Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Hi Sara. You can do WW and low (or lower carbs). You do need to be careful with portions (on none 0 pt items) but you learn that. I try (but not in the last few weeks) to keep lower carbs because it causes me to have cravings for things - lots of things.

I try to eat lean meats and some cheese/dairy but lots of veggies. When I splurge - I just count it and move on. One day at a time.

That said - I've been super bad the last few weeks. SUPER Bad. At weigh-in on Thursday I was up 4 lbs since my last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. Yikes - that is bad. I did lose a little on the scale today but I worked out like crazy yesterday. I need to track EVERY single bite again - that's my goal - that's what got me results. Tracking and staying connected to all of you - that's what gives me motivation. We're all in this together.

I have also committed to more exercise. Once I got back in a routine and stopped making excuses I found I LOVE it. Just having a great time.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/18/13
I finally started on WW today.
I was wondering, have alot of y'all lost most of your weight on LC and now you're doing WW?
I will get up my nerve to change my stats in the next couple of days. It's just so not good!
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1053
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
I was wondering, have alot of y'all lost most of your weight on LC and now you're doing WW?
I will get up my nerve to change my stats in the next couple of days. It's just so not good!
I did WW before LC and fell of the wagon and gained it back.. then went and did LC and lost a lot of weight! stalled, went to WW and lost another 20-30lbs! and stalled again! I got to lose 20lbs to make it to my goal, and I am just not getting over the hump!
So after a year off plan.. no loss no gain, I am going to give it one more shot!
I know it all, I done it before ... I just need to get with the program 100% and make some chances. but... well.. sigh.. life seems to get into my way! I am on the monthly pass now and I am going to really listen and pay attention!
good luck to you shelly! WW is a great program, that is why we keep going back to it.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1054
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 177.1/172.7/145
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 11/14/2014
Weight Wathcers new 360 program

Hi everyone,
This is such a huge thread; I did a search and didn't see any posts about it. I have been a WW member many times over the years, sometimes with success, sometimes not. I have never made it to goal. I have also done lo carb with some success over the years.
I need the support of meetings (and actually enjoy them) but am worried that I won't feel full or satisfied with the food. I don't like the amount of processed food that they push, but I can choose not to do that. God save me, but I can no longer eat fat free salad dressing. I love my green stuff, but that just ruins it!
Does anyone know about the new 360 Program? I can't find out much about it. I am hoping someone here has been to a meeting and can give me some info.
TIA!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #1055
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses View Post
Hi everyone,
This is such a huge thread;
Does anyone know about the new 360 Program? I can't find out much about it. I am hoping someone here has been to a meeting and can give me some info.
TIA!!!
yes it is a huge thread! maybe we can start a new one for 2013! call it ww 360?

Basically it not anything new.. just more emphasis on using the tools they give us and we have. More about behavior modification! and yes.. I don't like all the processed foods and I really don't like all the WW line that much!
I like their deserts. "portion control" for me. but I don't use them every day.. they are my fall back on items.
I try to stick with making my own, from scratch. But I am a stay at home wife and I can take the time to cook.
So really nothing new.. just more support and more working with what we got and already know. Someone said it was more or less tooled to us that have been with WW before and for many years!
and the one thing I liked about WW was that you have the freedom to choose... your foods.. but then that is what gets me in trouble too. To many choices and no restrictions. So for me.. I got to go to the meetings and be there! that is my anchor.. I got to have! Just need the support group. and the last few times I dropped out because I just could not find a good leader.. every time I thought I could identify withsome.. they quitt! LOL or they changed the meeting to a mommy and me class! LOL and that was not going to do it for me! sooo.. I found two meetings now I like..
One in the eve and one Sat morning. So if I miss one.. I can go to the other one and still get something out of it.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #1056
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
This is such a huge thread;
TIA!!!
yes it is a huge thread! maybe we can start a new one for 2013! call it ww 360?

Basically it not anything new.. just more emphasis on using the tools they give us and we have. More about behavior modification! and yes.. I don't like all the processed foods and I really don't like all the WW line that much!
I like their deserts. "portion control" for me. but I don't use them every day.. they are my fall back on items.
I try to stick with making my own, from scratch. But I am a stay at home wife and I can take the time to cook.
So really nothing new.. just more support and more working with what we got and already know. Someone said it was more or less tooled to us that have been with WW before and for many years!
and the one thing I liked about WW was that you have the freedom to choose... your foods.. but then that is what gets me in trouble too. To many choices and no restrictions. So for me.. I got to go to the meetings and be there! that is my anchor.. I got to have! Just need the support group. and the last few times I dropped out because I just could not find a good leader.. every time I thought I could identify with some.. they quit! LOL or they changed the meeting to a mommy and me class! LOL and that was not going to do it for me! sooo.. I found two meetings now I like..
One in the eve and one Sat morning. So if I miss one.. I can go to the other one and still get something out of it.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I don't like the processed foods much either. I'm concentrating on lean meats, veggies, fruits, and some whole grains. Not that I don't have a treat now and then or eat a frozen meal once in a while, they help keep me on track.

I managed to get some exercise in and let me tell you, I am out of shape. I tried to do a video but couldn't get through 10 minutes so I just walked on my treadmill. Being sick most of December really took a lot out of me. I'm going to work my way back up S L O W L Y.

My husband's big change this year? He is going to eat Oatmeal for breakfast on the weekends instead of is usual sausage and eggs and toast. LOL, baby steps.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #1058
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Ok, so I gained 5 pounds during the holidays , but I worked hard this week and at weigh in today my total gain was only 1.2 whew!!! I will definitely take that.

All- don't forget that weight watchers has another program called SFT (simply filling technique). It focuses more on eating from the power food list. They still suggest that you log your food, but there is no counting (except for non power food items). The power foods are more whole foods..fruit, veggies, lean protein, dairy, whole grains. Check it out! You still get the 49 wpa to use for those non power food items (full fat mayo, dressing, butter, desserts, etc)
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
What the heck is it with me and BANANAS????

I have ABSOLUTELY NO PORTION CONTROL WHEN IT COMES TO THESE.

Yesterday afternoon, I had peeled one and thought....I am only going to eat 1/2 right now. And freeze the other 1/2 for later. (I remember YEARS ago, that was a ww trick, slice and freeze, sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda, and eat one slice at a time. Melts in the mouth like ice cream)

So, last night when I had my "banana split/brownie yogurt" concoction, I used those frozen bananas. TO DIE FOR !!!!

I just got done peeling 6 bananas and slicing them into a bag , layed them flat, spread out, on a cookie sheet, so that I can just take some out easily for the yogurt thingy. I hope that I figured out a method of PORTION CONTROL by doing this.

JAN
wishbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #1060
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I know it. Fruit is something I can eat so much of. Bananas are so good and creamy.

I think the WW frozen meals are not that great either. But I will buy the WW desserts from time to time.

Also like the muffins that are frozen, can't think of the brand right now, but you heat them up in microwave or toast them. Sometimes I'll cut a banana up with that and put a little chocolate syrup on it. Yum!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Finally updated my states. Got to be accountable. I don't like looking at it, but there it is.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Thanks bonehenge. Clearly it is the behavior modification I need, or I wouldn't still be struggling with this
I think that the Simply Filling technique may be the best for me. Five years ago the Core Plan worked great for me. A family disaster happened and my life fell apart, otherwise I would have made goal.
I wish I would just make a frickin' decision. Perhaps I am just afraid of another failure?
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

I know that the e-tools are included in the monthly pass, but is the mobile app included as well?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Yep. it's included.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #1065
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
Nope - I did LC before - lost it all. Gained it all back. Did a combination of LC/WW this time (mainly staying away from the WW snacks and pasta/potatoes) and it was SO much easier.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #1066
Senior LCF Member

[[QUOTE=rotay60;16173999]Ok, so I gained 5 pounds during the holidays , but I worked hard this week and at weigh in today my total gain was only 1.2 whew!!! I will definitely take that.

We must have been partying together for the holidays. I was still struggling this weekend - feeling a little out of control. So... I updated my stats to reflect my gain - looking at it and showing all of you - that's my motivation to get it back off.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #1067
Senior LCF Member

I was actually down this a.m. - yay!!! I am doing mostly low - moderate carbs. I am eating a piece or two of fruit, but staying away from breads. Will probably eat brown rice or 1/2 potato once or twice a week as well - for now. We will see how it goes. I am still trying to track with etools.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #1068
Senior LCF Member

Well, I put on my big girl panties (literally) and joined today. It is a fun, very positive group and am happy for that. Now comes the rather cumbersome (to me,anyway) of getting the pantry stocked and getting up to speed on the amount of points everything has. I am still waffling between counting all points vs SFT.
I love the barcode app! Much less obvious in the grocery store than using the little calculator or that slide thingy.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #1069
Senior LCF Member

Well...here is your "official" welcome Margo! Glad that put on them panties.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #1070
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trvlpk
Stats: couldnt tell ya
WOE: Support of friends
Just curious..... Do any of you have little children in your households? Does it affect how well you do on your programs? I am a SAHM that babysits and have young children around me at all times and it makes it hard for me being a food addict as well as trying to do low carb to stay away from their stuff. Now I am not saying I load kids with junk but am talking about even just making sandwiches for them or pasta. Anyone relate?
trvlpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #1071
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Monday to you all!
well here we are.. back to the "normal" now! took down all the outside lights and stored it way for another year.
In a way, it signals that now it is really really the time to start off fresh.
and I am trying..LOL
tracking is one of my goals.. track every day.. everything..
and then.. drink my water and slow down my eating.. the last two are my main challenge for now. I love the e-tools and I think from all the gadgets that I have one of the best spend $! worth it for me anyway.. .Just have to remember to use it. LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1072
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well, I put on my big girl panties (literally) and joined today. It is a fun, very positive group and am happy for that. Now comes the rather cumbersome (to me,anyway) of getting the pantry stocked and getting up to speed on the amount of points everything has. I am still waffling between counting all points vs SFT.
I love the barcode app! Much less obvious in the grocery store than using the little calculator or that slide thingy.
I love the bar code scanner. Takes me a little longer to shop and fill my cart, but on the other hand... I know what I put in my cart.. LOL before I get home! and often.. well... it does not get put in my cart now in the first place. Bar Code scanner is a great tool.
There is another one out there.. a FREEBIE called Weightwatcher scan.
it works wonderful too.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #1073
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlpk View Post
Just curious..... Do any of you have little children in your households? Does it affect how well you do on your programs? I am a SAHM that babysits and have young children around me at all times and it makes it hard for me being a food addict as well as trying to do low carb to stay away from their stuff. Now I am not saying I load kids with junk but am talking about even just making sandwiches for them or pasta. Anyone relate?

NO, thank goodness, no small children left here in my house.. Sometimes grandson comes for a vist. and I always have something for him to snack on.. but he is a weird little kid! 4yrs old and he LOVES tomato and cucumbers and salad! He rather goes and eats a salad then a burger or a cookie.. Good little kid..

I remember when my kids where little.. and yes... it was a challenge ... but. most often it was to keep their little hands of MY FOODS! like the WW deserts.. LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #1074
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
I love the bar code scanner. Takes me a little longer to shop and fill my cart, but on the other hand... I know what I put in my cart.. LOL before I get home! and often.. well... it does not get put in my cart now in the first place. Bar Code scanner is a great tool.
There is another one out there.. a FREEBIE called Weightwatcher scan.
it works wonderful too.
I love the scanner too! It comes in handy when preparing dinner and while grocery shopping. I scanned a bunch of things that were in my pantry so that I have quick access while planning and tracking my meals.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlpk View Post
No small children here but I do have a 16 yo son who I pack a lunch for everyday. He eats chips and cookies everyday but I have never had a problem staying away from them(unless I was on a binge). I don't binge while on WW but I do while on low carb.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So today went well, I'm loving this plan. We had a vender bring us some fresh smoked salmon and steelhead with cheese and crackers and for once I was able to share in the goodies and just tracked my points. It was yummy!

B: egg sandwich, small banana
L: turkey sandwich, grapes and carrots
D: chicken, small baked potato, cauliflower, and strawberries.
S: smoked salmon on cracker with cheese.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #1077
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: violettfem
Stats: 162.6/149.4/140
WOE: Gluten Free Vegan WOE- Weight Watchers
Start Date: 10/31/13
Hello everyone I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Violette and people call me Vi

I've been a member of LCF for years and this board and WW on and off for a few years now. I managed to hit goal in 2009 and then had some illness and injury resulting in a 30lb gain.

I managed to hit my first goal (140) this year the day before Thanksgiving and then came the holiday gain lol. I'm a WW online member and got back on track the Friday after Christmas. As of last WI I am only one pound from my first goal of 140lbs. I say my first goal because I am 44 now and don't want to be as skinny as I have in years past. It tends to make me look older lol

I am pretty sure I want to get to 137 (my second goal), but I want to see how I look and feel at 140 for a few weeks. I wasn't able to maintain it over the holidays.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and congrats to everyone that lost this week
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #1078
Senior LCF Member

QUOTE=hockeymom;16177799]Nope - I did LC before - lost it all. Gained it all back. Did a combination of LC/WW this time (mainly staying away from the WW snacks and pasta/potatoes) and it was SO much easier.[/QUOTE]

So, are you eating bread, fruit, and brown rice? What about dairy? Do you eat full fat items..mayo, dressing, butter?

I am beginning to wonder if I should just come up with a moderate number of carbs to eat daily, rather than call it a specific plan?????

I know that I can do ww with the allowance of bread, fruit, rice, potatoes, etc via the simply filling technique, but for some reason, my mind keeps saying get off the carbs!!! Why can't I just figure out what the best plan for me is?? I do think that I feel less bloated when eating low carb. Unfortunately, because I am only 4'11", I don't really get the benefits of low carb in that I can just eat low carb and not have to pay attention to calories. (hope that makes sense) So...if I have to watch calories and carbs, I might as well do ww and get to eat more variety???
Sorry, I am so rambling...this is how my mind goes continually.

So, I get to where I am ok with ww, then I ready Gary Taubes "Why We Get Fat", and here I go again......

I need to choose a plan, then take a pill to turn my mind off. [
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #1079
Senior LCF Member

Ok, all you long time or previous low carbers, tell me why ww vs low carb?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok, all you long time or previous low carbers, tell me why ww vs low carb?

Thanks!
For me, it is the flexibility. Sometimes I want a sandwich, darn it. Or a potato.
On a side note, I was recently recovering from surgery and had very little appetite. I was able to STOP eating when I was satisfied. Wow, what a concept. I would like to be able to eat all foods in the proper portion sizes. I try not to eat a lot of processed food and junk anyway, no matter what plan I follow, so portion control is the problem for me.