Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Dukan Dieters Aim for an Amazing April!

Here's this month's new Dukan thread. We came from here:

Dukan Diet Followers Melt Down in March

I'm staying at least 5 pounds below true weight and my goal for the month is to try to consistently stay below 150. Right now I'm bouncing between 151-148. Eating almonds instead of the whole wheat bread on stablization. Have been getting blueberries and cottage cheese most mornings in the cafeteria and then walking over to eat breakfast with my Mom at the nursing home. That way I get my walking in for the day and a healthy quick breakfast all at once.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu

Last edited by stilldews; 04-02-2012 at 12:35 AM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
You come up with the neatest thread titles!!!

Okay, I'm finally getting my but back in gear. Going to go with lcing right now and to help get focused and then back on Dukan. I've been eating so much crap lately, but right now I'm craving veggies. Four o'clock in the morning and I was craving a salad. lol. Tasted really good. That's a little after my normal "lunch" time, but it was what I wanted. My ds and I were discussing our lunches and decided that we're going to start making salads to take at night. No more candy or other desserts. The bread I can do without.

Hope and pray everyone is doing good!! Been praying for you Amber! Hope things are going better!!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Guess I should say that I've been staying between 197-200 pounds. At least I haven't put any back on!! lol
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sophy'sMum
Stats: 171.8/167.0/126.0
Start Date: 28/03/12
Really pissed off with myself. I ate a cookie today. Couldn't resist temptation.

Does this mean that I have to restart Attack again from the beginning? Dreading getting on the scales tomorrow.
Sophy'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
No don't start again! Just continue and MAKE WISE CHOICES!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks iam. I just crumbled at the hurdle. Still, better than smoking I guess xx
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Lenise! Be sure to include a big helping of protein with those salads.

Sophy's Mom, this plan is very forgiving. You never have to go back to attack. You might want to do 2 PP days in a row if you really get off track, but usually just drinking some extra water will wash any fluid gain from the sugar/carbs out of your system.

Saw 147 today for the first time in many, many years. Feels good.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, you are 20 under me now! WOW!!! I can remember last Auguse! Can you?

I think after everyone gets moved & the house is finished I can concentrate on me more! I have had the kids since Wed & they will be here through Easter so my eating & everything is off. I am on such a limited income & I won't ask my son for help so most of my grocerie $ are going to the kids. I'm eating a lot of kefir & protein shakes - kind of boaring & tasteless but it is OK. I can tell my weight isn't doing grest but not terrible. Scale is put up for a while as we have to keep moving it & digitals don't do well when you move them around. No home for it right now. I don't know when I have made so many pancakes, waffles & french toast. The kids don't like eggs & I don't serve cereal so it is usually one of the above with lots of fruit. They get raw vegies @ every meal like celery carrots cukes etc & they love broccoli & salads. It is just stuff I don't usually eat. When mom dad nove in she will be cooking for them & I can go back to doing my thing. Kristen is overweight & does this every year-me thinks from school lunches. % hope this week she will have dropped a few as we are NOT doing ay fast food pizzas & that kind of stuff. She often leaves food on her plte at dinner-lunch is her big meal! To me this is a good thing as she is not an overeater! She is 10 & her hormones are starting to change- I can tell. She has a 1/2 sister that was shapped like her @ 10 but when puberty hit thinned down tremendously. I hope this summer if I can get her & Larry up early enough we can continue our walks. I think today if it is cool enough % will put gas in the Van & wewill go walk the zoo early then go to CMOE (kids museum) that wil get more activity into our day.

How is your mom doing? & the house closing? I haven't forgotte.

Yes, Lensie glad to see you back!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Faithful, you're doing so well with all you have going on. Sounds like you have the kids eating about as healthy as it's possible with kids. I'm walking more right now with the weather being so nice and it does seem to make a difference.

My weight today was 147.8. Spend a couple 6 hours days at Mom's this last week and we are making progress. Also trying to eat breakfast with Mom every day and walking the dog over to visit her at least once a week. They have her lifting weights and walking a lot more than she was at home. Today she was down on another floor at the home hiding Easter Eggs for the other residents. They come up with fun ways to encourage activity and she seems to be having a good time.

Also still working a lot in my yard and already doing some planting. Plan to grow cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, sweet peppers, zucchini and a tomato. Love those vegetables!

Keep up the good work everyone and stay away from the Easter candy.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Made a differnt version onf the breakfast bowl this morning.

2 eggs
2-3 TB Greek yogurt
2 TB oat bran
2 TB mini turkey pepperonni
dash of hot wing salt

Mix it all together in a small bowl and microwave about 3 minutes or until set. You could also add cheese or anyother type of protein like bacon, sausage ect.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha I did something like this today. Had brown & serve sausage I cut up & put in it- added cheese on the top. 2 eggs were too much for me. I have to remember to only cook 1 as more than that upsets the tummy.

No kids today but lots of tileing going on. Today MUST be a PP day! I have had way too much homemade sourdough bread, pasta & potato salad while they were here! Not being weak or giving in, I just have to eat what I fix as I can't afford to cook both ways. Still between 167-8 so not doing too bad.

I need more hours at Woofer Watchers so I can make ends meet. Don't need an overlap just no gap!

I found a temp spot for my scale & it put my mind at ease about gaining a lot. I guess the kefir/protein meals are helping offset the carbs. Made spaghetti for them last nigt & sent the rest home with Jon or I would have eaten ALL of it-big weakness! Didn't need for himto eat it but he would have done fast food on the way home & that would have been worse.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianan
Stats: 220 pounds, goal 170.
WOE: I lost 10 pounds on the Dukan diet
'new here and am finding this whole site amazingly helpful and inspiring. Am going to try Kefir, (thank's FAithful) Wow, you have lost alot of weight. I'm 55 so it does get a bit harder at this age. I'll do the Dukan again soon.
I lost 10 pounds on it a few months ago, and kept it off by doing nothing.
Then life got crazy and I gave up on it, but still didn't gain it back.
Who's life isn't crrazy? \ I'll give it another go real soon.
dianan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Decided to buy the dukan cookbook. Wasn't really expecting a whole lot from it, but there are some recipes I want to try and some that gave me ideas for other things. I'll share some as I go along. Have only looked through about half the book.

Finally decided last night that enough is enough. It's been almost a year since I started Dukan and I lost 20 pounds in the first month. I want to get back on track and start losing again. Don't know how it's going to work this month cause money is a little tight this month. But I'm going to do it!! No more excuses.

I love that flat stomach feeling when you start back!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Yep Ladies! It is a terrific ride! Susan has lost a lot since she started last august!I am so proud of her! She is so inspiring! Myloss has been over many years, this is the first time I have been able to rapidly loose and NOT regain! Dukan is a way of life! Of course I had to modify for ny strange body but it is great!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianan
Stats: 220 pounds, goal 170.
WOE: I lost 10 pounds on the Dukan diet
The only problem is, protein is expensive !
dianan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Feeling good!!

Tues - 201.6 Yikes!!
Wed - 200.8
Thurs - 198.4!!!!

Made turkey kielbasa and eggs topped with salsa for dinner! Yumm!!! Think I'll take turkey pepperoni and some fat free sharp cheese for lunch tonight at work. Doing PP all weekend and then I'll be ready for those veggies on Monday!!

Protein can be a little expensive. But your appetite does diminish. And I eat more eggs than the two eggs daily that DD recommends. Just look for sales!!!

Hope and pray everyone is doing well!!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

On break at work now. Shoppers are nuts tonight!!! Ended up bringing my leftover turkey sausage, 2 slices of ff cheese, and my yogurt/oat bran mis. Nighty night!!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Did I chase everyone off??? lol 198.2 today.

DH made roast for dinner. So I'm eating that along with my ff cottage cheese. Need to go to Martins and get the Giant brand of ff cottage cheese. I've liked it the best so far.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Sad Day

This morning @ 2AM Darlene the lady I help @ Woofer Watchers had something happen. She is in ICU - brain dead. They are deciding when to take her off life support. They are looking into organ donations. I lost another friend this year & I don't have that many that I can afford to loose any more!

Take care of yourselves & PLEASE take the stress out of your life!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

oh my!! praying for her family!! {hugs}
Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

So sorry Faithful. Losing friends is hard. Will pray for her family too.

Tossed some beef stew meat in the slow cooker this morning along with a sliced parsnip, some diced green pepper and a can of roasted tomatoes. Was going to add some fresh green beans too but it was my little crock pot and not enough room, so I'll just microwave them and add them later.

Welcome Dianan. It's interesting that people seem to be able to keep the weight off with Dukan. I'm 63 and am at a lower weight now that I have been since my 30's.
I'm being very careful about not getting the sugar habit restarted and really limiting the grains. I was even able to resist the Easter basket of chocolate and other candies the nursing supervisor gave us at work. Came home and made a sugar free pumpkin pudding and that satisfied the urge for something sweet.

Keep at it Lenise, I know you can do it. I got the cookbook too but haven'r really had tome to look at it yet.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

196.6 today!!!! Yeah!! Five pounds in four days!! Great start. Tomorrow I will add veggies!!! Yumm!! So ready!! lol

Well, my ds doesn't think he is going to be able to get time off in May to go to Kansas City. Will have to check at work tonight to see if there is any time in June. Don't know when they start blocking days off that you can't take vacation.

Hope and pray everyone had a blessed Easter!!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

So proud of you ladies!

I wonder if my body is telling me the 164-168 bounce is my new normal. Don't care if it is-happy with a med top & 12 pants! Would just like to get rid of the bulge in the gut below the belly button. Not inhappy with being here- maybe a little envious of those of you who arestill dripping or have hit the 140-50s.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quick note! 196.4 today!!! And I start adding my veggies!!! Yahoo!!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Went to the beach house with the kids over Easter and completely fell off Dukan Too scared to step on scales now as I am pretty sure that I am back to square one. Dreading weekend as going back. I know that I need to have some resolution but it's hard when having to cook as normal for everyone else. Or am I just making excuses

I need to restart but do I need to re do Attack? Or do you only do Attack once per lifetime?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

You can do it!! I have!! There have been times I've gone back on doing several days of Attack, but it's not needed. You can just start back alternating. Somewhere in the book he talks about doing attack for a few days if you are in a stall -- and upping the exercising too. Ask yourself what you need mentally to do this!!

After doing so well this past week I ate all sorts of wrong things last night. Not going to worry about it though. Life happens. Today I'll do PP and then start alternating tomorrow. When I was writing down my food in my journal yesterday, I wrote this down afterwards: "It was so not worth eating this offplan food. It didn't even really taste very good -- except for the glass of regular milk and mini hot dog wraps. Stay on plan!!!" Need to have a reminder for myself.

Off to bed!! Have to work the next two nights and then I have Thursday night off.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Good morning! Just managed to get over to the new month. Over the weekend I hit 188.0 both Saturday & Sunday. Monday & today it's back to 189 but I know it's salt....too much Easter ham
I'm hoping tomorrow to see the lower number again but I'm not getting down --- but it's really on my mind.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
You can do it!! I have!! There have been times I've gone back on doing several days of Attack, but it's not needed. You can just start back alternating. Somewhere in the book he talks about doing attack for a few days if you are in a stall -- and upping the exercising too. Ask yourself what you need mentally to do this!!

After doing so well this past week I ate all sorts of wrong things last night. Not going to worry about it though. Life happens..... When I was writing down my food in my journal yesterday, I wrote this down afterwards: "It was so not worth eating this offplan food. It didn't even really taste very good -- except for the glass of regular milk and mini hot dog wraps. Stay on plan!!!" Need to have a reminder for myself.
Thanks - you are amazing I will just do a couple of days of Attack to get back on track.

Also, I noticed some posts about the expense of buying protein - I know that some people don't like to buy Halal meat but it is a lot cheaper than going to a normal market/butchers/supermarket. I buy my meat from a Halal butchers (but I'm Muslim so slightly different for me lol) and boneless, skinless chicken breast is £3 per kilo, compared to maybe £7 in the supermarket. As I said, I know some people don't like to buy Halal because of the "kill" method, but that too is perhaps overhyped by the media (the animal dies very quickly) - the only difference is that the animal is stunned (unconscious) before it's throat is slit compared with western ways of killing where the animal is electrocuted then the throat is slit. Oh and a prayer is said to help aid the animal's soul to ascend and bless the meat so that the people who eat it also get something good from it. The animal is not just sacrificing it's life for nothing.

Sorry I do tend to go on a bit xx
Old 04-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Faithful, I'm finding that the below bellly bulge just doesn't seem to be willing to go away at our age. My Mom is 118 pounds and still has the bulge too. I think you're wise to just concentrate on health and be happy with your new smaller sizes. Hope you are making it through this tough time with you friend. I saw your Facebook photo with the Tshirt and you looked glowingly healthy and happy.

I have never heard of a Halal butcher, but am sure we probably do have some here in Lincoln since we have a fairly large Muslim population. I eat a lot of eggs and Greek yogurt and find my overall food costs are not much different than when I was buying a lot of frozen dinners and other prepared foods. If I could afford it, I'd eat all grass fed meat, but it's beyond my budget most of the time.

Glad you other ones made it through Easter without too much damage. My biggest splurge was a container of fruit and cheese I picked up in the cafeteria. Had slices of red and green apples, 3 slices of orange and about a cup of grapes along with 3 oz of cheese. The grapes tasty heavenly. Still doing lots of work to clean out my Mom's house and I think the 6 hours of climbing up and downstairs yesterday burned off any extra carbs. Todays weight is 146.8. I'm finding it easy to stay with mostly Dukan allowed foods and haven't been having my weekly reward meal, but do have one planned for the 24th when all my brothers and sisters are going to be in town at once.

Stay strong and stick with the plan. It's amazing to me how my appetite has changed over the months and how much easier it has gotten to just say no to the sweets and grains.

Last edited by stilldews; 04-11-2012 at 05:54 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
187.0 this morning.... that puts me at 40lbs lost since 1/1/12. I LOVE THIS DIET! I am exercising more because I feel so great. I know too much salt today will put this number back up a few oz but I'm ok with that...I know it's going to keep going down.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote