Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I am at 26 points now....and WORRIED !!! I have issues with portion control so....put the word FREE in front of fruits and vegetables and there could be a ton of problems. Right now, my kryptonite is bananas and butternut squash. But at least they are filling.
Funny you should mention butternut! I only lost .6 this week even though everyone under the sun has been telling me that I look smaller every single day. I am pretty sure that I lost body fat this week - I FEEL smaller and my clothes ARE more loose by the day - but the scale weight isn't coming off because I am overeating butternut.

Sigh. I guess there are worse problems, right? I just don't know what I am gonna do when I finally get to 26 points! I cannot wait for the luxury of maintenance. I won't know what to do with myself.
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
murray - my problem with the butternut......after baking, I use the hand mixer to smooth it out and use either davinci or wf pancake syrup in it. Sometimes i switch it up and use the davinci caramel. So....it's like a dual purpose food.....a vege and sweet enough to be a dessert (in MY head anyway).......so, therefore, a tad bit of a problem with the whole portion control thingy
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
murray - my problem with the butternut......after baking, I use the hand mixer to smooth it out and use either davinci or wf pancake syrup in it. Sometimes i switch it up and use the davinci caramel. So....it's like a dual purpose food.....a vege and sweet enough to be a dessert (in MY head anyway).......so, therefore, a tad bit of a problem with the whole portion control thingy
oh...I so love butternut squash. Our WW leader has had us trying other types of squash (sweet potato squash - yum, acorn - just ok for me). Who would have thought it would be one of my favorite foods. I love to cube it up and then roast it with a little olive oil. Then, I sprinkle a little Splenda brown sugar on it. But, I have the davinci carmel - I'll try that this weekend.

It's such a nice filling yummy food..... yum... now I'm hungry!!!
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #964
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Well....the "death by chocolate" party became "death by chocolate" week, thanks to leftovers.
And even though I do not deserve it, my weight remained the same. (Thankful)
I am trying to get in extra exercise for the upcoming week.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #965
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i was told at WW meetings that 29 points plus

is the lowest daily total allowed. In any event, my first 4 weeks, i dropped exactly 11 pounds. I used to lose at a quicker pace in the past. But, at this juncture i am nearly 62(will be on 2/13/13), and i cannot do much exercise now, but i DO expect to be able to do more as the lbs come off. So, I just take care that I continue with portion control. The scale will respond when it is good and ready. I am certain that a good part of the 11 lbs is water weight. From now on it will be pure fat. I have not yet needed to draw upon optional points, but as the daily allowances drop considerably, I will have to. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
is the lowest daily total allowed. In any event, my first 4 weeks, i dropped exactly 11 pounds. I used to lose at a quicker pace in the past. But, at this juncture i am nearly 62(will be on 2/13/13), and i cannot do much exercise now, but i DO expect to be able to do more as the lbs come off. So, I just take care that I continue with portion control. The scale will respond when it is good and ready. I am certain that a good part of the 11 lbs is water weight. From now on it will be pure fat. I have not yet needed to draw upon optional points, but as the daily allowances drop considerably, I will have to. FF
When I joined a few weeks ago....I started at 28 points. I lost WELL the first week (8 pounds) and my points were refigured at 27 points. then I gained .4. Then I lost 3.6 this last week. Now, my calculator says 26 points. That first loss, when I dropped to 27 points, the leader told me, "don't worry, 26 is the lowest it will go." As you lose, your body does'nt need that much fuel/food to continue losing I guess. So, I guess that's why you are encouraged to eat more fruits and vegetables.I guess that's ONE way of encouraging the right food groups....LOL
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

So how is everyone planning to eat on T-giving? I will exercise in the morning and have a big salad before I go to the dinner I am attending. I am planning to eat everything (including my friend's bacon maple pecan pie ... O M G) but in small portions. I guess I will probably spend all of my weekly points.....
Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
So how is everyone planning to eat on T-giving? I will exercise in the morning and have a big salad before I go to the dinner I am attending. I am planning to eat everything (including my friend's bacon maple pecan pie ... O M G) but in small portions. I guess I will probably spend all of my weekly points.....
Dh and I have a tradition....lil smokies & cheesball w/crackers for breakfast. Well....he is carrying on for both of us. Although I do make a low carb & sf homemade bbq sauce (which he loves and actually prefers), the points for the smokies are just NOT worth it. AND....I made my own "dab" of cheeseball. I used 2T of ww cream cheese w/chives (2 pts) and some Knorr dry veg soup mix. The serving size on the box measured dry at 1 pt. I spread them on a variety of Special K and Pepperidge Farm pretzel crackers for a total of 3 pts (on the crackers). I also had 1 "so skinny you could see thru it" slice of dried beef w/ 2T of ww cream cheese and wrapped a pickle up in it. I figure 2 pts for that. So....only used up 7 points so far.
I have 19 exercise points built up for today. And I HAVE NEVER EVER YET touched the 49 free points....(wish they could rollover...LOL)

So....I also made a WW recipee stuffing (along with my high fat traditional one for dh).
And I made a fruit dish. 1 container Cool Whip Free (still hard to believe that the whole container only has 8 points!) with 1 package of sf butterscotch instant pudding and 2 peeled apples, chopped, and then some fresh pineapple, chopped. I figure 11-12 points for the WHOLE BOWL.

That stufing recipe SmellsGood, Looks Good, serves 8, and has 3 pts/serving.And I gotta say, I followed the reipee exactly (which is a FIRST for me) just to be sure that the points would be accurate.
I will come back later with a review on it.

NOW....time to go downstairs and ride my bike. 30 minutes AT LEAST.

[B]Have a wonderfull day everyone....and make the best decisions that you can !!!!!

JAN
Old 11-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #969

perhaps, there were some changes made

in 2012, that i do not know about. As regards the metabolism, My metabolism is extra-terrestrial. It will be interesting to see, even on ATKINS, whether my hunger will decrease to the point where i will be satisfied with less than 30 points PLUS. I must say i was quite glad i got into the habit of weighing, measuring, and tracking. Otherwise i would have made some really bad guesses. Let us all buckle down to focussed awareness, as the holiday season is upon us. I do not dare let my guard down. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #970

0.6 lbs down in 14 days.

the OLD FF would have thrown in the towel in a fit of frustration. I cannot say I was all smiles, when I got off the scale. In the past, my 1st plateau occurred promptly at 300 lbs, forcing me to squirm for at least a month before I crossed over into TWOdorland. I am 31 lbs from that point still. I will attempt to drink more plain water(easy in the summer, not so in the cool/cold weather) I DID do something out of character today. I made my monthly pilgrimage to 5 Guys Burgers. I bought 1 bunless bacon cheeseburger.Here is where the "out of character" part comes in. Several hours later, I took a knife, and cut it into two 1/2s. The first 1/2 on 2 slices lc toast with some lc ketcup (1T), and 1 tsp mayo. Along with that I had some veggies. That was more than an hour ago. I wil have the 2nd 1/2 with a small salad on the side, LATER. I will not change WHAT I eat, just cut it down the middle. That might help. We will see how 7 days of that will work. Wish me luck. I would like to get below 300 before the next milennium. FF
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
the OLD FF would have thrown in the towel in a fit of frustration. I cannot say I was all smiles, when I got off the scale. In the past, my 1st plateau occurred promptly at 300 lbs, forcing me to squirm for at least a month before I crossed over into TWOdorland. I am 31 lbs from that point still. I will attempt to drink more plain water(easy in the summer, not so in the cool/cold weather) I DID do something out of character today. I made my monthly pilgrimage to 5 Guys Burgers. I bought 1 bunless bacon cheeseburger.Here is where the "out of character" part comes in. Several hours later, I took a knife, and cut it into two 1/2s. The first 1/2 on 2 slices lc toast with some lc ketcup (1T), and 1 tsp mayo. Along with that I had some veggies. That was more than an hour ago. I wil have the 2nd 1/2 with a small salad on the side, LATER. I will not change WHAT I eat, just cut it down the middle. That might help. We will see how 7 days of that will work. Wish me luck. I would like to get below 300 before the next milennium. FF
Forget the scale - this is a HUGE win!! Congrats!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Happy belated Thanksgiving. I was out of town for some of the holiday but then came back and got myself to the gym!!! Unfortunately, I ate way too much food - way too much - I didn't even count which was dangerous. I went into this with a plan - I'd only have 1 day of complete splurge. But, the one day turned into 4. That is not good. But, it showed me that I'm not as disciplined as I thought - I need to track daily or I get out of control. So...starting tomorrow I'm back on plan because another holiday is right around the corner.

Hope everyone is going to have a good week....
Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

I was feeling kinda "snacky" yesterday and I fixed this....

1- 6 oz container of greek yogurt...plain (2 pts)
4 T of DRY Knorr vegetable soup mix (1 pt)

Assorted crackers (if desired)
Assorted raw vegetables

I COULD HAVE LICKED THE BOWL

Jan
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Oh Hockeymom, that could so be my confession. Instead of Thanksgiving Day it turned into Thanksgiving week for me because I was on vacation. Like you, I had a plan that got pushed to the side. Gym was closed in order to replace the floor, so that didn't help either. Oh well, the only thing left to do is move forward and try to follow plan better next time. So far today, I am doing good.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Today - I'm still doing good....but that is because I can't have anything to eat today. Having the scheduled age 50 colonoscopy (oh the joys of getting older) tomorrow so today it's liquids only. Maybe that will help with my weigh-in on Thursday! No - I didn't schedule it for the few days after Thanksgiving on purpose (I know that's what you're thinking because my work / weightwatcher folks accused me of it). but....

