Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I just want to know...

Those of you who are doing "low carb my way"... Could you give a litte insight as to your diet?

Thanks
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Hi rotay, I just cut out the white stuff, bread, Rice, Pasta, Flour, Sugar, But I am one that has to watch the calories too. So if I load up on Cheese, Cream, then I still don't lose. I am also insulin resistance & can gain five lbs in the blink of an eye.
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Thanks for responding. I obviously did not have many that did.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Post your question in the Main Lobby that should bring you more responses
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I just saw this thread. I mostly hang out on the other parts of the forum.

I do lc my way. I have my limits and I don't totally abstain for all high carb items, but they are limited.

Of course I am not trying to lose any weight, just maintain and stay healthy, so I probably eat more carbs than a lc dieting person would.

Mostly, I stay away from white stuff, like flour and rice and pasta, etc. If I eat pasta, I eat lower carb or dreamfields, but I'm not sure that dreamfields is great, just overpriced. The lower carb ones taste good and don't cost that much more than the regular pastas do.

For bread, I make lc options or else lc wraps or tortillas. I have yet to find a decent lc bread in the store, so I just make my own. There are lots of easy recipes on this site.

As for rice, if I have to have it, I eat brown rice and generally limit it to 1/2 cup for a serving and add in veggies.

I don't eat much meat and leaning towards not eating meat again, so I use meat substitutes and whole grains like bulgar and oats.

If I want corn, I limit it to half a cup and the same with beans or peas. I often use beans or peas along with vegetables for my protein.

I eat lots of veggies and drink homemade v-8 or tomato juice every day.

I eat some fruit, mostly berries or melon, but I do have other fruits, but limit them to 2 servings a day.

I eat nuts in moderation and I eat cheese & cottage cheese.
Peanut butter right off the spoon is great when you feel like you are starving. There are recipes for almond thins and other crackers on here, but I haven't made them. You can also find nut crackers that are low enough carb if you limit them.

I even eat pretzels at times since they are 1 carb each and don't make me crave the whole bag like chips would.

But you have to go by what makes you feel better and have more energy. If it's too difficult (and it is very difficult, trust me) to just give up everything, start weaning yourself.

For example, start trying the almond flour recipes and even if you only have them half the time, that is helping cut half your carbs. If you want to do Atkins and be in ketosis, that's another story. And almond flour makes more dense type breads and more artisan types, so you might have to get used to the texture of them, but the taste is okay.

Just cutting out the refined stuff and sugar will help tremendously. If you drink soda, cut it out (wean yourself) by substituting things like crystal light, flavored water, and other sugar free drinks.

Mostly you will have to play it by ear. Just start eliminating all the high carb stuff...if you can't bear to throw it out and don't have other family members that will gobble it up, then work on eating less of it until its all gone. Don't buy anymore.

I find that if I don't have it in the house, then I won't go out and get it.

I have learned to make pizza on flatbreads and now I actually prefer it.
I eat sandwiches on lettuce or wraps, the same with burgers.
I have learned to eat boca burger patties topped with mayo and mustard and a big salad and some green beans on the side and I like it that way.

If you like hot dogs, you can cut them up and put them with sauerkraut or just slice them down the middle and put in the mustard, relish, onions, etc. and eat them with a fork or use a wrap. You can also make your own wraps.

There are oopsie rolls that some people like for a bread/bun substitute.

These days there are some amazing cooks on this forum and while we all have different taste buds, most of the stuff is pretty darn good.

That's about all I can think of right now.
Good luck with your WOE.

Last edited by Nigel; 05-20-2012 at 01:09 AM..
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote