Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Funny, I just ordered some Pu-erh tea last week. Heard about it on Dr Oz.

Good luck Amber. So excited for you.

I made a good meal today. Used 3 portabella mushroom caps and topped them with chopped up turkey sausage and low fat mozzella cheese and a little tumeric. Just cooked them a couple minutes in the microwave. Very tasty.

Faithful, I have been up just a little this week too. Think both of us are just retaining a little water. Hope mine will be gone by WEd.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Pu-erh tea I got some last night in the bottles and some hot tea bags, so I guess it is a good thing so I will down it!

Lenise- WTG hun!!!!

OK 3 more days!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Good morning!! Getting ready to go to bed here. Had to check my bank balance though cause I'm going to go shopping later. Have a great day!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I have a NP ppointment on Tues so I will stop somewhere & get some pur- ?? Tea & try it. If I don't like it I will send it you, Pepperette.

Picking chia seeds out of my teeth! I think the white ones would be more appetizing to look at in food but the cost isn't worth the eye appeal! I just convince myself it is tasteless pepper! Sprinkled a T in my scrambled eggs this morning & mixed some in my kefir yday. Then drank a quart of water during the next hour so they could soak up something! I could picture them making this huge gel ball in my stomach and not continuing down the digestive track! they along with oat brand sure keep me moving along.

I understand if taken with each meal the chia seed changes they glycemic value of the meal by slowing down absorption & keeping BS @ a better level avoiding spikes.

Ran plumb out of strength yday so decided to go back to normal eating. We will see if 5 days of 99% PP did anything for me. I feel a metabolism change & now have room downstairs to temp set up treadmill & gazelle so that is my project today.

I need toget some real exercise in. It is difficult with gas prices up I don't drive to town to walk the stores & the weather still being too cold, even though it has been around 50 during the day, for me to be outside much so it will be nice to use my muscles for something other than renovation. (I am down to just little things this week like changing door hinges) Next big project is wallpaper removal & tearing up floor in bathroom & floor by front door.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-28-2012 at 07:01 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pepperette
Well just remember I don't do tea bag tea! I read somewhere that tea for tea bags is ground up from what is picked up off the floor of the fermenting houses (yes, some teas are fermented!- who knew ).
pepperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

OK- I knew some teas are fermented but I didn't know about the floor thing. Don't know how I would handle leaves. Hard to find here...have to go to IN to get that.

I do have some red Jamacin Flowers though! OOPS! Frgot to mail some to Amber! Better get them in the mail tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

I had been using a 3" tea ball, but as it aged the locking mechanism got loose, and one day I had to strain the tea 'cause the dang thing popped open as I was taking it out of the water. Now I use muslin bags for tea brewing- works really well. Water goes through the bag, becomes tea, and remove bag!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #158

I do have a tea ball I got the tea bags, oh no now another issue to worry about floor tea leaves!!! LOL That tea is nasty in the bottle!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

I heard the pu-?? Tea was bad. is that why it is PU-?Does it out rank Kombucha?

I just put 4T chia seeds in a mason jar of chicken bone broth I made last time. Forgot it was in back of fridge. Last time I put some in broth & let it gel overnight it was like having broth with noodles or maybe rice in it. Will be good for brunch when I get home tomorrow.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-28-2012 at 07:51 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

I used to love to get tea leaves in a little shop in St. Charles MO. They had just about any flavor you could imagine. But I hated the tea leaves sneaking out of the ball into my drink!!! lol. But I found the orange plastic tea balls -- well, actually it looks more like a spoon -- worked well. Still have a few of them here somewhere!!

Got my DD book out and was rereading last night. Starting five days of PP. Get myself focused and motivated. Did well the past two days doing lc, but then last night I ate some sweets. Gotta stay away from those things!! Got my food journal out from last year so I can look over it too and see what I was eating.

Have a great day!! I'm going to get some sleep cause I have to work tonight.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Weight today is 152.2. Up 1.2 from last Wed. Trying not to be upset since I know how easy it is to gain a couple pounds of water, but I'll have to say I'm not happy. I did have a reward meal last Wed and topped it off with a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. It was only 140 calories, but the first real sugar I've eaten in 6 months. I've also been eating a couple TB of coconut oil most days and that may have pushed me over my calorie limit which I'm afraid is around 1000 calories a day. Since I'm still below TW, I'm not going to change much this week other than no reward meal.

