Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Dukan Diet Followers Melt Down in March

Here's the Dukan thread for March 2012. Sorry I couldn't come up with a better title, but we sure hope to melt a little more fat down this month. We came from here:

Dukan Divas Fight Fat in February

Paranoidsoutherner, I started Dukan mostly because of the dairy too. It has really helped me to me able to eat Greek yogurt. Be sure to get the plain kind and add your own flavorings. I use Wyler's unsweetened lemon aid mix or just cinnamon and Splenda.

I started Dukan the end of Aug at 198 and am now 152. Dr Dukan says 154 is my true weight. I still want to lose a little more, but have started the consolidation phase and am still losing about a pound a week. I really like the idea of having a plan to follow after reaching TW because I know how easy the pounds can sneak back on. I've posted a few recipes on the last few months of the Dukan threads and you can also find lots on the dukanitout recipe site. Let us know if you have any questions. I lost 40 pounds in the first 4 months and am 64. Younger ones tend to lose even faster.

Last edited by stilldews; 03-01-2012 at 12:32 AM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Thamk you! We have Wonder Woman (Amber) & I was thinking as the unsung leader of the Divas I thought you need an alter ego super heroine as well! Please pick one! WW could help you come up with one! Please think about it. You both are "Smokin' Hot" in your red dresses! You oth need alter egos & you know your "inner you"!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pepperette
Holy Moley, I gone and done it! I ordered the Dukan book, some oat bran ( I might like it as cold cereal with kefir ), and some more golden flax seed (I was out). We'll see where this train takes us. At least I'll have supplies to make OMMs or granola if all else fails!
pepperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Look back through the past few months. Susan has posted some terrific uses foroat brand & Amber posted a muffin recipe thatwas really good with or without the goji berries. Hmmm think I need to go make some with LOTS of cinnamon it them!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I got notice from Amazon that the book order was cancelled because of out of stock! So I gotta ask- where does the Doc stand on good fats? I read in the FYI Dukan post that there is low fat or no fat rules!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

YUMMY

Just took Ambur's muffins outof the oven! Didntput in goji berries but 2T of coconut powder & used thick kefir for yogurt! Can't wait to eat 1
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Me thinks he is no/low fat. Susan can correct me.I kept my dairy @ 2% limits. I went to thedukandiet dot info forall my info til the library got the book for me to read. IMO moderation in good fats is OK. It is NOT like the Atkins high fat thingy...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-01-2012 at 04:51 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I never did high fat- just switched to real butter, coconut oil, red palm oil once, and avocado oil for mayo, and I have a small jar of ghee for hot sauteing, etc.
I didn't drink milk regularly until you guys intro'd me to kefir. My downfall was always macaroni/pasta, cakes, cookie dough, bread (but always whole wheat! ).
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Stilldews--- it's great to hear how well it's working for you. I have the plain Greek yogurt nearly every morning with Splenda & cinnamon & oat bran stirred in -- i've decided it's the best thing ever! My true weight was also calculated at 154 and since I haven't seen that number in 18 years I figured it's as good a starting goal as any.

I'm going to start looking back through the post for recipes. I'm just so excited about the results & more so about finding others seeing that too.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Paranoid here are some recipes on a thread that Lenise started once upon a time....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for posting that link. Good to see you popping in Becky.

Dr Dukan does stress staying rather low fat, but I never thought I was eating too little fat during the first 2 phases. You can eat all the whole eggs you want as long as you don't have a major cholesterol problem. I often eat 2-3 a day. He allows all but the fattest cuts of beef and pork. I eat a lot of pork loin. He also allows 3 drops of olive oil daily, but I sure don't worry about a tsp or so. I also occasionally added some black olives and maybe a tsp of regular cheese to salads with no problems. I think the most important thing is to avoid all fruit, sugar and grains except for the oat bran. He does allow 1 Tb of wheat bran and 1 Tsp of flax seed daily as tolerated items if constipation is a problem. You can make a great breakfast cereal with the oatbran, flax seed and wheat bran. I never use the wheat bran because I think wheat is a trigger food for me.

Now that I'm on consolidation, I've added back 1 Tb daily of macadamian nut oil and 1-2 Tb coconut oil most days, but still avoid the full fat cheese, cream and butter. I figure as long as I have extra fat on my body, I only need enough healthy fat to help absorb the fat soluable vitamins and I've been told a tsp daily is enough to cover that. I do take 2000mg a day of Omega 3 in capsules, so even that would do it I think.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey there!! A quick note before I go to bed. Didn't end up starting yesterday after all. Going to do better today, though!! So tired right now. Need to go to bed!!

Have a fantastic Friday!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Becky glad to see you come out of the shadows! We miss your posts!

Did you know Amber is on her way right now for her TT?
EVERYONE please say :apreayer: for her today!

Amazing, any day you get started is a good one!

Big storms rolling in right now & again tonight. After the tornados on Leap Day I they aren't severe ANYWHERE!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Thank you Becky for the link. Looking forward to find new ideas.

I was reading back over old posts (December & forward). You all are such an inspiration.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

we are so glad to have you with usJ :wcome'

HI Becky! I see you lurking in the shadows!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-02-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Amber

Amber is out of surgery & on her way home or already there by now.

for the s
Old 03-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Yes it is nice to Becky out of lurking. She was nice enough to e-mail me a pdf of the Dukan book! Thanks again, Becky!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Becky you are the greatest! for sending the PDF to pepperette! !frriends:
Old 03-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Amber, sending positive thoughts your way. Just keep remembering it will get better soon and it's all going to be worth it! Stay doped up for a few days and eat healthy. Looking forward to seeing new after shots of the new gorgeous you.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Dukanitout has 3 new chicken recipes that all would be perfect for PP days. Check them out. Think I'll thaw some chicken breasts and try the mustard one. Nothing very interesting to eat in the house right now. I had Greek yogurt for breakfast and scrambled eggs for lunch. Trying to get some dishes done and bathroom clean, but not feeling very energetic. Hope eveyone is having a good day.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi!!! Going to go eat dinner here in a few minutes. Had my yogurt/oat bran/cinnamon/splenda mixture already. DH got roasted chicken and salad for tonight. Yummm!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monicaphil
Start Date: 1/12/14
Hello,
I haven't dieted in quite some time & I'm really ready to start back & lose this weight for good. I downloaded Dukan's book & I've read it, my oat bran arrived yesterday & I'm just waiting for DD to go back to school tomorrow so I can quit cooking for her & I'm going to start the diet on Monday. It's nice to know that I'll have a support group here when I start having questions. Monica
monicaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Monica. I've found I do so much better on Dukan than any other weight loss plans. The first few days may be a litttle rough until you get over the carb withdrawal, but from then on it just gets to be a natural way of eating. Be sure to check out the dukan USA facebook site. The monitors there are the same ones that do the coaching and are very helpful. If you check under photos on the left hand side of the wall page you will find lots of before and after photos and recipes. Hover your mouse over the photos of the recipes and the recipe shows up. Dr Dukan is also coming aout with an Americanized cook book very soon. You can preorder it on Amazon. I have his English cookbook, but don't find I use very many of the recipes sizes they aren't in our measurements. The Dukan it out lady also has a cookbook out that I have ordered. She uses small amounts of foods that aren't on the 100 legal food list, but they are in very small amounts and even Dr Dukan does that in some of his recipes.

Last edited by stilldews; 03-04-2012 at 06:08 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all! Monica the more themerrier!

My week of PP didn't jump start my bod the way it has in the past. Hmmmmmm! I Finally got my gazelle & inversion table set up & have had fun on them the past 2 days. It has been so cold & I have had so much inside work to do exercise & extra walking in the LOVG parking lots to the stores has been out.so maybe it will get me going again. I am not frustrated or worried about it! If I stay bouncint 164-7 for a while longer I have no complaints. I am not uncomfortable being here. DD says TW for me is 161 so where 147 is perfect BMI for me I will let my body decide when it gets there. One thing for SURE! I will never see 170+ AGAIN!

All my fat clothes, save one piece, are gone for good. I still have a few 14s to wear for dirty work in the yard etc

Have a great & productive week! Weigh in with Badgers tomorrow & here on Wed. Ya'll are terrific!

Please keep Amber in prayers. She is having lots of PAIN from Fri. I am hoping she will be somebetter today & her gut allowes her to "move" things. She is drinking plenty of kefir so hopefully she won't have a "going" & yeast problem.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

It funny Faithful, but I think our bodies know when they are at about the right weight and really slow down the weight loss. I've found that true since I've reached TW, but am still seeing a few pounds moving off. Only 4 in Jan and 3 in Feb, so not nearly what it was the first few months. I've found in the past that it's best to get as much off as you can the first 4-6 months because then your body starts fighting back harder. I'm like you and just going to let my body decide when it wants to lose more. Sticking with 6 PV and 1 PP day a week with an occasional fruit and a little extra fat.

Did enough cooking today for a couple weeks. Here's a recipe I found on face book and will probably eat over the zero cal noodles.

Joe's Special

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chp onions
2s clove garlic chopped
4 eggs
1 pkg frozen spinach
salt and pepper

Beat the eggs and set aside. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until crumbly. Add the onions and garlic and cook until just tender. Add the spinach and heat throughly. Add the beaten eggs and stir and cook until eggs are done. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Besides this, I tried dukanit out's recipes for Asian Sticky Chicken and Mustard Chicken, using a sack of frozen chicken tenders. I divided them up into 5 servings and added some broccoli to the Asian ones and green beans to the mustard ones. Will freeze 3 of the servings for next week. I didn't have an chili paste for the sticky chicken recipe, so added 1 tsp hot pepper flakes and a tsp of corn starch to thicken it instead.

The rest of my meals will be simple. Sweetened Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, oatbran and chia cereal and salads topped with tuna or salmon. I always go to the caferteria where I work at night and check out what they have. Usually just get the salad and topped it with my own tuna or salmon, but sometimes they have baked cod, turkey breast or baked chicken breast and then I eat that along with some steamed vegetables.
Also always take along some Greek yogurt or a couple WW string cheese sticks in case I want a snack. Fast and simple suits me fine. Skipping the reward meal this week and am seeing the scale going in the right direction.

Last edited by stilldews; 03-04-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

I do cooking on one day for the week too. But mine is simpler- I take ground turkey & patty on George, cook for 2 mins than stack in a glass conainer for the week. Ready for a hot or cold meal or snack any time. I am not much for recipies but love to read them & use them as a base for my pinch, dump & smidgen cooking.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monicaphil
Start Date: 1/12/14
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I opened my oat bran today & sent lots of carby snacks with my DD to share with her soroity sisters. I'm excited about starting tomorrow, only hard thing is going to be the exercising. Guess I can always walk my dogs if I don't make it to the gym.
monicaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Walking the dog is good for BOYH of you. Dukie says 25 minutes a day works, I think!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I'm so excited!! A new low of 195.8!!!! Yahoo!!! Now to just keep it off and lose a little more next week!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah!