Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angie75
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart January 15, 2012
Ideal Protein Diet

Hey out there! I am an Atkins girl who has decided to take on the Ideal Protein Diet. I have tried to search for threads in here that mention it but it doesn't seem to exist. Anyone out there low carbing this way? I am on day two. Would love to hear about it!

Angie
Angie75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
I've done it Angie and I did great. I was very hungry for several days but then the mild ketosis kicks in. I need to re-start it. I'm going on a cruise in a couple months and need to re-lose some weight. Good luck!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hey Penny! That is great! Day three mega headache, which I never got on atkins, but pushing through it! I am the same we are going to Vegas in 3 weeks, which makes this run short, but then a couple weeks later we are going to the Dominican...but mostly, we are going to Britain and Europe in the summer, to see and meet relatives, and I need to get some pounds down!

Ok, so what were your favourite IP food, and which did you hate? I made the Butterscotch pudding last night and I couldn't eat it at all.. ew! lol
Old 02-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Angie! I didn't like any of the puddings, especially the banana, except the chocolate. I didn't like the omelette either, too airy. My favorites are the beef stew, all the soups, pina colada shakes, the soy crunchy things, the lemon bars, the bar that is supposed to be similar to a snickers, lol! Actually most of the food is fine except for the puddings. They are totally artificial gross tasting. I also like the cereal but boy is it a tiny portion. I ate some today but like I said "I'm trying to re-start" so I'm not a 100% yet. I add lots of extra water to the shakes to stretch them out. Let me know how you're doing. Maybe it'll inspire me! (I need lots of inspiration!)

I WWP+!!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Oh Phew!! that is good to hear that I am not just being picky! My rep told me not to bother with the omelette. I went to the movies tonight and brought the Dill pickle things.. they were a good substitute to be honest! I really likes the chocolate mix shake! Had that today, will need more of those ones! The potato puree is almost invisible in size lol but it was pretty good. So I started Wednesday and by Sat morning was down 5. I am not having as many vitamins as I should, and my water consumption is less.. shameful, that is what I am working on! I shall try the Pina Colada tomorrow for sure!!!
A you looking to just loose a few on this next start up?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

The dill pickle things must be kind of new. I bought so much stuff the first time around that's what I'm using now. I'm going to have to check out what new stuff my dr has once I use up some of the leftovers. I love dill pickles!

5 lbs!!! that's totally perfect! I buy great vitamins on HSN by Andrew Lessman. No fillers, no additives, ............all manufactured in a solar powered factory in Nevada. I've been using a variety for years and I'd never use anything else. My doctor always wants to sell me his but I think these are the best!

I need to lose 30 lbs. My picture is when I was 15 lbs from goal. I originally lost about 60 lbs then re-gained.

What is your goal?

I'm having coffee right now but have already prepared the pina colada shake for after my shower. I added a total of 24 oz of water to it. The soups I stick to the directions but the shakes I really water down since I'm not terribly hungry in the morning. Lunch is going to be tomato soup and maybe some sauteed spinach.

I really appreciate having someone to talk about this plan with. Last time it was just me but I was so determined it didn't matter. This time I'm struggling. I think though I just need to get a few good days under my belt and then I'll feel more encouraged.

I got a new treadmill which my husband hooked up for me yesterday. I love it! My old treadmill I had for over ten years and although it still worked fine I wanted one that I could plug my ipod into. I've used it twice so far! Exercising isn't usually hard for me to do it's the not eating that is!

Have a great day Angie! I'll check back later hopefully with news that I've stuck to the plan~!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I have a hard time eating breakfast ever! So I do the morning shake and that is about it, too. The chocolate shake mix is delicious! I liked the pina colada.. but it wasn't love. The dill pickle are new. Apparently they are a similar item to the cheesy salsa like ones? This morning was a vanilla shake.. and I just had a couple pickles for lunch. Not sure what dinner will be.
The treadmill sounds awesome! My person told me not to exercise.. said I will pass out if I exert myself.. I like getting on the treadmill.. so will probably just slow down how much I do on it.
I started it weighing about 215.2, and 6 days in, well, I weighed 206.8, but just before after drinking a bunch weighed 208.. so in there somewhere. I don't have a problem with not eating, I never did eat very much. I just am looking at my family thinking, hmm I want some of that! lol Even though if I didn't see them with it, I wouldn't think twice about it.
I do have a hard time with not drinking soda.. I don't drink coffee or tea, but do love diet coke.. so I don't have much, but it is my caffeine kick in the day.
I can't believe that there aren't more people on the plan in a location all about low carbs. It is low carb to the extreme! lol So mid 6th day, and still on, not so good about the vitamins, sounds like you have that part all good!!
-30 pounds is awesome! So, when you did the 60 loss, did you do it with Ideal Protein? Is it easy to gain back the weight right off?

I hope Monday is going smoothly for you! It is a holiday monday here.. I think it is easier to be on plan when at work!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Angie! Yes I did it with IP and the weight stayed off very good. I have been struggling with hormonal issues and then eating whatever so it has come back. At first when I started eating whatever I wanted my weight didn't change. It's a great plan but this time I am so lousy at sticking to it. I was walking like crazy when I was doing IP the first time but sometimes I was super hungry so I would eat something extra like ground turkey or a lowfat cheese stick or bleu cheese dressing. It sounds weird but I was obsessed with the dressing! lol!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Ha, my husband and mother were just telling me I am obsessed with dips and dressing. I never have a lot, or much at all, just need them! So you ate those and still lost.. that is good. I have been following it really carefully, and oddly my weight went back up... and now is slowly coming down again. Frustrating to go down to a number over a few days, then the next day shoot right back up 5+ pounds. I have been in Ketosis the whole time too. I think I should add in the walking.. I usually get in to a series of tv shows and put them on in front of the treadmill and go for 1-2 episodes. On season 3 of Buffy the vampire slayer.. a few seasons left! lol Have a few other series waiting in the wings. I enjoy watching them, but only allow myself them when I am on the treadmill.

So are you having a hard time now?