Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Hockeymom, welcome back. Hope you had a great vacation. It has been pretty quite here lately-guess people are either real busy or vacationing.
Since I am not really following WW anymore, I don't feel like I should be posting here, but I do try to keep up with you guys to see your progress. Who knows....I might be back one day.
I was hoping that whenever people were having a successful week, that they would share what they were eating/doing, so that others might benefit from their wisdom, also hoping that would get others to post more often, providing ways to connect. Maybe soon??
Anyway, glad that you are back. Good luck on Thursday, hoping that it will be better than you think.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Hockeymom, welcome back. Hope you had a great vacation. It has been pretty quite here lately-guess people are either real busy or vacationing.
Since I am not really following WW anymore, I don't feel like I should be posting here, but I do try to keep up with you guys to see your progress. Who knows....I might be back one day.
I was hoping that whenever people were having a successful week, that they would share what they were eating/doing, so that others might benefit from their wisdom, also hoping that would get others to post more often, providing ways to connect. Maybe soon??
Anyway, glad that you are back. Good luck on Thursday, hoping that it will be better than you think.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for the double post, thought that I had an error.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
Stats: 191 :( / 191/ 176
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
I don't know what I did special this week, but I am down 4 lbs since last Monday.

I too don't think I could do SFT. I overeat as well. That is why LC didn't work for me. I ate the LC stuff, but I ate too much of it and did not drop the weight. With WW while I can eat what I want, it forces me to limit it based upon the points I get.
Awesome Liro! Ditto on eating too much on LC. LOVED the food but didn't lose weight!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Great job Penny!

I wasn't very good this weekend. I ate all my weeklies and then some My weigh in is on Thursday morning, so hopefully it won't have affected me too much. I've learned my lesson though!

I have been really curious about SFT as well, I'll have to look more into it.
I had a bad weekend too. I was tired and lonely. My husband worked so I ate and read. I think I'm back where I was so I have another day to be OP so I show at least a little loss at my WI on Friday. Oh well struggle is part of what it takes to be successful and then continuing on.

B: WW Aloha bar & 1 baby bel light
S: WW berry bar
L: 2 chicken sausages (YUM) & blueberries, raspberries, and watermelon
S: WW 2 pt praline bar & WW ginger snap cookies
D: BBQ chicken breast & zucchini

I don't always eat so many WW treats but today was a rather harried day so I was on the run a lot and didn't want to end up at a fast food restaurant. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day but I plan on packing breakfast, lunch, and snacks to take with me. WI is Friday!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Penny, what is a baby bel lite?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Babybel cheese. You know those little cheese rounds in the wax. They have a lite version that is only 1 point.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, I didn't know...I'm not a cheese eater.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Ok guys, I'm shifting again......I can't help it, everything that i read leads me to low carb for health, so this is what I am going to attempt this week (since today is my weigh in day).. By the way, I was the same again, so didn't go for "official" weigh in. Had too many off plan meals.

I am going to lean toward all low carb, but track points along with carbs for a week. This might actually take more than a week for conclusive results, but this is where I am going to start. I say that I am doing a mixture of the plan, but really? When I think about points, for instance, when plainf creamer in my coffee...l/c says HWC, WW says ff1/2 and 1/2, now which one do you think that I am going to choose? Well i will choose the no points, of course. Problem is when you take out fat, you replace with sugar (we all know this). I am thinking that if I use the real things, then maybe I will have satisfaction??? Good grief, I just don't know. I do love the flexibility of WW, but not sure that I am handling very healthfully. Maybe I just take too many liberties? I know that I can lose the weight with WW, just don't know about the health issues. Oh well, he I go again. Sorry for the back and forth stuff, I know that I am driving my husband crazy, and probably you all too. Just wanted to confess what i am going through. Continued success to all.
Hi yall. Marking my spot. I am reading this thread. Bed time. My eyes want stay open. see yall tomorrow.....
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Rotay~ babybel lite cheese is super yummy! I eat them everyday
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
So I went on vacation with the best intentions but didn't stick to plan. When I got home I took a week to try and figure out which diet plan I wanted to follow, and as of today I'm committing the rest of the summer to Weight Watchers. For me it's the easiest and most forgiving plan. I've been looking up recipes and stocking up on fresh fruits and veggies.

I've also re-committed to getting in shape....I started the C25K this week and DH got our bikes out and cleaned up.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
So I went on vacation with the best intentions but didn't stick to plan. When I got home I took a week to try and figure out which diet plan I wanted to follow, and as of today I'm committing the rest of the summer to Weight Watchers. For me it's the easiest and most forgiving plan. I've been looking up recipes and stocking up on fresh fruits and veggies.

I've also re-committed to getting in shape....I started the C25K this week and DH got our bikes out and cleaned up.
welcome!!! I'm back from vacation too. I'm back on plan as of Thursday. I had a shock - I went to weigh-in and I was up 1.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Yikes - that's not good but it was expected after all my bad choices. It kicked me in the butt to go to Zumba on Thursday. Good day yesterday although I did eat a few of my weekly points - I planned it - I counted it - I allowed it and I'm good. This morning lots of cleaning and ... Zumba already this morning. Got up early and have a crazy busy day planned. Then, I'm going to the store and stocking up on fruit/vegs/good choices. HURRAY _ I'm back.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: murray6789
Hi Ladies,

I just started WW last week and I like it so far. I love the flexibility and options. I dine out with friends during the weekend, though, and am having trouble accounting for what I eat in social situations, especially when we are sharing. Do you just save your weekly points and activity points for those occasions and try to limit portions of dishes that you suspect to be point-heavy? That's what I did this weekend ... not sure it worked out.

If you have other approaches, I'd love to hear them. I just cannot see estimating the points in the recipes for the six (!!) amazing tapas I shared last night (duck queso fundido, hello deliciousness and 1,000,000 points!).

Ann Marie
murray6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I managed to get through the weekend without eating any of my weeklies. I earned some activity points and used them for some FF frozen yogurt Saturday and didn't feel guilty at all! Yesterday I even managed to fit in chili dogs and a roasted marshmallow into my points. I probably ate too many zero point fruits but it's better to reach for that than chips.

Today's menu:
B: egg beaters w/mushrooms and peppers on light bread toast and tsp of olive oil. Banana.

L: Turkey sandwich (w/light mayo, 2% cheese and lettuce), grapes, and carrots.

D: Grilled chicken breast, baked potato, green giant broc/cheese, cucumbers, and melon.

We will be camping at the coast this weekend so I have already started planning out my meals. I figured the best way to stay on plan is to actually have a plan. I know I will end up using my 49 weekly points, but I also plan on getting a bunch of activity points too.

My biggest problem is trying to get in some dairy. I don't like milk and only eat yogurt occasionally. I do really well with all my other healthy requirements but most days my dairy is zero.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I just started WW last week and I like it so far. I love the flexibility and options. I dine out with friends during the weekend, though, and am having trouble accounting for what I eat in social situations, especially when we are sharing. Do you just save your weekly points and activity points for those occasions and try to limit portions of dishes that you suspect to be point-heavy? That's what I did this weekend ... not sure it worked out.

If you have other approaches, I'd love to hear them. I just cannot see estimating the points in the recipes for the six (!!) amazing tapas I shared last night (duck queso fundido, hello deliciousness and 1,000,000 points!).

Ann Marie
Welcome Ann Marie..... You're doing it right - I save my weekly points for those occasions. If I know I'm going out to dinner I try to stay low pts for the rest of the day. I try to stay away from the bread but ....well....sometimes I do have a little piece. I also try to eat smaller portions and bring some home. It's all good - you'll find what works for you. Like this weekend I went to dinner and didn't have a glass of wine because I just didn't think it was point worthy.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

I weighed in this morning and really didn't think I would lose anything. Last week I took a day trip and really ate almost all my WP. LAst week I ate all my dailies, weeklies and activity points. I was surprised to see I was down 1 lb this morning. Since I started ww about 6-ish weeks ago I have lost a total of 10lbs so far.

Had my yearly physical today. Dr is pleased with my weight lose, but he is a little leery of ww. He claims fruit isn't "free" because of the sugar. And that he feels it under values carbs and over values fat. But he told me to stick with it, if it is working for me.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gibster
Hi, all. I've been super busy and I'm really trying to limit the time I spend on the computer, so some of my posting places will have to suffer. Sorry.

I'm officially down 10.2 lbs now. I'm pretty happy about that, even tho I think the WW scale is off somehow. I certainly wasn't going to argue.

I've been using my extra weekly points for any weekend activities. A friend of mine always invites everyone over on the weekends to sit out on the deck. I do bring some wine to drink, but I always bring something "legal" to eat, like veggies and dip. This has worked for me.

I do eat full-fat foods, but even with entering them into my WW tracker, I've very rarely had to use any of my extra points.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I weighed in this morning and really didn't think I would lose anything. Last week I took a day trip and really ate almost all my WP. LAst week I ate all my dailies, weeklies and activity points. I was surprised to see I was down 1 lb this morning. Since I started ww about 6-ish weeks ago I have lost a total of 10lbs so far.

Had my yearly physical today. Dr is pleased with my weight lose, but he is a little leery of ww. He claims fruit isn't "free" because of the sugar. And that he feels it under values carbs and over values fat. But he told me to stick with it, if it is working for me.
Congrats on the loss! I am trying not to use my 49 extra weekly except for special occasions or events but it's great to know you can still lose while eating every single point given to you. I'm trying to motivate myself into exercising by telling myself that if I want a treat(ice cream, ect), I have to earn the activity points first.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Hi, all. I've been super busy and I'm really trying to limit the time I spend on the computer, so some of my posting places will have to suffer. Sorry.

I'm officially down 10.2 lbs now. I'm pretty happy about that, even tho I think the WW scale is off somehow. I certainly wasn't going to argue.

I've been using my extra weekly points for any weekend activities. A friend of mine always invites everyone over on the weekends to sit out on the deck. I do bring some wine to drink, but I always bring something "legal" to eat, like veggies and dip. This has worked for me.

I do eat full-fat foods, but even with entering them into my WW tracker, I've very rarely had to use any of my extra points.
10.2 lbs is fantastic.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Cat,

This week I am trying not to eat them all and see if I still lose weight, and if so if the amount increases.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Hey Cat - I'm with you - I finally had to be honest with myself the other day --- those extra weekly points are nice but I feel better eating a snack/ice cream/etc if I earned the points. Makes me feel I deserve it. Let's stick with that plan...

I just went to Zumba. Boy I love it but boy am I wiped out - yikes - sweaty - yuck. Didn't feel like going but made myself - and I always feel great when I'm done. So glad I went. Lots of nice people there.

Had a good food day today - lots of fruit/veggies. Yesterday was good too so I'm going to be strong tomorrow... Weigh in is on Thursday morning. I'm sure hopeful that I lost my vacation pounds.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can't believe how many points I get charged for protein! Even lean protein! I was thinking that it was just a mindset switch from Atkins, but I kind of agree with your doc.

That said, I just started my second week and my pants are loose. I haven't been hungry and I am really enjoying the variety of fab summer fruit and veggies. So it's working, I'm satisfied, and I'm also going to stick with it.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

It is working for me too. And like you Murray, I can not believe the points for lean protein. I think I may be consuming too many carbs. I do think my body needs carbs, but I think I am doing too many bread carbs (carbs from wheat) and might decrease my wheat carb intake.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Update...well I haven't really been following either plan per say - one day lc, one day ww, one day whatever, so I have decided ENOUGH!!!. I am still exercising 3-4 times per week (definitely a positive thing), so I have decided to hook up with a personal trainer to kick my butt in gear. Actually, she was my daughter's cheerleading coach way back when - probably around 22 yrs ago. She is a testimony of being in shape and looking good. I actually saw her at my gym as an instructor about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago, she looked good then, but she has definitely dropped more weight and is ideal in her size. She is about my height, maybe a medium frame, which is very encouraging. She attributes her present success to upping her cardio and paying attention to her diet. We talked a bit about diet and she thinks that ww is a good plan, however, her philosophy is pretty much calories/in, calories out. I would like to get into this a bit deeper. I will meet with her on Friday, we will discuss a workout plan and diet. I am really looking forward to it.

On another note, it looks like everyone is doing well, keep up the good work.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 167/140
Hi Everyone! Do you mind if I jump in here? I started WW a few weeks ago, and I love it! Loss of over 11 lbs so far. This week I'm trying to limit my grains and dairy, but I still dont feel too restricted like I have on other plans.
Anyway, gotta run, but I look forward to reading all the WW posts and catching up when I get a little time
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

tttmom - welcome aboard. Looks like you are off to a great start. Come back when you get time, and keep us posted. We all love to read how each other is doing.

If anyone has any great receipes to share, that would be great.

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Not really a recipe, but I just made a great salad that tastes different from everything else I have been eating:

- couple of handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 cup of cooled quinoa
- some red onion, sliced thinly
- an ounce of gorgonzola
- dressed with a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar

The bonus is that the gorgonzola can live in the fridge and I won't gobble it all up, whereas I have learned that my beloved goat cheese should not come into the house because I will just eat the whole log in an instant.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray6789 View Post
Not really a recipe, but I just made a great salad that tastes different from everything else I have been eating:

- couple of handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 cup of cooled quinoa
- some red onion, sliced thinly
- an ounce of gorgonzola
- dressed with a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar

The bonus is that the gorgonzola can live in the fridge and I won't gobble it all up, whereas I have learned that my beloved goat cheese should not come into the house because I will just eat the whole log in an instant.
Oh -- I'm going to try this. I like arugula. but quinoa? not too sure. but I'm going to try this.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in today. Lost 4 lbs - but remember my gaim 1.6 lb gain from my 2 week vacation. Now I'm going on a cruise - so excited but so scared what will happen to my weight. So slow to goal.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Oh -- I'm going to try this. I like arugula. but quinoa? not too sure. but I'm going to try this.
There is something very yummy about quinoa. It has a good mouthfeel. I do prefer it cool rather than warm.

It fills me up and there's lots of good protein in it. Cook it, cool it, put it in a salad and dress it. Delish and flexible!

Congrats on your 4 lbs!