Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jrney2
The Sugar Blockers Diet

Has anyone tried the Sugar Blockers Diet by Dr. Rob Thompson, MD?
jrney2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Wow, I thought I had all of Dr. Rob's books. Now I'll have to google the Sugar Blocker. Are you sure that's the right title? I have all his books. I'm following his plan and loving it! Slowly losing weight, normalizing my blood sugars and feeling great!
putthekettleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Wow, that is another book by Dr.Rob. I googled it and found it. Now I'm really confused, since it's not even listed on amazon. I'm wondering if it's the same as the Diabetes Solution, but that book mentions 6 steps to lowering blood sugar and this one mentions 7. I notice its put out by Rodale Press who also printed up a hard copy of his paperback Glycemic Load Diet. Only their version is updated with recipes by Dana Carpender.

I got Dr. Rob's email address off his website and emailed him, asking the differences between the books. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

jr, I just wanted to thank you for posting about that book. I probably would never had heard of it if you hadn't posted. I buy all my books from amazon, they don't carry it, and they probably won't for quite a while, since Rodale books are independent publishers and like to sell off their own website.

I googled the book and found a lot of information. If you go into the Rodale bookstore, they let you click on links and read excerpts. These newer books give even more information about the glycemic load of food, and that is just what I want. There was also a Sugar Blockers cookbook and also a journal. I bought all three! Now I just have to tell my husband he bought me a Valentine's Day gift! A very expensive Valentine's Day gift. You certainly don't get the low prices from Rodale Press that you get from amazon!

I'm a sucker for Dr. Rob's books and I think he is leaning toward sticking with Rodale press now. Whatever. I saw them, and I had to buy them!

Thanks!