Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
OMG, I just typed a long post addressing everyone but it didn't post for some reason. OK, I don't feel like reposting everything so just gonna say Hi to everyone!

Oh Crazyone~ I'd posted that I get 8tps using WW online calculator. HTH.

Last edited by shari; 09-22-2012 at 06:22 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #632

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Shari.. I had to chuckle because yesterday...though it's something completely different... I posted to someone that, Our DMV here in California, even though you can't just walk in anymore.. you need an apt for everything you now you do there.. but that it was still crowded....and all of a sudden I get this administrators message saying they were going to have to review my message LOL!!

I keep getting the same thing.. how am I supposed to be satisfied with one lousy chicken thigh...grrr..I thank you so much..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Shari.. I had to chuckle because yesterday...though it's something completely different... I posted to someone that, Our DMV here in California, even though you can't just walk in anymore.. you need an apt for everything you now you do there.. but that it was still crowded....and all of a sudden I get this administrators message saying they were going to have to review my message LOL!!

I keep getting the same thing.. how am I supposed to be satisfied with one lousy chicken thigh...grrr..I thank you so much..
I agree!! I love dark meat more than white. It was so disheartening to see that two thighs could take up more than half of my daily points. I only get 26... And I love wings, pizza hut and TGIF's..but once again sooo high in points...
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #634

Oh well I don't have that problem with having little points.. I have 45 points to play with.. but my problem my entire life has been the binge/starve cycle...so even now I am afraid to eat to my 45 points.. isn't that just stupid of me...

I love chicken wings....OMG!!! I do like pizza too!!! LOL don't I wish I could feel the same about a plate of veggies??

Listen is that the lowest they gave you is 26 points?????
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #635

yeah, I think so. It better be...LOL.
I know, if only I salivated over a plate of veggies the way I do wings. I can eat meat only all day, very day but WW is making me curb that WOE.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Good morning everyone.
Had a good day yesterday on plan. Going to try to cut my food intake down a little and be a little conscious about my calorie intake and eat more veggies.

Have a great day,
Hope
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #637

Though I am trying to eat lower carb with Weight Watchers..I had to stop doing low carb...as it hasn't worked for me since I lost my initial 125 pounds...I waited too long to switch plans..and have gained like 60 of the pounds back..stupid me waited 2 years of not losing and gaining

But I find it so hard as I have said to switch the low carb off..like keeping a bad man around...it is so mental I swear.

But you guys have been wonderful in posting your menus , I made my boundaries and I am ready for Monday..I noticed you guys keep it simple.....I wasn't...I also didn't plan either.,..which was one of the keys that made low carb work for me in the beginning..
Well enough of that..

thanks for all of your help,,,
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Though I am trying to eat lower carb with Weight Watchers..I had to stop doing low carb...as it hasn't worked for me since I lost my initial 125 pounds...I waited too long to switch plans..and have gained like 60 of the pounds back..stupid me waited 2 years of not losing and gaining

But I find it so hard as I have said to switch the low carb off..like keeping a bad man around...it is so mental I swear.

But you guys have been wonderful in posting your menus , I made my boundaries and I am ready for Monday..I noticed you guys keep it simple.....I wasn't...I also didn't plan either.,..which was one of the keys that made low carb work for me in the beginning..
Well enough of that..

thanks for all of your help,,,
Know what you mean about keeping it simple. Since last week was my first week on WW and just came off of low carb, I had a tendency to eat things that I hadn't eaten for a long time. I think it takes our bodies a little while to adjust.
So, this week, I plan on keeping it more simple with more veggies and keeping better track of protein, too and not eat so many "extras". I counted those last week, but will simplify.

Have a great day,
Hope
Old 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Just checking in to say HI! I'm barely making it, still, and I'm not sure why I can't get back on track. I'm still weighing everyday so that things don't get out of control although I'm up like 4 lbs from my lowest I think I need to change up the food that I've been eating. For a long time eating the same stuff nearly everyday totally worked but not anymore. Just say NO to turkey burgers and thomas english light bread and baby bel lights! Mentally I'm kind of bored with this too. I know, bad attitude. I guess I'll put my big girl panties on and stop whining. Somewhere inside of me is the desire to keep going and succeed I just need to find it! Heavy sigh.........I guess I'll go eat breakfast!

Today's the first day of fall so that is cool! I this time of year!

I WWP+!!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #640

Penny I am serious.. I am trying to find my life after low carb...it's difficult for me as well....unfortunately it maybe the first day of fall but not here!!!! LOL it's hotter than heck....
Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok, so I officially went back to weight watchers today. I had maintained since leaving in June, which is definitely better than gaining, but I was truly hoping for additional loss. Unfortunately day one has not gone as planned, so I will definitely be working up some activity points this week. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow to get all the necessities so that I can be better prepared.

Anyway, good luck to all.

Hellooooooo Penny, where are you? Don't you weigh in Fridays? Miss you when you don't post.
I'm lurking Rotay because I'm barely on plan, okay, that's not true, I'm not on plan I start the day off good but then before you know it, I'm making brownies and eating half the batter so I have to skip dinner! But today is a new day and I'm off to a good start, again!

Congrats to you for officially re-starting!

Here's to a successful, on plan weekend!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Penny I am serious.. I am trying to find my life after low carb...it's difficult for me as well....unfortunately it maybe the first day of fall but not here!!!! LOL it's hotter than heck....
Hi Crazyone! It's hard this food/eating/not eating/using food to cope thing. UGH!! I haven't done low carb in a long time. I have a sweet tooth and I was always blowing it. I love WW's but right now I'm struggling with doing it! But like I said, today is a new day and I'm looking ahead not behind!

I bet it's still hot in LA! Oregon has just had a big shift in the temps. This week will be in the low 70's which is delightful! Although I'd love to take a long weekend in vegas to lay by the pool one last time!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #643

Yesterday in my area was 101...oh how I can't wait for the 70's even the 60's..I love Vegas...OMG we were just there in July.....that is the greatest place...

I am a big stress eater...and like you, I do fine until the afternoons.. but I also found I was trying to be too fancy...I need to grab simple and get out of the kitchen quickly...anyway Good luck to us.. hoping next Saturday I will have a nice loss..
Old 09-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #644
Camminatore del Vento

Gallery: Edin
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 2006
hi everyone! i have been reading this thead and appreciate the information.

can i ask a question, please? it isnt in the budget right now to join WW, so is there one book from their series that would best explain the program, and also offer a lot of support info?

TIA!!
Edin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellagurl
WOE: Weight watchers points plus
Hello! I have been doing WW for 7 weeks and I am down 12 lbs. I also have been using the fitbit for some physical motivation. The WW forums are so hateful sometimes, it's nice to see such a positive group!

Eden, I found an app for 2.95 that is basically a simple version of WW's etools. WW really tries hard to keep their information proprietary, but the ww forums are free for everyone and they have a lot of information.
ellagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome ellagurl! and Congrats on -12 lbs! Woohoo!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Hello, all...I've tried WW in the past & liked it, but have fallen off track for the past few months. I'm back & ready to try again. I'm using an app on my phone as well, and this greatly helps. It has a barcode scanner also that calculates points, which is great when shopping.

Have a great Saturday!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #648

There is a lot of stuff online now...especially the calculators...I can't afford meetings either...plus they closed the meetings that were near me and combined it with one more than 10 miles from me...

Good luck everyone..
Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #649
Camminatore del Vento

Gallery: Edin
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellagurl View Post
Hello! I have been doing WW for 7 weeks and I am down 12 lbs. I also have been using the fitbit for some physical motivation. The WW forums are so hateful sometimes, it's nice to see such a positive group!

Eden, I found an app for 2.95 that is basically a simple version of WW's etools. WW really tries hard to keep their information proprietary, but the ww forums are free for everyone and they have a lot of information.
hi ella, thanks for answering. i dont have an i-phone, so an app wont fit now.

i did save a calculator from this thread and it told me how many points i have. i was hoping to find one good book, but i will look around for forums also.

congrats to all on your success!!
Edin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
ok - I just had to post. I've been bad - really bad - I knew it and I didn't try to stop myself. I have no excuse. I wish I could say that I enjoyed every bite but... now I have a horrible horrible stomach ache and it's all my fault. So, now you're wondering - what the heck - how bad could it be? I get 26 points for the day. I had a big lunch and wasn't hungry but we went shopping and ended up at Elephant Bar for dinner. I wasn't hungry hungry so why didn't I get a salad? Well, they had a wonderful special - dinner for 2 for $20. You got appetizer and 2 dinners (great deal). We got lettuce wraps (by the way they were 16 points which seems high for those). I got dinner - looked it up after I got home and it was 36 points (OMG - 36 points - I only ate half of it but did have 1/2 of the rice which was 6 points so it's a total of 24 points).

Don't think I'm done there - oh no - on the way home we pasted a homemade ice cream shop with pumpkin ice cream as their special. My skinny husband drove right in. Well - I got some - why? no idea. I'm so miserable now. Then, I got the points on it - another 13 points. Seriously - my day was 63 points. I have NEVER EVER had such a bad day since we started. But....I feel better confessing and I'm moving on. If this week's weigh-in isn't good it's all my fault and I'll own up to it.

Looking forward to a on-plan Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed.... praying for a good Thursday weigh-in.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #651

Aww hockeymom....you have done so well....this is nothing! Tomorrow,new fresh day...By the way we have an Elephant Bar here as well.....but have never went...
Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #652
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all. Had a good day on plan yesterday and was down a little this morning. Think my body has finally gotten over the shock of starting to add carbs back into my life.

Don't worry, hockeymom, you will be back on track; and, after all, you have some extra points for the week, too.

I don't have any meetings close by either and am doing this on my own. Really helps to come here for the support and relating to others struggles.

Have a great day,
Hope
Old 09-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
ok - I just had to post. I've been bad - really bad - I knew it and I didn't try to stop myself. I have no excuse. I wish I could say that I enjoyed every bite but... now I have a horrible horrible stomach ache and it's all my fault. So, now you're wondering - what the heck - how bad could it be? I get 26 points for the day. I had a big lunch and wasn't hungry but we went shopping and ended up at Elephant Bar for dinner. I wasn't hungry hungry so why didn't I get a salad? Well, they had a wonderful special - dinner for 2 for $20. You got appetizer and 2 dinners (great deal). We got lettuce wraps (by the way they were 16 points which seems high for those). I got dinner - looked it up after I got home and it was 36 points (OMG - 36 points - I only ate half of it but did have 1/2 of the rice which was 6 points so it's a total of 24 points).

Don't think I'm done there - oh no - on the way home we pasted a homemade ice cream shop with pumpkin ice cream as their special. My skinny husband drove right in. Well - I got some - why? no idea. I'm so miserable now. Then, I got the points on it - another 13 points. Seriously - my day was 63 points. I have NEVER EVER had such a bad day since we started. But....I feel better confessing and I'm moving on. If this week's weigh-in isn't good it's all my fault and I'll own up to it.

Looking forward to a on-plan Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed.... praying for a good Thursday weigh-in.
Hockey, we are here for you. Been there and done that.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #654
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meeshodge
Stats: 155/152/135
WOE: WWPP + low carb
Start Date: Sept 15, 2012
Hello everyone, just found this forum and I am SO happy that I did! Was just dx with Hypothyroidism (explaining my excessive weight gain over a short period of time). Over the last seveal years I have packed on the pounds, I finally have a "reason" why. Back in Janusary I didi MediFast, lost 15 lbs in 2 months. But gained it all back in just 6 weeks! Dx in May, kidney stone in April (due to high protein of MF?) anyway....have been doing low carbs for almost 2 weeks....down 4 lbs so far but feel deprived so started WWPP Friday while still avoiding white, sugary and processed foods. I just want to be HEALTHY. I shop the perimeter of the grocery store and stay away form prepackaged foods. If I cannot buy it in produce, dairy or meat section, I just don't eat it! Look forward to gaining inspiration, recipes, etc here!
meeshodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Welcome Jaycee.
Good job Hope.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #656
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meeshodge
Stats: 155/152/135
WOE: WWPP + low carb
Start Date: Sept 15, 2012
Jayce, what is the app called that has the bar code scanner that calculates points? That sounds awesome!
meeshodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #657

Good morning ladies, very good discussion. It has been challenging for me as well to let go of not counting carbs and I've had some times I went way over daily points. I'm trying each day to make the best of it and if I go over in points it's from eating more protein.

I too get low points (26) Hockeymom so any deviation and overeating can blow the day's points. I can eat so it seems like it's not enough some days but I know my stomach has shrunk to help not eat as much as before. Today is a new day.

I'm encouraged by coming here. Even through the struggles, you're still coming here and trying to win the mental battle.

to this thread Jayce, Edin, Meeshodge and Ellagurl---congrats on the loss!!

Last edited by shari; 09-23-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to all of the new people. You will love it here and get lots of support.

I only get 26 points, too, but this week am going to try to keep it more low carb than last week, too. Weight loss is slow for me since I am pretty close to goal (and old), but that's okay if I am eating healthy. I am not going to get discouraged this time as I have in the past.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #659

Can you imagine I get 45 points and I still can't stay on plan... it happens at around 3pm....stress meet binge...but tomorrow starts my week and I am armed with my menu plan and hoping this will work for me...

I want to say good morning to all you lovely ladies.. and here is to hoping we have a fantastic week...
Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #660
Senior LCF Member

I certainly can relate, Melinda. Around 4:00 p.m. has always been a problem time for me. Since I have been back on track now, I try to do my walking about that time of day and then eat and call it good for the day.
I know what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all of us, but that one is working for me (right now anyway).