Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiRoGe88
Start Date: June 2012
Just weighed in and did not gain, nor did I lose this week. I am happy about this. This past week was an unusual one, and I ate out almost every day and did not get in my activity points. Today I am back on track.
LiRoGe88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Ok guys, what is happening here, this thread seems to be dying out. Ya gotta keep it going. Share more than weight loss. What are you eating, what new recipes have you tried? I tried the Buffalo Cracked Slaw this past weekend, yummy. I watch alot of the Atkins Diet Videos presented by Kent Altena - great recipes and demos.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I'll join your thread! I started on the PP plan last Friday and I'm looking to lose 20 lbs. My weigh in was 164 and I want to be around 145 or so. I'm afraid I probably ruined my metabolism by trying and failing at HHCG many times over the last couple of years. I do well on LC but have a hard time sticking to it because I want to be able to eat an ice cream cone with my family without gaining 5 lbs and having to get back into "ketosis". I like the freedom WW gives us with the extra weekly points but I do try to stick to whole foods and do not eat much processed stuff.

I leave on vacation to S. California on Friday and I am already planning my meals in order to stay on plan. I have looked up several items from fast food places and restaurants so that I have options if needed. I will be staying with my son so I will be making a grocery store trip as soon as I get there in order to have healthy options and it helps that my son and DIL will be more than happy to let me do most of the cooking.

When I get back from vacation, I will be starting the couch to 5K program and getting myself back into shape. That along with bike riding and hiking I should be earning quite a few AP's. I think summer is the perfect time to start because of how much more active I am and the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
hey - I'm here just super busy lately. I wondered where people have gone - maybe everyone is on vacation?

I have been eating a lot of veggies/fruit lately. I'm not sure what the scale will say tomorrow. Today for lunch I had a taco salad and a few chips - so...it wasn't bad on points but higher on carbs then I need the day before weigh-in.

I found something interesting the other day - I had saved some measurements from my old LC/Atkins days. I tracked my weight/measurements for 14 weeks and I'm at the same place now with WW - in 21 weeks. Now - that was fews ago and age/? into account - still seems WW is a slower process. BUT....this is so much better for me. I'm not as freaked out by carbs and it's just better for my life style. I know this is something I can easily do going forward - eat some carbs/some dessert/etc. and get back on track the next day. With LC/Atkins I found myself going into binges - so far that hasn't happened. I do watch my carbs since they cause cravings for sweets. But...this is a nice life.

Leaving on vacation starting Saturday for 2 weeks -- I think I'm able to do this. I will plan for a few extra points but hoping that I can manage.

Rotay - what is buffalo slaw? that sounds good.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Catr- looks like you have a plan and that spells success. Enjoy your vacation and come back with details. Post often!

Hockey - congrats on your measurements. It is great that you can have success and still eat without feeling deprived. Slower is ok and it is much better than being freaked out which causes stress, which causes way too many things. You are so right about being able to get right back onto program with ww, it does seem to take more to get back with lc.

Well I hope that your weigh in is success. Enjoy your vacation also. Going anywhere special? Bring us back details. Have fun!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Hockeymom - I feel the exact same way about LC vs WW. I know I could lose faster doing a strict low carb diet, but I don't think it's something I myself could sustain long term. I felt like I wanted to "cheat" a lot more, which led to me binging on any kind of carb I could find. I have learned a lot from low carbing though, and I'm able to incorporate certain aspects of that into WW.

I had my second weigh in today and lost 3 pounds! I know I won't be able to do that every week, but it was definitely nice to see that number today!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post

I had my second weigh in today and lost 3 pounds! I know I won't be able to do that every week, but it was definitely nice to see that number today!
Nice loss. My first weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping for a nice drop.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Thank you!! Good luck tomorrow!
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Hockeymom- buffalo crack slaw is a cabbage/ground beef thingy. You can find the recipe on you tube, Atkins diet videos. It was a hit at our house. My sister who is not really dieting ate 3 servings.
Good job on the loss, beachmom. And good luck tomorrow, cat.

B - coffee, hwc, egg,
Sn -blueberries
L-salad with grilled lemon peppered chicken, ranch
D- 2 pork cops, cole slaw
1 michelob ultra

How about you guys?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Weigh-in was today. I was down 1.6 lbs (that was for 2 weeks since I missed last week's weigh-in when I was out of town for work). So, I made my offical 25 lb - so I'm so happy. I got to my goal that I told WW originally but my goal weight is now 5 more lbs. So, I'm almost there. Those 5 lbs will be hard - I know it but I think I'll be ok.

Today;
B - coffee, ff creamer
L - roasted cauliflower and a chipotle lime chicken patty (that I bought from Trader Joe's in the freezer section) - it was 3 pts and 3 carbs.
D - whole wheat spaghetti (1 cup) and sauce (1/2 cup) - it was high in carbs (40) but only 7 pts. I don't eat pasta often and I really had a taste for it.
Sn - blueberries and FF whip cream.

Too too hot for zumba class today - it was canceled. I thought it was strange but the place is an old warehouse and there is no air conditioning - just lots of fans. So...it was 100 today -- that's hot in Ohio!!!

I have some points left for the day but I'm full - so I won't stress and try to eat when I'm not hungry. This weekend I have a few parties so I'm sure I'll make up for it..

Great news for everyone on their Weigh-in. Keep it up over the weekend and July 4th celebrations.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

hockeymom where in Ohio are you? By me it got up to 102!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Hockeymom - I feel the exact same way about LC vs WW. I know I could lose faster doing a strict low carb diet, but I don't think it's something I myself could sustain long term. I felt like I wanted to "cheat" a lot more, which led to me binging on any kind of carb I could find. I have learned a lot from low carbing though, and I'm able to incorporate certain aspects of that into WW.

Great loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Hockeymom- buffalo crack slaw is a cabbage/ground beef thingy. You can find the recipe on you tube, Atkins diet videos. It was a hit at our house. My sister who is not really dieting ate 3 servings.
Good job on the loss, beachmom. And good luck tomorrow, cat.

B - coffee, hwc, egg,
Sn -blueberries
L-salad with grilled lemon peppered chicken, ranch
D- 2 pork cops, cole slaw
1 michelob ultra

How about you guys?
YUMMY menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Weigh-in was today. I was down 1.6 lbs (that was for 2 weeks since I missed last week's weigh-in when I was out of town for work). So, I made my offical 25 lb - so I'm so happy. I got to my goal that I told WW originally but my goal weight is now 5 more lbs. So, I'm almost there. Those 5 lbs will be hard - I know it but I think I'll be ok.

Today;
B - coffee, ff creamer
L - roasted cauliflower and a chipotle lime chicken patty (that I bought from Trader Joe's in the freezer section) - it was 3 pts and 3 carbs.
D - whole wheat spaghetti (1 cup) and sauce (1/2 cup) - it was high in carbs (40) but only 7 pts. I don't eat pasta often and I really had a taste for it.
Sn - blueberries and FF whip cream.

Too too hot for zumba class today - it was canceled. I thought it was strange but the place is an old warehouse and there is no air conditioning - just lots of fans. So...it was 100 today -- that's hot in Ohio!!!

I have some points left for the day but I'm full - so I won't stress and try to eat when I'm not hungry. This weekend I have a few parties so I'm sure I'll make up for it..

Great news for everyone on their Weigh-in. Keep it up over the weekend and July 4th celebrations.
Great job Hockeymom!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Ohio - I'm in Sylvania (right outside of Toledo). But, my family lives on Kelley's Island -- so I'm heading there for the week. Sit at the beach, hang out, jet ski over to Put-n-Bay for the day. AH....the life. Of course, if it's this hot -- being outside is not fun. Last night I thought - I'll go outside and water my flowers, etc --- yikes, I was sweating from head to toe in about 5 minutes. But...as my name suggested - we went to the hockey rink and my husband/sons played -- so I watched in the freezing cold rink.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Great job Hockeymom. Congrats on goal.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Ok - I did something that nobody should do - no matter how skinny! I went shopping to Dillards - and the dressing room was one of those well light surround mirrors - yuck. Just when I was feeling pretty good with myself - that did it. It's a good thing really - I had been craving some chocolate - now I don't have to worry about that. At first I was sad - I thought look at that fat you still have to lose - then I thought well - it's best to face realty - keep at it and come back again and look in those unforgiving mirrors.....

Makes you wonder why stores have those things - no one looks good in those.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Ohio - I'm in Sylvania (right outside of Toledo). But, my family lives on Kelley's Island -- so I'm heading there for the week. Sit at the beach, hang out, jet ski over to Put-n-Bay for the day.

I know Sylvania. I have family up in Maumee.

I am just west of Cleveland along the lake.

Well the past few days I have not seen the scale change. But this morning it moved down by 2 lbs. Last night for dinner I had a large steak, and while I did have a few carbs in the day, not as many as I have been consuming. I also had more fruit yesterday. So I am thinking I need to gear towards a slightly more low carb diet and stick with meat, veggie and fruit.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

First weigh in was yesterday and down 2.2 lbs. I'm happy with that! Spent 16 hours driving yesterday and even though I had a foot long from Subway instead of the 6 inch, my eating was really good. While my son snacked on crackers and chips, I had grapes and carrots. I'm happy to report that I found some sunshine! After a very rainy June in Oregon I am excited to spend some time in the sun and on the beach in Sothern California.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Cat, That is a nice loss. Glad you are finding your sunshine. Wish that I could send you some of ours. In the triple digits here.
Liro- happy for your loss as well. Glad that you figured out your strategy.
Hockeymom, sorry for your shopping experience, you would think that they would put those mirrors in that make you look skinner. My mom has one, and my sister and I try to get her to give it to us.
I had my first subway in months on Friday, had the flatbread, thinking that would be safer (yeah, right), well that started the downward spiral for me. I have been out of control all weekend. I am up 3 pounds this morning and just disgusted with myself. It got so bad that I just quit even trying to track it. So, needless to say, today is my start over. I can do this, I just don't know what has been wrong with me lately.
At the gym yesterday, I did RIPPED, which is a high intensity workout, I guess that I was thinking that since I did that, it gave me free reign to eat whatever- stupid-I know better.
Anyway, thanks for the vent session, I will try to be more positive in the next post.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

For those of you that have been on WW for at least a few months. Have you noticed you tend to lose more weight if you stick to your exact daily points, or if you go over?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiRoGe88 View Post
For those of you that have been on WW for at least a few months. Have you noticed you tend to lose more weight if you stick to your exact daily points, or if you go over?
strange as it sounds - if I try to eat most of my points or a tad over I lose more weight than if I have days where I'm under my points. Seems strange to me. I try not to eat my weekly or activity points but on the weeks where I've ate more of them (about 1/2 of my 49 points) I have lost more weight. So, I guess I should have listened to our WW person in the beginning - maybe I'd be at goal. So, this week/next week since I'm on vacation I'm going to eat them and enjoy myself and see what happens. I will not (or try not) to go too crazy. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

So far (weigh in was Thursday) - I did ok until yesterday - we had 2 parties to go to and I ate my daily points and some of my weekly. I did go to Zumba class in the morning so I don't feel too bad.

Cat---great news on the weigh in.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dipsydoodle
Stats: 230/223/mini:200/perm:150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 2/2013
Hi all,

I'm a new member and am having a dilemma. I was excited to see this thread because I thought I could ask your advice. Do you guys do a combination of LCHF with WW? I have a friend who is being kind enough to offer me 3 months of WW, but I'm not sure what to think. I have tried LCHF, but there are some instances (when I'm staying at a friends house, or what not) where I simply have to eat some carbs because that's what they're serving. And in all honesty, I'm just not that strict with myself. I generally don't eat sandwiches or eat bready snacks, but I do like my sugar and that I think is my downfall.

So my question is: should I bother signing up with WW? I think the weekly meetings are what would help me, but what about the other stuff that comes along with it? What's your opinion?

Oh, I'm also afraid that I won't really know how to get "off" WW once I reach my goal. Does that make sense? :/

Last edited by dipsydoodle; 07-01-2012 at 08:33 PM..
dipsydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipsydoodle View Post
Hi all,

I'm a new member and am having a dilemma. I was excited to see this thread because I thought I could ask your advice. Do you guys do a combination of LCHF with WW? I have a friend who is being kind enough to offer me 3 months of WW, but I'm not sure what to think. I have tried LCHF, but there are some instances (when I'm staying at a friends house, or what not) where I simply have to eat some carbs because that's what they're serving. And in all honesty, I'm just not that strict with myself. I generally don't eat sandwiches or eat bready snacks, but I do like my sugar and that I think is my downfall.

So my question is: should I bother signing up with WW? I think the weekly meetings are what would help me, but what about the other stuff that comes along with it? What's your opinion?

Oh, I'm also afraid that I won't really know how to get "off" WW once I reach my goal. Does that make sense? :/
Hi there - welcome. I'll give you my opinion. I know that LC works - I did it but I just got lazy or life happened or something and I didn't stay with it. So, when WW was offered free at work and everyone joined in - I thought ok - I don't see how this will work but went for it. I've lost 25 lbs. I try to stay lower carb but there are days when I eat pasta/breads and I just track it. I think that WW is pretty easy but it takes some self control too. I like the meetings - it's not all about WW - and I find it pretty helpful.

I haven't reached goal yet - so getting off of it --- that's interesting - I think you will have to keep portion control/balalance forever -- just like LC. It's a way of life. I love it because I can have carbs if I want and lots of fruits/veggies. Some of my coworkers made it to goal (you then get more daily points) and they have found it easy and they don't even track anymore (you just get used to your limits).

Try it -- you might find you like it. I never thought I would....
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

I think you can LC with WW, but the HF is what will be hard as that will eat up a lot of your points. I do not eat carbs (bread/rice/pasta) with every meal, but I like having the option to. I also like being able to eat a lot more fruit.

Even though I am on ww, I still like my Atkin's products, like shakes and bars. Although Dr Atkin would not approve of what I have done with his shakes. LOL The other morning I had one of the coffee caramel shakes with a bagel thin. I needed to use up some points and wanted some protein, but wasn't in the mood for eggs.

This morning was my weigh-in and I am down 2lbs since last Monday. And I did learn today never weigh yourself when you are warm. Wait until you cooled down, to get your true weight. It is amazing how your weight can change in as little as 20 minutes just by having your body temp change.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gibster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipsydoodle View Post
Hi all,

I do LC at WW. It's very easy to do. The only time I go over my daily points is if I have something a bit more carby than normal. I find the accountability is what I need. I go to the meetings, but I don't buy any of their snack foods or other paraphenalia.

My second weigh-in brought me down 2.6 more lbs. == 7.2 total!
gibster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

I think if I would have counted points when I was a strict LC'er I might have succeeded more to be honest. I think I eat too many calories as a LC'er and that is why the weight didn't fall off me. Points help you stay in a reasonable calorie range.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Liro - I do believe that most people lose more and more consistently when eating all their dailies and at least some of the weeklies. If you are losing with the way that you are eating, by all means, just continue, if not, start examining intake, etc.

Dipsy - It is doable, I eat full fat ranch, mayo, lite butter, sometimes 1/2 & 1/2, sometimes HWC. I don't eat bread, potatoes, starchy veggies everyday. I eat 1 -2 fruit servings a day. You might also want to look into the Simply Filling Technique with WW. Agree with Hockeymom...pretty much any diet that is worth doing and healthy should pretty much become a way of life. Weight Watchers doesn't really forbid any food group, which makes it easier, but it will require discipline on your part, because it is not a free for all. I did make goal in the past, losing 40 pounds, but stopped following program and gained back about half over the next few years. So, you can't just lose it, stop it, go back to eating the way you did, and expect to remain the same.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Liro - I still eat/drink some of the Atkins products also. I really like the cafe mocha shake. And wow, that was really interesting about weighing in when cool, I did not know that - thanks.

Gibster - great weight loss so far, keep it up.

B - low carb tortilla, peanut butter, banana, coffee, creamer
l - probably chick fil a chargrilled chicken salad with ranch
d - probably ground beef patty w/veggies

What about you guys? Let's see what you all are eating - sometimes it gives others ideas. Thanks - have a great day.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was not a typical day for me, but I had

B: Bagel Thin with ww cream cheese, egg whites 6pts
L: VitaTop Chocolate Muffin 3pts
D: Pad Thai and 1 small Spring Roll (went out to dinner, but knew how many points I was going to spend before hand) 26 pts
Dessert: Watermelon 0 pts
Snack: 1 babybel lite 1pt

Total 36 points, and I get 35 a day, so I made my points and used one WP
Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Glad that the 4th is over. . Gotta get back on program- seriously! I have gotta quit using holidays, birthday celebrations, and weekends as an excuse to stray.
Hope everyone had a pleasant and safe holiday.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

So far today.....
B - coffee, h&h, Atkins cafe mocha
Sn - watermelon
L- leftover grilled shrimp, broccoli slaw stir fry
S - probably ground beef patty and either more stir fry or cole slaw made with the broccoli slaw. Love broccoli slaw, can you tell? It is so convenient. For cole slaw, just add mayo and dash of Splenda, can add sunflower seeds if desired. For stir fry, add a little oil in pan, shake out slaw from package, add a bit of onion, fry - yum.