Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
good monring, Happy Monday!
I had my WW meeting and weigh in on saturday, and was down 2.4lbs! so.. ones again, the program works, but it takes committment, and tracking.. NO short cuts.
no "winging" it! I try to really follow it, and work with all the 360 tools! Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed.. trying to change some of the old bad habits! Like... I try to slow down my eating.. and not just "wolf it"! down and I try to have a fruit for desert, and not something processed, like WW desert, or ice cream! and there are so many other small bad habits, I picked up over the years and try to change. but these are the main ones I am working on, this week! LOL
I booked my flight for my germany trip.. in June, and I want to be as close to my goal weight as I can.
I'm with you. It's about tracking - that's my downfall. I can't make any more excuses for my bad behavior. Plus, I've been eating junk (and more junk) and the carbs cause me to crave other bad things -- the cycle! And, I am working out like crazy but not getting anywhere because of my bad eating. So....today I will be strong and start over! I will be accountable and I will post. You guys are doing so good - I'm joining you guys.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #1142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusflwr
Stats: 233/186/135
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: 2/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses View Post
Welcome, Lo. I too have been back and forth between food plans, up and down with my weight. I first joined WW....40 years ago? Let's this time around, work the plan, learn from it and get under control for forever!
I would love to join you all as well. I have had great success with the program in the past but at some point I just give up Was very glad to see an active board here and I am headed out to my first meeting now
cactusflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #1143
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo View Post
ok .. so except for Dottie and Cheri .. nobody here knows me .. kinda freaky since I was here from day one when LCF was first started Since then, I've lost and gained on Atkins, lost and gained on Jenny Craig, then just plain gained for awhile, and now I'm back to Weight Watchers .. the original diet that worked for me back in the *cough* 1990's .. lol.

I reached an all time high with my weight last summer, after a year of mourning the loss of my mom who had lived with me for a year before her passing (this thought still makes me cry). I finally pulled up my very big girl panties and said enough was enough, I was killing myself!

Hi, my name is Lo, and I LOVE FOOD. I don't eat to live. I dearly love food. It's not like quitting smoking.. I still need food to survive. I thought I broke the sugar addiction during the previous diets, but apparently that is not an achievable goal for me .. so my new goal is to control it, not lose it.

Since July, I've lost 37 pounds on WW Points Plus, and have another, oh crap, 60 to 80 to go. I haven't even made it down to my Atkins starting weight yet! Sigh.

I'm ok though, it's about 1 to 1.5 pounds a week, and I allow myself one day each week to go out and eat whatever. I've learned on that day to skip the desserts lol and enjoy the burger and fries, or tostada's or whatever that weeks craving is. It seems to help my body to confuse it a little and keep out of the rut of the same stuff over and over.

Last week I started water aerobics. ugh. That is my only concession into exercise right now - I know I'm going to have to later on in order to keep losing, but for now, I'm refusing!

Anyway .. that's my story .. it's good to be back Well, not really, but you know what I mean!
Just had to pop in and Lo

I'm curious. I see the commercials for the "new" 360 plan. Is it any different that points/points+ and the rest? Or just a new face to make it appealing for new customers?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
I'm with you. It's about tracking - that's my downfall. I can't make any more excuses for my bad behavior. Plus, I've been eating junk (and more junk) and the carbs cause me to crave other bad things -- the cycle! And, I am working out like crazy but not getting anywhere because of my bad eating. So....today I will be strong and start over! I will be accountable and I will post. You guys are doing so good - I'm joining you guys.
Most people say that it is 80% diet & 20% exercise, not sure if those percentages are correct or not, but either way, diet is extremely important. Congrats on the commitment to be strong!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/18/13
Dottie, I'm actually doing WW Turnaround Points, think it's 2008-2009, I have all the materials for that. It's changed a few times since then, I'd be totally lost!
Welcome to the new folks!
I love that there is a thread on LCF for WW as well.
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
good monring, Happy Monday!
I had my WW meeting and weigh in on saturday, and was down 2.4lbs!
That's wonderful!!! Congrats!

Quote:
My first weigh in, down 2.6. I must admit, I am a bit disappointed.
Congrats on your loss! I have to keep telling myself to trust the process. It's gonna take me a lot longer to lose the lbs than it did to put them on! We're going to be successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
SO....in order to make up for my HORRIBLE behavior and choices yesterday....

I rode 3/30 min sessions on the bike tonight while watching Biggest Loser.
Very impressive! I've just started last week to walk on my treadmill. I hope I can do that much exercise one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo View Post
Since July, I've lost 37 pounds on WW Points Plus
I can't wait till I can say that You are an inspiration to me

Well, I go in the morning for my weigh in. This is the end of my second week of WWPP. If I said I wasn't terrified I'd be lying. I have been sticking to the points I'm allotted and I've been walking almost every day for 15-20 minutes on my treadmill. The number on the scale messes with me. I'm just keeping in mind that this is a process and a lifestyle change. If I lose slow and keep it off, then the wait is worth it. Wish me luck!

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #1147
Lo
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lo
Dottie.. I don't see much difference .. the points are all still the same .. the tracking, recipe builder etc. They've added some "support" areas .. but I don't seem to venture in there. I do all my WW online - I learned a lot of the tricks from the meetings the first time around, I have a great scale that I can't stay off of, and most meetings are in the mornings and I don't do mornings! It's also a 40 minute round trip drive, so not worth the gas, and online only is cheaper. I use my phone app a lot to track when I'm out and about, but mostly for scanning codes in the grocery store when I shop .. I LOVE THIS!

One thing I hate about WW.. it's still about low-fat, and doesn't seem to care about the sugar. I'm now borderline diabetic, so the sugar is now more important to me than the fat.. so I'm opting to use full fat salad dressings, and no-sugar added ice creams and puddings rather than the low fat stuff. It seems to be working so far, so I'm sticking to it.

Water aerobics is kicking my butt though! Tonight was the 4th time, but a new class that was all deep end work, so more of a workout. I'll still take an hour in the pool over an hour of land sweat any day!
Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #1148
Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Well, I go in the morning for my weigh in. This is the end of my second week of WWPP. If I said I wasn't terrified I'd be lying. I have been sticking to the points I'm allotted and I've been walking almost every day for 15-20 minutes on my treadmill. The number on the scale messes with me. I'm just keeping in mind that this is a process and a lifestyle change. If I lose slow and keep it off, then the wait is worth it. Wish me luck!
Good luck!!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #1149
Lo

Quote:
Welcome, Lo. I too have been back and forth between food plans, up and down with my weight. I first joined WW....40 years ago? Let's this time around, work the plan, learn from it and get under control for forever!
lol yes.. I always start out great lol!! I do learn, I do lose .. then .. life happens. I get sick of always tracking what I eat, so when I reach goals, I let loose, and never get back. I'm good once I commit, it's just the aftermath that gets me. I won't have that problem for awhile.... probably a year or so till goal this time. I'm just getting too old to keep doing this!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Lo and NoMoreExcuses, I totally get about the up and down, losing and then gaining! I'm getting too old too to keep that up!
This time of year, there's lots of help with keeping the goals and doing well, but then comes the candy holidays, and life!
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #1151
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Not pushing another plan on you guys, but really low-cal and a lot of low-carb recipes on the JUDDD forum here:
Down Days recipes ONLY
Low(ish) Carb DD Staples

I also love the Hungry Girl site and cookbooks for ideas, though I usually low-carb them.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #1152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
I had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 2.2 lbs! My total loss after 2 weeks is 8.8 lbs.

I was so nervous. Scale numbers mess with me. But I'm very happy with my loss

I hope everyone's having a great week
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
Lo!
Hi,I've been here since 2000 and I do remember you I,too,have been trying for yikes 13 yrs! Atkins worked the first time and I never really did it properly again. I'm trying WW and praying for good results. I joined online so I have no excuses not to do well… I have lots of health bumps bt hope those will get better with loss! Good luck to you!
Annabelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Carol Ann, that's great! What a wonderful 2 week loss!
I hope I get a loss after my day 2 day allyoucaneatfest this week, but if I don't, I will next week.
Annabelle, WW really will work, it just doesn't work as quickly as Atkins, but slow and steady does it.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 177.2/174.5/145
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama!
Start Date: 10/8/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 2.2 lbs! My total loss after 2 weeks is 8.8 lbs.

I was so nervous. Scale numbers mess with me. But I'm very happy with my loss

I hope everyone's having a great week
That's awesome!
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #1156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
My weigh in is tomorrow and I have a feeling the scale will be up a bit. I went over my weekly points at the beginning of the week and then struggled a couple of days on what plan I wanted to follow. DH finally reminded me that I said I would give WW 90 days and then re-evaluate so that's what I'm doing. I have no idea why I constantly plan jump but it's really messing with my weight. I enjoy the way I eat on WW so I'm going to stick it out and work the plan.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #1157
Senior LCF Member

Cathy, that is exactly what I go through. For some reason, I think that LC tends to be healthier (probably because I don't eat junk just because I have points left). Even when I follow the sft of ww, I'm still not so sure that the allowable bread, grains, and fruit are ok?????? It is do-able though!
However, whenever I am doing low carb, I'm thinking...fruit should be ok and just because I have a few beers over the weekend shouldn't cause all of my efforts during the week to go by the wayside.

Get this...I lost weight on ww, but haven't really lost anything significant on LC, so why do I even entertain it?

Since I am not a diabetic, I am wondering if I'm just brainwashed?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #1158
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
TGIF to you all you WW out there..
Just thought I pop in real quick.
Trying to follow the WW better and making adjustments..
it seems no matter for how long I have done this program, how often I joined.. and rejoined.. I am still struggling with portion control and making better choices.
Yesterday I had stuffed salmon filet, bought at Sam's and for the first time..I checked the WW pts.. and yikes 11pts!
I should have only eaten 1/2 and filled up on veggies.. sigh.. but.. argh.. I ate the whole thing.
this morning I am having oatmeal again.. I use old fashioned rolled oats... and cocoa powder, unsweetened and splenda! its good and filling.

I use fruits for my snacks through the day. Sometimes I also ad a 0% fage yogurt... and some granola to my fruit.
Still thinking low carb and staying away from most of the potato, pasta, breads etc!
White stuff is is my enemy! LOL
and I downloaded a free aps to my phone.. to keep reminding me to drink my water..
I am still not a big water drinker..I like to drink crystal light, or hot tea! but just water.. eeeeeeh! not so much! LOL

You all have a great day!

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #1159
Senior LCF Member

Well, had my weigh in this a.m. and I'm still exactly at 251.2. I seriously chowed down for 2 days out of my week. But got past it and look forward to next week!
Going to move my exercise bike from back porch back to bedroom and set it up, and the wii so I can get back to wii fit and just dance on wii.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #1160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Cathy, that is exactly what I go through. For some reason, I think that LC tends to be healthier (probably because I don't eat junk just because I have points left). Even when I follow the sft of ww, I'm still not so sure that the allowable bread, grains, and fruit are ok?????? It is do-able though!
However, whenever I am doing low carb, I'm thinking...fruit should be ok and just because I have a few beers over the weekend shouldn't cause all of my efforts during the week to go by the wayside.

Get this...I lost weight on ww, but haven't really lost anything significant on LC, so why do I even entertain it?

Since I am not a diabetic, I am wondering if I'm just brainwashed?
My biggest problem with low carb is that it is very unforgiving. I need a little wiggle room to have a glass of wine, or a piece of cake and not feel like I just blew the whole week. I also know that I cannot live the rest of my life eating low carb, it is just not for me anymore. Eggs with toast, yummy. Eggs without toast, .
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So my weigh in today shows a gain of .8 lb. Moving on now and getting my butt in gear. Took the day off work to spend the day with my DH and we will be going out to eat at some point. I have all my weeklies but plan on making good choices. Hopefully the weather is nice on the coast and I get some activity points in with a long walk on the beach.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Great job to all of you that lost this week. I have NO idea what happened this week - I tried so hard to be good and for the most part I did a 'ok' job (so much better than I have been). But, at weigh-in I was up - up 2.6 lbs from last week. I don't even know if that was possible but I have to think it was left over from the last month of bad choices? No idea. I have been exercising a lot but haven't been good about drinking water. I assume that my sore muscles are holding on to water? No idea but makes me so mad. So mad that this week I will try to not use any of my weekly points - get lots of activity points and see what happens. No other explanation. So, time to move on and not focus on it. I do think I had more carbs this week (although within points). Have a good weekend.....
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

I've heard that when you start or add to your exercising that you slow down weight loss a little. But just for a minute, then your back to losing, and better too!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
My biggest problem with low carb is that it is very unforgiving. I need a little wiggle room to have a glass of wine, or a piece of cake and not feel like I just blew the whole week. I also know that I cannot live the rest of my life eating low carb, it is just not for me anymore. Eggs with toast, yummy. Eggs without toast, .
Unforgiving....that is what I was trying to say. You expressed it much better.

LC does seem like it would be hard for the rest of your life, but others seem to be able to do it. I guess that if you can do w/o sweets, drinks, starchy veggies, bread, and pasta forever, you got it made.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in today....down a whole whopping .2
Old 01-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #1166
Big Yapper!!!!

I had my WW weigh in today and I was down another 1.4lbs! made it to 5lbs now! so Iam happy with the way the scale is moving.
Taking my DH out for dinner tonight.. so I know I will be going over my pts.. but we have not been out for many weeks.. LOL sooo its a special treat tonight, and I will enjoy it.
tomorrow morning.. back to the program.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

Yea Monika and Rotay on your losses!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #1168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 177.2/174.5/145
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama!
Start Date: 10/8/2014
Monika, I just saw your "before" pictures...wow! Good job!
Where are you going in Germany?
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #1169
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Monika, I just saw your "before" pictures...wow! Good job!
Where are you going in Germany?
I am going to a small town called Shweinfurt, that is where my folks live. and then we are staying with my sister, just a few miles north of that.. in a village called Strahlungen.
If you make an x through germany.. well X marks the spot! LOL
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #1170
Big Yapper!!!!

we went out for a very nice dinner... Argentinian cuisine... a bit on the higher end but it was very good.
I only had WATER, and well a little bit of bread with the white bean salad..
then I had a few bites of the FRIED Provolone cheese! and tomoato.
and for dinner had beef skewer with grilled veggies.. and brought most of that home! for lunch..
I enjoyed my food and I had a taste of something not to ww friendly.. but a bite and taste was enough.
Today.. back to the plan and sticking with it.. tracking..
for breakfast I had a light english muffin, 1egg and 1egg white. and one sausage patty.. yummm
coffee!
filling and satisfying..
for lunch.. left over of the grilled veggies, topped with a HB egg!
and fresh fruits will be my snack!
dinner tonighyt.. lean burgers on the grill.. NO bread.. just some salad !
and that should keep me within my pts.