Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
LOL I Hear you.. when the scale brings.. I am right at the store in 10 seconds with a new one LOL!! It is so hard, and I really admire people watch themselves... but I can't....you will have a great week.
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
Yay! Congratulations! Do you need all kinds of fun new clothes??

I am down 1.5 for this week. I'll take it. My real victory is that I bought some ciabatta bread to eat on occasion as part of a meal, and I have totally behaved myself! The rolls are still in the freezer, minus two of them that I ate with TJ's spicy chicken sausage ... I planned for them, tracked them, and truly, truly enjoyed them. And then did not proceed to eat the rest of them just because they were there. Whew!

Good weekend to all.
Murray! Occasionally I buy some yummy bread but generally I have to buy something like "potato bread" for my husband so I won't eat it. Late at night I'll be sitting with a bowl of melted butter & my yummy bread....... and then I'll be sad in the morning when I realize it wasn't a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Nice pic Penny.
Way to be disciplined Murray.
I gotta say, that I am a bit afraid to return home and step on scales. I know that I have had way too many lite beers and crappy food. I can already feel the bloating in my clothes. My only saving grace is that I have done a lot of walking.
Thanks Rotay! I'm still in "maintaining mode" I feel like I have diet fatigue even though I don't think of WWP+ as a diet. I have been eating more because ?? Not sure but I'm still tracking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hi everyone, I started WWPP on Wednesday. I'm doing the online version for now. So far I like the program and don't mind the tracking. I really had no idea how much I was overeating when doing low carb only...what an eye opener this has been. I'm still sticking to low(er) carbs (20-60) as I just feel better when I don't eat a lot of carbs and sugar plus it usually sends me into a huge binge. I look forward to meeting you all.

Congrats Hockeymom!

Congrats Murray on the weekly loss!
Shari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
I am sure I can find some before/after pics somewhere but I hate having my picture taken. I'll have to look. I do have measurements - that's the true story and not the weight. I have to now work on arm flab and stomach flubber. So, weight will change once I start building some muscle.

Oh - I don't mind sharing my age. I'm 51. And, like you - I'm 5'0". I do feel good now I have to try to maintain for 6 weeks. Everyone else in our work group said that's the hard part - finding the balance without getting into old habits. We'll see - I think I have the tools (and desire) to do it. I don't want to go back - which is what happened to me on LC only.
I HATE my before pics! My husband saves everything but when I run across one I throw it away or delete it! They make me sad and embarrassed. Although I do have one I took off my churches bulletin board hiding in my purse just to look at occasionally. I feel relief that I don't look like that anymore. But one is enough.

Quote:
Great news! Doesn't that make you feel good - totally in control and not deprived. I love WW for that reason. When only doing LC I would feel so guilty when I ate bread or sugar. Now - I count it and move on. I still need to stay away from it but on occasion it's ok.
YES! It's not cheating anymore and i can eat cookies everyday if I want!

Quote:
Welcome Shari! Minor inspiring story:

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't pull on a pair of black pants that I wanted to wear. The scale has only moved a few pounds since then, but I tried them on today and they fit perfectly. That has got to be a testament to exercise. Go get those APs, Lady.

Separately:

I also have poor impulse control when I am stressed out and when time is limited, so I have tried really hard to find a work-around. The only thing that works for me is to plan and prepare. I spend half of every Sunday shopping and prepping parts of lunch and dinner for Monday - Wednesday or Thursday. So I roast some veggies, cook a pot of quinoa, steam some green beans, whip up some salad dressing, etc. So I already know what I am going to eat each day, and it is really easy to just throw the components of a healthy and delicious meal into some tupperware or onto a plate and eat.

It takes an investment of time and some discipline (and Tupperware), but it works for me.

Ann Marie
Yay! Ann Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning Shari.. I am so scale addicted.... that I weigh every day....Congrats on your loss.. I know people say don't weigh every day and I get it.. but boy if I see a loss it really motivates me alot...anyway I hope you continue to do well...

Ann Marie..Congrats on fitting into your pants.. I love those NSV.. those to me are the best....I walk everyday.. except for when my knees are excruciating...like today.. but I walk first and foremost for my blood pressure and then weight loss.. I guess that goes hand in hand...When I started low carb I used to do that as well..cut up my veggies, make serving portions of protein etc etc.. but boy I stopped...I have some quinoa.. but I guess I don't know how to make it cause it was crunchy...but I will keep trying...Low Carb ceased working and like Shari I try to keep a watch on the carbs.. but I also have enjoyed some fruit...or a little pasta...just have to not mess up every 5 minutes...

My week ended today.. and I had some flub ups.. but I still managed to lose 4 pounds.. so I wanted to wish you all a great week...
You rock Crazyone! 4 lbs is AWESOME! and btw, I weigh everyday too. Me & the scale are friends even when I don't like the number, it tells me the truth! It doesn't sugar coat anything and I appreciate it!

I WWP+!!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #513

Well said! I am just hoping WW will click or me...it's so disheartening to hear people say it doesn't work for them...guess its in the way you work it...
Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #514

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Quote:
Welcome Shari! Minor inspiring story:

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't pull on a pair of black pants that I wanted to wear. The scale has only moved a few pounds since then, but I tried them on today and they fit perfectly. That has got to be a testament to exercise. Go get those APs, Lady.

Separately:

I also have poor impulse control when I am stressed out and when time is limited, so I have tried really hard to find a work-around. The only thing that works for me is to plan and prepare. I spend half of every Sunday shopping and prepping parts of lunch and dinner for Monday - Wednesday or Thursday. So I roast some veggies, cook a pot of quinoa, steam some green beans, whip up some salad dressing, etc. So I already know what I am going to eat each day, and it is really easy to just throw the components of a healthy and delicious meal into some tupperware or onto a plate and eat.

It takes an investment of time and some discipline (and Tupperware), but it works for me.

Ann Marie
Congrats on the pants....a true example of how your body is changing even when the scale doesn't show it immediately! Great planning for the week, prevents cheats.

Quote:
Welcome Shari. I also try to stick with lower carb options....don't eat bread, potatoes, or rice on a daily basis. This past week was vacation, so we just won't even talk about that, because I did not really even try to stay on plan

Murray, sounds like you have figured out how to stay on plan. Planning and prepping is half the battle.
When I go on vacation, it's never pretty (eating wise) Any damage can be undone. This is a new week.

Quote:
Good Morning Shari.. I am so scale addicted.... that I weigh every day....Congrats on your loss.. I know people say don't weigh every day and I get it.. but boy if I see a loss it really motivates me alot...anyway I hope you continue to do well...

Ann Marie..Congrats on fitting into your pants.. I love those NSV.. those to me are the best....I walk everyday.. except for when my knees are excruciating...like today.. but I walk first and foremost for my blood pressure and then weight loss.. I guess that goes hand in hand...When I started low carb I used to do that as well..cut up my veggies, make serving portions of protein etc etc.. but boy I stopped...I have some quinoa.. but I guess I don't know how to make it cause it was crunchy...but I will keep trying...Low Carb ceased working and like Shari I try to keep a watch on the carbs.. but I also have enjoyed some fruit...or a little pasta...just have to not mess up every 5 minutes...

My week ended today.. and I had some flub ups.. but I still managed to lose 4 pounds.. so I wanted to wish you all a great week...
Congrats!! You did better than you expected. Great motivation..even through flub ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylovesdarren View Post
Murray! Occasionally I buy some yummy bread but generally I have to buy something like "potato bread" for my husband so I won't eat it. Late at night I'll be sitting with a bowl of melted butter & my yummy bread....... and then I'll be sad in the morning when I realize it wasn't a dream.

Thanks Rotay! I'm still in "maintaining mode" I feel like I have diet fatigue even though I don't think of WWP+ as a diet. I have been eating more because ?? Not sure but I'm still tracking it.

Shari!

I HATE my before pics! My husband saves everything but when I run across one I throw it away or delete it! They make me sad and embarrassed. Although I do have one I took off my churches bulletin board hiding in my purse just to look at occasionally. I feel relief that I don't look like that anymore. But one is enough.

YES! It's not cheating anymore and i can eat cookies everyday if I want!

Yay! Ann Marie

You rock Crazyone! 4 lbs is AWESOME! and btw, I weigh everyday too. Me & the scale are friends even when I don't like the number, it tells me the truth! It doesn't sugar coat anything and I appreciate it!
Hmmm, great way to look at it.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #515

Thanks Shari....
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #516

YW Melinda

Well I believe I ate all of my WPs fter eating at a function that had Famous Dave's catering and you could eat as much as you wanted. I stuck to only protein and green beans but it's hard to calculate just how many points were used...the WW calculator didn't have most of what I ate listed in it's databank or it was a slight version of it, so to be safe I'll just eat as if I've used it all. My weigh in is on Thursday although I started on Wednesday. I didn't weigh until Thursday so I'll have to use that start weight. Hope everyone have a great Sunday!

Oh I'm thinking of ordering WW bars and snacks to have in a pinch, any recommendations?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
YW Melinda

Well I believe I ate all of my WPs fter eating at a function that had Famous Dave's catering and you could eat as much as you wanted. I stuck to only protein and green beans but it's hard to calculate just how many points were used...the WW calculator didn't have most of what I ate listed in it's databank or it was a slight version of it, so to be safe I'll just eat as if I've used it all. My weigh in is on Thursday although I started on Wednesday. I didn't weigh until Thursday so I'll have to use that start weight. Hope everyone have a great Sunday!

Oh I'm thinking of ordering WW bars and snacks to have in a pinch, any recommendations?
Here is a site that works well for restaurants:
JustDietNow - Weight Watchers Points & Points Plus For Restuarants or google your restaurant and nutrition info and you'll usually find something you can use for points. Or, I pick a restaurant that is close. Famous Dave's in on the site.

WW bars/snacks - here is what I have found. Some are tasty LITTLE (and I mean little) snacks. Most are 2-3 pts but they are basically a bite. I like some of them but beware of the size (I always open them and think 'are you kidding me - that's not a snack). I do like the FiberOne brownie and choc-chip bars - they are 2 points each and they are larger and quite good. So, I agree you need something in the house/car/work when you're in a bind but most aren't too filling. Heck - it's still better than a candy bar.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #518

I remember once sitting in a meeting.. and this women stood up and said she loved the WW bars.. the chocolate ones...because what she did was put it in her microwave and it tastes like home made brownies. I know that information is useless... but now everytime I see those bars that's all I think of LOL..
Old 09-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Watch the carbs on those things too - they are usually higher than the other non-WW products. for me - I have to watch the carbs in sweets - it causes me to want MORE and MORE. But, I have had them and they are yummy and I think they are too expensive for what you get.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #520

Seriously I don't want to sound like a pig or a big fat fatty
, but those bars never fill me up or take the edge off hunger. I just think I get more bang for my WW points, having a fruit....
Old 09-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
YW Melinda

Yes! My favorites are the praline nut cluster bar, the chocolate pretzel blast, the toasted coconut dream, and the lemon mousse pie bar. I also like WW coucous and their red bean and rice soup. Occasionally I'll buy the cinnamon rice cake snacks too. They are yummy. They aren't a meal replacement; simply if you need a little dessert or a little snack with coffee or an emergency snack for your purse they are super! I stock up when they are on sale. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my favorite ever are the "aloha nut bars" SO YUMMY!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #522

thanks ladies! Very good info..seriously. I was at Aldi's today and they have their version (Millville) of Atkins' Caramel Nut bar. It only has 1g sugar, 130 cals and 2 net carbs! It was half the price too.

Hockeymom~thanks for the link to the restaurant website. It has all the places I frequently eat when out.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #523

Hi ladies, I'm doing well. How is everyone else doing?

BTW, those bars aren't as good as Atkins' bars but it's not bad for the price and is good for a snack if I want something semi-sweet.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Everything is going good this week. I have been on track but tomorrow is my golf dinner/banquet and I hope to stay on plan. I have weigh-in on Thursday so there is no room for salty foods that might screw up the scale. Exercised yesterday and tonight too so hopefully that will help.

Apples are in season and I've been eating them up. Yummy - and I feel better about my choices these days. Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hello ladies!!! I am thinking of switching to WW with a LC twist. How is the plan working for you all?

I think I am leary because change scares me and I feel like I will blow up lilke a blowfish!!

Last edited by ceecee08; 09-11-2012 at 04:03 PM..
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Well, I attempted to post earlier, but then my daughter skyped me from AZ, so had to take that call. missing her badly.
Anyway, for an update...I gained about 3 pounds while on vacation, but now I have dropped them-yay! I am here to tell ya, I did not follow any plan whatsoever, so I am lucky that I didn't ain 10 pounds.
But guess what? I decided not to wait on the belly button ring, I got it pierced on my last night there.. Now, I need to get the belly tighter.
Hope everyone is having a good week.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Hello ladies!!! I am thinking of switching to WW with a LC twist. How is the plan working for you all?

I think I am leary because change scares me and I feel like I will blow up lilke a blowfish!!
Hi Ceecee - welcome! I feel better when I do LC, but I need flexibility for social occasions and for higher carb fruits that I love. So I mostly stick to veggies, lean proteins, non-fat Greek yogurt, full-fat cheese in limited quantities, olive oil, fruits, nuts, and grains like quinoa and barley. But once a week or so when I go out with friends, I use some points for whatever everyone else is eating - tortilla chips, a bit of bread, some crackers, a glass of wine, etc.

It's not a free-for-all; I'm seriously watching and tracking portions, but it is nice to be able to have that stuff and feel like I am not cheating or screwing up my diet. I feel like being able to have that stuff eliminates my desire to, say, eat an entire bag of tortilla chips. I really, really like it, and I have lost around 17 pounds since I started on July 13. So no blowing up. Try it, track what you are doing, and see what works for you!

Oh - I meant to add - I feel like WW is teaching me how to eat like a "normal" person. What that means to me is that it helps me pay attention to my hunger signals ("getting hungry!" and "you are about to be satisfied soon... no need to keep going!"), understand and be satisfied by reasonable portion sizes, and be honest with myself about what I am eating and why. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try WW....

Ann Marie

Last edited by murray6789; 09-11-2012 at 05:53 PM..
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I attempted to post earlier, but then my daughter skyped me from AZ, so had to take that call. missing her badly.
Anyway, for an update...I gained about 3 pounds while on vacation, but now I have dropped them-yay! I am here to tell ya, I did not follow any plan whatsoever, so I am lucky that I didn't ain 10 pounds.
But guess what? I decided not to wait on the belly button ring, I got it pierced on my last night there.. Now, I need to get the belly tighter.
Good for you - both for losing the vacay lbs and for living in the now. That's great.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Ceecee - welcome! I feel better when I do LC, but I need flexibility for social occasions and for higher carb fruits that I love. So I mostly stick to veggies, lean proteins, non-fat Greek yogurt, full-fat cheese in limited quantities, olive oil, fruits, nuts, and grains like quinoa and barley. But once a week or so when I go out with friends, I use some points for whatever everyone else is eating - tortilla chips, a bit of bread, some crackers, a glass of wine, etc.

It's not a free-for-all; I'm seriously watching and tracking portions, but it is nice to be able to have that stuff and feel like I am not cheating or screwing up my diet. I feel like being able to have that stuff eliminates my desire to, say, eat an entire bag of tortilla chips. I really, really like it, and I have lost around 17 pounds since I started on July 13. So no blowing up. Try it, track what you are doing, and see what works for you!

Oh - I meant to add - I feel like WW is teaching me how to eat like a "normal" person. What that means to me is that it helps me pay attention to my hunger signals ("getting hungry!" and "you are about to be satisfied soon... no need to keep going!"), understand and be satisfied by reasonable portion sizes, and be honest with myself about what I am eating and why. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try WW....

Ann Marie
THANKS ANN MARIE!!! That opened up my eyes greatly. I think I will try it. Now have you all joined officially, going to meetings, ect?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 AM   #530

Quote:
Everything is going good this week. I have been on track but tomorrow is my golf dinner/banquet and I hope to stay on plan. I have weigh-in on Thursday so there is no room for salty foods that might screw up the scale. Exercised yesterday and tonight too so hopefully that will help.

Apples are in season and I've been eating them up. Yummy - and I feel better about my choices these days. Hope everyone is having a good week.
I do too! Isn't it ironic that weigh in would be the day after eating out..LOL? You did very well last week, hope the same for you this time.

Quote:

Hey Cee..good to see you here! I'm scared of change too but I really feel most plans work, it's just finding what works for you. I'm doing WW with low(er) carbs as well just because I feel better eating lower carbs and it keeps me from bingeing. I love eating this way...I think you will too!

Quote:

Ann Marie

I agree. I am so tired or restricting myself to where it was truly stressing me out. With WW, I'm incorporating better eating habits but am guilt-free when I go higher carbs.

Quote:
THANKS ANN MARIE!!! That opened up my eyes greatly. I think I will try it. Now have you all joined officially, going to meetings, ect?
Good for you!! I'm doing mine strictly online since they're having a 3-mth special. I feel enough support doing it this way but can see the benefit with weekly meetings...I'm on a budget though so I may consider later if I feel I need/want it. The online version is very easy to navigate.

Quote:
Good for you!!! Congrats on getting the vacation weight off. When I do Atkins only, any deviation from plan always yield a HUGE weight gain...another plus of WW.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!!

Thanks Shari for the information about the online board. I will check that out later. I found a calculator online earlier that said my daily points would be 46. But I want to be registered to make sure it was the correct one.

Thanks for all your help ladies.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #532

I have to add my 2 cents and I am probably not the one too, because I haven't been successful ever.. but in 2009 I started low carb lost 125 pounds everything was wonderful of course starting at 409 I had tons left to lose...Summer of 2010 Low Carb literally stopped working, no matter how many inductions I started, I tweaked low carb, still nothing and I wasted a year and a half staying on it.... and during that time of trying to make low carb work I have now put back about 60 of those pounds.. sometimes I feel like I don't want to cheat on Low carb, like it's a person.. I know I am nuts..It really is hard not to look at it now as low carb on Weight Watchers.. that I just have to count my points.. though I eat lower carb.. but I found that enjoying a piece of fruit or some popcorn at night, the correct portions hasn't put the weight on.. and if I would stop stress eating and talking myself into binging, which is my number one problem, I would have had those 60 pounds off already..It's hard not to have to count my proteins now...and again showing how dumb I was.. when they said fruits and veggies are a free food, they didn't mean to at as much as you want.. your portions allowed are free for the day..That is so stupid, but I was one of those who thought I could eat as much oranges and cauliflower as I wanted LOL.. now I just need to stop veering off the track and stay consistent....before I get way too old to enjoy my weight loss..I just wanted to add, sometimes what scares me is that people say they weren't on successful on WW....

Last edited by crazyone; 09-12-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THANKS MELINDA!!! I feel the same way.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Ceecee, I just do WW online. I don't have time or interest in meetings - the tracking online plus the support I get from a bootcamp I go to are sufficient accountability for me. But I have discovered that no one size fits all; we all have different needs, and we just need to figure out what works for us as individuals. It's a process.

I think all the vegetables are making me very Zen!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

I go to meetings but they are at work (and the company is paying for it) so I'm a little different. I think that the meetings helped initially teach me the plan. I think their website is 'ok' some parts better than others. I do find that I need to track everyday or things get away from me. With WW - I no longer have the LC guilt I had when I eat the wrong things. I still need to watch my carbs but this isn't a diet - it's just the way I eat now (it's amazing to finally say that).
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
With WW - I no longer have the LC guilt I had when I eat the wrong things. I still need to watch my carbs but this isn't a diet - it's just the way I eat now (it's amazing to finally say that).[/QUOTE]

rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #537

Quote:
I go to meetings but they are at work (and the company is paying for it) so I'm a little different. I think that the meetings helped initially teach me the plan. I think their website is 'ok' some parts better than others. I do find that I need to track everyday or things get away from me. With WW - I no longer have the LC guilt I had when I eat the wrong things. I still need to watch my carbs but this isn't a diet - it's just the way I eat now (it's amazing to finally say that).
Boy hockeymom..this is a great post...because honestly being on low carb for so long....it's been hard to switch my mindset, almost guilt...how did you leave behind the low carb guilt?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Boy hockeymom..this is a great post...because honestly being on low carb for so long....it's been hard to switch my mindset, almost guilt...how did you leave behind the low carb guilt?
I agree that hockeymom's post is great. Achieving the mindset that she has achieved is my goal too. I am not there yet, but I'm working on it. When I started WW in July, I ate very very very cleanly - i.e., no processed foods of any sort. And then after about a month I experimented with eating a controlled portion of the aforementioned chips or bread or something in a social setting. And then last week I decided to buy the ciabatta bread that I mentioned before to have at home on occasion with a meal. Bread is a trigger for me, so I committed to myself to not have more than one portion of the bread per day ... and I committed mentally to just throwing all of the bread away if it I couldn't control my intake.

Miracle of miracles, I still have most of the bread in the freezer! I haven't even had it every day, even though I knew I could! And every time I ate bread, I planned for it, tracked it, and moved on, guilt-free. Now, I am not about to go buying bags of M&M's and cartons of ice cream to test this new resolve, but this felt like mini-success. So that is all a very long way of saying that my advice is to start slow and clean, nail that down, get a sense of how many points you like to use for each meal and snack, and THEN start experimenting with foods that may be more difficult for you to handle.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #539

That is fantastic Murray! I have added back some popcorn, that I have to make myself because I have no microwave. So I use oil in my pan and melted butter. Not everyday like your experience with bread...but I found it did not hinder my weight loss...so as always with me it's portion control...it just kind of amazes me how some are on low carb, then to WW, and then back to low carb..
Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #540

Great posts ladies! I think it takes time to veer from the 'low carb' mentality. I've been thinking of trying to eat just to points...slowly releasing another restriction I've placed on myself, not as huge of a restriction as the low carb diet or Atkins but trying to find that balance between not being afraid to not count carbs but not bingeing either. Well, this morning I wanted a sausage egg McMuffin sandwich when I ordered my coffee and happily felt okay with it, no guilt. I was rushing today and forgot my lunch at home (which was a low carb..meal) and had Progesso soup instead which is what I had in my office from doing JUDDD. My supervisor passed out snack size Hershey bars and I got two...ate it then calculated it using my WW app, 7 points. I'm within my points for the day, definitely did not eat low carb today and I don't have any guilt. Now of course I know and don't plan to eat like this every day but it felt good that I let myself be carb free.

ETA: Oh I weighed this morning and am down 4lbs from Thursday's weigh in. I started last Wednesday but weighed on Thursday so shy one day...

Last edited by shari; 09-12-2012 at 05:30 PM..