Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
The Simple Diet

Anyone doing this? I know it's not lowcarb, but its easy, NO COOKING

The idea is that you eat 2 frozen meals and 3 shakes a day, as well as five servings of fruits and veggies and eight 8oz glasses of a calorie free drink (water, crystal light, diet soda....water is of course the recommended beverage).

The shakes are supposed to be 100-200 calories, 10-26 g protein, and less than 6 g fat.

Entrees are 140-300 calories, 10-25 g protein, and less than 9 grams fat.

You can also eat 1 protein bar during the day if needed. They are 100-200 calories and less than 5 grams of fat.

This is the easiest program I have ever done.

Anyone doing it?

Debbie
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I have never heard of it. Hows it working for ya?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is working great! It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm down 6 pounds as of today, so if that holds, that's not bad for 2 weeks.

I am suppose to be exercising at least 30 minutes a day, but have done none. If I can lose 12 pounds a month, that's 36 in 3 months, I'll take that. After I get the bulk of weight off I am going back to lowcarb, because I feel best eating clean.

Debbie
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: carmie
Thanks for creating this post! I heard a lot about it and just ordered the book. Keep us posted Debbie.

Carm
carmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Head View Post
It is working great! It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm down 6 pounds as of today, so if that holds, that's not bad for 2 weeks.

I am suppose to be exercising at least 30 minutes a day, but have done none. If I can lose 12 pounds a month, that's 36 in 3 months, I'll take that. After I get the bulk of weight off I am going back to lowcarb, because I feel best eating clean.

Debbie
sounds good. kutgw
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I quess I'm the only one doing this diet on LCF, but wanted to let you all know how it's going anyways.

Weigh-in was yesterday, I'm 13 pounds down in 5 weeks. This diet is effortless. I have eaten out twice, like yesterday I had lunch at Mimi's Cafe. I ordered the grilled chicken with veggies and fruit, full fat ranch on the side. The menu said 425 calories, so I was over by 125 on that meal. I dipped the folk in the dressing instead of pouring it one. I could have saved more calories if I had used lemon juice for the salad, but I wanted ranch, lol.

Now that I'm going into week 6, I have added a few things not on the list. Sprouts has these Breyers Sugarfree fruit bars for 25 calories, they will be good when it's hot outside. I was at Costco today and got those shrimp wonton and noodle soup bowls, 275 calories. I plan to have a large salad with one of those sometime for dinner. They are filling by themselves without a salad. But mostly I stick to the 2 frozen dinners, 3 shakes and 5 servings of fruit and veggies.

Debbie....
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No need to buy the book, in case you want to try it here it is in a nut shell

Ok here are the basics:

3 protein shakes, 2 frozen entrees, and 5 servings of fruit and veggies. this is minimum, do not skip a meal or shake

shakes 100-200 calories - at least 10 grams protein- no more than 6 grams fat

entrees 140-300 calories- at least 10 grams protein- no more than 9 grams fat

soups 100-200 calories- at least 10 grams protein- no more than 6 grams fat

protein bars-100-200 calories- at least 6 grams protein-no more than 5 grams of fat

Build up to burning 2,000 additional calories in physical activity, about 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes of walking 6 days a week. have 8 glasses of water. Do not add fat or sugar to any food. Diet soda is fine and so are all fake sugars. I cheat here a little, I add a measured Tbsp cream to my coffee and a sliver of butter to my veggies.

He says if having a tough day, plan to have 4-5 shakes and 3-4 entrees. He would rather you have another meal or shake then to go off plan. You can add any entree to a can of soup to bulk it up, you can have a shake with any meal if you like. Soup takes the place of one of the daily shakes. The bars can be up to 2 daily but only if you need them , and they Do not replace a meal or shake.

All fruit servings are 1 cup or medium in size except bananas and cherries, the banana is 1/2 and the cherries 1/2 cup only. All veggies are 1 cup servings, So and a day for me would be 2 cups of veggies with each meal and 1 cup of fruit with my breakfast shake, that's my 5 servings. Sometimes I want 2 fruits, so I will cut out 1 cup of veggies.

Soups from the book:

Healthy Choice- Bean and ham
Healthy Choice- Chicken tortilla
Healthy Choice- Italian style wedding
Healthy Choice- Split pea and ham
Healthy Choice- Steak and noodle
Healthy Choice- Vegetable beef
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Hi Debbie, I am doling the simple diet. I am on my second week and I have lost 5.4 pounds so far. I like this diet because it helps me with the portion control. I did loose 7 pounds last month on strictly low carb but I found myself struggling with portion control.....this is simple! I haven't even started with the exercise yet!

Carm
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Carm,

I hope you like it as much as I do. Tomorrow is weigh-in day and this week will be either 1 or 1 1/2 loss. I like to get 2 pounds off each week, but this week was hectic. I had to eat out 2 times this week. Was shopping the whole day so one day was a grilled chicken sand at Chic fila 290 calories or so they say. The other was Mimi's, my monthly luncheon with girlfriends. Soooooo losing anything is great for me.

Good luck and keep posting so we can share ideas.

Note: tried Jimmy Deans, french toast griddle today and it was very good, 240 calories.

Debbie
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Hope you did well on your weigh in Debbie

I weigh in on Mondays. I just found out that we can substitute greek yogurt for the shakes so long as it meets the nutritional guidelines of the shakes. The author posted that on his blog.

Found a great tilapia frozen dinner at trader joes (reduced guilt tilapia with butter beans and sautéed spinach) for 190 calories. Keep me posted ...you have me cheering you on ...and anyone who might like to join.

Carm
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
You girls are doing great. Please keep posting and giving tips.Where do u get the book? Do they have a diet group with this diet..
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Does the soups have to be healthy choice?
I use and like Progresso light soups 80cals for 1 serveing and can has 2. I eat whole can. I also loveLight.select harvest. those cans are 70 cals for 1 serving{Can is 2. and the other one is 50 cals.a serving which is better. the one thing i would have to give up eating along with soup is rice cakes..But i could do that.
alsoon shakes{Smooties? I like kerfir{Like a greek yogurt. and use 1 cup of frozen fruits. could I do that too?
How about salads?
I know to watch dressings and i do. only 2T.
I measure every thing and watch cals.
do u count cals too with this?/ I will start Monday if you will help me each day. where can i get book? Keep tips going to help me,ok? kind
Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kind!
You don't have to count calories persay..just keep within the guidelines of the program ..Debbie outline those in an earlier post.

You can get the book from amazon, I downloaded it to my kindle. I use the guidelines as outlined in the book with an eye of what I have learned here on this site. I will choose those prepared foods and vegetables that are lower in carbs. Yesterday I ate chili that I ordered from netrition topped with chopped tomatoes, onions, and little bit of avocado ...was soooooo filling!

You can substitute soup so long as they fall within the 100-200 cal, 10-20 grams of protein, and less than 6 grams of fat

You can make smoothies with yogurt and fruit (so long as the yogurt falls within the guidelines of the shake)

Dressing should be less than 15 calories per tablespoon (I use walden farms)

Did that help?
Carm
Old 04-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Carm, Thank you.
I will do with you both on Monday.
kind
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

From what I was picking up when reading about this diet was, it is a pretty clean diet. like lots of fruit and veggies. now on protein bars. dont they have alot of unwanted sugar??
Im going to try not to have protein bars,, i also wonder about the frozen dinners. they have lots of salt ect.But U could also say that with soups. Please keep me posted on what to do. I will do Monday with u both and hope others join. Do u have alot to loose?and what is the avg. lbs lost a week? Do u exerise too?
I nee help to get me going. I will read each day to see how u both are doing and just how.
kind
Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kind,
I avoid the bars. The book does recommend them if you get hungry so that you don't tempt yourself with something worse. A serving of veggie or fruit would be better in my opinion.

Do drink your water thru out the day to help w/the sodium. Calories would average around 1200 before adding your 5 servings of fruit and veggies.

I feel good about my progress...never bored, and never hungry. I should have started exercise but to tell you the truth I haven't because I am nursing some back pain...and I am still losing Two wks in and I have lost 5.4....I expect that may slow bit or maybe not when I start exercising.

Have fun with it Kind
Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Carmie and everyone,

I did lose only the 1 pound for the week for a total of 14 in 6 weeks. I am down another pound today since Thursday's weigh-in, so 15 gone . I for sure will make 2-3 pounds in my 7th week (cross fingers) nothing comes up to mess that up.

Carmie answered all your?, so nothing to add really. The doctor has a facebbook page where he answers questions, like the yogurt one. On the soups,Any brand you want is fine as long as it has 10 grams or higher of protein for the serving and no more than 200 calories. the soups ar basicly just replaceing a shake and I think he wants to make sure you get the right amount of protein in like you would if you drink a shake.

Carmie I miss Traders so bad, we don't have one here in Texas. We are suppose to getting 5 in Austin, but not anytime soon. The fish dish sounds delish.

NOTE[B]no one really needs to buy the book this diet is so easy to follow. I outlined all you need to know in this thread.

Good luck eveyone, Debbie

Last edited by Tater Head; 04-21-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi every one.
I wish also that they would have a trader joes.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Oh , I push wrong button.
1200 is good. I do that any way{when Im good. Here latley not so good.{Last 2 day been good.
From what I have read on net is that this is a clean eating diet{with healthy foods and low fat {But use good fats when needed.
Im not so good on drinking water. I do drink plain tea and just started drinking flavored water.
I stopped drinking diet pop.[and if I do it is only 1.
I used to drink 6-12 aday.
I do love to juice{Fresh}but have not for long while.
Red meats I dont have much.I mostly live on grilled chicken breast,Veggie bugars{Morning star{. I think also if you stay with lower cals fruit that will be great.{Like 2 cutiesare 80cals.
I think also next week I will make a big pot of cabage soup.
Looks like u both are doing very well.{Hope I do too.
How did u both find out about this diet?Would you girls like to start exericiering with me{ and we can report. at leastget something in.
Have a good weekend.
I can not wait to join you both. Keep posting.
do u girls put your weight down when u started? I was wondering if we{I should.
Janet
I have to try to find Dr. web site.
Also another great read is >Eat to live. It kinda sounds like this one.
I have so many diet books.
I also watch Biggest looers.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kind, there is no set calorie amount of 1200. It is low calorie naturally. The shakes and entrees you chose make up the calories, but there is no counting. Even if you choose both entrees at 300 each and all 3 shakes at 200 each, that is only 1200.

I found this diet looking for info on jenny Craig.

Good luck, Debbie
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Debbie.
janet[kind
Old 04-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Hi all! Weigh in today, down 3.4 pounds and that is with out exercising...I am happy with that! I started the month at 224 and I am 215.8 ..3 weeks in

There are ideas that you can easily adapt to this diet if you google hmr recipes and nutrisystem recipes....since they are recipes that use prepackage foods....think stuffed peppers, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed cabbage, chilli over salad (taco salad) , Shepard's pie (mashed cauliflower over meat and veggie entre) ...let your creativity run wild !

Carm
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

hi <how are things?Great tips.
I started today. hope I stay with it.
Keep posting with tips.
Janet
Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everybody,

Just checking in. Weigh-in was today and I'm down 16.5 in 7 weeks. Starting weight was 216- today 199.5. I need to lose 3.5 pounds this coming week to be down 20 in 2 months.

One thing I changed was only drinking EAS brand shakes, 100 calories and eating lower calorie dinners on occasion. But gosh having fruit like watermelon and grapefruit don't seem to bother me at all, who knew???

Congrats Carm,

Debbie
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Way to go Debbie! Those are great results. I will be happy to loose 10 pounds a month.

I opt for the 100 cal shakes too. Yestersday I had mini WW cheeseburger ..granted the serving is small but I sautéed some onions and mushrooms with some cooking spray and that added bulk to it.... And I made butternut squash fries to go with it ....I was perfectly happy. I find that I am eating more veggies on this plan. Keep me posted ...you can do it!

Carm
Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wannabethin57
WOE: low carb my way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Head View Post
No need to buy the book, in case you want to try it here it is in a nut shell

Ok here are the basics:

3 protein shakes, 2 frozen entrees, and 5 servings of fruit and veggies. this is minimum, do not skip a meal or shake

shakes 100-200 calories - at least 10 grams protein- no more than 6 grams fat

entrees 140-300 calories- at least 10 grams protein- no more than 9 grams fat

soups 100-200 calories- at least 10 grams protein- no more than 6 grams fat

protein bars-100-200 calories- at least 6 grams protein-no more than 5 grams of fat

Build up to burning 2,000 additional calories in physical activity, about 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes of walking 6 days a week. have 8 glasses of water. Do not add fat or sugar to any food. Diet soda is fine and so are all fake sugars. I cheat here a little, I add a measured Tbsp cream to my coffee and a sliver of butter to my veggies.

He says if having a tough day, plan to have 4-5 shakes and 3-4 entrees. He would rather you have another meal or shake then to go off plan. You can add any entree to a can of soup to bulk it up, you can have a shake with any meal if you like. Soup takes the place of one of the daily shakes. The bars can be up to 2 daily but only if you need them , and they Do not replace a meal or shake.

All fruit servings are 1 cup or medium in size except bananas and cherries, the banana is 1/2 and the cherries 1/2 cup only. All veggies are 1 cup servings, So and a day for me would be 2 cups of veggies with each meal and 1 cup of fruit with my breakfast shake, that's my 5 servings. Sometimes I want 2 fruits, so I will cut out 1 cup of veggies.

Soups from the book:

Healthy Choice- Bean and ham
Healthy Choice- Chicken tortilla
Healthy Choice- Italian style wedding
Healthy Choice- Split pea and ham
Healthy Choice- Steak and noodle
Healthy Choice- Vegetable beef
Thanks for sharing this! I have a question about the soup...is soup considered an entree meal? thx
wannabethin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabethin57 View Post
Thanks for sharing this! I have a question about the soup...is soup considered an entree meal? thx
The soup replaces 1 of the shakes. You can drink the shakes anytime of day, so with a meal is ok too. You can bulk up a entree by adding it to soup

Last edited by Tater Head; 04-28-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Weigh in day for me .....213.00 ...that means I lost 11 pounds in one month and that feels good ! I don't have to stress about portion control which is my biggest hurdle. My goal for end of May is 203.00

Had a michelina's pepper steak and rice that I found for a $1.00 at the dollar store and I stuffed that in a green pepper ....not bad at all!

Carm
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good for you Carm, kutgw

I am having a bad week, I'll be lucky to lose 1 pound this week. My weigh-in is Thursday. I was 198.5 yesterday, so i was thrilled, today 199.5 arrrrrr. I think I know why, 4 servings of fruit and a full cup of baby lima beans yesterday. Along with all other foods, probablly too many calories. being very strict today and tomorrow.

Debbie.....

Edit to add, did you thaw and then stuff the meal in the bell pepper and bake?

Last edited by Tater Head; 05-01-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Hi Debbie, just get back on track and you'll do fine. I can't wait to break the 200 mark. On the thawing question.....I fully nuked the frozen dinner...what I did was put the pepper in the oven first and once it was almost done, I stuffed the pepper with the rice pepper dinner and kept it in the oven for another 5 mins or so.

If you buy lean cuisine, you can visit their site and sign up for a rewards program.

Keep me posted

Carm