Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
WOW! I'm thinking you might want to go back to some old threads & read through them but you have already started.

Susan is really goodwith that. I did lots of eggs, cottage cheese, ground turkey (use as patties for meatza or cold for snacks) greek yogurt (you can flavor with sf jello or crystallight packets-can also add cocoa powder & sweeetner, let set for a few hours for a chocolate delight) You will be on attack between 2-5 days so just set your mind that you can do anything for a few days. Drink plenty of water! Get your rest!

OK now it is time for more ideas for her from the rest to the Ducaniestas!

to a terrfic way of life!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Sophy'sMum, welcome! Read back through the other Dukan threads here for some good hints and recipes. I'd suggest staying with plain unflavored yogurt and not using the flavored even though the book says you can. Try adding a pkg of Crystal lite drink mix to it. Lemonaid is my favorite. You can also make sugarfree jello, let it set and then whip one cup of the jello with one cup of Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is my favorite of all the Dukan foods. Stay away from anything with added sugar, all grains except the oat bran and all fruit until you're at the phase you can add it back. Drink some salty broth if you get to feeling bad the first few days or use some lite salt for added potassium or take some magnesium tablets if you get legs cramps. You'll feel great after the first few days and see the pounds come off fast at first.

Welcome back Amber and paranoid!!

My weight today is 150.4, Was 149.6 yesterday but ate 2 pkg of turkey jerky so am sure I retained some water from that. Have been eating on the run a lot, but hold steady about 5 pounds below true weight, so happy with that.

Will write more later. Need to get out in the yard.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sophy'sMum
Stats: 171.8/167.0/126.0
Start Date: 28/03/12
Thank you for the replies, faithful and stilldews. I actually have only ever eaten Jelly once, as it used to be virtually impossible to buy Halal jelly in UK and I am not allowed to eat pork, so normal jelly was out. I soon discovered I haven't been missing anything spectacular!! I like yoghurt but only plain so I will be okay with that. I have eaten chicken legs which I poached in water with some mixed herbs, other than being very pale they were very tasty. Also had some boiled eggs. I have made turkey with soy sauce, a variety of spices and a drizzle of oyster sauce. I wasn't sure if the oyster sauce was allowed as there is no mention in the book of oyster sauce, although he does say teriyaki and soy are allowed, so I made a big assumption. Since the book doesn't mention how much milk is allowed, I'm still drinking vast quantities of tea, as well as the water - again I am making an assumption that this is okay.

I know I can do attack with no problem. I just gave up smoking 23 days ago after 25 years, so giving up carbs will be no problem!! I don't think carbs are as addictive as nicotine although I could be wrong..........
Sophy'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I am on day 70 of quitting a 27 year smoking habit so I know how you feel!!!! You are brave to be starting a diet that soon after quitting, I was eating everything I said better to eat than smoke so for a few weeks I ate, then I said OK I gotta get it together and got back in control, I am more pleased with giving up the smokes than losing the 150 pounds, it was harder!
We all make small assumptions with the diet, I think somewhere it said how much milk was allowed it was actually I think a total of dairy of 1 litre per day including milk, cheese, yogurt etc.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

If you kefir your milk it eats the lactose and changes it to lactic acid so it is very low carb! If an 8oz serving is 12g of sugar & you cn subtract 1 carb for each ounce giving you a net carbs of 4.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo Weighed myself this morning as Dukan says too, and lost 2.6lb. Probably water weight but even better results than with Atkins

I have some boiled eggs cooking now - thankfully, no cholesterol problems. Tried those seafood stick/surami things yesterday lest said, soonest mended.

Could you please explain what kefir is? There is no mention of in the books.

Right off to do my Rosemary Cardio and Ballet toning. Tracey almost killed me yesterday, so will rotate every 3 days for the toning and hopefully the ballet will help prevent another death in 2 days time
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

OMG I just made an Oat Bran pancake thing. If Pierre Dukan ever ate one in his life, I will eat my hat! It was not nice. I mixed an egg with Oat Bran, yogurt, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla essence. It's in the bin - any suggestions for eating the Oat Bran welcomed with open arms (or should I just have my taste buds removed?)
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #98

Blueberry muffins

Blueberry muffins are a classic family favourite. Perfect on Sunday mornings or with tea at any time, this recipe yields moist, flavourful muffins that are always quick to disappear. Ready in just 4 simple steps, these muffins will keep in the fridge for a few days, and freeze really well in an airtight sealed bag.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Refrigeration Time: 2 hrs.

Serves 6

Attack and/or Cruise phase

INGREDIENTS:

4 eggs
4 tablespoons of fat-free plain fromage frais
2 tablespoons of Splenda granulated sweetener
12 tablespoons of oat bran
2 teaspoons of Blueberry flavouring
1 teaspoon of baking powder

4 heaping tablespoons of goji berries (optional)

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 180 C. Separate eggs and set yolks aside. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Add the egg yolks, Splenda, fromage frais, oat bran, and blueberry flavouring. Bake for 30 minutes in paper muffin cups. Remove from oven, let cool, then chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving. Note that fat-free quark can be substituted for the fromage frais in this recipe.

For an added twist, add 4 heaping tablespoons of goji berries to a small bowl of water along with a few drops of blueberry flavouring. Let sit for about 30 minutes. The berries will have macerated and soaked up the flavouring, becoming plump and juicy. Add these to your mixture before baking for an added burst of flavour!

Note that cranberry flavouring can be used instead of blueberry flavouring in this recipe.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for that muffin recipe. I will look to see where sells flavourings - I assume I can't use Crusha milkshake mix I'm not sure what Goji berries are but will look for them in Morrisons
Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #100

Type in dukan recipes and you will find many muffin recipes using oatbran that are more yummy than the galette, I sort of liked the galette, LOL Gojis are dried up but they get moist in baked goods sort of a cross between a raisen and blueberry?? Very good!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Hon, in my signature there is a link (2nd one) to kefir. Kefir is a fermented milk that is extremely healthyfor your body. Some say it reminds them of buttermilk others fizzy milk with a punch. It is easy to make, can be made into smoothies, does well for most on Dukan and is AWESOME! Check out the thread & some of us can hook you up with a culture to make your own. Amber can tell you what it has done for her...

BTW I loved the gallettes but haven't made one for months! There are lots of ways to use oat brand but I really liked Amber's muffins with or without the goji berries!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-29-2012 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I like this pudding for breakfast with either lime or lemon juice.

2 eggs
2TB oat bran (or the amount for the phase you are in)
2-3 TB yogurt either plain or Greek
2 pkg. Splenda and 2 pkg. Stevia or sweetener of choice
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Whip all together with a fork in a cereal bowl. Microwave 4 minutes or until set looking.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
I like this pudding for breakfast with either lime or lemon juice.

2 eggs
2TB oat bran (or the amount for the phase you are in)
2-3 TB yogurt either plain or Greek
2 pkg. Splenda and 2 pkg. Stevia or sweetener of choice
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Whip all together with a fork in a cereal bowl. Microwave 4 minutes or until set looking.
WOW the pudding was delish. Had it for breakfast Will still have to experiment with other things, but that was nice. I tried yogurt with cinnamon then yogurt with strawberry flavouring - I think I will stick with plain yogurt which is yummy. Felt like throwing in the towel this morning. Feel completely de-energised, can't be bothered to do anything and can't even be bothered to exercise

EDIT I think the mistake I made when I tried Oat Bran was not putting any sweetener in. It definitely needs sweetener!

Last edited by Sophy'sMum; 03-30-2012 at 03:18 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there- happens in the beginning. Susan & Amber can tell you why I just kow it happens. Try some broth with a touch of salt. You are lacking something like sodium or magnesium. It will pass in a few days!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Good luck Sophy's mom! Somewhere on this or the February list was a recipe for making a cookie in the microwave with the oat bran. I've tried it a few times and it's not too bad

I pretty much have my two spoons of oat bran in plain Greek yogurt every morning with Splenda & cinnimon! Love it!

As of this morning which ends 13 weeks I have lost 35.8 lbs. woohoo love the Dukan diet!
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Weighed myself this morning. Am down to 167.0 so lost a touch over 4lb Feeling more motivated now that I can see that I have lost weight. Dukan says that I should lose 6lb in 6 days on the Attack stage.......not sure if I will achieve this. Should I stay on Attack until I lose the 6lb or move on to Cruise after the 6 days regardless?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Move on because your body needs the change. we ALL loose dfferently.

That is IMO
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #108

Sophy congrats, yes the kefir has been good for me!!

IAM- I wanted to tell you, I get stuff at this mediterrean market the guy is from Syria, well he now has Kefir Cheese, it is actually like sour cream, it comes from Greece so he made Tziki sauce with it, so we got some and it is so good, I really like the flavor better plain than regular sour cream and since it has the probiotics in I got some, he is curios about the kefir brewing, I told him I will bring him grains he drinks the pre made stuff with flavor, of course he is skinny so he can do that, my Mom has started drinking it too, she has been sick on and off with colds and stuff so she is now doing it too!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

KEFIR = GOOD HEALTH! Happy you can share the blessing!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Sophy'sMum it's sounds like you're doing great. Days 2-5 are the ones ehen most people feel the worst. It's takes awhile for your body to adjust from getting it's energy from carbs to getting it from protein and your own fat. As long as you don't give in to the urge to eat carbs you'll get to feeling better soon. I always notice some leg weakness when changing over to being a fat burner. The weight loss slows down when you start cruise and that is good because it gives your body time to recover from the rapid attack phase.

Paranoid, wonderful weight loss is such a short time!

I'll get an April thread started soon.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
I am at 189.0 this morning. I haven't seen 18-anything in years so excited!!!! Come on 170's
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

sounds good:
Join us on the April thread!
Keep up the terrific work!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #113

Happy Easter girls!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hey, is there an April thread yet?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

yes mam! Amazing April you can find it inside Other Plans! Hop on over!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
yes mam! Amazing April you can find it inside Other Plans! Hop on over!
Other plans? what is that??? LOL
normally they have a link here to the next month- not sure what other plans is?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Found it! I guess I was spoiled with the links from month to month- LOL! Than
s!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #118