Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
Stats: 191 :( / 191/ 176
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
ok - I just had to post. I've been bad - really bad - I knew it and I didn't try to stop myself. I have no excuse. I wish I could say that I enjoyed every bite but... now I have a horrible horrible stomach ache and it's all my fault. So, now you're wondering - what the heck - how bad could it be? I get 26 points for the day. I had a big lunch and wasn't hungry but we went shopping and ended up at Elephant Bar for dinner. I wasn't hungry hungry so why didn't I get a salad? Well, they had a wonderful special - dinner for 2 for $20. You got appetizer and 2 dinners (great deal). We got lettuce wraps (by the way they were 16 points which seems high for those). I got dinner - looked it up after I got home and it was 36 points (OMG - 36 points - I only ate half of it but did have 1/2 of the rice which was 6 points so it's a total of 24 points). ....

Looking forward to a on-plan Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed.... praying for a good Thursday weigh-in.
It's a new day so don't worry about it today! I've been there a lot lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Good morning to all. Had a good day on plan yesterday and was down a little this morning. Think my body has finally gotten over the shock of starting to add carbs back into my life.

Have a great day,
Hope

Yay!! Staying OP makes me so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
I certainly can relate, Melinda. Around 4:00 p.m. has always been a problem time for me. Since I have been back on track now, I try to do my walking about that time of day and then eat and call it good for the day.
I know what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all of us, but that one is working for me (right now anyway).
Good plan!!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
Stats: 191 :( / 191/ 176
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Yesterday I was OP! YAY! I ate a more substantial breakfast and drank lots of water I'm doing that again today! I plan to report back tomorrow that I have TWO days OP We CAN do this! I love you WW!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I start out great, then.....? I have done this before, so what is the deal, seriously? It is too much socializing or having cocktails with my skinny husband, that is my stinking problem. So far today....coffee, ff h&h, banana, Wendy's small chili over baked potato.
Way to go Penny, keep up the good work.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I start out great, then.....? I have done this before, so what is the deal, seriously? It is too much socializing or having cocktails with my skinny husband, that is my stinking problem.
Rotay, you know that I feel you on the cocktail situation. Even though I can fit booze into WW, I tend to consume more than I plan to because everyone is drinking and having a good time. Plus when I have wine I start making poor choices about food. So I have come to the conclusion that wine, beer, and cocktails are a once in a while thing for me, not something that I can or should be drinking every weekend if I want to continue to lose weight. I'm doing lots of sparkling water with lime in a pretty glass, and it's actually ok.
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Well - it's only Sunday afternoon but I've been to the park with the dog/husband, went to the store, washed my car and I'm feeling better. Still mad at myself but it's ok - just move on. I have turkey breast and asparagus planned for dinner. I'm going to do this so all of you can too. Let's hang in there together.

I will think of some new recipes for us to try this week.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys. When I was successful with WW, a bazillion years ago, I never drank except for one night on the weekend. Don't know what my problem is now, except for that I probably replaced my smoking with the drinking. I must have addiction tendencies, huh? I have just got to get it into my brain that my health and weight go hand in hand. I need a new mindset.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Thank you for your kind words, Penny, and congrats for getting back on track. Doesn't it feel to great to be in control!!
I was down a little this morning to 138.8 so the scales are moving slowly but in the right direction now.
Hope all have a great day,
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #668
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Good morning ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Weigh in for me is Thursday, praying for a loss..however small it may be. I'm learning how to add all types of food into my WOE without going over points every day and what works for my body. It's a trial and error right now making adjustments. I'm used to low carb with higher fat but that takes up a lot of points. Adjusting to eating more lower fat. Still can't get with the fat free creamer, cheese, etc.

Congrats Hope!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #669

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Happy Monday Everyone...

I wish us ALL a great week!!! Shari I totally understand I CANNOT do fat free...

Hope.. Congrats....

I don't drink really.. but I sure can eat my calories LOL..

Have a good successful day ladies..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 167/140
Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend. I went off plan a little this weekend, but am back on track this morning. Not going to my meeting today, it's about 40 minutes away, and I just don't want to drive up there today. Maybe I'll go on Thurs. Anyway, according to my home scale, I'm down about 1.3 this week. I'll take that!
Here's today's menu:
B: Morning express egg white and cheese muffin (5)
salsa (0)
3 cups coffee (0)
2 servings coffee mate SF vanilla caramel creamer (2)
L: Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup (4)
Salad, dry (0)
D: Vanessa's Zucchini Hash Browns, 2 pieces (6)
Bacon, 2 slices (2)
Egg (4)
S: Apple, Blueberries (0)
semi-sweet Chocolate Chips? (4)
TOTAL: 27
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #671

Congrats on your Los tttmom...we must both live in the west...because they closed down so many meeting places here..oh well..thank heavens for ths thread..generous people sharing info....and the online info as well,,
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Menu for today:

B: 0% Greek yogurt with apples and walnuts, coffee
S: two HB eggs
L: big salad - spinach, roasted red cabbage, roasted carrots, roasted Hatch chiles, quinoa, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, lime-cumin dressing
S: apple
D: 1 link TJ's chicken sausage, .5 c TJ's salsa style LF refried beans, sauteed spinach and mushrooms.

Total: 24 of 30 points, so will likely either add a scrambled egg for dinner or snack on some nuts.

Have a good week!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellagurl
WOE: Weight watchers points plus
I saw this on the WW forums and it really reasonated with me:

Quote:
Do you think like this?
From The Wt. Loss Minute By Linda Spangle, RN, MA
Author: 100 Days of Weight Loss

"What is wrong with me?" Carol slammed her hand down on the table. "I'm so frustrated with myself! Every morning, I tell
myself that today will be different. I'm going to stay on my diet the way I should, and NOT fall off by the middle of the
afternoon."

"Have you been having trouble with this?" I asked. "You wouldn't believe it," she sighed. "I've done everything you've said. I
plan out my meals, set out my exercise clothes, buy healthy foods, and write down what I eat.

"But every afternoon, it's like this monster comes over me and I lose my determination." Tears began sliding down her cheeks as she continued, "It feels too hard! I've had a lot of challenges and disappointment lately, and I always end up reaching for a glass of wine or a few cookies to help me cope. Then I get upset
because I've messed up my diet again."

I handed her a box of tissues, then responded, "Carol, there's nothing wrong with you at all. What you're doing is extremely common and normal. I think the real issue is how you're coping with your life struggles."
Then I asked, "How badly do you want to lose weight? How important is it to you?" Carol wiped her eyes, then responded.
"I want it VERY badly. I can't stand how I look and feel right now. I would give ANYTHING to be able to lose weight."

"Anything?' I asked. 'Does that mean you're willing to give up having wine or cookies when you get upset or feel challenged?"
Carol thought for a minute. "Are you saying I can't ever have a glass of wine after a bad day??

"Not necessarily," I replied. "Being successful isn't about setting rigid rules or feeling deprived. It's about making
choices based on what you truly want in your life."

It sounds great to say 'I really want to lose weight' but making this happen takes effort. If you tend to routinely fall off your diet plan, you may want to look at the difference between being interested and being committed.

When you're 'interested' in losing weight, you say all the right words, but it doesn't take much to get you off track. A hard day, another disappointment, and you're back to food being your best friend.

In contrast, when you're 'committed' to your weight-loss plan, you stick with it no matter what. You don't blame circumstances or other people for your slip ups. On days when you get worn down or don't "feel" like dieting, you stay on the plan anyway.

Here's a summary of the two directions.

If you're "interested" in losing weight...

* You stick with it only until something better comes along (such as doughnuts)
* How you feel determines your outcome. If you don't 'feel like it,' you stop your efforts.
* You need to see results. When the scale doesn't move, you lose your motivation.
* You blame everything else (people, travel, circumstances) for your struggles with staying on your diet.
* Whenever you face challenges in life, you give up and plan you'll start your diet again tomorrow.

If you're "committed" to losing weight...

* Nothing stops your efforts. You stick with your diet, "no matter what."
* Emotions don't control your actions. You stay on track even when you don't feel like it.
* Your motivation isn't linked to the scale. You assume that if you stay motivated and work hard, you'll eventually see results.
* You don't depend on other people for your success. You know it's up to you, not them.
* A bad day or a lot of challenges don't affect your efforts. You keep going in spite of it.

At this point, Carol nodded. "I thought I was really determined to lose weight, she said. "But I've been acting like I was only
interested in it. Starting today, I'm going to change my approach and live in ways that show I'm truly committed to my goals."

I need to be committed!
ellagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #674

Boy that does describe me for sure..
Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
I have read this entire thread. I hope no one minds if I join in. Tomorrow, I'm going to join WW and try to incorporate lc into it. I'm really excited, and I really think I will stick to it. I love Atkins, but sometimes due to financial reasons, I really can't afford all the food needed and with a family to feed it seems impossible.

New day, new me. I'm looking forward to get to know each of you. Thanks.

Lynn
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #676

Welcome...!,,
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Lynn.

So true, Ella.
I am so glad to see this board growing. we can do this guys, let's get committed (to weight loss, that is)
Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellagurl
WOE: Weight watchers points plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellagurl View Post

I need to be committed!
Hahaha I just noticed that this could be taken another way Considering I have an interview tomorrow for a psych nurse job, I better be careful!
ellagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #679

Evening Ladies...hope your day was a success...

Menu for the day

B--Coffee--5

L--Lean hot pocket--7
Special K crackers--3

D--Ground beef Patty--6
Coleslaw-----------3

Grapes and a 1/2 banana--0

Sunflower seeds----------10

Total.....34 out of 47 points allowed..

Sorry it's not all straight and pretty... my weight today is 344.8 bleck..
Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #680

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Good morning ladies, yes I'm glad to see our group growing and motivating each other.

Great post Ellagurl, I see a lot of times I've just been interested...I need to stay committed too! Good luck on your interview..I work in the mental health field too.

Welcome Lynn!

Good job, Melinda!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #681

Good Morning Everyone...

Shari... Thank you!!!

Ella...Good Luck today!!!

Rotary...That really is my biggest problem is staying committed thru thick and thin...

Lynn...I can't afford the meetings either...however they consolidated so much here.. they closed down meetings near me...it just took so long to find stuff on the internet about WW Points Plus, when it first came out and the changes to food values.... especially a calculator for the daily points allowed.. but now info is everywhere...

I also want to thank you ladies for posting your menus...it really helped me so much.. and especially in keeping it simple...

Have a great day!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

B - coffee, ff h&h, oatmeal, banana
L - salad, oil/red wine vinegar dressing, grilled chicken
D - Taco soup
Sn - apple, maybe strawberry greek yogurt
Old 09-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Morning! Here's what I am eating:

B: 0% Greek yogurt with a plum and 1/2 oz walnuts, coffee
S: 2 HB eggs
L: big salad with arugula, roasted butternut, roasted eggplant, tomatoes, quinoa, gorgonzola, olive oil and mustard dressing
S: apple
D: 1 link TJ's chicken sausage with another big salad. Spinach, mushrooms, onions, roasted carrots, roasted summer squash, tomatoes, goat cheese. olive oil and vinegar.

This is a couple points shy of my target of 30 ... I will make it up somewhere, I am sure.

Solidly on plan and feeling good. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
Good morning, all!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I joined today at the 7:30am meeting, really early but I was surprised to see so many there. Things have really changed since I joined years ago. I don't see how you can follow the plan without joining. But that's just me

For breakfast I had a cup of lf greek yogurt and 1/2 cup granola. I think I need to add protein to my breakfast, I'm snacking on grapes now.

I have started a notebook with foods that I eat all the time, with serving size and the points. I think this will be a big help to me.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Beginning 193.8
Goal 150.0

pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hi Lynn and welcome. I am fairly new here, too, but sure am enjoying WW as I have been on low carb for a long time.

Had a good day yesterday on program and need to get today's menu planned. I always track all of my foods, too.
B - yogurt

Rotay, that taco soup sounds yummy. What recipe do you use.

Hope all have a great day
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #686

Lynn.. good luck on your journey!!!!

I can't afford to go to a meeting...and they consolidated so many WW meetings.. there is none in my area, unless I want to travel over 20 miles.. and being gas here is 4 bucks a gallon, I don't want to LOL...I don't like the meeting atmosphere anyway...it never ever has helped me.. I love the support forum.. better..like on here..maybe it was the leaders...I don't know...

Hope..I had a good day on program as well yesterday....ready for a 2nd one!! Good luck....

Murray.. your salads sound mouth watering.. I want to try butternut squash so bad..!!

I had hot cereal, 2 strips of bacon and coffee so far...11 points..I have enough points allowed but at a certain point I am going to have to readjust my coffee LOL!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! And WELCOME!!! I like going to the meetings too, Lynn. I think it was what changed me from being "interested" in losing weight, to being "committed" to losing (thanks for posting that Ella, it really was describing me and my journey too). Just didn't want to go yesterday, but will go at some point this week when I'm in town.
Yesterday was pretty good on plan... probably had a few too many chocolate chips for my treat. I think I must have earned some activity points too, shoveling out the horse stalls but how do you count that?? haha.
Today's menu:
B: 2 of Vanessa's LC GF Double Chocolate Zucchini muffins (7)
2 cups coffee with SF vanilla caramel creamer (2)
L: Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup (4)
Green Salad (0)
D: Beef Roast, 3 oz. (6)
Med. Baked Potato (4)
Butter (4)
Green Salad (0)
Squash (0)
S: either an apple or some organic blueberries (0)
TOTAL: 27
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #688

TTTMom.. may I ask you.. with your beef roast...how do you calculate those points???

My husband sometimes for his job, shovels the horse stalls.. and my goodness.. you should get tons for doing that.. that is hard work..
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Hi Melinda! To get the count on the beef roast, I just plugged it into my weight tracker. Beef bottom round roast, it says for 3 oz it's 6 points.

Yeah, it's definitely alot of hard labor taking care of the horses, but we love it. Remind me of that when it's -20 out with sideways blowing snow...haha!

Have a great day!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Ooops.... correction. It's 5 points, not 6. Glad you had me go back and look!