Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post

As far as diet goes...I kinda like the calorie counting. However, that being said, I am not losing like I did before when I was on weight watchers (and I wasn't even killing myself then with exercise), so I might have to rethink this in a bit. I told my hubbo, that maybe I should just forget the gym and just do ww like before???? That's just my "poor, pitiful" self speaking, so I gotta put on my big girl panties and just buckle down. I am staying within my calorie range, I just think that it probably does matter what that range consists of.
Oh well, thanks for letting me ramble. I do hope that you all will ramble a bit too and let us know what is going on in your life.
Talk to you soon.
~R
I'm here! Don't you dare quit exercising! It has so many benefits apart from weight loss, and you are ultimately losing weight for your health, right?? Plus, if you are losing fat but not scale weight, you are ultimately going to look smaller and better, regardless of the lies the scale tells.

Tomorrow is weigh day for me. I have been working out a lot and eating all of my daily points, so hopefully there will be good news.
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Today was weigh in. I worked hard this past week trying to get off the vacation lbs. - it worked. Lost over 2 lbs. so I'm back to my lowest in years. Now - I need to keep it off. I will continue to exercise and track points and stay lower carb. I still think I have about 5 lbs to go. Of course, I need to take my measurements and see how many inches I've lost - that's the key to me.

Rotay60 - keep it up - you're doing great - you know it's working because you feel good and you're losing inches. The weight is the weight - it will come off.

Murray - good luck tomorrow. I also had to be sure I ate all my daily points to get the scale to move. Strange when you think about it - you need to eat more to lose more. So strange.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

I am down another two pounds today for a total of 15.8 since July 13. I have a long way to go, but I feel like I am solidly on my way. Yay!

Good long weekend to all. Don't eat/drink too much!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/2/14 135/132.4/110ish
Thanks Murray and Hockeymom for the encouraging words. Wow, you both had a 2 pound loss, that is awesome. I know that you both have to be feeling really good about now. Well, today officially starts my vacation, although we won't be leaving until Tuesday or Wednesday. I am sure that I will still be checking the boards, but want to say that I hope that everyone has a fun and safe holiday.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Murray and Hockeymom for the encouraging words. Wow, you both had a 2 pound loss, that is awesome. I know that you both have to be feeling really good about now. Well, today officially starts my vacation, although we won't be leaving until Tuesday or Wednesday. I am sure that I will still be checking the boards, but want to say that I hope that everyone has a fun and safe holiday.
Have fun on vacation. Enjoy yourself and don't stress about eating. It took me 2 weeks to lose the weight I gained on my vacation but I did it. So, it does come off. enjoy. I'm out of town for the holiday but I'll check back in early next week.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Actually, we have decided to leave tomorrow-yay! We will get to watch the surfing competition- a new experience for me. . Excited
Old 09-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #487
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Does anyone know how to calculate your daily target points.. I just don't want to go back to a meeting...it's way too far from me..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Does anyone know how to calculate your daily target points.. I just don't want to go back to a meeting...it's way too far from me..

You can find sites that do this pretty reliably just by googling "calculate Weight Watchers points." The two calculators I found got them exactly right.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #489

Thank you very much.. I keep finding calculators for the previous program....I am starting this morning....for the umpteenth time of course..
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Daily Target Calculator
Crazyone - this should help you.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #491

Your a doll thank you hockeymom.....just completing my first day...
Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Melinda, the first week was tough for me. I had to get rid of all those cravings. It gets easier.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #493

Thank you hockeymom...it kind of takes a whole different way of thinking for me to stop thinking about low carb....
Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

wow I made it. I made it to my goal of being down 30 lbs WW (I had lost a tiny bit on LC before that). so - I made my WW goal. I feel like I can lose about 10 more but I want to learn maintenance while we still have our leader coming into the office. So, I will try it and see what happens. I get a few more daily points to use to see if I can maintain my weight - we'll see what happens. For me I still need to watch my carbs or bad binging happens.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Hockeymom. You need to post some before and after pics for us. Also, I am not sure if you have told us before or not, but would you mind sharing your age range? When I was successful on WW, I went from 158 to 118, it was a great feeling...I am sure that you are feeling that about now.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
wow I made it. I made it to my goal of being down 30 lbs WW (I had lost a tiny bit on LC before that). so - I made my WW goal. I feel like I can lose about 10 more but I want to learn maintenance while we still have our leader coming into the office. So, I will try it and see what happens. I get a few more daily points to use to see if I can maintain my weight - we'll see what happens. For me I still need to watch my carbs or bad binging happens.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
AWESOME!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
wow I made it. I made it to my goal of being down 30 lbs WW (I had lost a tiny bit on LC before that). so - I made my WW goal.
Yay! Congratulations! Do you need all kinds of fun new clothes??

I am down 1.5 for this week. I'll take it. My real victory is that I bought some ciabatta bread to eat on occasion as part of a meal, and I have totally behaved myself! The rolls are still in the freezer, minus two of them that I ate with TJ's spicy chicken sausage ... I planned for them, tracked them, and truly, truly enjoyed them. And then did not proceed to eat the rest of them just because they were there. Whew!

Good weekend to all.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Nice pic Penny.
Way to be disciplined Murray.
I gotta say, that I am a bit afraid to return home and step on scales. I know that I have had way too many lite beers and crappy food. I can already feel the bloating in my clothes. My only saving grace is that I have done a lot of walking.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #499

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Hi everyone, I started WWPP on Wednesday. I'm doing the online version for now. So far I like the program and don't mind the tracking. I really had no idea how much I was overeating when doing low carb only...what an eye opener this has been. I'm still sticking to low(er) carbs (20-60) as I just feel better when I don't eat a lot of carbs and sugar plus it usually sends me into a huge binge. I look forward to meeting you all.

Congrats Hockeymom!

Congrats Murray on the weekly loss!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #500

Congrats Hockeymom!!! That is awesome!!!

I agree Shari...I have the worst time with portion control...I am trying to stick to lower carbs myself, but I have to admit that I sure do enjoy a piece of fruit... or some popcorn.....

Murray..Congrats on your weight loss and your victory!!!

Rotary...you may surprise yourself!! Good luck!!

I have been good and bad this week... my official week ends tomorrow.. and I think I am only down barely 2 pounds....when stress hits the fan, so does my eating habits...
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats Hockeymom. You need to post some before and after pics for us. Also, I am not sure if you have told us before or not, but would you mind sharing your age range? When I was successful on WW, I went from 158 to 118, it was a great feeling...I am sure that you are feeling that about now.
I am sure I can find some before/after pics somewhere but I hate having my picture taken. I'll have to look. I do have measurements - that's the true story and not the weight. I have to now work on arm flab and stomach flubber. So, weight will change once I start building some muscle.

Oh - I don't mind sharing my age. I'm 51. And, like you - I'm 5'0". I do feel good now I have to try to maintain for 6 weeks. Everyone else in our work group said that's the hard part - finding the balance without getting into old habits. We'll see - I think I have the tools (and desire) to do it. I don't want to go back - which is what happened to me on LC only.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hi everyone, I started WWPP on Wednesday. I'm doing the online version for now. So far I like the program and don't mind the tracking. I really had no idea how much I was overeating when doing low carb only...what an eye opener this has been. I'm still sticking to low(er) carbs (20-60) as I just feel better when I don't eat a lot of carbs and sugar plus it usually sends me into a huge binge. I look forward to meeting you all.

Congrats Hockeymom!

Congrats Murray on the weekly loss!
Hello there - welcome to our group. You are so right - I have the same problems with binging when I let my carbs get out of control. I was also over-eating on LC. It sure took a while to get used to the portion control but now it just makes sense to me. Keep it up - we're here for support.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
Yay! Congratulations! Do you need all kinds of fun new clothes??

I am down 1.5 for this week. I'll take it. My real victory is that I bought some ciabatta bread to eat on occasion as part of a meal, and I have totally behaved myself! The rolls are still in the freezer, minus two of them that I ate with TJ's spicy chicken sausage ... I planned for them, tracked them, and truly, truly enjoyed them. And then did not proceed to eat the rest of them just because they were there. Whew!

Good weekend to all.
Great news! Doesn't that make you feel good - totally in control and not deprived. I love WW for that reason. When only doing LC I would feel so guilty when I ate bread or sugar. Now - I count it and move on. I still need to stay away from it but on occasion it's ok.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #504

Hockeymom.. how funny you mention about over eating on Low carb.. my goodness that is me too...well that is me in general.. do you tend to say lower carb on WW???? You know something else.. on Low Carb.. if I eat too much chicken and of all things cabbage, I gain weight.. on WW having some popcorn at night.. doesn't affect my weight loss at all, I lose....
Old 09-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #505

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome. I weighed today..I just can't wait a whole week sometimes....I get anxious that I may not be doing something right and use the scale to gauge how I'm doing, especially when trying something new. I'm down since Wednesday so I'm very happy about that. I've been eating around target carbs between 20-60/day and this seems to be better than when I was eating under 20. Plus I'm certain I'm eating less cals. I still have a lot of WP and may eat Famous Dave's today...if so, that's going to pull most if not all of my points. I haven't started exercising...I guess I should really begin for AP.

Quote:
Congrats Hockeymom!!! That is awesome!!!

I agree Shari...I have the worst time with portion control...I am trying to stick to lower carbs myself, but I have to admit that I sure do enjoy a piece of fruit... or some popcorn.....

Murray..Congrats on your weight loss and your victory!!!

Rotary...you may surprise yourself!! Good luck!!

I have been good and bad this week... my official week ends tomorrow.. and I think I am only down barely 2 pounds....when stress hits the fan, so does my eating habits...
same for me, hope you still have a good weigh in.

How's everyone doing?
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Shari! Minor inspiring story:

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't pull on a pair of black pants that I wanted to wear. The scale has only moved a few pounds since then, but I tried them on today and they fit perfectly. That has got to be a testament to exercise. Go get those APs, Lady.

Separately:

Quote:

when stress hits the fan, so does my eating habits...
I also have poor impulse control when I am stressed out and when time is limited, so I have tried really hard to find a work-around. The only thing that works for me is to plan and prepare. I spend half of every Sunday shopping and prepping parts of lunch and dinner for Monday - Wednesday or Thursday. So I roast some veggies, cook a pot of quinoa, steam some green beans, whip up some salad dressing, etc. So I already know what I am going to eat each day, and it is really easy to just throw the components of a healthy and delicious meal into some tupperware or onto a plate and eat.

It takes an investment of time and some discipline (and Tupperware), but it works for me.

Ann Marie
Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Shari. I also try to stick with lower carb options....don't eat bread, potatoes, or rice on a daily basis. This past week was vacation, so we just won't even talk about that, because I did not really even try to stay on plan

Murray, sounds like you have figured out how to stay on plan. Planning and prepping is half the battle.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #508

Good Morning Shari.. I am so scale addicted.... that I weigh every day....Congrats on your loss.. I know people say don't weigh every day and I get it.. but boy if I see a loss it really motivates me alot...anyway I hope you continue to do well...

Ann Marie..Congrats on fitting into your pants.. I love those NSV.. those to me are the best....I walk everyday.. except for when my knees are excruciating...like today.. but I walk first and foremost for my blood pressure and then weight loss.. I guess that goes hand in hand...When I started low carb I used to do that as well..cut up my veggies, make serving portions of protein etc etc.. but boy I stopped...I have some quinoa.. but I guess I don't know how to make it cause it was crunchy...but I will keep trying...Low Carb ceased working and like Shari I try to keep a watch on the carbs.. but I also have enjoyed some fruit...or a little pasta...just have to not mess up every 5 minutes...

My week ended today.. and I had some flub ups.. but I still managed to lose 4 pounds.. so I wanted to wish you all a great week...
Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #509

Rotay LOL!!! I figure when your on vacation...your on vacation!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Crazyone , 4 pound loss is great. I am a daily scale person as well, so you can probably imagine my withdrawals this week.

Crazy...my husband has your motto as well....you are on vacation, normally he is a great supporter, but I think that he wanted to be free from diet mode this week too.