Lenise, have you tried finding something sweet you like made with Stevia or Splenda? I have a real sweet tooth and even though I'd like to not use too much AS, it really does help me to stay away from the real sweets if I eat something a little sweet each day. I really like plain Greek Yogurt mix with Wyler's or Crystal lite drink mix. I mix 1 pkg to 1 cup. Also like the sugar free jello made up as directed and then whipped into the Greek yogurt. The unsweetened dark sugarfree baking chocolate melted with a little coconut oil and Greek yogurt, then sweetened with Splenda and stevia and with a little peppermeint extract is great once it has been chilled is very satisfing in small amts. I also like the unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with ricotta cheese and sweetener. One problem with real sugar, even if it's in the form of honey or other natural sugar is that even a small amt. can push you out of ketosis real fast and then it make take you 3 days or so to get back into ketosis and get your appetite under control. Keeping the carbs really low does help so much with the cravings.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #162

Sugar is a time bomb once you eat it--it erases a whole slew of good days put together, that is why it is so evil!!! I do think splenda and malitol do not effect you the same way , is it good for you, probably not, but I will take that over the bloat of sugar anyday!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I usually am fine with my yogurt/cinnamon/splenda/oat bran mix. Yes, I finally got my oat bran!! lol. But I didn't have any yogurt in the house yesterday. Have it now!!!

Had a burger for dinner. Don't feel like eating now. My throat's a little sore right now. I don't want to get sick!!! Working tonight and then off for the next two nights!! yeah!!

Going to fry up some stew meat tonight to take for dinner. Topped with some salsa and it will be great!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
Hey! I hope i can join your group. I started Dukan on Jan 1st & for some reason I just yesterday checked this site for others that might be doing it. I'd been here before for Atkins sometime last year.
I'be had good results in two months as of today I've lost 28.2 lbs. I've lost before with Atkins but I missed my dairy....one reaon I'm loving Dukan cause I've get ff dairy.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

we are glad to have you join us! We always start a new thread the 1st of every month so be sure to check right back here & whoever syarts a new thread wull post a link & a link to Dukie info.

YOU ARE DOING SO WELL! I am impressed & thrilled you finally found us! Susan & Amber are terrific help for Dukie. I am "out of the box" most of the time but love what I learned from DD.

Ask questions-post things and please let us get to know you!

BTW - someone tomorrow is March 1 - who is going to start a new thread...and don't look to me- my phone can't do it. I don't want us to miss the mark for march by not having a tjread

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-29-2012 at 07:05 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Faithful~ is the oat bran an absolute must? I looked up the carb count, and it will be like eating 4 slices of bread in one sitting. That means higher sugars, more Insulin and more fat storage . If it is just for the fiber, can I sub with my coconut flakes or coconut flour?
Anyone else feel free to chime in also. Every bit of info helps to see if I can do this.

Last edited by pepperette; 02-29-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

You need brand to push the protein. Dukie says itis tolerated and requires it as a benefit. He says it is carbs but does si many good things for the body it is worth a tablespoon a day for atttack then increasing as you go through phases.

I believe you can exchange it for flax or psylliam or other high fiber but he recommends oat brand.

Susan is more familiar with Dukie's plan & I am sure she will answer when she gets on. BTW, Pepperette, why not since you are prolly on line start a new March thread & put a link to it here. Also we usually try to put a link to the DD on the 1st post of the month for newbies. You can look back to maybe Oct or so & find it.

Thanks see you on the March thread-whoever starts it!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Here's a link to the thread for March.

Dukan Diet Followers Melt Down in March
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks! Knew we could count on you, FEARLESS LEADER!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Labs

A1C 6.0
Est Avg Glucose 126
TSH 3 3.78

Cholesterol total 204
Trig 40
HDL 75
LDL 121
VLDL 8
Risk Factor 2.7

Glucose 102

OOPS! Pulled up the wrong thread... Susan I guess you will still see this......

WBC 3.95
RBC 4.95

She is concerned I might be diabetic but I REFUSE THAT! & told her we won't entertain it....

Last edited by iamfaithful; 03-12-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Your trigs are great. Shows how well you've been eating. Any more most doctors want fast glucose below 100, but you are so close I sure won't be worried about it. The norm at one time was below 120. Mine tends to run a little higher than the doctor likes too and I think that has to do with being insulin resistant. I'm willing to except that I might be prediabetic, but I'm going to do every thing I can to keep it pre...
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

IR is right! Never heard of it til last year! My fasting first thing when I wake up is around 130-150.... So when I go for a fasting lab I always wait a few hours to get there and it has been down. Thanks !! I am glad you and I are thinking the same thing..