-20 pounds. I have dieted for the last 20 years (yikes!)...and I still have this unhealthy on again/off again thinking. Not sure how to get rid of that.

I know it is best to just do better the next meal, or next day. Not sure why that seems so hard.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

srs - other than my over indulgence of points on a particular day, I am pretty much staying in line. I know that ww's allows for these things, which make the program "do-able".
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

srs----I call it self-sabatoge. I do it. I know a lot of women who do it. I'm determined to break the cycle in myself. I plan to get/stay active here and hopefully you all will help me to be accountable. I have another group of friends that encourage each other with exercise, drinking water and getting enough rest. Then personally, I have set some short term and long term goals. My long term goal is a little over 3 years away. I hope the combination of all of these things will help me not to give up for 6 month - 1 year at a time and then start all over.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Well I am off work the next five days, and it is a holiday weekend....need I say more? I am going to have to do some intense planning, and as much exercise as possible. How are you guys planning to stay on program or will this long weekend affect any of you?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Rotay60 - I'm with you - I also had 1 high point day but other than that -- I jumped back on track. It's going to be hard for the holiday weekend. We're going to my mom's house for the weekend and she loves to eat (especially desserts). I will stay strong - I hope!

srsmom - I've been there - done that too. WW/LC seems different. I think it's easier to jump back on track. Not sure why but it is. I had to learn not to beat myself up and just move on. Weigh-ins help keep me accountable. For the first time in a long time this just seems easier for me.

I'm going to try to get in some exercise too. I'm going to need to plan meals better and take some food with me for the weekend. We'll all just need to be strong...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Hockey- I agree with you in that it does seems easier to get back on track the next day or meal. I guess that with the formulations that WW uses, it makes it possible to have an "off" meal or day and not sabotage yourself for the next ? days. I know that for me, I could do low carb all week, have one off day, and that was it. It is like it countered all my good work that I had done all week. That was very discouraging. I wish that it had not done that, because I really like doing LC. However, now that it i am doing WW, i am taking advantage of some fruit, a little bread, and 2-3 sweet potatoes a week, and some beer on the weekend, and am still being successful. I am not eating as much fat though, which I think causes some problems for me in the bathroom area if ya know what I mean. I think that I might need to tweak the fat issue a bit by allowing more, and then maybe less carbs- we'll see, just not this weekend. Well, I wish all a safe, happy, and successful weekend.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

I am definitely not doing LC right now...just WW Points Plus, though I throw in a point for fruit here and there since I know it has calories, and I am pretty much staying away from added sugars and HFCS.

I am eating Kashi crackers, whole wheat cinnamon bread, grits, etc. ...whole grain type things within the WW points.

Curious to see my weigh in tomorrow. We are doing a Biggest Loser contest at work, and we all weigh on Fridays. I would weigh much more often, but my scale is the one we use at work!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Today was weigh-in day at work. We are all doing so well. We have some guys in our group too (they just lose so quick - ugh) but we're at almost 200 lbs in 15 weeks for our group of 8 people. That's amazing. We only have 9 people in our entire location so it's a little bit of peer pressure / competitiveness that keep us all going.

Today -- down 3 lbs. I made my 20 lb mark - that's so exciting. Another friend made goal. This plan is doable for me - for lifetime. I do keep my eye on my carbs -- that's a big problem for me.

Got to run --- off for the weekend. See everyone on Tuesday
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Yay Hockeymon. You are doing great.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post

Today -- down 3 lbs. I made my 20 lb mark - that's so exciting. Another friend made goal. This plan is doable for me - for lifetime.
AWESOME!!