Anyways, we need to get back on track for the holiday season..... I don't want my bad eating habits to spill into Christmas too. I've worked too hard to go back.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Hello Ladies, Mind if I join you?

I've been on WW for 3 months and have lost 7 lbs. Not a heck of lot of wt lost,but I'm happy with it.Can't afford the meetings, but I've got the books and caculator. I love to cook so I'm a recipe junkie and have made my own WW Recipe book. My BF and I are doing it together and that has made it fun. On the weekends we make-up 3-4 days worth of meals.

My bad point is not exercising.Any suggestion on how to motivate myself to do some?

Hope this finds all of you well and happy.

Don't remember how to change this dang Ticker !!

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Well...I was up.2, but deservd so much more, so I will take it. The discussions in the meeting this week were so me. For instance, when I reached goal, I think that I tried to make up for everything that I had deprived myself, or now, if I have a cheat meal, I just say to heck with it and wind up having a whole cheat day or week. My goal this time around is to not deprived myself, if I want something that badly - plan for it, and to remember that I am in this for life. I do not have to be skinny next week. I need to be patient with myself, plan wisely without becoming obsessed (like last time), exercise, but most of all enjoy life and the journey. Hope you all have a great week!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #978
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Rotay, sounds like a sensible plan to me. It seems to me that we get so caught up in the #'s that we forget to live. Yes I know it a journey,but sometimes you just want some M&M's.

Down 2 # this week .Which make me feel like I'm on the right track. So I treated myself and went Thrift Store hopping and found 3 WW cookbooks for 50 cent each.They have the nutritional info so I can calculate points. Found several ideas and so I'll spend the afternoon cooking for the week.

May your days be sunny and bright.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

wow....sometimes the body does some strange things.

I had exersize points up the ying/yang built up this week....like 31 !!!! Dh and I went out of town for the weekend. I was totally tracking EVERYTHING because we were planning at least 2 meals out. We WALKED AT LEAST 5 MILES A DAY....he's a TROOPER !!!!
I ate about 22 of those points....NONE of the extra 49 allowed...

and I gained 1.2 pounds at the meeting last night.

My clothes are looser....my scale at home yesterday morning had falsely guaranteed me a 3 pound loss....

But I will refocus this week. And I will look toward more vegetables rather than more fruit. Just 1 simple change.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!

JAN
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Wishbone, I feel you pain. I was at a loss all week, went to meeting-up .2, next day showed 3 pound loss. Of course, throughout this week, I have up and down, so who knows what Saturday will bring????
Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Ok....down 1.8. Yay!!! I was actually down more than that earlier in the week, but I will take it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #982
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
room for one more?
bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #983
Big Yapper!!!!

I am back to WW! after trying "unsucessful" LC for the last 2 mo.... and then before that... 6mo of diddle daddle around.... I am just desperate to lose at least the last 10lbs I gained back! but no matter what I try or do..its just not coming off! sigh! I thought it was hard when I was over 200lbs! but nothing has been as frustrating to much as losing the last 20lbs! for the last year I have been stuck around 150-155lbs! I "know EVERYTHING"! I have had over 20 years experience in weight loss and gaining it back! you all think by now I should know what I am doing!
so.. looking for a support group again..
My weekly ww meetings are wed mornings! I rejoined last week.. and well NO LOSS to report on the scale so far!

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
I am back to WW! after trying "unsucessful" LC for the last 2 mo.... and then before that... 6mo of diddle daddle around.... I am just desperate to lose at least the last 10lbs I gained back! but no matter what I try or do..its just not coming off! sigh! I thought it was hard when I was over 200lbs! but nothing has been as frustrating to much as losing the last 20lbs! for the last year I have been stuck around 150-155lbs! I "know EVERYTHING"! I have had over 20 years experience in weight loss and gaining it back! you all think by now I should know what I am doing!
so.. looking for a support group again..
My weekly ww meetings are wed mornings! I rejoined last week.. and well NO LOSS to report on the scale so far!
Hi Monika !!!
I know what you mean....I have gained and lost the same 100 pounds "more than a few times" !!!
I have done it with ww, tops, atkins, *******, hhcg.....and now I'm back to ww At least there is some FOOD on this plan. Atkins or low carb in general has been a woe for me for a VERY LONG TIME....and it got my diabetes completely under control simply with diet. It just seems that right now.....I am having problems doing ANYTHING for the long haul. With ww, I really have no GUILT about choices. Just track it...and count it. Done Deal. I like that.

I weigh in on thursday evenings....Good Luck to you this week.

JAN
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #985
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarieD
WOE: NK / low carb
Start Date: Low carb for years; NK since 8/12
Cool thread - been on WW since early August and have lost 32 lbs out of the 45 total I want to lose. I have been eating low carb for several years, unable to lose weight, in fact steadily gaining. Last year WW added points plus which is "low carb" friendly. Finally portion control, duh, who knew? I'm really enjoying points plus / low carb style and finally losing. Looking to share low carb / gluten free/ low points food suggestions and tips.

Last edited by MarieD; 12-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
MarieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #986
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning you all! Happy Wednesday!
yes.. its been a slooooow loooooong haul for me... and even so I tried other plans.. and had some success.. at the end.. WW is the only thing that worked for me long term.. and to at least maintain.
and at the end.. we just have to learn to eat within our "means"! and make better and healhier choices.. and unfortunatly not always the easiest choices! LOL and its HARD!!! for us, addicted to food and fat... and sweets.

I was supposed to have my first WW weigh in this morning, after rejoining last week.. but.. had to miss it.. due to some work here at home! I will try to make it to the meeting tomorrow night! got to be accountable for this last week.
I don't think I lost much, because coming off a few month of LC and HIGH fat... I am sure my body needs more then a week to adjust to WW again.
but I have made an efford to count ever little point and track. and measure and weigh.
got to be careful with the fruits... and dairy... love cheese and yogurt.. not good for me...
but I guess its one day at a time.. and one meal at a time. and I will get there.

Lucky for me ..only one christmas party ahead, next week... and the rest its just me.. and DH,.... and no going out.. and no eating out! so no excuse..
I just have to be careful with all the BAKING I still have ahead of me. LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #987
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Hey all...I have been slacking majorly and gained back between 10-15 lbs, which is so disheartening. I really want to get past this mental block I've been battling.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #988
Big Yapper!!!!

one of my friends is a prof body builder.. well.. she is in competition and she shared this link with me.. I thought it was very telling.
BioLayne Video Log 9 - Metabolic Damage - YouTube
Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #989
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
How do I do WW using organic and real food? I've lost a few pounds on it but found myself going off of it to eat real food, not fat free anything. I eat 2 % greek yogurt and use reduced fat Sargento cheese but use real butter in small amounts and don't want to use instant puddings, etc.

I am 64 and like another poster cannot do as intense exercise as years ago, though still go to the gym 2-3 days a week.
Find myself going WAY over points even if I use my weekly and exercise, etc. I keep a good natural protein bar in my desk at work for snacks but even though they are only 200 calories they are 5 points :-O

Anyone else trying to eat this way?
(and Happy Holidays to all )

Last edited by ew1; 12-13-2012 at 04:39 AM..
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1 View Post
How do I do WW using organic and real food? I've lost a few pounds on it but found myself going off of it to eat real food, not fat free anything. I eat 2 % greek yogurt and use reduced fat Sargento cheese but use real butter in small amounts and don't want to use instant puddings, etc.

I am 64 and like another poster cannot do as intense exercise as years ago, though still go to the gym 2-3 days a week.
Find myself going WAY over points even if I use my weekly and exercise, etc. I keep a good natural protein bar in my desk at work for snacks but even though they are only 200 calories they are 5 points :-O

Anyone else trying to eat this way?
(and Happy Holidays to all )
Yeah...that's probably one thing I do miss is the REAL butter. Of course, when doing low carb, I did'nt have a slice a toast to slather it on anyway...

Now, I find that it's MORE about the 2crunchy slices of lite italian bread hot, right out of the toaster....I can put up with the T of light I Can't Believe it's NOT Butter and the T of SF jam. Since I tend to pile my egg beaters right on top of the toast and pick it up to eat it anyway, I don't miss the butter.

As far as the cheese, that is a HUGE TRIGGER for me. I MAKE myself only use the ww string cheese for snacking. I LOVE the Smoked one. I use slices of ff american, cheddar, swiss, for sandwiches or on top of my eggs. I like the smoothness of "the melt" that it has.

Maybe you should try weaning yourself down to the ff greek yogurt by blending the 2 together. Do you eat it plain? I love it topped with walden farms syrups. I use the strawberry & chocolate . Slice a banana up, dump the yogurt on top, top w/ syrup and call it a banana split.

JAN