Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Wishbone.. I know what you mean.. I have done low carb so long.. that at first I was afraid to venture out.. and have a potato or some goldfish crackers.. but when I do it in the correct portions, it does work...I just bought some Naval oranges.. they haven't been in season here in California for a couple of months.. and I cannot wait to have one....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
does anyone have trouble getting on all of their points?
I find that I tend to go low in the am and lunch....and then find myself eating alot at night. Just not that hungry in the mornings I guess.

And to make matteres worse.....the PM has ALWAYS been my "trouble time". So....I guess I'm saving them for that time of day in the back of my head.

Probably WHY I am not hungry in the morning.

When do you guys call it quits for the day....????
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
I find it easy to eat all of my points now that I am at 29 per day. When I started out at 33 points it was sometimes challenging to eat them all, particularly because I try very hard to eat cleanly.

I eat 6 points for breakfast, 4 for a mid-morning snack, around 7 for lunch, another 4 for a pre-workout snack, and the balance for dinner. I rely on lots and lots of "free" veggies and some fruit for volume, and then spend my points on lean protein, olive oil, full-fat cheese, and walnuts. I do want/need a lot of volume and some animal protein at dinner - i'm not sure whether it's a psychological thing or what, but light dinners are not for me. Anyway, if I have lots of veggies, lean protein, and a bit of fat at dinner, I am satisfied for the evening, especially if I have made sure to eat throughout the day and drink all of my water.

Are you at 26 points and having trouble getting them in?? I am nervous about being reduced to 26. I don't know how y'all at the lower point values do it....
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #934

Eating at night, munching has been a huge problem for me as well.. my entire life... but I never ever have problems getting in all my points...I have alot right at the moment....and I eat it all...sometimes however, I don't get it in.. and I don't stress over that. wish that was my problem...
Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #935

Gallery: flatferenghi
i do not worry that i am not getting in all my points.

if i am not hungry, i will not force-feed myself. Some days i get closer to daily total than other days. Eventually, once my daily total dwindles, I will even have to dip into optional points and activity points (if i do the activity.)to stay UNhungry. Speaking of UNhungry, fiber is really working for me. I once saw a list of all the wonderful things fiber does for us. But it is so user friendly for me. After a very salady meal, I do not even want to think about food for at least 4 hours. I find that works more with uncooked produce. So, i am making salad/veggies the mainstay of my meal, with protein as a garnish, most of the time. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #936
Major LCF Poster!

I was at 28 points for the first week. I must have been right on the border or something....cuz I had a first week loss of 8 pounds and it put me at 27 points now.

I kinda panicked at first but....with all of the fruits and vegetables available, i think I will be ok.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
does anyone have trouble getting on all of their points?
I find that I tend to go low in the am and lunch....and then find myself eating alot at night. Just not that hungry in the mornings I guess.

And to make matteres worse.....the PM has ALWAYS been my "trouble time". So....I guess I'm saving them for that time of day in the back of my head.

Probably WHY I am not hungry in the morning.

When do you guys call it quits for the day....????
Sounds like I wrote this.... this is me.... I have never been a breakfast person - yuck - can't do it and I know it's good for me, etc. - just not my thing. I like a lower point lunch too. Then...dinner is usually higher in points. But, then I found points left and I was snacking (a bad habit) - it is all within points but it's not the best for you either. I'm working on that lately - some times I fail!
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #938

Just wanted to say good morning...it's hump day!,
Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #939
Major LCF Poster!

....and another thing....glad to see a lot of ww endorsed products on the shelves. Including some of my fav's......skinny cow, green giant, yoplait
Old 11-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Sounds like I wrote this.... this is me.... I have never been a breakfast person - yuck - can't do it and I know it's good for me, etc. - just not my thing. I like a lower point lunch too. Then...dinner is usually higher in points. But, then I found points left and I was snacking (a bad habit) - it is all within points but it's not the best for you either. I'm working on that lately - some times I fail!
I don't know, HM, I think some nutritionists argue that so long as you are running a calorie deficit it does not matter when you eat. So if your natural habit is to save your points for the end of the day, why not do it? It's working for you from a weight/health standpoint, isn't it?

I firmly reject "one size fits all" solutions to eating issues. We're all so different, you know?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #941
Major LCF Poster!

not so sure how I'll do tonight. I kinda "ate up" my exersize points last night. Night time and ww frozen treats. I'll pay for it tofay I'm sure....(a little distress action goin' on)

Maybe I needed to get it out of my system.

Hope I did'nt cause to much damage.

my question tho is.....

how many of you have evening meetings?
and how many of you that do....eat normally on that day?
or do you tend to avoid the food in that last ditch attempt?

JAN
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
my question tho is.....

how many of you have evening meetings?
and how many of you that do....eat normally on that day?
or do you tend to avoid the food in that last ditch attempt?

JAN
I don't go to meetings. I just log my food and weight online. BUT I do not do anything different the day before I weigh. I eat normally. This is about me and my health. I have to be honest with myself about it. I still have about 50 extra pounds that prove where being dishonest with myself gets me.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #943

I don't go to meetings.,I just do it myself. My journal. But sadly when I did go to meetings....I would starve myself for 24 Hours....which is my sickness.

I wieigh daily....no food, before I weigh..
Old 11-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #944
Major LCF Poster!

Down 3.6 for WI today, so the gain from last week is gone, and it took one of its friends. For me, clean eating + bootcamp + sleep + finding healthy ways to deal with my stress/emotions = progress. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Great job Murray. I have my weigh in shortly. I know that I am going to be up in pounds, because I got started (on track) a bit late this week. So, hopefully next week I will get it right. On a happy note, one of the students that attends the college that I work at is starting with me today. . It is always nice to have a WW buddy. Will report back later.

Pennylovesdarin.....where are you girl?
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

well...my rookie mistake cost me .4 gain at my WI yesterday. I guess you can't EAT all of your exercise points the night BEFOR a WI....

So....I know it will even itself out, but I think I need to SPREAD them around a bit more
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: uniquelymade
Stats: tight 18/20 Now 10
WOE: Whole foods Low Carb
Hey everyone,
I just joined WW on Tuesday Nov. 6.
I'm hoping to reach goal and become a leader for them.
I got within 15 pounds of goal before but then had a problem with my thyroid and gained 30!!!!
Now I have about 55 to lose.

I am doing a low carb version of PP.
I was hoping that just counting points would be enough but that has not been the case. I have to keep my carb count around
60 grams or less to lose weight. The carbs that work best for me are sweet potatoes, coconut milk yogurt, dark chocolate, some fruit, and peas.
Beans seem to make me retain water and gain easily.

I also exercise but this does not seem to help with the weight loss.
It does make me feel good though.
uniquelymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Well...up 1 pound. It is what it is. Planning for a better week.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Rotay, it's a marathon, not a sprint. You'll continue your upswing next week. And remember that no one can see that pound!

Wishbone, are you going to experiment with using your points throughout the day?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Well, I had a good op day yesterday, and why is it that you seem to always have a good restroom moment AFTER a weigh in? (Sorry -tmi)
I have a bit of a challenge today though, as it is our annual "death by chocolate" party for the students. There will be pizza and chocolate out the ying/yang. I am going to make some weight watcher fudge that use to be 2 points, not sure how it calculates for pp+. I need to try to enter it into recipe builder and see how it comes out.
Have a great day all.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #951

Gallery: flatferenghi
i also used to eat AND drink as little as possible

when I went to evening meetings. I also made the obbligatory visit to the little Troll's room, whether I needed to or not, before getting on the scale. I do not do that anymore. I DO live in fear of those weeks, when I did everything right, but the scale did not show it. I call these the NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED WEEKS. What is even more dangerous, though, is going wild one week, and then the scale shows no gain, or even a loss. I have always gotten too cocky, and berlieved I can get away with it a second week. Before I knew it, 100 lbs crept back on. Fortunately I have learned from past mistakes. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I have a bit of a challenge today though, as it is our annual "death by chocolate" party for the students. There will be pizza and chocolate out the ying/yang.
Bure to eat lots before you go!! Have a huuuuuge salad with all kinds of fibrous veg + some protein and EVOO. And water water water! You got this.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #953

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Well, I had a good op day yesterday, and why is it that you seem to always have a good restroom moment AFTER a weigh in? (Sorry -tmi)
I have a bit of a challenge today though, as it is our annual "death by chocolate" party for the students. There will be pizza and chocolate out the ying/yang. I am going to make some weight watcher fudge that use to be 2 points, not sure how it calculates for pp+. I need to try to enter it into recipe builder and see how it comes out.
Have a great day all.
LOLOL isn't that the truth though!!!Good Luck today....that WW Fudge sounds awesome...
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquelymade View Post
Hey everyone,
I just joined WW on Tuesday Nov. 6.
I'm hoping to reach goal and become a leader for them.
I got within 15 pounds of goal before but then had a problem with my thyroid and gained 30!!!!
Now I have about 55 to lose.

I am doing a low carb version of PP.
I was hoping that just counting points would be enough but that has not been the case. I have to keep my carb count around
60 grams or less to lose weight. The carbs that work best for me are sweet potatoes, coconut milk yogurt, dark chocolate, some fruit, and peas.
Beans seem to make me retain water and gain easily.

I also exercise but this does not seem to help with the weight loss.
It does make me feel good though.
Hello there - Welcome to our group. I think we're all doing the lower carb and points - it's a fine balance....
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dobie
Don't ever skip your points, or you'll have no place to go when they need to be reduced. Your body will be used to lower points, so you'll stop losing. If it gets to be late, eat some prunes (1 oz = 3 pts), some almonds (1 oz = 4 pts) or a TBL of peanut butter=5 pts. If you eat all your points during the day, have a big stir fry at night. Spray the pan, then saute ginger/garlic/onions/mushrooms/bokchoy/water chestnuts/peppers, etc. For 1 pt, you can mix up a TBL of cornstarch, 1/2 cu sodium free broth, chili paste, 1 Tbl low sodium soy sauce, etc., and you have a great sauce for over your veggies. You can sprinkle some peanut butter powder (just a bit for no points) to get that nutty flavor and you won't feel like you've been deprived at all. There's always something you can eat with WW and still stay on plan. Best wishes!
dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

I was in a hurry the other day and fixed this for lunch...
1 can progresso (I think it was the vegetable soup) it was a total of 2 points for the entire can (even after the x2 on the calculator)
1 ww chicken mexicam frozen entire - 3 points

heated the frozen entre and added it to the soup

WONDERFFULL and TASTY for only 5 points

I think I need to make a batch of that 0 point soup. I have read posts where it is very good. And on occasion, for a twist I can still add that ww entre to a serving.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #957
Major LCF Poster!

I found this on the JUDD down days recipee thread....

1 6 oz greek yogurt
1 T baking coco
1 pak splenda or sweetener of choice
wf chocolate syrup optional
mix first 3
The coco helps it to set up like a mouse

I made this tonight....<<<<<THUD>>>>>

It was that good. The coco I have is from a local HyVee grocery store and the 1 T came out to 0 points. 2T would be 1 Point. One was plenty.
I did drizzle the wf on top.....I am a chocoholic. My name is Jan.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Ah...weigh-in today. Up .6 lbs. LOL - it made me mad....I know I know it's not really anything to complain about but still -- I hate to see it go the wrong direction especially with the holidays coming. Well...it's ok...it's a new week. I'm going to try to track better this week (it seems like if I don't track I get a little out of control).

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

OK, you low-point ladies, tell me what/how much you eat. I was at 28 points for the first time this week, and although I sailed through the first couple of days completely satisfied, the last couple of days I have been hon-gray! I am using weekly points on regular, non-social days, which I never ever do (I like my WPs for vino and variety on the weekend).

I don't know why I am so hungry - maybe because my workouts have been tough and I am lifting heavy weights. But it is actual physical hunger, not just wanting to eat. So what is the secret to being satisfied when you don't have all that many points? Free veggies? Water? Spreading meals out?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #960
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
OK, you low-point ladies, tell me what/how much you eat. I was at 28 points for the first time this week, and although I sailed through the first couple of days completely satisfied, the last couple of days I have been hon-gray! I am using weekly points on regular, non-social days, which I never ever do (I like my WPs for vino and variety on the weekend).

I don't know why I am so hungry - maybe because my workouts have been tough and I am lifting heavy weights. But it is actual physical hunger, not just wanting to eat. So what is the secret to being satisfied when you don't have all that many points? Free veggies? Water? Spreading meals out?
I am at 26 points now....and WORRIED !!! I have issues with portion control so....put the word FREE in front of fruits and vegetables and there could be a ton of problems. Right now, my kryptonite is bananas and butternut squash. But at least they are filling.