Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Pepperette! You found us! Glad to see you posting here!

Last year ago I was @ grankids house and Kristen said "Gramma you have two bellies!" I was so embarrassed (blushing)-that is when I found Dukie, kombucha & kefir. Now I am down to 1 and like Susan wonder if at my age it will go away...Hmmm Lipo???? Too expensive for vanity! Not that necessary TT & lipo like what Amber NEEDS is vanity-mine would be. But maybe it will go away!!!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pepperette
I honestly do not know what I would do if my "apron" went away And Faithful, I followed you here! DS had finally decided to get on the lose weight for health wagon, so I ordered us a set of kettlebells, and a scale. After looking at both the Dukan and leptin reset modules, I don't think I could do either. And the hcg-- let's say 1970s been there done that
pepperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Pepperette, if you will just cut out things like white potatoes & everything else white except for kefir & cut out the "heavy carbs" from your diet - go mainly lean proteins & vegetables. Limit fruit and NEVER EAT BANANAS, GRAPES, RASINS, OR CHERRIES (really high in csrbs) & walk for 20 minutes a day, your weight would come down anyway. This means no sugary snacks ,, chips, etc. Limit bread intake to maybe Healthy Life 80 cal buns 1 a day if you need bread.

Why not give that a try for 3 weeks & stay here for support. We would welcome you even if you arnt on the Dukie wagon. We do a modified form for te most part & Susan has stuck to the plan closest of any of us! The ladies from across the pond (UK) have stuck to Dukie completely & even still do the PP one day a week. So join us and lets see if we can find something that will work for you. I think Metqa is doing something called JUDD have no clue!

If you do find another support thread for what fits for you- still come back here! You are such a delightful lady to have here!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

What is "PP"? Other than peepee.

I know I need to cut my sweets, being diabetic on Insulin- now that DS is working with me, he won't be getting either of us snacks like Little Debbies or family sized chips.

The kettlebells should be here at least by Thursday, and we are going to work with them and try to write down our progress.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Pepperette you make me laugh! PP is pure protein. PV is Protein & vegetables but none with the "heavy" carbs. Eating PP/PV will really help the diabetes because it helps keep the blood sugar normal & spikes down. I started drinking chia gell before I eat. I find it is the simplest way to get the chia in every day & at every meal/snack. It is kinda like swallowing a whole glass of baby SCOBYs - it just slithers down the throat! You don't have to be Dukie to do the PV every day... It is justgood eating.

I got knocked off the kefir thread somehow. But just posted there.. Son took kefir home to drink! & he is deinking my KT too but not real frequent (like daily) but he has my big liter swing tops! I notice they are slowly getting empty!.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

LOL! He doesn't want you to know he likes it so he's being sneaky about drinking it!
DS won't even try the kefir, and he says he hasn't tasted a kt he likes yet. I like mine a bit tart- I always wonder about the sugar level if it tastes slightly sweet to me.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Put some of his fav SF Jello in it & taste it 1st to be sure it is sweet enough - then tell him you are experimenting with smoothies & ask him to taste. He will love it! Ut just make like a cup just incase he doesn't & you may have to use not to tart to begin with. For guys it is all in the taste.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-26-2012 at 03:38 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Pepper- I had such bad insulin resistance and was totally on my way to diabetes, I did Atkins, and then started working out like a fool, my doc is amazed and cannot believe my blood work, I still have the markers for IR and if I eat carbs I blow up like a balloon, but I am a big believer in the exercise strength training in particular, eat lc, drink your kefir, I can tell when stuff makes me blow up and so far I have been drinking 16 ounces of kefir a day and losing weight! I would say that at least 1/2 the sugar gets eaten so maybe 5 or 6 carbs in 8 ounces?? You can do it, kettleballs are great!!!! If you drink kefir and Kombochu you can do anything!

Yes losing 150 pounds my apron is beyond vanity, and my Vj is at my knees, LOL I have rashes that I have to use cream that cost $180/month, a pinched nerve from the pressure of all this skin, so it is not purely vanity that I am doing this, my arms were vanity, but I am so glad I did it. I was never ever thin my whole life, and I am so glad to just feel normal again! Plus my weight loss is stalled, and he thinks it will get it moving again, and that I will lose 25 pounds til it is all said and done.

IAM- I forgot to tell you that is super your son is willing to try kefir, tell him I was a reluctant little lucy but now I love it!!! And I feel bad if you need grains I think in a week or two they should be growing enough that I can send you some back especially if you are making so much now, I feel bad!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 02-26-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Amber never feel bad about grains! Mine are healthy and XXing! I just don't like to get below a certain amount before I mail out... I love giving them away & they lways reward me by growing fast. It is just dificult unless I have LOTS to send out 3 weeks in a row. Metqa I think is a but closer to Texas so hers won't need to travel so long. & when someone in your corner needs some we will know where to find you!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-26-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I looked at the official Dukan site, and did the questionaire for my true weight. Came back at 176#- and all this time I thought I needed to get down to about 145#. Got an e-mail from "the Dr." explaining why it was set higher. THAT made sense. I'm not sure about setting up the coaching there- not sure if it is a money thing or not.
I ordered a case of KT from my tea leaf source so I could try to get DS to drink some of that. I got the Tibetan pu-erh kt- it is milder in flavor than mine of the same type tea.
I'll see if DS will try the kefir with flavoring in it. He's too savy to try the taste test thing.

Fear the bread, NOT the butter...
IBKKF 898 - International Brotherhood of Kombucha and Kefir Fermenters (borrowed from porcupine73)
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #131

Yeah the true weight for me was 198 maybe cause I was over 200 pounds for 30 years, and it was the exact weight my doc said I am hoping I can get down to 175 for myself, but I like that he takes your past into it, having been having the hardest time getting under 200 I have to agree that we have very stubborn set points with our weight!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Pepperette I would not pay for coaching when you can get all the cpaching & encouragement here for FREE!!! I don't know anyone better than the ladies here on this & Amber's Honey Badger Challenge to inspire, inform & assist you to attain the goal that is right for you & keep you there. While we got Amber hooked on Kefir I don't think she will ever try KT again since her explosive experience in the car . Ut hang in there. Set decade or 5 lb goals and let us help you get there. Susan knows Dukn well, Metqa has been doing JUDDD for a long time now it seems-she can help you with that & Amber is a wealth of knowledge & experience. You have come a long way since you started posting on the Kombucha thread last year & it is just the beginning of the rest of your life!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-26-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

First thing is to get my food consumption amounts lowered at supper and increased the other meals so I am not foraging all the time- even bologna adds up after awhile!
My goals are mostly getting the BGs lower to a "normal" level and cut down on needed Insulin. Then getting my strength back- I am so weak right now it takes only a couple minutes for the back to give out and need to sit. And as for walking- am in so much pain after a couple minutes. I am looking for weight loss with all this, but healthier 1st and hoping the other comes along for the ride!

Sad thing is I have known what to do for a loooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time and sometimes have been so depressed that I was my own worst enemy!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Pepperette do you have my eail & phone number? If your home # ends in5691 then I have it & will cal you. I am here 4 you 24/7/364 you may need to have someone to talk to. Posting is good but not like having a voice at 2am. I will try your # after while & see if it works. If it doesn't email me a # to call. I have a closet full of T-shirts like you describe and I don't wear them any longer. This makes me cretifiable - meaning I can help - Yeah! I am certified nuts as well by the government! But what do they know???? Look at congress
Old 02-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

My phone is down- got a new one and tried to transfer all info AND minutes. Screwed! They are to call tomorrow at noon on DS's number. I had 283.8 minutes they lost, and when I tried to buy new, it took payment and can't get the minutes in the da** phone!
Have you seen the Oroweat (sp?) sandwich thins? The whole grain ones are really good, and they have fewer carbs than buns but are round. Bolo and hamburgers fit! I'll have to check out the calories.

PS: T-shirts?

Last edited by pepperette; 02-26-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Hey all!! Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday. It was a busy day! On Friday I was at 202.4. Started back lcing on Friday and I've been 199.2 for two days. Not strict DDing, but close. Need to cut out that cheese. lol

Haven't been able to find my DD book to go over it. Need to do so. I'm ready to start losing weight again. Wanted to be down to 190 by easter. Don't know if I'll make that or not. But not going to worry about it. The key is to start losing weight again and learning to keep it off.

Made scrambled eggs w/ff cream cheese, beef summer sausage and topped with salsa for dinner tonight. It was SOOOO good!! Going to take cold burgers and yogurt tonight for lunch. I love cold meat. Don't ask me why, but I do.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Lenise, good to hear you'r staying below 200. Must feel great.

Pepperette, I think the coaching is good if you really, really are prepared to follow the Dukan diet exactly and like the idea of having someone check over what you are eating everyday and give you ideas and hold your hand . Most people don't need that much help since it's overall a fairly simple plan. I think the cost varies on how many pounds you need to lose, ect, but is around $4 to $5 a week. The true weight that Dr Dukan figures for you is probably a realistic healthy weight. Mine was 154 and I know I'd rather be about 134, but 150 may be more realistic as far as what I can maintain long term. I don't know what you weigh now, but the weight he suggests might be a good first goal. Once you get there it's easier to decide if you wnat to lose a little more or not.

As far as your diabetes goes, the more you can cut out all grains and sugars the better off you would be. Of course you know that and it's easier said than done. I've found you can make many things with the oat bran that you are allowed on Dukan, like muffins, wraps, ect that can be used in place of bread. Fruit is also high is sugar which is why Dukan does not let you have it until the Consolidation phase. You might want to give Dukan a 3 day try using only the pure proteins in attack. You would need to be very careful not to let your blood sugar drop too low. If you dropped, you could always eat more cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. They are the highest carbs items allowed on attack. Many people can get off their diabetic meds completely by doing low carb, but you really need to watch you blood sugars and adjust your meds carefully not to have problems. Let me know if you have any questions. I would reccomend getting and reading the Dukan diet book before starting.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu

Last edited by stilldews; 02-26-2012 at 10:04 PM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning every one! OK PP is doing pretty well but I am not Back down this morning to 164.6 - haven't seen that bounce since the 1st of the month. Me not doing too well? I have some frozen grayham crackers & I have had the need to "crunch on cold"! Since I don't do Breyer's any more they were the next best thing to take away craving. Ate 3 last night! Good decision because the craving subsided.

Pepperette I take it you only have a prepaid cell plan & prolly don't have free time on it. If you do or have txting & ever want to talk text me or msg me when a good time to call will be.

Amber has her surgery Fri! Keep her in prayer. & an on like friend has a lady friend having brain surgery on Monday the fth. Pls remember her as well.

Have a blessed day everyone! I have my list of accomplishments for today made-sun is shining, birds singing outside and looks like spring around the corner!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #139

Hey peppertte I got somethng at the store last week I forgot about until I saw your post

Numi. Organic pu-erh. Ancient healing tea. Peach pu-erh tea with a ginger zing. USDA organic. More antioxidants. 40% less sugar than most iced teas. Rejuventate. - Numi Organic Peach Pu-erh With A Ginger Zing Ancient Healing Tea

It is a bottle of ice tea but sounded good, not sure what pu-erh is, but thought it might be good after hot yoga, I forgot about it!

Thanks IAM I am so excited for surgery I could bust, weight was good today but could be from the sweating, cold is feeling better, now to just get to Friday!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Pu-erh is the type of tea. From HappyHerbalist: According to Traditional Chinese Medicine Pu-erh gives warmth and energy to the Middle Burner (Spleen and Stomach). Supports the distribution of fluids and digestate and eliminates stagnate dampness. Aids the Gallbladder and ensures good metabolism by removing fats (dampheat) from the blood without decreasing energy. With good digestion, detoxication is achieved. help produce saliva and slake thirst, dispel the effects of alcohol and refresh one’s mind. Pu-erh tea has functions of lowering the triglyceride, cholesterol and hyperuricemia Those with chronic illness of lungs, stomach and liver or a weakness of these organs can greatly profit from this tea. This tea is often served in Southern China after meals.

In the 1970's, Chinese doctors in Kumming reported clinical experiments in which drinking Pu-erh was shown to lower cholesterol levels in the bloodstream. French researchers at St. Antoine Hospital in Paris found that three cups of pu-erh a day for a month brought lipids down 25 % in 20 hyperlipidemia patients, while those on other teas showed no change. These tests showed pu-erh performed at least as well as clofibrate, the most advanced medicine for the purpose, without the drug's side effects. It has since been shown to help reduce body weight, lower blood alcohol after drinking, relieves any overstuffed feelings and aids digestion by stimulating secretions of the digestive organs.

The underlined is why I use it. Hopefully I can keep it up enough for the Dr. to quit pestering me about taking a statin!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

PS...

Good luck and prayers for Friday!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #142

Hey thanks it sounds healthy so I am going to try it and if I like it get some more for after surgery! I was thinking of mixing it with the kefir like a chai or something too!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

It's what I use for my KT, but it makes a smooth cuppa, too!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #144

What is KT?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

KT= kombucha tea - the stuff you fell so madly in love with!

Doesn't that tea have a weird flavor, Pepperette? I remember Porcupine talking about it last summer. Been hesitant to try it.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #146

Oh yeah you can keep that, LOL Vinegar in a glass!!!

Hey how is your son doing with the kefir?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't talked to him today. 1st day back after his 3 days off-he works four 10 jour days & it really saves gas! I have another gallon & will have another onte tomorrow but will have to put it away in a gallon jug because I need to get MT jars from his house. I will let you know. I was just thinking I could use like crystal lite or hawiian punch flavors to flavor it for him. I get them at $ store for a $ & it would accomplish the same thing-sweeten flavor. Will play with it!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

I do not routinely like/drink hot tea , but the pu-erh is not bad! It prolly depends on how much is used and how long you steep it. If I make iced tea, it is with Liptons instant.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sick of eating salmon (prolly have eaten 50 lbs since June) & I can't eat the sutff in the pouch any more too uch salt & even the sell of it makes me want to

So since it is still a 99% PP day, I got one of the last 5 frozen pieces & took the skin off. I heated some VCO in a pan. Then I seasoned with Mrs. Dash original & coated it with a coconut thingy I made & fried it in the VCO for about 1 min on each side-pan was hot. (Thingy= coconut powder-finer than coconut flakes-from Asian mkt. Ran it through my juicer/grinder twice to make very fine granules & wake up the oil.) Was

Jon said he hasn't thougt to drink it but his gut is finally getting better. Told him if he didn't drink it let kids drinkit cause it is good for them... OH WELL! I will have 2 gallons ready for me & will out my grains on hold til he asks for more.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-27-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
198.4 today!!!! Yahoo!!!!

Made scrambled eggs w/mushrooms, onions and red peppers topped with salsa for dinner tonight. And some turkey sausage. Was SO good!! Need to figure out something for lunch tonight. Probably some beef summer sausage and gouda cheese. And can't forget my yogurt!!!

Relaxing a bit before I go to work. I have tomorrow night off, though!!! Yeah!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote