Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Great losses! and

WI tomorrow!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Murray, is there something that you could liken quInoa too?
Hockeymom - good job on weight loss. Wow, a cruise, hope you have a great time.
Good luck Penny.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loreleileigh
Stats: 209.5/185.4/113
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May 3, 2013
Hello everyone!

I've been poking around on LCF for a few months, mostly as a lurker. I found this place when I started at a Medi-Weight Loss Clinic earlier this year. I did okay there, but not as well as I would have liked. It got to the point where I just couldn't justify the expense of it anymore. I have a friend who lost of a ton of weight doing it, but for me it's way to expensive for what you get.

I decided to try straight Atkins, but I just don't think it agrees with me. After an initial week were I lost really well, I stopped losing completely and actually started to gain a little, even though I was following the diet strictly. When I looked at a long future of slow losses and not being able to eat a lot of the things I love ever, I decided to quit. I figure if I'm going to lose slowly I might as well do it being able to indulge myself on occasion without feeling guilty.

Hence, my return to Weight Watchers. I've done it before and it's worked well, but I've never stuck with it, of course. But now that I've done things that are a lot more restrictive, I think I can better appreciate what WW offers - which is flexibility. I really need that if I'm going to stick with something long term.

I'm going to keep it low carb for the most part, but I like that I won't have to be so rigid about it and that if I have some extra points I might be able to have a piece of cake or some potatoes every once in a while.

Anyway, been lurking on your thread waiting to get started (I'm officially starting today) so figured I'd actually write a post and introduce myself.
loreleileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Weigh in was today and l lost 5 lbs! Feels good to stick to plan and actually see some results.

I did have to cut out wheat from my diet because it was upsetting my stomach(gas, bloat). I was just eating a few pieces of bread a day so it wasn't that hard to give up.

Camping this weekend and I have all my food planned out and ready to go. This will be a big test for me because normally camping = all day eating and snacking. I love roasting marshmallows but I don't really enjoy eating them so I will just feed them to someone else. We are camping at the coast so I will be doing a lot of walking on the beach and maybe a little hiking to earn a bunch of AP's.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #365
Junior LCF Member

That's great, Cathy! I hope at this time next week, I'm able to say the same thing.

Hope you have a great weekend camping!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Hi Lorelei, and welcome!

WTG Cathy!!!

I think I need to cut the wheat. I will eat what I have at home, but will not buy more. Also, I am thinking I am getting too much sugar on WW. So I think I am going to start watching my sugar intake a little more.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Wtg Cat. Try Bibb lettuce leaves for bread when having tuna or chicken salad-works great. Have fun on your camping trip. Sounds fun.

Welcome Lore! We all are trying to find our way, so you are most welcome here. Keep us posted on your journey.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreleileigh View Post
Hello everyone!

Hence, my return to Weight Watchers. I've done it before and it's worked well, but I've never stuck with it, of course. But now that I've done things that are a lot more restrictive, I think I can better appreciate what WW offers - which is flexibility. I really need that if I'm going to stick with something long term

Anyway, been lurking on your thread waiting to get started (I'm officially starting today) so figured I'd actually write a post and introduce myself.
Welcome! I love WW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
Weigh in was today and l lost 5 lbs! Feels good to stick to plan and actually see some results.

AWESOME!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

My WI was today 1.6 lbs! Yay! 33.6 total I'm thrilled!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylovesdarren View Post
Awesome!!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I look forward getting to know you all.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Yay Penny!!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

I really loved meeting with my PT, she is exactly the same height as me. We talked a lot about diet, since I have been so crazy about which one lifestyle to follow. I would describe her way of eating like...lower fat (she does eat lite butter, nuts, 2 % cheese, lite mayo, etc), lean meats, fruit, very little bread (nature's own sugar free when she indulges), lots of veggies. She says it is more whole/natural foods leaning toward low fat. Well, this pretty much looks like weight watchers to me. She says that she can maintain with 1200 calories, but if she wants to see weight loss, she has to keep it a bit lower. However, exercise does allow for additional calories, just don't go overboard. She says that for short people with a slow metabolism, we do need to watch calorie intake, and this is what I see repeated often in the main low carb lobby no matter which plan you are on. Granted there are a few that do not have to worry about caloric intake, but most say as you get closer to goal and add more carbs, then you have to adjust fat. Anyway, I have decided for at least this month (that is how long that is I'll be working with my pt), that I will do my best to follow her advise. I will no longer shun lower fat or fruit. (I really had a hard time with shunning fruit, because it is a whole/natural food). I am not a diabetic, so I am going to quit worrying about the sugar aspect of everything. I will stay away from processed food as much as possible, and I will be allowing things like oatmeal, grits, cereal,with milk, yogurt, etc. she says that she like to eat the Greek yogurt with blueberries and sprinkle with a bit of chopped pecans, doesn't that sound good? She wants me to track my food this week and also to let her know which foods that I will absolutely not eat and which ones that I can't live without- we will incorporate them into my caloric allowance. Now, once again tell me, doesn't this seem like weight watchers? . I told you all before, she thinks that WW is a good plan. I started the plan a little on Friday, but went full force yesterday, and I know that it is probably just water weight, but I was down about 2.5 pounds this morning already, very encouraging.
Well thanks to you all for letting me ramble and being patient with me as I find my way. Hope everyone has a good week.

Oh yeah, by the way, I will be meeting with pt on Monday for my workout routine, I will let you know how bad that will be kicking my butt.
I am excited, can you tell?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post

I did have to cut out wheat from my diet because it was upsetting my stomach(gas, bloat). I was just eating a few pieces of bread a day so it wasn't that hard to give up.

Camping this weekend and I have all my food planned out and ready to go. This will be a big test for me because normally camping = all day eating and snacking. I love roasting marshmallows but I don't really enjoy eating them so I will just feed them to someone else. We are camping at the coast so I will be doing a lot of walking on the beach and maybe a little hiking to earn a bunch of AP's.

Wow - great job. (if this is a double post - sorry - I was posting and something strange happened). Again ways - good luck with marshmellows - I love them. Not too high in points but you can't just eat one.

I too have problems with wheat - same effect.

Have fun.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylovesdarren View Post
Great job. Hey guys - we're really doing good. Isn't that cool that we found something that we can live with. So happy - yep - so happy.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I really loved meeting with my PT, she is exactly the same height as me. We talked a lot about diet, since I have been so crazy about which one lifestyle to follow. I would describe her way of eating like...lower fat (she does eat lite butter, nuts, 2 % cheese, lite mayo, etc), lean meats, fruit, very little bread (nature's own sugar free when she indulges), lots of veggies. She says it is more whole/natural foods leaning toward low fat. Well, this pretty much looks like weight watchers to me. She says that she can maintain with 1200 calories, but if she wants to see weight loss, she has to keep it a bit lower. However, exercise does allow for additional calories, just don't go overboard. She says that for short people with a slow metabolism, we do need to watch calorie intake, and this is what I see repeated often in the main low carb lobby no matter which plan you are on. Granted there are a few that do not have to worry about caloric intake, but most say as you get closer to goal and add more carbs, then you have to adjust fat. Anyway, I have decided for at least this month (that is how long that is I'll be working with my pt), that I will do my best to follow her advise. I will no longer shun lower fat or fruit. (I really had a hard time with shunning fruit, because it is a whole/natural food). I am not a diabetic, so I am going to quit worrying about the sugar aspect of everything. I will stay away from processed food as much as possible, and I will be allowing things like oatmeal, grits, cereal,with milk, yogurt, etc. she says that she like to eat the Greek yogurt with blueberries and sprinkle with a bit of chopped pecans, doesn't that sound good? She wants me to track my food this week and also to let her know which foods that I will absolutely not eat and which ones that I can't live without- we will incorporate them into my caloric allowance. Now, once again tell me, doesn't this seem like weight watchers? . I told you all before, she thinks that WW is a good plan. I started the plan a little on Friday, but went full force yesterday, and I know that it is probably just water weight, but I was down about 2.5 pounds this morning already, very encouraging.
Well thanks to you all for letting me ramble and being patient with me as I find my way. Hope everyone has a good week.

Oh yeah, by the way, I will be meeting with pt on Monday for my workout routine, I will let you know how bad that will be kicking my butt.
I am excited, can you tell?
Hey - I'm short too - I know exactly where she's going with it. Good luck tracking. I do it to keep me honest. I think it works best for me. Still trying to watch carbs since I know they trigger cravings for me.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Great job. Hey guys - we're really doing good. Isn't that cool that we found something that we can live with. So happy - yep - so happy.
Yes!!

Good job Rotay! And yes, it sounds like WW lol! -2.5 lbs KUTGW!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

I know tomorrow for WI I am going to up a pound or two. Even though I walked every day I ate too much. I used all my points and then a few more I didn't have. *oops* But I am ok. I will just have to get back on track tomorrow and start again.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
Ok, I think I am going to join you guys.

Rotay, I am the same, I keep waffling between WW and LC and am the same, when I am doing LC, I think I should do WW and vice versa. Ugh.

I think I need the tracking in WW though. I am short too. 5'1 and I think that I just eat too much on LC.

So I am going to start WW again tomorrow.
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Good attitude Liro.
Adiasmc- welcome, it is nice to have others of like mind.
Let's just track, eat healthy, exercise, and stay away fromas many processe foods as possible. We CAN do this.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #380
Junior LCF Member

It's nice to find other people who struggle with the same things as me. I am short, too. Maybe my problem on Atkins was eating too many calories. That seems like a distinct possibility. I also had problems with the fat. I'm not used to eating that much fat in my diet, and I really struggled with it.

My biggest problem is convenience. I am not much of a cook, and I also don't have time in the mornings to prepare healthy things to bring with me to work to eat. It is much easier for me to grab a bar or a shake or other things that are convenient. I would like to get away from this as much as possible, but it is tough. Guess I'll just have to keep working on it.

So far, I think the diet is going well for me. I'm still struggling since I'd like to keep it lower carb, and when I've done WW in the past that wasn't how I did it. So it's an adjustment. But I'm already loving the simplicity of it and I think I'll get into the groove soon enough.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

adias - I like your avatar.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

lorelei - I have joined the SFT on facebook, and someone on there posted an "egg in a cup" recipe that made me think of the muffin in a minute low carb thingy. It was basically sauteed veggies and/or meat, then egg whites stirred together and microwaved in a cup. Another person did hers in a bowl so that it would be flatter and then placed it on a sandwich thin. Maybe this would be a quickie meal for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: twinkerbell
Hi! Do you guys have room for 1 more? I had great success with LC once but could never stay on track once I fell off. Then I joined WW but never gave it 100%. I've done these plans halfheartedly several times. I am currently counting calories and watching portions. I'm down to 255.8 which is good... I've set a mini goal to hit 235 by Nov since my ultimate goal of 150 seems so faaaar away! So please can I hang out here? I'm excited to see how others are doing and I'll post menus and exercise! Thanks!
twinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Twinkerbell, of course we have room for you and many more. We look forward to learning about you and reading your post. It seems that we all pretty much have a common thread...we have at least tried LC, and many have tried WW as well, and we are all working toward weight and a healthier life style. I, myself would love to see menu/exercise ideas. So far today, coffee,creamer, banana, oatmeal. Exercise - group power at gym.
Have a great day all.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Hi all.

I did start yesterday and even though I was working out in the field and my partner wanted mexican for lunch, I did pretty good. I didn't eat breakfast because I was so busy so I used 21 points at lunch. I had:

Cheese enchilada - 6pts
Beans (about 1 cup) - 9 pts
Chips (6) - 2 pts
Salsa - 0 pts
Sour Cream (3 tbs) - 2pts
Guacamole (1/4 cup) - 2 pts

We were busy so we ate late, so I just had 3 oz chicken breast with some reduced fat cheese and hot sauce poured on top for 5 points at dinner. Then I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. So I did ok.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Ha ha, Rotay, my avatar is what I feel like everyday at work. Most time working law enforcement is crazy and it makes me wonder why I didn't become a florist or something nice like that
Old 07-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

This morning I took half a green pepper, cooked it until it was a little brown and tender in the fry pan with a little cooking spray, then I added liquid egg whites, about 2 eggs worth. Once the eggs were cooked, I added in 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar. When it was melted I put it on a plate and sprinkled 1 tablespoon of Frenchs Fried onions ( generic wal-mart brand) on top. It was really good.

cooking spray 0pt
green pepper 0 pt
egg whites 1 pt
cheese 1 pt
fried onions 1 pt

I had a cup of coffee with it. It was that new International Delight iced coffee. I had a coupon for a free carton. For 1 cup it is 5 points. That is very high IMO. I don't think I will be buying it after I am done with the carton.

For lunch I wasn't very hungry but was craving a mango low fat smoothie from Panera. So I had one for 6 points.

I did a little walking on the treadmill when I got home from work today, but not too much. Kind of tired and wow is it hard. I am used to just walking around the block, but am forcing myself to use the treadmill more. It is hard being forced to walk at a certain speed and at a slight elevation.

For workouts, I got from the library some DVDs. Have not tried them yet but am looking forward to it. I got Core Pilates Plus, Tai Chi for weight loss and TaeBo Abs.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiasmc1 View Post
Hi all.

Ha ha, Rotay, my avatar is what I feel like everyday at work. Most time working law enforcement is crazy and it makes me wonder why I didn't become a florist or something nice like that
Too funny, I am sure that I probably can't even imagine.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Today was ok, I went a little over points and didnt get to workout. I only got about 3 hours sleep last night and when that happens, I always have a hard time eating healthy, I just always want to eat junk.

B: coffee, with 3tbsp SF creamer (1 point)
L: 6 Turkey sausages with walden farms maple syurp (6 pts)
D: Small chef salad with blue cheese dressing (12 pts)
S: WW pretzel blast bar (2 pts), cherries (0 pts), nature valley granola bars (5 pts)
D: Skinny cow ice cream sandwich (4 pts)

So over by 4pts. Now I am going to bed so I don't eat anything else

Hope everyone had a good day today and has a great one tomorrow!
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome!

B: WW aloha bar 3pts, fage greek yogurt ff 2pts, blueberries& watermelon
L: turkey burger 5 pts, thomas light 3 pts, sf sweet pickles 0, baby bel light 1 pt, 2 apricots
S: fiber one brownie 2pts, baby bel light 1 pt
S: WW praline bar 2pts
D: veggie stirfry w/2 bacon 3pts, 2 eggs 4 pts, watermelon
D: hostess snowball 5pts
32 points total 0 left

Good OP day!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Rotay-That sounds like a good idea. Breakfast is definitely the hardest for me, and something that's quick and easy and low carb would be great! I will have to try something like that and see how it goes.

Only two more days until I weigh-in. I am hoping to be down, but I know I may not be since I've made the transition to eating more carbs than I was before. I think in the long run this will be better for me, though, because it will allow me to eat the way I want to for the rest of my life, even if it means I lose a little slower. I'm ok with that.

I love that some of you post your meals. That is also helpful to me to get good ideas.

Hope everyone is having a good week!