Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #1261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Good Morning! It is rainy and cold this morning. Will have to wait for my morning run. Still maintaining but still would like to see if I could loose 3 more lbs.

Does anyone do WW SFT?
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #1262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Newbie to this site...not to WW!

I've joined WW MANY MANY times over the years and never come close to goal weight....been morbidly obese for all of my adult life and overweight since childhood. Joined WW last May and took of 25lb then had a vacation in September and gained. Put back on 15 of it over the holidays and weighed in sometime in Jan and haven't been back cause just couldn't get back on track and embarassed.

Have now re-committed as of last Friday and determined to weigh in on Thursday with my group no matter what my home scale says. Have been tracking points starting Friday and so far so good. I have a great leader and supportive meeting group, just need to stick with it. I have bounced all over the place with different WOE over the years but believe WW is a lifestyle choice that I can live with.

I am a "all or nothing at all" type person and tend to feel a lot of guilt and shame if I'm making poor choices. It's very hard for me to wrap my mind around portion control and having just a bite or taste of something I consider "bad". I do try to stay away from sugar, as that can really start the cravings for me....trying to substitute fruit on those occasions.

This looks like a very supportive group and look forward to sharing. I need a knee replacement but MD wants me to get to at least 225 first....vicious circle cause it limits my exercise capabilities (really can only do water walking and aerobics and haven't even been doing that). I am very sedentary and determined to get back to the Y and add some type of activity to my daily life and build up gradually. My age (66) and all this extra weight have finally caught up with me and affecting my quality of life....time is growing short and need to do something NOW!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #1263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Well, I have to say that the weekends are the toughest days for me. Yesterday I was so hungry! But I stayed within my points. Today was much better because I was busier. I think I eat out of boredom.

My points were lowered to 27 at the meeting Wednesday. I still eat pretty well considering I'm eating lots of raw veggies and a couple of fruits per day. I'm kind of worried about weigh-in this week. Last week I lost 3.8 lbs, which is quite a lot for me in a week. I'm thinking with that good of a loss, I may not lose anything this next time. But altogether I've lost 17.8 lbs since January 2nd, so I refuse to complain.

to all the newcomers! I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Made the WW Meatloaf Muffin recipe from the WW recipe thread tonight for dinner.....very tasty and only 2 points/muffin. Next time I would add some chopped onion to it but it was good and a good way to stretch a lb of hamburg! Swirled some ketchup on top of each one before I baked them. Two of them were really filling with some butternut squash and steamed broccoli....a really low point tasty dinner!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #1265
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dmvgirl
Stats: 236/206/160
WOE: WW360
Start Date: 02/01/13
Any WW recipies you would recommend? I have like most of what I tried, but just looking for some feedback. I did put my chili in the recipe builder last night and was very happy that it is 6 pts a serving, a big serving. It will be good to have a family favorite fit in with the points.
dmvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #1266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Well had a good weekend even if I did go out to dinner last night. I ordered all my mexican less the cheese and chips. lol I saw a 2 pound loss on Saturday weigh in and was thrilled since pretty much all week I said I wasn't lossing.

I am off this week on my cooking day since I spent most of yesterday out wondering around our indoor outlet mall. I will be cooking eggplant parmasean and wonton soup tonight. I also will make my egg casserole for breakfasts. I had made taco soup Saturday so I have that as dinner for a few more nights.

Carol- How exciting to have that kind of a loss in one week. Are you doing anything special to get those results? I don't use my extra points very often but I don't get big losses like that.

I hope everyone has a great day and remember we can do this. You are not alone on this journey and if anyone needs anything just ask!!

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1267
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
well hello you all! I see a bunch of new members joining this board! welcome back to WW. I will try to check in more often again...
I have been sick for at least 2 weeks, and just now getting better! So I am running behind on EVERYTHING! went back to my WW on Sat and I was up 1.2lbs! but I am not surprised .. being sick.. who cares about measure and weighing anything... and I am sure the meds are full of sodium and sugars and who knows what else.. just the cough drops and honey will rack up those little WW pts.

But I am back now.. trying to get into my routine. Was going to the gym today.. but the weather is so bad.. and I am still dragging with little energy.. decided to do some housework.. and work with the dogs and puppies instead!
Our meeting was on portion control and to weigh and measure... and that is still a struggle for me!
But one day at a time.. and good habits take time to form.. so we just keep at it.

Raining here today too... but we here in the Southwest are grateful for every little drop.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #1268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/150/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Hi all! Weigh in today was -1.2 lbs. That was for 2 weeks since I didn't go last week. I guess I didn't get away with my little 2 day binge last week after all.

Back to behaving myself. I'm so impatient. I just want to be thin NOW.

I still have my spreadsheet of weight loss from 2010 when I lost 60 lbs. I does me good to go back and look at it. My weight loss wasn't consistent. Up and down, but slowly moving down. Slow and steady wins the race!!
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #1269
Senior LCF Member

Today is weigh-in at 9:00. I'm kinda nervous considering I had an abnormally good loss last week.

Erin, I'm so glad you mentioned how you were up and down in your weight loss before and still lost 60 lbs overall. That will help me through these weigh-ins
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #1270
Major LCF Poster!

Wishing you a good weigh in today Carol Ann. You are doing great!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #1271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
I've been missing all of you - and welcome new people. I've been trying to get caught up after having that horrible flu and not feeling myself for weeks afterwards. I've been exercising but not eating the best. I've been a little better the last few days but I need to get serious again. I keep saying it but now I'm doing it. I'll be checking with you guys every day. I need to go weigh in sometime in February - I'm running out of time - so time to get the few pounds off I gained. I have found that not weighing in every week is a problem for me. So...I'm going to go weekly for a while and see if that helps.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #1272
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sick, an upper resp. infection. Dr. gave me a Zpack last night and I hope I can stay on plan but when I am sick I tend to eat more. I did see 229.6 this morning on the scale so I have that but I hope I don't screw it up.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #1273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Man everyone is sick right now. I have been 2 weeks with all the congestion, cough and everything that goes with it. Everyone feel better!

So I did a bunch of cooking last night and here is today's menu

Breakfast casserole 3pp
Lunch:
Pizza homemade with whole wheat crust 8pp 2 big slices yummy
Snack: raisin toast and plum 2pp
Dinner: egg plant lasagna 8pp
Snack cottage cheese 2pp

This still leaves me a little shy on my 27. I might have a 2pp yougart before dinner as I am going straight from work to the gym today.

I am going to freeze some of the egg plant lasanga tonight and try to make the wonton soup. I like having a low point soup on hand to eat as a premeal snack.

Never hungry unless it is time to eat, I do however eat small amounts through out the day.

Have a great day and stay perfectly on plan for a POP day.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1274
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Erin

I lost one pound and I'm okay with that! That puts me at a total of 18.8 so far. That's the most I've lost in years.

To all who are sick, I hope you feel better soon
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #1275
Blabbermouth!!!

-1.4 lbs today, still home sick. I have not missed 3 days of work becuase I am sick ever. I have stayed on plan, lots of iced tea and hot tea, no sugar and chicken rice soup from the local chinese place. I was 7 pts short yesterday and I have really only touched my weekly points once since I started.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1276
Big Yapper!!!!

it sure seems like every where I turn people are sick or just recovering.. it sure was a bad season this time.
I am much better now, not 100% but getting there.
I was up 1lb on the scale this morning.. why.. does it take me a week or more to lose 1lb, but only takes ONE bad day to gain it back??? sigh..
I am hoping it was just sodium and drinking my water and trying to watch what I am eating today... and hope that by tomorrow morning,. my WW weighin I have lost it.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #1277
Blabbermouth!!!

Today was my weigh in day, 8 lbs down since I started on Feb 1. I am actually doing better than DH!!! I think I am finally getting rid of this infection, I still feel crappy, but better than yesterday.

Yesterday DS made the WW cheesy chicken shells for dinner. They were pretty good but high in points -11pts. I have noticed that a lot of the WW recipes throw spinach or carrots in as a filler. I may see if I can use that in my own recipies to make them more pt. friendly.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #1278
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Hi everyone! I'm transitioning into maintenance from JUDDD/IF, and looking at all the different options for what's going to be the best fit for maintenance. I talked to one of my sisters last night and she's a ww girl-been doing it for over four years and maintains beautifully with it I never saw myself doing ww but after talking to her it does sound like it works pretty well for maintenance. I would still do 5 and 8 hour IF eating windows, since i do believe in the health benefits of IF. But the plans are compatible and i like the structure of the points. Couple questions-

Is anyone on maintenance and ww? If so how is it going?

Do you have to eat all your points everyday? I'd get 26 a day plus 6 more for maintenance. Coming from juddd i'm used to not eating a lot. I entered what i ate yesterday into a points plus app i downloaded and my day came under 20 points. I did eat a lot of veggies and some fruit, which doesn't count i guess?

Thanks!

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-23-2013 at 06:17 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #1279
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sara!

I've done WW on and off over the years and I like the tracking system. I do IF also with an eating window of 11-7. I maintained well with it this year but did not start losing until I started WW points.

The 26 points is the lowest allowed and you are supposed to eat all of them. The 49 flex points are optional.

I eat 5pts at 11AM, 5pts at 3PM and 16pts at 6PM. I don't do fruit or dairy. A 5pt lunch for me is something like 2 cups kale, chopped radish, shredded beets, 12 shrimp, 1TBS sunflower seeds and 2TBL dressing.

An example of a 16pt dinner is two fried chicken thighs, boiled red potato and 1 TBLS butter.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #1280
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvgirl View Post
Today was my weigh in day, 8 lbs down since I started on Feb 1. I am actually doing better than DH!!! I think I am finally getting rid of this infection, I still feel crappy, but better than yesterday.

Yesterday DS made the WW cheesy chicken shells for dinner. They were pretty good but high in points -11pts. I have noticed that a lot of the WW recipes throw spinach or carrots in as a filler. I may see if I can use that in my own recipies to make them more pt. friendly.
Sounds like you are doing well! I hope that you are on the mend. to all who are still sick.

I put shredded zucchini in some things for bulk. I make a mean meatloaf that is just sausage, ground beef, shredded zucchini and egg. You don't even miss the carb filler.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #1281
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post
Hi Sara!

I've done WW on and off over the years and I like the tracking system. I do IF also with an eating window of 11-7. I maintained well with it this year but did not start losing until I started WW points.

The 26 points is the lowest allowed and you are supposed to eat all of them. The 49 flex points are optional.

I eat 5pts at 11AM, 5pts at 3PM and 16pts at 6PM. I don't do fruit or dairy. A 5pt lunch for me is something like 2 cups kale, chopped radish, shredded beets, 12 shrimp, 1TBS sunflower seeds and 2TBL dressing.

An example of a 16pt dinner is two fried chicken thighs, boiled red potato and 1 TBLS butter.
Thanks for replying! It's good to see someone combining IF windows with ww My window is also 11-7 and I usually break my fast with a green smoothie. I figured the points for the smoothie would be 4.5, which would leave 21 points for mid meal and supper. This is not counting the 6 extra points for maintenance. I will end up eating more on this plan, but after doing juddd i think that's probably a good thing, since my calories have been so low for the past five months. Ok, going to start today and see how it goes At first i'll try the 26 pts, without the maintenance points. I'll add those in gradually after i see how i handle the 26.

I called goal last weekend at 141lbs and then had a bit of a whoosh, been maintaining at 139.5 all week. I would'nt mind losing a bit more, but my goal is to maintain and not gain
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #1282
Major LCF Poster!

Let us know how it goes Sara. I can alway provide some high point stuff to get your points up if you need it. My favorite is Thai Peanut Sauce made with Almond Butter.

I think WW with IF is working well for me for 2 reasons. The IF does control my hunger and this time around I am not skimping on the fat. Except for my salad dressing I have also not eating one "diet" product. Mostly whole food.

I've tracked my food online a few times and I never get above 70 carbs. I do the veggies for health but a waffle or some sushi thrown in there doesn't seem to have negative effects so far.

I know this sounds nuts but paying someone $50 a month just works for me. I know that I am getting on the scale every Tuesday. I half listen at the meetings. Since I don't do dairy, eat breakfast or try and get any Canola Oil in I just smile and nod.

I am in a group at work and we have the same 10-20 people that have come and gone since 2009. The ones that I have seen struggle the most and lose and gain the same 10lbs. are those that try to get the most crap in for the points daily. Things like Powdered Peanut Butter mixed into a tub of FF Cool Whip.

I will be forever grateful to LCF for all the education I have received here. I'm not sure if I would ever have figured out that fat is what makes me happy if I hadn't stumbled onto this site a few years ago.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #1283
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I want to jump in here...I'm they considering joining WW. Because I need to be held responsible.

Does anyone do this from their iPhone primarily? Does the online program allow you to scan items? I want something easy and doable but am scared if it is too complicated I won't stick to it. I keep going back and forth.

Anyone share their pros and cons? Successes?

Tia!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #1284
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I want to jump in here...I'm they considering joining WW. Because I need to be held responsible.

Does anyone do this from their iPhone primarily? Does the online program allow you to scan items? I want something easy and doable but am scared if it is too complicated I won't stick to it. I keep going back and forth.

Tia!
I'm doing it on my own-i have a phone with android and found a free app that i can figure out the points for food and a second app to keep track of my daily points. Plus i already had an app that keeps track of my weight/graphs it.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #1285
Blabbermouth!!!

I do use my andriod phone for most of the time. It is really helpful when I am grocery shopping. I do the weigh in and measurments on my laptop, but I record all my food on the WW app on my phone. I like the barcode scan app they have too.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #1286
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
I just joined ww online. DH is on board with me. Need to lose 30 lbs+ Heaviest I have ever been. I was diagnosed with some food allergies a year ago and have been rebelling agianst LC ever since, too much restriction I think so I thought maybe ww would work bc you can have "anything" as long as you count the points.

I am allergic to garlic, onion, soy, peanut and wheat. The bad thing is that chicken in restaurants is almost always marinated in garlic and onion etc so eating out will be very difficult

Look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #1287
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
I just joined ww online. DH is on board with me. Need to lose 30 lbs+ Heaviest I have ever been. I was diagnosed with some food allergies a year ago and have been rebelling agianst LC ever since, too much restriction I think so I thought maybe ww would work bc you can have "anything" as long as you count the points.

I am allergic to garlic, onion, soy, peanut and wheat. The bad thing is that chicken in restaurants is almost always marinated in garlic and onion etc so eating out will be very difficult

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

welcome to WW! good luck, to you and DH!
the good thing is that with WW you can make choices.. and well I guess you will not be eating chicken at restaurants! LOL
but there is plenty of other stuff to choose from and to tell you the truth.. I rather not go out anyway... I am in much better control at home and when I do my own cooking!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #1288
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvgirl View Post
I do use my andriod phone for most of the time. It is really helpful when I am grocery shopping. I do the weigh in and measurments on my laptop, but I record all my food on the WW app on my phone. I like the barcode scan app they have too.

I love my e-tools and use my phone a lot!
but there bar code scanner is not working very well. there is another FREE one you can download.. its call WW scan.
it it works much better then the WW one.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #1289
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

Tia!

Join WW! its EASY!!!!! and so doable..!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #1290
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
I love my e-tools and use my phone a lot!
but there bar code scanner is not working very well. there is another FREE one you can download.. its call WW scan.
it it works much better then the WW one.
I just downloaded a free scanner and have been scanning everything in my kitchen this app will be great for the grocery store!