Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Very disappointed. Weighed in after one week and lost nothing. Been super sick since Sunday and not eating much [soup] and TOM came yesterday but still, nothing on week one???/
Still thinking about you. Are you weighing in at home also?
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #1322
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
Awwww thx erin and mom23! I appreciate the support! I will still plug along, see what happens when cold and TOM leave...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Thank you Erin it was a bigger deal when I hit onderland the first time but I will take it. I just can't wait to see my lowest again. Still kicking myself for not doing so hot at Maintence.

Friday's during lent are hard for me since I have seafood allergies and the Dr would like me not to eat any seafood now. I still eat what I know does not bother me. I stay away from all the fish I know will give me a rash. It makes perfect sense to me but not the dr. lol

Menu:
Breakfast:
Banana
Yogurt 2pp
Lunch:
Tuna salad 5pp
Bread 1pp
Snack:
Celery
hummas 1pp
laughing cow cheese 1pp
Dinner:
shrimp 5pp
salad
apple
salad dressing 2pp

I struggle on Friday to get all my points in so I'll let you know how it goes.

Weigh in on Sat morning and not down at all on my home scale but I had 2 drinks last Saturday night (diet and rum) and that had me back up 2 pounds.

Oh I hate the struggle for me to lose with the insulin resistance.

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #1324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/154.8/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: January 2013
Erin ~ We sound so much alike! I have done some IF before and loved it. It just suits me. I will have an Atkins meal bar or salad or something like that around 10 in the morning then another lower carb small meal around 1:00. Then supper is a healthy balanced meal around 4:00 with protein, dairy, lots of veggies, and a piece of fruit. If I have room and feel like it I'll have a Weight Watchers ice cream bar or something small for dessert. If I eat enough at my evening meal, then I don't get hungry again before bedtime.

So yesterday my 25-year-old son who knows everything told me to try eating every 2-3 hours all day because that's ' healthier'. Well, I had my worst day since I started WW. I had a bad blood sugar crash at 8:00 after eating at 5:00 a.m. I was constantly hungry and obsessed with my next mini-meal, and I went over my daily points by 10! Never again. I love my son to pieces, but he isn't a 45-year-old woman whose had a hysterectomy. I know myself better than anyone

Btw, I noticed you are in Nashville. I was born and raised in East TN in Greeneville, and just moved to Pittsburgh 4 years ago. I sure do miss it

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #1325
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I made it through day one of tracking. I used 5 of my flex points because not only did I have the Doritos before I joined but I cooked spaghetti last night. It'll be easier now since I know what to expect I think.

We are leaving for NY today for 17 days. There will be a lot of eating out but I'm determined to at least be down a few pounds when I get back and I will track everything.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #1326
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
Erin57 I am on line only at this point. So just weighing in at home, not at a center.

Bought the Active link and unfortunately [or maybe fortunately?] I was sick almost this whole week of my evaluation phase. I am normally pretty active, I used to run ALL THE TIME but got burned out. Trying to get back into it. I also take classes at the gym body combat, etc, walk during my son's soccer practices and take a pilates reformer class so I hope activity will not be an issue for me. Anyway, due to being sick and literally in bed for 3 days I have a very relaxed goal. I will amend if I need to. I like this new tool ww has added.

I too have food allergies and I think thats why LC has stopped working for me. I just got them diagnosed a year ago after 3 years of symptoms and I think, for me, they make me feel deprived and so when I tried to do LC [which worked awesome for me in the past] I could never stick to it bc it meant eliminating even more foods from my diet and I rebelled and wouldnt/couldnt stick to LC.

Thats what made me try ww again. Historically I lost best on any diet with Atkin's but as I said I cannot stay on plan so here I am.

Last edited by lil miss; 03-01-2013 at 05:18 AM..
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #1327
Major LCF Poster!

Lil miss- I went 2 years on a weight loss clinic diet and lost 155 pounds. I could not stick with it for the rest of my life. With my insulin resistance I gain very easy and felt very deprived.

Here was what I ate for 14 months without a cheat to get most of the weight off

Breakfast
1 egg
1 slice low cal bread
1 fruit serving
Snack- portein shake from the clinic
Lunch
4 oz grilled chicken or turkey
1 carb
1 vegetable mainly salad
Snack- protein shake or pudding from clinic and a fruit
Dinner
4 oz chicken or turkey
1 vegetable

Because I couldn't eat much fish I had very limiting choices. You could not use salt or anything canned. I just could not stick with it and am kicking myself everyday but I am trying hard to get back to where I was and live a little.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #1328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
Lil miss- I went 2 years on a weight loss clinic diet and lost 155 pounds. I could not stick with it for the rest of my life. With my insulin resistance I gain very easy and felt very deprived.

Here was what I ate for 14 months without a cheat to get most of the weight off

Breakfast
1 egg
1 slice low cal bread
1 fruit serving
Snack- portein shake from the clinic
Lunch
4 oz grilled chicken or turkey
1 carb
1 vegetable mainly salad
Snack- protein shake or pudding from clinic and a fruit
Dinner
4 oz chicken or turkey
1 vegetable

Because I couldn't eat much fish I had very limiting choices. You could not use salt or anything canned. I just could not stick with it and am kicking myself everyday but I am trying hard to get back to where I was and live a little.

No kicking allowed. You shoud be patting yourself on the back for keeping the bulk of it off. You are so smart to look for something that is sustainable for you.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #1329
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in this morning down .7 pounds. I'll take it a little closer to goal and after losing 4.2 last week I knew this would be a small week.

Today was a busy day and we ate out for lunch and dinner. I hate days like that but sometimes it happens.

Breakfast
Bran flakes 3pp
1/2 2% milk 2pp
Banana 0
Lunch Qdoba naked salad
lettuce, tomato, pinto beans, chicken, lowfat sour cream 8pp
cheese stick 1pp
Dinner Taco Bell
chicken soft taco fresco style 4pp
pintos and cheese -cheese 3pp
Snack
pea soup 5pp
Apple

Stuck with my points but I bet to much salt.

Tomorrow is a new day but at least I did 1 hour of cardio at the gym and a little bit of swimming with the kids.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #1330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dmvgirl
Stats: 236/206/160
WOE: WW360
Start Date: 02/01/13
I went to a Spanish restaurant with DH and friends last night. We all shared tons of tapas, and guac and this amazing red chimichurri sauce on focaccia bread. At 9 pm before heading to the movies. It was not a great scale morning.. I had to guess at my points especially since I don't even know what everything was that I was eating. I think I will just have to avoid needing to use my weekly points for the rest of the week.

Today I had grilled chicken and salad, lots and lots of salad.
dmvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #1331

I'm doing well here on day 3. The last 2 days were difficult and I went over my points but today I was actually under a little. I went grocery shopping and have lots on hand so I'm hoping I'm moving in the right direction. I'm out of town visiting family until the 18th so ill call any losses the next few weeks successful!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #1332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/14/2004 new 10/9/12
I started 2 wks ago and lost 10 lbs. I just put my weight in and I lose 2 pts already. I have been doing pretty good staying at my set number and hope I can adjust with the number going down. I was on before and stuggled with the pts being lower, This time I had 9 pts more to start.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #1333
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinny View Post
I started 2 wks ago and lost 10 lbs. I just put my weight in and I lose 2 pts already. I have been doing pretty good staying at my set number and hope I can adjust with the number going down. I was on before and stuggled with the pts being lower, This time I had 9 pts more to start.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #1334
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have found that not having to count non-starchy veggies and fruit helps me out with the points. If I know I've had all my daily points and I still need something, I'll grab an apple or a pear or maybe some baby carrots. And since we have 49 weekly points at our disposal, if I take a couple from that I don't feel like I've ruined my diet.

Your weight loss is awesome! KUTGW!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #1335
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #1336
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I'm doing well here on day 3. The last 2 days were difficult and I went over my points but today I was actually under a little. I went grocery shopping and have lots on hand so I'm hoping I'm moving in the right direction. I'm out of town visiting family until the 18th so ill call any losses the next few weeks successful!
Having the right stuff on hand makes it so much easier to stay on track. I have a huge bowl of apples, bananas and pears in the kitchen all the time, a bowl of cherry tomatoes and a pitcher of iced tea in the fridge. DH instists on having the WW ice cream sandwiches, and they are nice for after dinner.

I won't do diet soda, if I am really craving bubbles, I will get a kid size soda at fast food place. I have tried to like seltzer..
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #1337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Cindy that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you. I wish I could get into gear and stick to something.

Pat
Patlaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1338
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Cindy!!! Congrats and glad it's working for you.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #1339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/14/2004 new 10/9/12
Thanks everyone......... It is hard getting out of old habits. I miss my bacon lol... Hey Pat how are you? It's good to see a familar face.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #1340
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy you can do this and 10 pounds shows it. If you need more ideas let me know I have lots of recipes and am finding if you miss something have it but just limit how much. I needed bacon recently and cooked 2 slices and made a BLT. Was so worth the points.

Today was my birthday celebration but I was trying hard to stay within my 27 points.

Breakfast:
1 diet bread 1pp Made into french toast with egg beaters
3T egg beaters 1pp
1/2 blueberries cooked down to syrup with 1 splenda packet.

Snack:
cheese stick 1pp

lunch:
turkey breast 3pp
oven potatoes 2pp
vegetables and dip 1pp
oven onion rings 2pp

Dinner: at a restaurant called Red, Hot and Blue
Salad and FF Italian dressing
1/2 baked potato 3pp I packed my own light butter and FF sour cream 2pp
chicken breast 4 pp

Dessert:
WW pineapple cupcake with lite coolwhip 2pp

Snack tonight apple
Light wheat thins 3pp
hummas 1pp
Apple

Good day and I didn't kill my diet. Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the bike, 20 min on treadmill, and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I then swam a little with the kids. Today I went old school with some Richard Simmons with the 6 year old. It was that or Jazzercise Burlesque and I couldn't get past her doing those moves. lol

Last edited by bdladie; 03-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: workout
Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #1341
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, WW peeps! Sending good wishes and positive vibes to all Let's have a wonderful week!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #1342

Yesterday was difficult but I survived. I'm sung my flex points almost daily but that's ok I suppose. The bad thing is that ill be weighing on a different scale for 2 weeks.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Good morning, WW peeps! Sending good wishes and positive vibes to all Let's have a wonderful week!
I agree! It's Monday morning and the start of another fabulous week!

Disney, that is the beauty of the flex points. Use them whenever you go over or save them for a splurge. I actually lose better when I use them all in a week. Even if you are using a different scale something-something= less of something. Erin's silly logic. Hang in there. The first week on ANY diet is hard I think. You are a brave soul for starting this when you are out of town.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #1344
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Today I'm going to try an all Simply Fillings food day, with only one exception-2tbsp of light ranch dressing I decided to figure out the calories for what I'm eating and it only comes to around 700 calories, very reminiscent of a JUDDD DD I had a very generous food weekend and though my scale hasn't gone up, I feel like having a lighter day today.

b x
l (open eating window at noon) large salad with lettuce, bell pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes, 1/2 chicken breast, mushrooms, hb egg, light ranch dressing (salad will be the size of a dinner plate)

snack-sauteed mushrooms with 2tsp canola oil and spices

s-green smoothie with 1 cup plain ff yogurt, strawberries, 1/2 banana, blueberries, kale, spinach and 1pkt of splenda

close eating window at 6ish.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #1345

Good luck Sara.

We are going to Olive Garden for lunch and I already have my points tracked

I better be losing weight doing all this work!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #1346
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
good morning WW!
I had a good weekend.. and WW weight in! down 2.2lbs! yea..
and then yesterday.. ARHG! Life happens..
DDIL birthday is today.. and because our son is working nights all week, and my hubby starts nights again today, she wanted to have breakfast yesterday morning at Cracker Barrel! not WW friendly!
I had the "wholesome breakfast!" and well, it was wholesome alright! my estimate, 22pts!
then for lunch I only had a greek chobani yogurt! and for dinner we went out to for sushi! so today... I was back up 1.2lbs!
so yes.. thank goodness it is monday and we can have a DO-OVER! LOL
back on plan today!
breakfast we had cereal with 1/2 banana and 1% milk!
snack "cuties"!
lunch will be soup and salad!
and I think dinner 15 bean soup!
with ground beef!

I will have fruits for my desert, orange and apple.. maybe with a little bit of almond butter if I need more protein!
and there you go!

BL tonight! Make-Over Week? hope it will be good!

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #1347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Subscribing. I've tried this before, but would like to try it again. It seems more feasible for long-term success (lifestyle vs. diet mentality).
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #1348

That's what im going for jayce- I want this to stick this time even if the weight loss is slower
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #1349
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
That's what im going for jayce- I want this to stick this time even if the weight loss is slower
Agreed! I like that WW takes carbs into consideration now, as well, so it seems to work with what I've learned by doing Low Carb before.

I like the emphasis on eating whole fruits and veggies as opposed to packaged stuff -- that's one area I really need to work on!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #1350
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
good morning WW! Good morning Jayce and welcome to the group and WW again!
Yes, it seems that we always come back to WW! LOL sooner or later... it seems to be one of the few programs that is sustainable for lifetime!
It just gives the individual all the responsibility of making choices every day and that is not always easy, but I think a skill that can be learned and mastered. and most of us are still learning!

for me every day is a new challenge and new temptations! I am making progress, but it seems I am a SLOW learner! LOL and every time I try to wing it, or think there is an EASY way to do it, I fall flat on my face! and the scale never LIES!

right now I a also dealing with TOM! and that is always frustrating, because I always gain at least 1+ lb! and the days before the arrival, I usually have a feeding frenzy! argh!
but one day at a time and baby steps will get me every day a little closer to my goal!
breakfast for me this morning was 1/3c of oatmeal with sf hot chocolate powder mixed in! yummy and and filling... and one banana.
I should have added something PROTEIN to my breakfast! guess I will have a greek yogurt for my mid day snack
bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote