Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
You're doing fantastic Paranoid! I think the exercise really makes a difference and it sure does get easier as the weight goes down.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidsoutherner View Post
187.0 this morning.... that puts me at 40lbs lost since 1/1/12. I LOVE THIS DIET! I am exercising more because I feel so great. I know too much salt today will put this number back up a few oz but I'm ok with that...I know it's going to keep going down.
WOW! 40 lbs in 3 months! What an accomplishment!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Checking in to mark my place... going to start with Attack again on Monday@!!!!!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

You found it! I just replied to March!

Happy attack! Keep us posted! Most of us weigh in on Wed. I do it on the Honey Badger challenge on Monday. Why not join the challenge-we are in the second quarter & would love to have some Dukaniestas there!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
This morning @ 2AM Darlene the lady I help @ Woofer Watchers had something happen. She is in ICU - brain dead. They are deciding when to take her off life support. They are looking into organ donations. I lost another friend this year & I don't have that many that I can afford to loose any more!

Take care of yourselves & PLEASE take the stress out of your life!
Sigh. That is such terrible news. I am sorry for your pain in losing your friend.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
You found it! I just replied to March!

Happy attack! Keep us posted! Most of us weigh in on Wed. I do it on the Honey Badger challenge on Monday. Why not join the challenge-we are in the second quarter & would love to have some Dukaniestas there!
Hi there, I have been offline a bit- ( too much to tell so I won't bore y'all) but starting again now- what is the Honey Badger Challenge???
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

PS- I was here, then got lost again! I have not mastered the flow of this board yet... thank you for checking back to march! I bookmarked it this time! See what happens when you get out of practice? LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, I will ask Amber to come here & post a link to both the 1st qtr & 2nd qtr so you can bookmark. Then you can visit.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
A new low today!!! 194.8!!!!

I have tonight and tomorrow off. So going to enjoy it!!! Nighty night!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi girls here is the honey badger challenge

Crazy Nasty Honey Badgers/ Second Quarter
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Amber! I pray you are feeling some better today! Kinda lousy for you that he restricted you for a few more weeks but you are not 19 any more & the longer we torment our bodies the longer they take to heal. I was virtually laid up for 5-6 years. I could not drive more than 20 miles witout getting so fatigued I had to be a couch potato for the next day. I did my daily house activities much like you are doing (didnt work) and had to do nothing at all every other day to pay for what I had done. It wasn't until March this past month I got my "Round-To-It" back. Won't be that long for you - just be patient. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Be good to yourself Amber. Glad you found us again Purrcysmom. Lenise, keep it up. You're sailing in the right direction and are going to get to that goal. Loved the email Faithful. I have been in all those places too it seems.

Yesterday I was 145 and today 146 after eating almost a whole 9 oz can of salted almonds and a pkg of jerky while I was cleaning out Mom's house yesterday. Lots of company coming this week and know we will be eating at least 2 big meals. Just going to enjoy it and then get serioius again.

Planting lots of vegetables and herbs in the garden so planning on lots of fresh salads over the summer.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Today I was 186.2. Tomorrow I'm doing my first 5k ever. This should be interesting!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, they left out

in Over My Head the place where you are tring to go upstream without a paddle.

Paranoid, I don't ever know if I could one of tose, but maybe I should make it a goal now that my house is about finished.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #45

Hey girls! Checking in on the Dukie divas! I keep asking if any of you go this new cookbook? I wonder if it is any good, I want to look at it at the store and decide.

paranoid- good for you, you are going to do awesome on the race, that is a huge accomplishment!!!!

Hi to all!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, I think a couple have the book. They will chime in when they get here.

My bath is almost complete! One of the top cabinets won't fit in my wall space (Well it will fit but look AWFUL!). So I am disappointed to say the lest. But it will give me another $150 I can put on a gift card for other thinkg I know Jon will need to get to finish his projects @ both houses becauseof the move. Don't have room fo a paper holder So I bought a free standing one & I liked it less! Gues we will just have to put it on the back of the tank & grab it each time-Ugh! But we can fit the wet wipesin a ddrawer in the vanity; that is a plus. I want to put up a double towel barr ut Jon is indecisive if he & Beck will even use their nice bath towels ur use the thin ones that willget washed every other day. With 6 showers a day they will need to be done that often This week for meit is little things for me to do like calk the tub & finish cleaning the tile. Then Thurs my new carpet goes in upstairs & my work is complete! Jon still has to put carpet & metal strips on the stairs & a threshold on door into the garage. We will be finished with the house & he can staer ton his wood projects for the kids & wifey for their rooms. He also has to build a work bench in the garage & a closet in there for clothes.

I will have trouble finding things to do once my yard is finished each week since I am not going to Woofer Watchers any more & it it too far to go into town often with gas prices & my budget. But at least grand kids will be here & I can stay busy with them. Will be a while before I can set up my exercise equipment in garage but should be able to do that by fall.

Today is a day of rest & reorganization of my house for next weeks invasion of the "working men". I will have 2 weeks to set up my house before kiddos come for a weekend. I have disposed of so many things to make room for them I don't have room for my books etc so I have to figure good storage for those things til the house is back to being mine again - which could be YEARS! Oh well! I am going to live here another 100 years & will have to revamp the house at least 4 times by then so I will have a lot of time to figure it out.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ladies!!!!
The race was tough - it was a trail run. I completed in 43.58 my hubby completed in 35.57 ..he's 20 yrs older than me but in much better shape! It was his first too.
Iamfaithful -- you should give it a try
Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoyalEric
I've got a few Dukan questions. Is it different in big ways from Atkins?
Can I drink Vodka? lol. And what about salmon? I like it but its fatty,
Does that matter? thnx
LoyalEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #49

Paranoid- that time is very respectable for your first run and especially with it being a trail run that is way harder than running on the street, congrats!!!! I know how it feels to run, last year I started I was still smoking at that time, and man I could not believe that I was running, you stick with it! It is so great to have a measure of success to watch now, do a road race and get a time for that, next year you will be shocked at how you have improved!! Congrats!!!!!!

IAM- wow full house is right, your days are going to be spent, doing laundry, cooking and cleaning with all those peeps, I have to check facebook for pics. I hate those freestanding TP I had one everyone was knocking it over and then my tile got cracked, not good, hope you can figure something out with that! I will check it.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I got the cookbook- I like it! However, I need to go back to PP days! I need strength!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abt5280
Stats: 223/223/135
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 3/19/2014
Hello folks, may I join you?

My name is Amanda, I'm 37 and have about 30-40 lbs to lose (currently I weigh 165). I was trying Atkins, however since I have a cholesterol issue I just think Atkins has too much saturated fats for me. So tomorrow, I enter attack. I've been reading the book, is 10 days too much?

Also, any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
abt5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap74 View Post
Hello folks, may I join you?

My name is Amanda, I'm 37 and have about 30-40 lbs to lose (currently I weigh 165). I was trying Atkins, however since I have a cholesterol issue I just think Atkins has too much saturated fats for me. So tomorrow, I enter attack. I've been reading the book, is 10 days too much?

Also, any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Amanda Thrilled to have you with us Amanda! Dukie a very kind way of eatig & as it is also low fat it is more friendly to cholesterol. You will eventually find you will be able to tweak it for your particular body.

Susan (Stilldews) has been on Dulie since August & has done extremely well. She knows the plan inside and out! One nice thing about Dukie is the dairy. Be sure you are using 2% or less. The yogurt should be greek plain. We often put sf jello in it for flavorl also some cocoa powder & sweetner makes a wonderful chocolate dessert when cilled for a while. Some of us use virgin coconut oil in our diets. I also use real butter & find that my HDL has gone from 49 to 75.

You will find what works for you AND IT WILL! However stay on the attack phase completely. 10 days is too much for you! If I remember right it is 1 days for every 10 you need o loose and NO more than 10. The book has the formula. Be sure to get your oat brand (lots of ways to get it in-you may want to read through pat threads-lots of ideas there) Ask away-someone here will help you! I am glad you are taking care of yourself & making wise choices! I don't believe in cheats- we choose what we eat - good or poor - and learn what Not to eat from our chouces.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Amanda!!
I've been on dukan since Jan 1st & I'm still shocked by results. I had tried Atkins many times but could never stick with it. This seems almost easy.
Good luck!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Good Morning Everyone! I am jumping back in this pool if it's OK with you. Last Sept I lost a fair amount of weight (for me anyway) on Dukan, and then I drove off on to another freeway (who knows why) and have been trying other things such as JUDDD. What I have found is that I did better lower fat and lower calories. That concept, of course, is like committing a crime on Atkins. I remember Dr. Oz commenting that this is a good diet to get on an even keel again, and naturally he is a proponent of ultimately ending up doing it "his way", but the comment at least was interesting. I think the reason I didn't have too much trouble on Attack is due to the yogurt. That made it really OK for me. Anyway, am back on starting Friday. Have to get rid of some stuff in the frig and go shopping. Longer post, but at least my motivation is here.

Here's to us!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Amanda, Paranoid, Suzie Ime for me to get on the stick! My house will be comolete tomorrow & I have not eaten well for almost 2 weeks. My gut feels it & so does the I am so swollen my socks feel like they are cutting into my legs just above the ankles. I need to set out a gallon of water to drink every day & dedicate myself to taking care of me! Friday will be a good to start. Suzie we can do this!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 04-25-2012 at 08:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

SuzeQ --- the yogurt & skim milk make it ok for m too! Good luck getting back on the program.

Iamfaithful --- I'm expecting to swell up by morning cause I ate a BIG pickle today & drank all the juice too knowing it wasn't on a be pretty tomorrow on the scale! Glad your house is about complete & you can focus. Don't need the swelling! I carry two 33oz bottles of water to work everyday but on weekends I notice I don't get enough. Last weekend I filled them & sat them on the bar so I'd drink it all & I did feel much better. First Mondy i remember not being up a few ounces from weekend.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
Start Date: 4-16-12
Hi! Helen here! So glad I found you guys! I started Dukan on April 16th...I lost 9 lbs on my attack phase of 7 days and just started pp/pv days...very happy so far. I am thrilled tonight because.... I entered a contest on the Dukan Diet facebook page, for a free autographed copy of the new cookbook from Dr. Dukan....and I won! IT's the little things that make me happy...made my night!...I never win anything....LOL!
I'm really excited to be here to share the journey. Here's hoping that everyone's scale goes down tomorrow (or when you weigh next)!
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

So excited you won the cookbook! It is good and I have an extra copy I ordered by mistake if anyone wants to buy it from me. Welcome everyone. The plan really does work much better than Atkins for most of us.

Eric, all types of fish are OK. Vodka no until on consolidation. Eggs only need to be limited if you have cholesterol problems. Lean pork and beef is Ok. Poultry should be skinless and dairy preferrabley non fat. I eat a lot of the nonfat Greek yogurt sweetened with Crystal Lite mix. CL is not really allowed, but I find it causes me no problems in limited amts. I think the lower fat is what results in lower calories and better results. I can eat a lot of full fat cheese on Atkins and it stalls me after a time. I went from 198 to 155 in 4 months and have been maintaining or nearly so at between 145 and 148 for a few months now. I like the consolidation and stablization phases on Dukan because they really spell out what you can eat to maintain. Please do get the book and read it for best results and check out Dukan facebook USA for many photos of men who have done well with the program.

Gingersnap, 10 days may be too long for you. Do the calculations online to find your true weight and how many days to do each phase. Sometimes doing too long an attack can end up backfiring because then it takes longer on Cruise to start losing well again. I only did 4 days and it was still very slow the first couple weeks on cruise. If that happens just keep going and things will speed up.

I was really off plan for 3 days while my family was here and we ate a lot of all the wrong things. I skipped weighing in on Wed, but was 147 today, so overall not much damage done. I had a nasty tummy ache after eating pizza and desserts. Wasn't worth it! Gave away a lot of my larger clothing to family that was visiting so no going back now.

Faithful, glad you're house is finally getting done. We got a lot of Mom's furniture hauled out and have most of the sorting done. Hopefully we can do more deep cleaning now and get it listed.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! All the new names & faces! I have trouble seeing everything on my tiny phone but will have access to a laptop next month! Happy about that! Feeling better about being able to concentrate on me after this weekend! I will really have to go back to eating the "samee ol things" cause all my $$ have to go to paying for my new house! I have 3 years to payoff $15,000! My $$ for groceries will be minimal but I CAN DO THIS! Been through leaner times! Thought about going to work a while but if I do I will loose lots of my financial help. My boss from Woofer Watchers passed & they don't need me any more! Sad but ok! Hugs everyone!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #60

WOW lots of new people here. Sounds like lots of motivation going on. IAM you have been working so hard its hard to imagine you are done and the kids moving in soon. One thing being on a budget is good for the diet, snack foods and junk are expensive I dont know how people afford it. Meat is expensive enough.

Well I dont really follow Dukie so much anymore but he has a sound plan, I think Stilldews and IAM can offer the most help!

Paranoid- you are doing great, I am glad you found my journal! As soon as I get over this surgery I will be running again!