Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #1291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmarti03
Stats: 260/249.5/140
WOE: WW/Low Carb
Start Date: February 2013
Down 7.5lbs! I was hoping I would have a big woosh after TOM.

Trying to stick to eating more natural foods, but find that difficult on the weekend - especially with friends wanting to go out.

I'm going to give the scanner app a go, but not sure how it will work with Canadian products. I guess we'll see!
jmarti03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1292
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarti03 View Post
Down 7.5lbs! I was hoping I would have a big woosh after TOM.

Trying to stick to eating more natural foods, but find that difficult on the weekend - especially with friends wanting to go out.

I'm going to give the scanner app a go, but not sure how it will work with Canadian products. I guess we'll see!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #1293
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dmvgirl
Stats: 236/206/160
WOE: WW360
Start Date: 02/01/13
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend.
dmvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #1294
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
Happy Tuesday to everyone! Slow going for me this week.. just dragging and not sure why I am feeling like I have another cold coming on! Just got over this last one.
Congrats to all the great losers and the one with good success.
I am still hanging on to the 150lb mark.... I lose a little and then I gain it.. the same 1-2lbs over and over again! sigh!!!
Just can't seem to get over this hurdle...
Drinking my water.. and tracking.. and I know eventually it just got to break this barrier. I know I got to get myself back to the gym... hoping I be ready and able next week.
You all have a great day!!!

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/150/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Hi WW peeps! I didn't weigh in at WW today so have to trust my own scale. I wrote it down as -2.0. I won't go next week either so I'll have to behave knowing that I have 2 weeks before another human sees my true weight.

Thursday is treat night here. I make some sort of treat and really look forward to it. So far, I have not had problems going back for 2nds. It just helps me to know that I can have it on Thursday nights for some reason.

I use allrecipes for dessert recipes and then use my calculator to find the points. They provide nutritional info on their recipes so it's pretty easy. Mom really wanted me to make a Texas Sheetcake this week. One 12th of a jellyroll pan is 17 points! 90 carbs!!
That one went out the window.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #1296
Established

I've been on the ww forums all day and learned about the Simply Filling plan. Does anyone here do that? I wonder if that would be a good fit for me for maintenance-the bulk of my food coming from this list and not tracking points for them, and then you use your 49 weekly exta points to track the things you eat that are not simply filling foods. A lot less tracking and more emphasis on eating healthy foods
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #1297
Blabbermouth!!!

I hit -10 lbs today!! I think PMS is sneaking in, I really wanted Chicken Nuggets and french fries, after having a 6" subway sandwich. I had a couple, and it didn't seem to be an issue today, but I don't want to make a habit of it.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvgirl View Post
I hit -10 lbs today!! I think PMS is sneaking in, I really wanted Chicken Nuggets and french fries, after having a 6" subway sandwich. I had a couple, and it didn't seem to be an issue today, but I don't want to make a habit of it.

Sara- I did something like it a few years back. I think it was called Core at the time. I did well with it.

Thinking back to how much WW has changed over the years, do any of the old timers remember "set" points? I used to do really well with this also. It's sort of what got me thinking about LC in 2010. Many meats were "set" at 5 pts. You could eat all you wanted at one meal and count it as 5. I used to do some great dinners with meat, veggies and butter for only 7 pts. You weren't supposed to count fatty cuts like Ribeyes but I did anyway. It actually worked like a charm for me.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #1299
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post

Sara- I did something like it a few years back. I think it was called Core at the time. I did well with it.

Thinking back to how much WW has changed over the years, do any of the old timers remember "set" points? I used to do really well with this also. It's sort of what got me thinking about LC in 2010. Many meats were "set" at 5 pts. You could eat all you wanted at one meal and count it as 5. I used to do some great dinners with meat, veggies and butter for only 7 pts. You weren't supposed to count fatty cuts like Ribeyes but I did anyway. It actually worked like a charm for me.
Yes, it's core revamped I've been reading about SF all afternoon and it sounds perfect for what I want to do for maintenance so I'm going to start tomorrow
Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #1300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
I have my meeting and weigh-in this morning. I have stayed within my points and got three walks in. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone is having a great week
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #1301
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I have my meeting and weigh-in this morning. I have stayed within my points and got three walks in. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone is having a great week
Good luck!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #1302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Let us know what happens!

Tomorrow I will weigh in at home, completing my first week. I have been super sick since Sunday so been eating a lot of soup. PMSing too so nervous for weigh in.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #1303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
We are going out of town for 18 days and I think I'm going to join now so that I can lose while we are away. Hopefully tracking while I'm gone will keep me from overindulging. I'm trying to justify this!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #1304
Senior LCF Member

I'm back! I lost 1.2 lbs so that makes a total of 20 lbs! I haven't lost that much in years. Weight Watchers is the best thing that I've ever done for my health and weight loss. I would encourage anyone trying to lose weight and regain their health to at least give it a try. It's the easiest and least stressful plan I've ever tried!

Have a wonderful day everybody
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #1305
Established

Quote:
I'm back! I lost 1.2 lbs so that makes a total of 20 lbs! I haven't lost that much in years. Weight Watchers is the best thing that I've ever done for my health and weight loss. I would encourage anyone trying to lose weight and regain their health to at least give it a try. It's the easiest and least stressful plan I've ever tried!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1306
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #1307
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Glad you are rocking it!!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #1308
Major LCF Poster!

Hi DisneyPrincess! Let us know how it goes. I'm really enjoying the flexibility this time around.

For some folks the first week is really just an eye opener. I don't use the apps but did buy a calculator. I spent a few days checking points in different foods. Once you get your regular foods down you can track from memory.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #1309
Senior LCF Member

Sara ~ Valeri ~ Erin Thanks so very much!

I have spent the past few years getting heavier and heavier, all the while struggling with different diets. I had to find something I could stick to forever and that I could enjoy the foods they include. I do believe low-carb is healthy, and I wish I could stick with it long-term but I just can't. My sugar craving over the past two months of being a Weight Watcher have almost stopped completely. And I am a self-diagnosed sugar addict!

I love this thread and all my Weight Watcher buddies!

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #1310
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Very disappointed. Weighed in after one week and lost nothing. Been super sick since Sunday and not eating much [soup] and TOM came yesterday but still, nothing on week one???/
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1311
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Very disappointed. Weighed in after one week and lost nothing. Been super sick since Sunday and not eating much [soup] and TOM came yesterday but still, nothing on week one???/
TOM started overe here last night as well and I'm up a pound this morning But I know that's not an accurate weight because tom can really artificially inflate our weight.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #1312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Well I am down a little bit but not enough to change my signature weight. The home scale is reading 199 but until I see that at WW I won't make the change.

Food has been great and I used my snow day from work to go spend 2.5 hours at the gym. lol Tired this morning but know I did the right thing.

Food today is as follows:
yogurt 2pp
Banana 0
Chicken, swiss chard enchiladas 8pp
cheese stick 1pp
split pea soup 5pp
apple 0
chicken and broccoli stryfry 5pp
wonton soup 3pp

3 points to play with. I might have a Fiber one bar but not sure.

Have a great day everyone.

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #1313
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
Well I am down a little bit but not enough to change my signature weight. The home scale is reading 199 but until I see that at WW I won't make the change.

Food has been great and I used my snow day from work to go spend 2.5 hours at the gym. lol Tired this morning but know I did the right thing.

Food today is as follows:
yogurt 2pp
Banana 0
Chicken, swiss chard enchiladas 8pp
cheese stick 1pp
split pea soup 5pp
apple 0
chicken and broccoli stryfry 5pp
wonton soup 3pp

3 points to play with. I might have a Fiber one bar but not sure.

Have a great day everyone.
Great menu!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #1314
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I joined! After eating almost 1/2 a bag of Doritos I decided it was time. Of course I'm already over points today but ill suck it up and use some of my weekly points. Do you guys use these? Do you use your points from activities? I'm really looking forward to this. It's already helped me watch myself today. Hope I'm a success story soon
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Sara ~ Valeri ~ Erin Thanks so very much!

I have spent the past few years getting heavier and heavier, all the while struggling with different diets. I had to find something I could stick to forever and that I could enjoy the foods they include. I do believe low-carb is healthy, and I wish I could stick with it long-term but I just can't. My sugar craving over the past two months of being a Weight Watcher have almost stopped completely. And I am a self-diagnosed sugar addict!

I love this thread and all my Weight Watcher buddies!
What do you think helped with the sugar cravings?
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1316
Blabbermouth!!!

I think all the fruit has had an effect on the sugar cravings. For me I think it was more in my head, that I couldn't have it so I wanted it more. But with all the fruit, I get all the sugar I want. I have an "emergency" bag of almond joy pieces in the car. Normally I would eat it in one day, it has been in there for a month now. I have grabbed a couple of pieces here or there, but I just really haven't been interested. And even when I am, knowing that it is ok keeps me from going into the "I'm a bad person spiral"

dmv does not stand for Dept. of Motor Vehicles
Old 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #1317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I joined! After eating almost 1/2 a bag of Doritos I decided it was time. Of course I'm already over points today but ill suck it up and use some of my weekly points. Do you guys use these? Do you use your points from activities? I'm really looking forward to this. It's already helped me watch myself today. Hope I'm a success story soon
You will be successful! I am just starting to walk 3-4 times per week, and I only earn a point per 20 minutes, so I don't use them. Also, some days I'm under my points by 4 or so, and then some days I'm over 4-5 so it comes out of my weekly points. I like knowing they are there, but most days I don't need the extra. I'm losing slower than I'd like but steady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
What do you think helped with the sugar cravings?
To be honest, I don't do a lot of carbs during the day. I only eat three times per day. I eat my fruit and any sweets with my dinner. That's just my own preference. I have always had blood sugar swings, and they seem to stay in check this way. I like to have a filling dinner and be satisfied the rest of the night. If I pick all day and eat every 2-3 hours as recommended, I am famished all the live-long day! Everyone is different; this is just a me thing

Also, knowing that I am allowed to have whatever I want and count points, I magically have lost the desire to dive head-first into an extra-large bag of M&Ms. That's a miracle in itself! There were days last year that I ate nothing but sugary junk from dawn till bedtime. I love being free of that demon!

Last edited by quitecontrary; 02-28-2013 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: adding something
Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #1318
Major LCF Poster!

LilMiss- It sucks to be so good and not see the reward! I have had a week like that. I have read that you don't lose weigh as easily when you are sick. Something to do with your body's inflamatory response to fighting off infection.

Carol Ann- It's sounds like you have found your "sweet spot." That's how I felt when I started Intermittent Fasting. I'm not a big day eater either. I enjoy a big dinner so I eat big 5pt salads during the day. I'm not having any cravings for sugar either. I enjoy it and plan for it but don't have problems face planting into it. I think it's that chemistry/personality thing. The more I restrict, the more I want. Currently, I'm not feeling bad or growing horns from it though.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #1319
Major LCF Poster!

Tania!!!!! Onderland!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I don't really earn activity points. I move for 20 minutes daily but It's not formal excercise.

I actually lose better when I use all my flex points. I save them for Thursdays and Saturdays. I know it's a silly mind game but I'm super strict on Sunday and Monday cuz Tuesday is my official weigh in day. Beef and too much salt can give me a bad weigh in.