Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #991
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Yeah...that's probably one thing I do miss is the REAL butter. Of course, when doing low carb, I did'nt have a slice a toast to slather it on anyway...

JAN
I found the whipped light butter has the same pts as the ICBINB. so I have been using that more...

and I am just coming off the LC stuff... and my fridge is still full of FAT! LOL
and I just count it... I have been using up ALL of my 49WAP! and its ok.. that is what they are there for...
My weightloss has been SLOW!!! much SLOWER then in the past. but as I watched the video I posted on here.. I think I have metabolic damaged myself.... over the years and years of cutting more and more calories and carbs.. my old body just learned to adjust, and do with less and less! and hold on to the weigh! as they tell us in the meeting too, sometimes we just have to eat MORE.. to lose more.

I am having a real hard time to lose any weight... this time around... but at my age... 54? it is what it is... and I am going to just be patient and stick with it.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
I watched the video...thx for sharing. I am going to eat to my points and try not to obsess over eating "too much." I know my metabolism is probably jacked up from all the dieting I've done...just want to feel somewhat normal and have better relationship with food!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #993
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Hi. My issue with the FF foods is that:
1. there is usually more stuff -sugar, filler, etc -added to them to make up for less fat and
2. FF is not satiating to me. The reduced fat or 2% holds my appetite down better.

I have taken mock danish, for example, and made them using reduced fat cream cheese, a real egg and egg whites.
I make whole wheat pita pizza with just organic pizza sauce and part skim mozzarella. Sometimes I add pepperoni (yes, willing to use the turkey type, haha)
But the minute I add a glass of wine on the weekends or a dessert I use up a ton of points!

I eat whole grains as much as possible for bread, rice or pasta on occasion.
I just want to eat real food. I found I started to lose weight when I added some grains back in as well as eating a little less fat but eating real fats-olive oil, walnut oil, butter, etc.

The Hungry Girl recipes I see on Dr. Oz drive me nuts because she uses so much processed crap. This is about a decision to be good to myself and enjoy the food I eat and stop worrying about it 24/7.

Yes, you read right, I am 64 and turning into Dana Carvey doing the Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by ew1; 12-13-2012 at 07:15 AM..
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #994
Big Yapper!!!!

oh I agree... trying to use REAL whole foods as much as I can.. and trying to make things from scratch as much as I can.. sometimes the convenience of packaged is helpful.
as to HG, well I think it is geared to the busy household! that do not have time to make everything in a matter of min...
I use the recipes as a useful tool. and a crutch! LOL

its hard to find real food, we just have to learn to do with LESS or without.... I am trying to think ( and convince myself) if it is NOT GOOD for you, then its not good for you.. no matter if it is low carb, low fat, or Sugar Free! LOL

well.. sugar free might be ok.. if it is really sugar free... but the... if they just substituted the sugar with something else??? to make it still sweet? then its not so good! I found that a lot of reduced fat, or FF items have higher SUGAR content... and one of the reasons my DH blood work was better on atkins, because we consumed LESS sugar.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #995
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
"I found that a lot of reduced fat, or FF items have higher SUGAR content."
That's part of what I was talking about in my first post.

Yeah, I get the HG busy household thing, not trying to judge other households just making a choice for me. I will figure it out (and annoy you guys in the meantime )
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #996
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heather55
I am very seriously thinking of joining Weight Watchers Online. I am wondering if you could tell me how Weight Watchers has or is working for you? I need some advice. I have done low carb in the past and lost. I kept the weight off until I had my daughter in 2009. I have yet to get back to where I was. I think that where I am in life right now Low Carb is going to be very difficult to stick to. I want a healthly way of eating for me and my family. I also recently quit smoking after 20 years, and I am scared that if I don't start something soon gaining more weight is only going to make things worse! HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by heather55; 12-13-2012 at 11:28 AM..
heather55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
I absolutely love having the fruits and vegetables !!! Fresh all the way. As a matter of fact, I just got done cleaning some green beans, celery, green grapes, and a honeydew melon. All cut up and ready to munch.

I am going to a 4:15 meeting today rather than my usual 5:30 one. Our local small college is playing for a national championship in Rome Ga at 6:30. I have to be back at the bar by then....looking forward to a busy night !!!
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

I lost .6 tonight . I can be happy with that.

JAN
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #999
Big Yapper!!!!

I was down 2lbs! and I am happy with that... I have to admit, that the first time I weight in, I wore my jeans and a sweat shirt... but I weight in the morning... this time, in the eve, but I wore my lightest nylon pants... and light shirt.. and weight with my shoes off! I just wanted to make sure I see a loss.... any loss... any which way.

and I enjoyed the meeting.... surprised to see an old friend there. did not even know she was attending meetings... so that was a nice surprise.

yes I do love fresh fruits and I have to be careful with them! I could easily overeat on them.

one of the things they talked about was "snacks" and be prepared and have snacks available etc. I just heard a lot of people talk about stuff I am trying to stay away from! LOL.
but... yes I will pack my Atkins Bars.. so I will have snacks with me... better that then being hungry and starving and overeat.

and we are supposed to make one "good" change? choice for this week..
mine will be drinking WATER WATER WATER! sigh
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #1000
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I lost .6 tonight . I can be happy with that.

JAN
good for you~ a loss is a loss!~! congrats
Old 12-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

So....how many of you are putting the "routines" into practice?

1. Breakfast every day - check
2. Plan your next meal - check
3. wear the Activity Monitor - check

These have been become more than routine for me....they are part of my every day lifestyle.

So....now I will pick 3 different routines to. I should probably pick my "trouble" ones. Like no tv when eating. Now that one will be difficult.....
Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieD View Post
Cool thread - been on WW since early August and have lost 32 lbs out of the 45 total I want to lose. I have been eating low carb for several years, unable to lose weight, in fact steadily gaining. Last year WW added points plus which is "low carb" friendly. Finally portion control, duh, who knew? I'm really enjoying points plus / low carb style and finally losing. Looking to share low carb / gluten free/ low points food suggestions and tips.
Glad you found us! I see a few other new people. I've been so busy, then out of town, then too busy to post. I think is this the answer! I still watch my carbs but this is the life style that just works. Agree with you - it's about portion control and making sure what you eat is point-worthy.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #1003
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning...
just got back from shopping at the farmers market this morning. Really wanted to buy a fresh bagel there.. and there was a long line and many people and they only had sour dough left.. so after debating I bought one.. the lady put it in a bag, and gave me the bag... and carried it back to the car, told DH while I was driving to take it our and tear it in half, we would share.. and I ended up with a mini loaf of bread??? I am not sure how that happend. but no bagel.. sigh.. so came home and had a slice of very good bread with ICBINB and Fruit spread for my lunch! I guess I am not supposed to have that bagel..sigh.

as to routines.. I am trying.. thanks for reminding my Wishbone..
#1 my water... water.. water..
#2 my vitamin
and #3 my fitbit! I keep forgetting to put it on.. sigh.. we don't have the activity tracker here yet!

I am going to do some baking now... getting my Amish friendship breads finished and out of the kitchen... Christmas presents for friends and family!
and then I need to get started on Christmas cookies.. and writing cards..
I have not send out a single Christmas card this year.. sigh.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Down 1.4, happy with that.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

This week I am going to try and track more consistently and try to follow SFT.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Well, that was my goal. Not doing so good with that.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

so....I added 3 new routines to the forcast

1. Put your fork down and sip water between bites

That is a whole lot easier said than done. I would put my fork down...just in time to pick up my spoon.

2.eat veges or fruit with every snack.

done deal

3.plan the points plus value of the next meal

I find that is coming naturally

Every one of the routine choices are excellent habits to get into. And some are already a way of life.

I think the toughest ones for me will be to eat with no distraction....and to sit at the table when eating.
Sometime work just does NOT allow either one.

JAN
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #1008
Big Yapper!!!!

hello everyone! sorry, been busy here, baking and making stuff.. and the dogs etc...
tonight, I am having a horrible snack attack! argh... I don't know what to eat!
I need a healthy low pt snack! fast!
I think its all the cookies and the sampling..
I am looking at APPLE?
had an orange and a grapefruit already for the day....
Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #1009
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning WW...
Looks like everyone is busy these days... not much posting going on...
stepped on the scale this morning, as I do EVERY MORNING, and NO loss.. staying the same...and I am not sure why I am surprised.. I have been baking and sampling and I am luck to show NO GAIN!
also have not had time to work out at the gym... and probably won't now until sometime in Jan..Mid Jan?
But I am going to pack all my baked and made goodies up by tomorrow.. and then, give it away...and then there are no more excuses for not eating better..
for the last two weeks, I have been eating well over 30pts a day.. basically eating up my 49 WAP...

Going to see Santa with the 4year old grandson today... Looking forward to that!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Yep - super holiday busy!!! I'm with you Monika - too much baking, sampling, snacking going on. Need to be better this week (when possible). I pomised myself I wouldn't get out of control for the holidays - today I'm going to try HARD... and drink more water.

That's the plan. I also got rid of the sweets - let someone else enjoy them.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #1011
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
I joined WW Online last night. I've been thinking about it for a while now and finally said just doi! I have nothing in the house so I'm trying to be on plan as best I can til I can get to tne store. I REALLY want to do this and didn't want to go through another holiday eating crazy. I'm looking for ward to this whole new point thing! I am slowly reading through the 34 pages of posts in the thread!
Annabelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #1012
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
I joined WW Online last night. I've been thinking about it for a while now and finally said just doi! I have nothing in the house so I'm trying to be on plan as best I can til I can get to tne store. I REALLY want to do this and didn't want to go through another holiday eating crazy. I'm looking for ward to this whole new point thing! I am slowly reading through the 34 pages of posts in the thread!
welcome Annabelle!!! Glad to see you joined WW...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

Thank Monika!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #1014
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Annabelle. You look familiar, have I seen you here before? Anyway, hope that you enjoy your journey with weight watchers. Follow the plan , you will succeed. It's not always the fastest plan, but I really think that it is very do-able!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1015
Major LCF Poster!

I did post back aways that I wanted to try but things got in the way …like a hurricane etc. So I finally decided to make it official and join the online version. Hope that works out. i haven't even had time to look at all the website has to offer yet. I have to shop first so I can plan meals. Thanks for your welcome
Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #1016
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning you all! Hump-Day already! I woke up with a headache this morning! don't know if its the winter storm blowing in! or the FUDGE bits and pieces I had, while cutting it and dividing it up! or just allergies.. argh! but that is now over and done with.. and I am done... making and baking things.. and everything is cut up and portioned out.. and in little containers.. and ready to go and LEAVE my house.

I am looking forward to OP eating.. for at least today! LOL tomorrow eve got a christmas party to go to.. and I hope not be tempted...
Just have to count and use my points.

Breakfast for me this morning is oatmeal and berries... save and FILLING!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Annabelle. We're here to help you. We might not have all the answers but many of us have been at this for some time. This time of year is hard - too many temptations but ... it's ok to have one bad day - just don't have many bad/cheat days in a row. That's where everything falls apart. Try to plan some meals and there are many wonderful recipe sites to help give you ideas. I try to stay lower carb (that keeps my cravings under control) but use WW point system. I find this a great way of life and once you get in the swing of it - it's just easy to follow. That said - I've been bad at tracking every day - I find I do need to track.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #1018
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the suggestions Hockeymom! I think planning nd tracking is he key. I have fibro so sometimes planning and cooking are my biggest downfall. I'm hoping the points will give me better leeway than LC. I too hope to stay lowercarb.Right now I'm not sure what is how many points if you know what I mean. There mustbe a kist on WW so I'm going to check it out
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #1019
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight is weigh in !!! we had a lot of snow here over night....and calling for high winds....hope they do not cancel the meeting
Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #1020
Big Yapper!!!!

thinking of you all cought up in the bad winter storm!
My DD and her family left El Paso last night, traveling up to no IN... SIL grandma died and the funeral is on Sunday! and they are on the road, in a little old toyota... with a 4 year old..and a BEAGLE.. sigh.. So far so good and they made it through St Louis.

I am heading out to the LAST PARTY of the year for me... Great Dane Club Christmas Party...
this week has not bee a good week for me.. EATING and SAMPLING to much! So we take it as it is.. and move on.. its LIFE and we just are living... and enjoying the holidays.
The scale will still be there.. NEXT WEEK and NEXT year!
unless the Mayan Calendar is right! then nobody needs to worry! LOL

soooo you all stay save, and warm..