Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwimum
Stats: 184/181/132
WOE: protein, salad/vegies and fruit all the way!
Start Date: July 4 2012
Hi guys, Im pretty new to this community, been mostly lurking so far
I have been trying to eat low GI, but havent really noticed to much of a difference. Well, none actually. I considered eating very low carb, but kinda freaked out about it (lol) and have since decided that although low carb low GI is the way to go, I need an overall framwework so I know how much Im consuming and for peace of mind.
So counting points makes sense!!
My plan is to eat low GI as much possible, but if I eat something higher on the index I wont freak out because it all has to be within the points anyway.
Does this sound like a plan??? I would love to hear from anybody else who is counting points while being mindful of the carbs/GI!!
Thanks - look forward to learning and hopefully some success!!
kiwimum is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Penny, you look like have lost weight in your face in this picture.
I think so too! My jowls are finally starting to go away. I'm about 15 lbs from my goal weight so I'm feeling good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Lost the weight I had gained and an additional pound, so was down 3lbs at weigh in this morning. Not really sure what I did.
Excellent Liro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
ok - I reported I was back - then for some crazy reason I lost my mind and started eating everything in sight - what was I thinking. My belly was miserable but I kept eating. Now I'm up 2 more lbs (total 6 from vacation and binge eating).

Ok - I confessed - now I feel better. Today has been a good food day. I weigh in on Thursday and it won't be pretty but it WILL be my fault. So, I'll take it, accept it, and move on. I promised myself this morning that I'll give myself 2 weeks to lose that weight. UGH --- I can / will do this. Felt so good about myself before vacation - it was a nice feeling and I want that again.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
I've done that I think it's from being over tired from vacation. It'll be gone in no time!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Penny, only 15#, that is awesome.
Welcome Kiwi. I think that a lot of us at least started out watching our intake of carbs, especially things like breads, pastas, etc. I think that several of us have decided that fruit is ok. Read back over the posts when you can and you will see some of this.
Hockeymom, confession, good for the soul, right? You will be fine, Just gotta get out of that vacation mode
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Well, a month into Weight Watchers, I have lost 11 lbs and all of my work trousers are very loose. I am feeling in control and mindful of my eating without white knuckling it. I am also making goals that have nothing to do with weight/fat loss, which I've never done before. Good stuff! i wish I could bottle what I feel right now and give myself a dose of it whenever I lose faith and want to inhale a pint of Ben & Jerry's with a side of chips.

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend.

Ann Marie
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
Well, a month into Weight Watchers, I have lost 11 lbs and all of my work trousers are very loose. I am feeling in control and mindful of my eating without white knuckling it. I am also making goals that have nothing to do with weight/fat loss, which I've never done before. Good stuff! i wish I could bottle what I feel right now and give myself a dose of it whenever I lose faith and want to inhale a pint of Ben & Jerry's with a side of chips.

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend.

Ann Marie
Great job Ann Marie! When I have "moments" I bust out an individual cup of Skinny Cow Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream and it's only 4 points! Super yummy too!

My weigh in was today....down 2 lbs. YAY!!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Murray and Penny - great job! Murray, you might not be able to bottle up that feeling, but we will be here to help remind you if and when necessary. Sometimes, I will eat a sugar free fudge bar or brown cow, or make a light chocolate, peanut butter, frozen banana type smoothie- yummo!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member

After a rough week, due to not getting enough sleep, I can say that I have caught up on my rest since Friday afternoon. Boy, not getting enough sleep can totally reek havoc on the body physically and mentally.
So, today I am rested, energized, and looking forward to my RIPPED class. Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but you can burn anywhere from 750-1000 calories in this class. Look it up. It is high intensity, but it is also fun.
Have a great week everyone.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Murray, my PT asked me about my goals this week, and it was funny because I had just discussed them with my hubby. Here they are: just want to lose weight and not wiggle, be able to wear those gym leggings that come below the knee and look decent, and be able to wear a bikini next vacation and have my belly button re- pierced.
Anybody else with crazy goals?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Murray, my PT asked me about my goals this week, and it was funny because I had just discussed them with my hubby. Here they are: just want to lose weight and not wiggle, be able to wear those gym leggings that come below the knee and look decent, and be able to wear a bikini next vacation and have my belly button re- pierced.

Those goals are fun, not crazy!

I am a carnivore at heart, but I want to move to a more plant-based diet and consume meat/animal protein in smaller portions. So I have made it a goal to try at least one new salad or veggie recipe per week and to work dark leafy greens like kale into my diet three or four times a week. I am forcing myself to go to bootcamp 3 times per week whether I feel like it or not. Finally, I am trying very hard to regard these changes as permanent, with no end date in mind. So if I magically wake up 50 lbs lighter tomorrow I would still eat the way that i am eating and exercise the way I am exercising because I am making those changes for health, not weight loss. I am surprised how much I like WW. I am not hungry, and the points program is forcing me to eat super clean.

Thanks for the sweet treat recommendations, ladies. i will keep those in mind for desperate moments!

Last edited by murray6789; 08-18-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Hey everyone, just checking in. Craziness over my way, we had to go to Vegas from Orange County this week and have my mother in law transported down here in an ambulance and put in a nursing home and move my my father in law in with us. I haven't gained but I haven't lost either, mostly I haven't really been paying attention. Between this and work stress though the last few days I have been really bad. So I am nipping it in the bud today and getting back on track before I start gaining.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
After a rough week, due to not getting enough sleep, I can say that I have caught up on my rest since Friday afternoon. Boy, not getting enough sleep can totally reek havoc on the body physically and mentally.
So, today I am rested, energized, and looking forward to my RIPPED class. Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but you can burn anywhere from 750-1000 calories in this class. Look it up. It is high intensity, but it is also fun.
WTG Rotay! Just the name "RIPPED" sounds TOUGH!

Quote:
I like your goals! I don't want to jiggle either. I wiggle on purpose though I don't have any cool goals like these yet. I feel like I'm holding my breath and just tiptoeing along. I just so want to be thin again and that alone is motivating me this time. I went over my daily points last night because I was so tired and stressed. Makes me mad I should've just gone to bed. Ding dong!

Quote:
Those goals are fun, not crazy!

I am a carnivore at heart, but I want to move to a more plant-based diet and consume meat/animal protein in smaller portions. So I have made it a goal to try at least one new salad or veggie recipe per week and to work dark leafy greens like kale into my diet three or four times a week. I am forcing myself to go to bootcamp 3 times per week whether I feel like it or not. Finally, I am trying very hard to regard these changes as permanent, with no end date in mind. So if I magically wake up 50 lbs lighter tomorrow I would still eat the way that i am eating and exercise the way I am exercising because I am making those changes for health, not weight loss. I am surprised how much I like WW. I am not hungry, and the points program is forcing me to eat super clean.

Thanks for the sweet treat recommendations, ladies. i will keep those in mind for desperate moments!
I'm trying to focus changing my way of eating and my behaviors too. I WW and the points are teaching me what healthy portions are. I go to meetings every friday and I love those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiasmc1 View Post
Hey everyone, just checking in. Craziness over my way, we had to go to Vegas from Orange County this week and have my mother in law transported down here in an ambulance and put in a nursing home and move my my father in law in with us. I haven't gained but I haven't lost either, mostly I haven't really been paying attention. Between this and work stress though the last few days I have been really bad. So I am nipping it in the bud today and getting back on track before I start gaining.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
maintaining is success too so WTG!!

I WWP+!!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
So - you guys think I left you? Well, I hope I'm back to a regular routine now. I'm back from vacation (up 5 lbs) - ugh. I'm back from moving my son back to college. My youngest started back to high school last week. Yikes - super busy. Then...my zumba instructors were on vacation (is that allowed)? So, back to getting on track, exercising, and hanging around with you guys.

I hope this Thursday I'm down a little from my vacation.

Goals - did I see goals - oh yeah - I sure don't want to jiggle anymore. And, next May I need to have my driver's license renewed - I want to be that weight (you know the one I always lie about).
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Hockeymom, welcome back. Yeah, I was wondering about you. you will get those pounds off now that you have settled down a bit. The drivers license goal is another good one, I have until January - yikes!

I will finally be going on vacation in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Already told hubby that he has to walk on the beach with me everyday at a quick pace, he says " no problem", we'll see.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I thought RIPPED class? Sounds interesting? Well, when I looked it up and tried to find a class - it was 45 miles away. There is probably something 'like' it here by me. I'll look around. Finally went back to Zumba this week. I love that workout.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

UGH - today was weigh in day. How did I gain it so quickly (well - I know how - all that cruise food) and I only lost .6 lbs this week. I guess I'll have to take it! How, this week I'm buckling down. Going to try not to dip into those weekly points and I will get more exercise points.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday! I am down another 2 lbs. Yay! But my weekend is jam packed with friends who also love food and wine. I am going to have to keep a grip on myself. I guess my plan is to pre-eat big salads before each event so that I am not hungry and can stick to small portions of point-heavy food. And just not even start with the wine. Sparkling water with lime, here I come!

Hockeymom, it is amazing that you lost despite the cruise indulgence!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy Friday! I am down another 2 lbs. Yay! But my weekend is jam packed with friends who also love food and wine. I am going to have to keep a grip on myself. I guess my plan is to pre-eat big salads before each event so that I am not hungry and can stick to small portions of point-heavy food. And just not even start with the wine. Sparkling water with lime, here I come!

Hockeymom, it is amazing that you lost despite the cruise indulgence!
Great job! Yes - stay away from the wine (one glass - leads to 2 glasses...). But, if you have water, then maybe a glass of wine and switch - just use some of your weekly points. That's an idea too. I agree - whatever you do - don't go hungry.

LOL - you think I lost - you must have missed my post-cruise post of the 3 lbs. (I think it was 5 lbs but WW said 3 - so I went with that). So, lost only .6 of that 3 lb gain. This week - I'm doing better... Promised myself.

Have a great time this weekend.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

I'm skipping weigh in today, I may go tomorrow. I have a massage in an hour and I don't feel like rushing. Today is all about pampering myself after a long week. I'm meeting a girlfriend for lunch and then I'm coming home to read my book! I may exercise later though. I FINALLY started again last Sunday after many months of just being an exercise slug. My body is sore but mentally I feel great!

Eating this week has been a little off plan but I'm forging ahead; a "little ice cream & french fries" can't keep me down for long. Although I'm exceptionally hungry already and it's only 9 o'clock I guess I better eat some fruit and maybe a baby bel light!

Congrats to you ladies who've lost!! Continued success for all of us!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Well once again my weight remained the same. I did lose 1/4" in chest and 3/4" in thighs - yay!! So total is I have lost 10# fat and gained 9# lean muscle. I still want to see the poundage, though. I think part of my problem is stress, no sleep, etc because.....I live in GA and my daughter is moving to AZ, I don't like to fly or travel over bridges, so I am not sure when I will see her again. ( I know, ridiculous, but it is what it is). We are close andi am not handling this very well.
Congrats Murray, wishing you success this weekend.
Hockeymom, my favorite Zumba instructor follows the RIPPED class, and there is no way that I could do both. Glad you are enjoying it.
Penny, sounds like a wonderful day. Enjoy! What book are you reading? I love to read, it is probably my favorite hobby. . Good luck on weigh in tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Rotay~ I to read too! The book is called The Kitchen House. It's really good!
My aunt doesn't go over bridges either. Flying sucks but I do it along the west coast where I live. I want to go to Hawaii but its a long flight so so far we haven't gone. I may have to take valium or something
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Penny, Valium is what has been reccomended to me, but I'm thinking more on the lines of an iv.
By the way, I have flown and crossed bridges, but usually with anxiety attacks.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

So I broke in my new food scale today. I thought I was pretty good at visually estimating weights and measures, but of course I am not. I have been overestimating the weight of cheese (so I have been eating about half an ounce and calling it an ounce), and underestimating the weight of ground turkey and chicken (eating about 6 oz and calling it 3 oz). I have been losing consistently so I guess it all balanced out, but I'm glad to have found out how skewed my perception is!

Rotay, losing almost a whole inch in your thighs is fantastic.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
I first started WW back in high school … 1960's I was successful but never kept it off. I've been trying LC on and off since 2000… I do better physically on LC but a little voice inside keeps saying WW,WW,WW. I'm so fat and depressed that maybe WW would be the change I need. I think I have books from the last time I did WW (2005 I think) so maybe I'll dig them out. Have any of you done online WW…sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread right now but I will get to it.
Thanks for any advice and words of encouragement!
Goal 140?
Annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
I first started WW back in high school … 1960's I was successful but never kept it off. I've been trying LC on and off since 2000… I do better physically on LC but a little voice inside keeps saying WW,WW,WW. I'm so fat and depressed that maybe WW would be the change I need. I think I have books from the last time I did WW (2005 I think) so maybe I'll dig them out. Have any of you done online WW…sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread right now but I will get to it.
Thanks for any advice and words of encouragement!
Hi Annabelle-

I am doing WW online because I usually live overseas and I need something portable. I feel like the mere tracking of food intake and scheduled weekly weigh-ins are sufficient accountability for me.

I also feel really good on LC, but it just doesn't work for my social schedule and I have figured out that I cannot stay on it forever. BUT while on LC I learned to eliminate most processed foods from my diet. So my WW menus are whole, unprocessed lean protein, vegetables of all sorts, and fruit. I get to eat a lot of food throughout the day because most of those items are low in points. If I have processed carbs or sugar, they are in very small amounts and always in a social setting where my consumption is limited. I feel great and in control of my eating.

Join us!

Ann Marie
Old 08-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
Thanks Ann Marie - Your way of working sounds great. I think I'm going to give it a go!
Annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Kinda fell off the wagon the past two weeks. I have been making made choices apparently. I have been eating out with friends too much. I pick things I think are ok, but only to come home to find out I have eaten a big chunk of my WP points.

Have not gained, but have not lost either.

Next week will try and be better about planning out meals and not eating out.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lisa! I'm "maintaining" too and that's okay with me. I've started exercising again, YAY, but I've also been eating more. I weigh every day so that the weight doesn't creep back on. I've noticed I haven't been eating as much lean protein the past couple weeks and I think that may be why I'm hungrier than usual. I started today off with 6 oz. of lean meat so hopefully today will be back 100% OP.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
With me, at restaurant they give you bread...and yes I will eat all of it. I love bread. So from now on I am going to try and be a little more low carb and see if that helps.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
Kinda fell off the wagon the past two weeks. I have been making made choices apparently. I have been eating out with friends too much. I pick things I think are ok, but only to come home to find out I have eaten a big chunk of my WP points.

Have not gained, but have not lost either.

Next week will try and be better about planning out meals and not eating out.
Recently been there - done that too. Started back last week and this week I've been good (so far). Weigh-in is Thursday so I'm hoping for a loss. Got a lot of activity points this weekend doing yard work too - that felt good. I feel better (health-wise) when I stay with a lower carb / healthy eating plan. I sure hope I can keep at it.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Seriously, where is everybody? Good luck today Hockeymom, we're rooting for ya! I am still doing my calorie count thingy. I always weigh lower except on the day of weigh-in, what's up with that? Grateful to be still losing inches anyway. I've been experimenting with going to the gym before work this week, which means I am up at about 4:15. I am a morning person, so that really isn't too bad for me. The problem is...once I get to work, sit at computer, start reading emails....my eyes will tend to get a bit droopy.

My husband told me that he would start going with me if I would keep up the a.m. routine, that is about the only time that we would be able to work out together, but I'm thinking...can I keep doing this early thing?, can we afford both of us going to the gym AND me a personal trainer (I don't think so), and really he is the one that could really use the trainer, because he needs to gain a little weight and bulk up a bit. (not too much, I'm not into steroid types), so I am trying to figure it all out. Just thought that I would update you all on my life.
As far as diet goes...I kinda like the calorie counting. However, that being said, I am not losing like I did before when I was on weight watchers (and I wasn't even killing myself then with exercise), so I might have to rethink this in a bit. I told my hubbo, that maybe I should just forget the gym and just do ww like before???? That's just my "poor, pitiful" self speaking, so I gotta put on my big girl panties and just buckle down. I am staying within my calorie range, I just think that it probably does matter what that range consists of.
Oh well, thanks for letting me ramble. I do hope that you all will ramble a bit too and let us know what is going on in your life.
Talk to you soon.
~R