Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
She checks mine often- have to get my last labs when I go for my thyroid ultrasound. Physical last week generated a "not so normal" EKG & some weird labs she repeated. Also she found a lump on the old thyroid. No worries it hasn't worked right since my first child was born - several lifetimes ago!

I had to put the chia up for a while. Weigt took a steady jump of 3lbs when I WAS ENJOYING THEM. Don't know what is going on & since it has been a week without a drop I stopped them & will see what happens. My body does strange things with any change other than one meal change.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
I stopped the chia last week too, but did have some tonight in my yogurt. I think the calories were just enough to push me up that 1 pound 2 weeks ago. So far this week the scale has been inching upwards again after that 4 pound srop last week. Not sure why. I did make the JOe's Special recipe and have been eating a lot of that. Maybe too many carbs in the onions? Funny how it doesn't take much to show up on the scale. I brought a small orange to work tonight. Haven't had any fruit in a couple weeks so just going to enjoy it. Hope all is OKK with your thyroid.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks! I don't sweat health things! If Jesus hasn't healed something in a 5 year period I just go get it fixed. Figure it is something He Wants me to experience.

Enjoy that orange! That is the beauty of being so close or below TW ~ we can eat "out of the box" from time to time & not feel guilty or panicked. I hope you remembered to drink plenty of fluids after the chia so they have something to absorbe.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I prolly eat a whole BIG onion every 2 days & it never affected me. Never considered them to have carbs-just never thought....

Looked it up! A whole onion of most any kind -weet, red, yellow is 5 carbs, one fiber, 4 net carbs

The site I was on said 1/2 onion a day increases HDL.... Hmmmm.... My cholesterol was up to 202 last with HDL @85 & LDL 121 ration 2 something... NP was disturbed at total & LDL because I take Crestor BUT it didn't bother me because my HDL was up from 51.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-10-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

The orange tasted wonderful. I ate it with a piece of string cheese. I did notice I was hungery again in less than 2 hours so am thinking it must have made my blood sugar go up and then drop fast. It's really rare for me to feel hungery at all.

Very good job getting your HDL up Faithful. Your ratio is really good too. Average is 4 and anything in the 2-3 range is great. Do you know your triglyceride level? Triglycerides divided by HDL should be below 2 idealy. I've heard that sometimes during the weight loss process when our bodies are burning our own fat, the trigs can be elevated. Am wondering how that will effect by ratios when I can blood work done in a couple weeks.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Thanks for the Vit d info. I've bern slacking on getting my daily. So I'm honing to make sure I take it.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Interesting about the vitamin D. I've been thinking about taking some just because of working night shift and I'm not in the sun very much. It will be better now since the time has changed and it will be lighter later in the evening.

Didn't do so well this past week. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I will get copies of my labs today when I go up for thyroid US.

Lensie, you are just getting back into taking csre of yourself. Every day you make better choices it will be easier!

BTW - Amber reports having a better few days. She is finally resting & stressing less. I guess she ha all she can do to report to us on her journal so you can check on her there. So proud of her!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Up to 197.6 this week. but TOM is due any day, so I'm not going to worry about it. Need to get back to my protein!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Up to 197.6 this week. but TOM is due any day, so I'm not going to worry about it. Need to get back to my protein!
good deal! No stress! I am Blessed to not have that problem any more! Feel for you ladies that do!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

150 today. I was afraid that 4 pounds down last week looked a little too good. Also having lots of stress right now. We had to admit my Mother to the senior mental health unit during the night a couple nights ago. She apparently has had a bladder infection for awhile and was forgetting to take her blood pressure pills and became very confused and delusional. Bladder infections often affect older people that way. She was wandering around outside trying to get into others people's cars and the police had to bring her home. Her blood pressure was very high when we got her to the hospital but is back under control now and she is started on antibiotics for the bladder infection. Still confused, but not like she was at first. She is 89 and has been living alone, but mentally has been going down very fast the last few months and my siblings and I all agree that it's time to get her into assisted living. She will not be happy with us but I really feel it is the only way she can remain safe. I spent over 18 hours at the hospital with her yesterday but did good with my eating. Unbreaded chicken wings in the middle of the night, scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast and roast beef and vegetables for lunch. We really need to get into Mom's house while she is in the hospital and get some major cleaning done, so just lots to deal with over the next few weeks.

Amber looks so good in her after photos, I know in a few weeks she will feel it's all been worth it. She really is a wonder woman.

Keep up the good work every one. We are all Wonder Women!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Susan_ I realize how stressful this is right now: don't worry about the # because you are OK & have a lot on your plate. Regardless of ow you eat right ow your body will want to hold on to every bitof food because of the flight or fight rule it has- so just eat the best you can and relax s much as possible. We will pray for you.

the next few days will be "different" for me ~ carpet install in 2 bedrooms, Beckys mom had heart attack & she will be gone overnight so I will be in a strange sleep environment which throwa my body in a tizzy. I will have to fill in & take care of kiddos while she is gone-then Fri they are coming for the weekend while jon is home - here working. They are staying here & the whole upstairs of the house almost is in the living room & kitchen/dining room area! Good thing it is warm outside- they can go out a lot. Eating will set me back some & my scale is buried inside a bunch of stuff. Will have to use my rings as a scaale.

Take cake & relax. Hugs!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

LOL, I'll take some cake alright! Thanks.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday Y'all!
Wednesday I hit 195.0. Then for some crazy reason decided that afternoon to eat one of those big dill pickles you can get in the bag. Big mistake because Thursday I was up 1.8 pounds. SALT overload is BAD!! The rest of that day was same foods as usual. So I did really good on Thursday and this morning it was 195.2 so I lost the water.
I'm leaving tomorrow for a week (work related) and I'm carrying my scales with me --- I cant not watch my daily number :-/ This is scary for me because I've been on diets before and when I travel I mess up. In the past I can't get back on track. This time I plan for that to be different. I don't plan to mess up much- I'm going to try to make smart choices and not go CRAZY!! then when I get home I'm going to start right back. This is working so well and I feel so great I can't stop now!
To help I'm taking my Greek yogurt and oat bran to start my days - thinking that will help me stay on track. Wish me luck
Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Yes you will do well because it is ALL about making smart choices! The BATTLEFIELD IS IN THE MIND & it moves to the plate! I am happy for you for what you have accomplished &the determination to make smart selections from what is available. Most restaurants now have low carb choices if you ask! Great going!

I am also to see you didn't panic with the water gain! It leaves but makes one feel awful when it is around.

I learned something to help keep blood sugar level - eating/drinking ferments during-after (not before) meals slows the digestion of carbs. There is a link on a recent post on our kefir thread (in my signature) if you want to go there. The article is lengthy and a lot to techy for my old brain, but I got the bottom line. So, a few pickles, kimche, yogurt, kraut, beets (not sweet), KEFIR & KOMBUCHA with & @ the end of meals helps so for me worth a try! Love my kefir & kombucha with meals! I am trying to lower my A1C. Have brought it from 6.3 to 6.0 but that still gives me a bad BS average for 3 mos even though FBS is now down close to 102. IR Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I am going to check my HA1C again soon too. I use the home testing kits. Think mine has gone from 6.3 to 5.7 since I've been on Dukan.

I like the idea of taking a scale along with you when you travel. Soemthing about seeing that number stay reasonably stable is sure reasurring.

My Mom is still in the hospital and I have been going up to visit her about 3 times a day, so eating a couple meals daily at the hospital. Have been able to find some type of plain meat and steamed vegetable for most meals, so staying about the same. I did buy a 6 pkg of Weight Watchers ice cream cones and have eaten one a day this week. They are only 90 calories and about 4" tall, so just tiny treats but at least have kept me from doing any stress eating. I just leave them at the hospital so no temptation at home. Mom is on an area very close to where I work, so I will go over after work and help her get dressed and make out her menu for her. She will remain in the hospital until a nursing home placement can be found for her. With her memory problems, she is just not safe at home anymore. Then we will have the stress of cleaning out her house and getting it sold. Just trying not to let the stress get to me and taking lots of long walks which helps.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I wish I could be thee to help you! Maybe you can take the stress out of the house thing by being thankful every time you deal with it. Thankful you are doing this NOW while mom is still here & you will not have to deal with it at a later time. Belssings come in strange forms at times. The family is going through all this now with gramma's house and it is NOT a pleasant experience for some of them.

Take care my friend!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-19-2012 at 03:54 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Faithful. I feel very thankful that my whole family is so supportive of one another and that Mom is just as cheerful and sweet as ever. We've known for a few years that the time was coming very soon when it would no longer be safe for Mom to live alone. She has almost no short term memory but otherwise is in fairly good health for someone who will be 90 in Nov. The only medication she is on is a blood pressure pill. Her weight is only 118 but that has been fairly stable over the years. I really appreciate how fortunate I have been to have had Mom for so many years and hope we have many more together.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeBloom
Stats: 189/189/133
WOE: Dukan/Meat & Egg/Low Carb
Start Date: 03/04/2014
Great info, thanks all!
DeeBloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Dee....as I read that is 50lbs lost! Great going & I like our 5# increment gals! Good planning! WTG!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

149.8 for me today, so I'm happy! Got Mom moved from the hsspital to a retirement home yesterday. Going to pack up some of her personal things and get them moved today, so running around like a crazy lady. Good think is my older sister Nancy arrived yesterday and is going to be able to help for a few days. Lots to do! I'm determined not to let the stress make me eat the wrong things and will just concentrate on staying healthy and keepiong the weight fairly steady. Getting blood work drawn this morning, so am fast now and will eat breakfast at the hospital afterwards before going over to Mom. I'm thinking of all you guys but may be a little short on the posting this week. Thanks for all you encouragement and support.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad you got mom moved. Maybe now you can relax a tad... I wish I could soose again like you are but it will come when it comes. I have been woking harder the past 5 4&( a I finally broke down to take a pain pill-not had one since March 8th. I was pulling up 2 layers of flooring in the bathroom & it was harder than mu muscles wanted. Done for the day!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

I've been back a couple days now. It was a good trip --- I ate all kinds of food and tried most days to be reasonable with it. I weighed every day - one day I was up 6 pounds OMG Mexican food & a big margarita wasn't a good idea. But next day I was only up 2.6 and as of today it's only 1.6. So a crazy fun week nd only 1.6 up after seemed ok to me. I'm hoping by mid-week I'll going lower than I've been yet. I worked out daily too plus all the added walking from room to convention center & stairs-stairs-stairs!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #85
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey kids, I am back at work, my first day it is a bummer, this was my last resort day so now if I want off it is without pay so best to get back, the surgery proved to be harder on me than I ever thought, the healing is slow, mentally I wasnt ready for the depression that set in, I feel like I lost a whole month!

IAM- I want to really thank you for praying for me and keeping my spirits up, if in my drug and depressive state I wanted to really thank you for your friendship as well it means alot to me and that kefir is keeping my gut healthy! I am still kefiring!

Lenise- you made it to onederland and so did I, finally, geez!!! We sure waited long enough didnt we? Hope you are well!!!

This swelling is a bugger they say weeks 3-4 is the worst I am a beach ball, my hips are 7" bigger! SO I should be well in the 180's by the time this fluid gets out of me, it is hard to overeat and trust me after all I have been through eating junk is far from my mind which is a good thing!!! So I am 1 pound away from Dukies true weight, he said I would be there in Dec, I prolonged the agony!!!! I am just eating healthy now and trying to heal, not really dieting the weight seems to be coming off, the only good thing about this surgery, healing burns calories, I am missing the exercise a lot!

I see lots of successful new peeps, congrats to you for losing so well!!!

Becky, Purcy,and everyone-hi hope you are all well!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Amber Take care of your self! You are such an inspiration to everyone!

Susan keep dancing! It will help with the stress of dealing with mom's things.

Dee, Paranoid, Lensie, Laura - Keep on making wise choices!

I am maintaining the 164-8 bounce and it is down from the 171 in Jan so if I doa pound a month this year I will hit 150s by year end. I can wait!!!!! Patienceis a virtue ...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #87

Went to the endo appt today she said losing weight is the best thing a person can do to ward off disease,she said my old labs look good but once i get back to normal eating/exercising I am having more hormone tests done,tyroid, and a cortisol study, etc she said if all that looks good,then I should be OK. She said the skin serves as a type of endocrine system and maybe getting that excess off will propel my weight loss when I get back to normal I hope so!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Amber! That is a lot to digest!

My weight has kind of settled in for a while. I am just pleased it isn't going Better weather ishere & when the house is finished I will find it difficult to stayindoors thi the humidity reaches 80% with high summer heat. Maybethen it will start to move a bit more.

I wuit feeding birds because I have so much to pay out on the remodel. They are actually coming to my front door, perching outside and making a racket! Some are actually hitting the door then perching on the rail & repeating. I don't think they understand - I feel kind of bad but seed runs me about 50$ a month & I just don't have the extra now. I hae fed them year round for 4 years. Oh well! I just thougt it interesting they were "knocking" at my door.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #89

All the birdies are coming after your chia seeds, LOL I know bird food can be expensive it is getting nicer thank goodness!!!We had nice days then it got really cold again!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sophy'sMum
Stats: 171.8/167.0/126.0
Start Date: 28/03/12
New to Dukan - starting today

Hi, I'm new to Dukan as a woe. I used to do Atkins, a couple of years back. Today is my first day. I'm also keeping a weightloss journal. Any hints or tips for me during my attack phase would be good
Sophy'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote