Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
WE dont have a juicer but I have a ninja, LOL I guess I could drink that hey after the kombucha and kefir how bad can it be? LOL

Good news one of the people from Fri called they want to see house again tomorrow!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Susan sent me some green powder. Thank you. Will get your postage returned to you on Fri when I go to town. It is good in kefir! I dont know why orgaic companies feel they have to make things so sweet with stevia. A lot of us don't like SWEET SWEET stuff.

The Ninja will work! I don't have one with a base (mine is oneof te originals) but if yours has a base it has the power. Start with a a cucumber (skin & all)few pieces of fesh kale a couple of carrots parsley ginger if you like spicy (a little goes a long way) some apple(granny smith) & some lemon or line rine & all.. It doesn't take a lot & with the Ninja you will be getting the fiber. Don't know if you will need to add a little filtered water to get it started. Prolly with the cucumber you won't so put it in 1st then add the others. Kale is mild but so loaded with nutrients. Why not give it a try? You can always cook what you don't juice. It is BEST when FRESH made! After a couple of hours still good. Sometimes if I made too much I finish it the next day bit I don't care for it that cold from the fridge. I think it would be a marvelous healing tool for you!

I wash ALLL my vegies & fruit when I come home. I use an organic dish soap and coolwater biut they make aproduct cslled FIT for that. Amazing how dirtythe water is after I have washed kale parsley csrrots etc! Then I let them drain & put themin exter vegie bags I grabbed from the produce dept. They don't mind-I buy a lot of produce so I get an extra bag for each thing then it doesn't go into the dirty bag I carried it home in. I also put a piece of paper towel inside to absorbe water. This way when I want to make my juice everything is ready!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-20-2012 at 05:31 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #93

I like raw kale in salads, they have organic baby kale at Costco that I get, I usually try to eat that or spinach, lettuce just doesnt have much nutrients, I hate cuc though, gag!!! LOL I am the problem child!!! I will try to mix some stuff you think throw a whole apple in?? I will do as you say!!!!

Duh that is a really good idea about getting extra produce bags, duh I usually put stuff in quart and gallon bags which is expensive and wasteful. I prep everything when I get home, I have been lazy and biying stuff already chopped, or I go to the salad bar and get a bunch of mixed veggies, I am lazy! It is so late after the gym I am willing to pay for convenience, I hope your check comes to you today, if not tomorrow
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Your grains should find you today! Check you better not have sent me one!

If you don't like cucumber add some anyway! It is really alkaline & good for you. Put in lots of celery- great wster content. When all the juices get together they blend & cukes are kind of neitral.yes a whole apple (seeds,core, skin not stem) and some citrus (skin included) those two things make it manageable and less green.

Wonder if there is a juice thread... If not we need to get one going...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-20-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Any house news Amber?

Not sure if my weight is going to be down or the same tomorrow. Been a good week of eating overall for me. Ate an orange, but no other fruit and have been having the chia/oatbran cereal everyday along with a chocolate treat made with 2 TB coconut oil. The calories in that add up fast, but I am hoping it will help my blood results when Iget them done in a month. Going off the Lipitor so fast scares me a little, so I'm doing everything I can to keep the HDL up. I ordered some Raspberry Ketones yesterday. They are a newer product Dr Oz has mentioned recently. Suppose to help the liver burn fat faster and increase your metabolism. Also contain lots of antioidants.

Got the DYDJ size 8 jeans returned to the eBay seller that sent them to me by mistake and she sent the size 10 ones and return postage for the smaller ones. The 10's are perfect. .

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Let's see if I can get these photos uploaded. They are from today in the new jeans and one in the red dress. Not glamour shots since I didn't put on any makeup. I need one of the Spanx comtrol things for the dress. At least the jeans hold most of my tummy in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 152.jpg (36.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg dress.jpg (14.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #97

Still dews, look at you sexy Mama!!! I need the woof whistle smiley!! Aww so proud of you that makes me want to cry!! You look great!!! You guys are such an inspiration to me that no matter what age you can look and feel your best!!! GO to Target they have Assets the cheaper version of spanx and just as good!!! I am having a burn the spanx party after this surgery!!!!!!1 OMG to not be stuffed in spanx everyday will be a great thing!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Susan I love the red dress! You look terrific in it! Who took the pocts! The did a good job. & the jeans are so great! One day I will get bold enough for a pict to post! It will prolly be the one in Lowes sitting on the "throne" display reading a newspaper. It is just inside the front foor. I will get Joe the Mgr to take it for me. Yes! I am really going to do it!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Faithful, if you look closely at the photos you can see that I'm standing on a chair in front of my bathroom mirrror and taking the photos myself. Hard to get a very good angle. You should get some taken. We'd love to see the new you. I like the fact that the red dress has elbow length sleeves. Covers up my less than great looking upper arms.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

I kinda thought that was what you were doing but wanted to be sure. How ingenious of you. I Pmed you my # & email so you have them if the need ever arises...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

151 today. Somehow I'm scaring off exactly one pound a week this month and that's exactly what I'm aiming for. Have to go downtown to mail something today so am going to have another burrito bowl. Skipped the reward meal last week but feel confident enough this week to go for it.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #102

Susan you are almost there!!!
I forgot to tell you about the house, another new showing today, so 4 in the last 5 days, I am praying we get an offer soon, we are going to go look at more houses so if we do get one we can act!

Today is 5 weeks no smoking! 9 days til surgery!
All my after clothes fit, with the roll of blubber and all, so I should be looking good once that is all off! Getting very excited!
I was 204.8 watch me finally hit onderland right before surgery after all this time, LOL
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Susan you are doing so well! I have figured I am not going aywhere fast& that is OK but now that I am finisshed juicin I think the PP days will be here tomorrow. We will see what happens. Quite frankly I could be envious of your success but I choose to be thrilled for you!

Amber, getting close. It will be tough going for a few days after but like my knee replacement WAS FOR ME-you will be happy when all is well & you can go to yoga with out flopping around. It will be so nice

Thurs & fri are fast days for me so I will plan my PP days to end on wed. We will see where it will go from there.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
I am checking in guys!!! hey all

Arg...good news boobs down 4 sizes, bad news...dont feel like anything else is shrinking much!! ...was sooo pleased to get a K cup though, did a little happy dance, just got to keep up the work!!

Added in some supplements : Chromium & angus castus

Still having some issues with cycle, taking progestorone 6 a day at the moment - hoping to use the herbal supps instead, hate all the hormones!

Waves, hope everyone is okay xxx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Dance! Good to hear from you! Pond jumping to say HI is so appreciated. Nice on the smaller size & even if it is just topside that is a good thing. The rest will move eventually.

I need to drop somemore. The weather is improving here & that means I can start walking again! Will love it especially parking way out in the parking lot at the shopping centers. Winter is hard on my body so I take advantage of the close parking spots.

Keep up the good work! & take care!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Glad you stopped by Dance. Glad the inches are coming off in a place you need them too. It's funny how we all lose so different.

Amber, I'm so happy you got rid of the ciggs and can now look forward to the surgery. Hopefully your moving won't end up too close to the surgery time. I'm guessing you will be sore for awhile, but it will be worth it in the end. One of my co-workers had a Tummy tuck and breast reduction last year and looks wonderful.

Faithful, you are doing so well with keeping the weight off and should be so proud of that. I know once you go back to a few days of PP a few more pounds will come off, but as long as you're healthy there's no hurry.

I ate lunch at Chipotle today and had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich afterwards for dessert. Probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd read the ingredients first, but it was only 140 calories and satisfied that ice cream craving I've been fighting. Now I'll need to behave for the rest of the week. I'm feeling good about losing the last few pounds very slowly and may even see if I can get back to 133. That's the weight I got down to at age 35 when I went to Diet Center and I thought it was a perfect weight at that time.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy! 133 now I have to get to my 147! How tall are you! Mailed you a card today! Thanks for the encouragement ! Your success makes me feel lazy - I am just leary about not keeping weight off - if I stabalize for a month or more I know I won't gain... Just a little goated by your success! PROUD OF YOU CAUSE I REMEMBER WHEN YOU JOINED US!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-22-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

this morning starts a week of PP

Started off with breakfast of 2 eggs scrambled with 6T of thick kefir &5tsp of chia seeds. Let set up for 15 mins then cooked in microwave in a well VCO covered bowl. Not like eggs! Not like cereal! But really good! Not something I would eat every morning but for a week? Tomorrow I will spread a thin layer of salsa on to for flavor.

Package on chia says carbs = to fiber so in my math it is a net 0 Kefir has 1 carb per serving (what ever that is) Now I don't count things but just posting FYI - correct me if my math is bad!

Today I am finishing the trim in the hall & pulling up the hall carpet pad as well. Then all painting in every room but mine (1 wall, doors & trim) is finished (papering bathroom) except for the new window sills Jon will make on sat. Then I can paint them & do touch up.

Picking seeds out of my teeth !

So... I am going to move my staging area out of the living room & putting most everything away. Not putting my bookcase back up so I can put my gazelle in tis place- have to get cardio in!

I will do that Sun (after I take out carpet pad in living room) because Jon will be here Sat to move things around & do some finishing like window sills & changing plugs. I want to get my big delivery from Lowes next week - remainder of bathroom, carpet for downstairs & some large Rubbermaid storage cabinets!

The downstairs carpet has to be inside in the heat for about 10 days before install since it won't be stretched. That way it should lay flat not in ridges. Getting close! I don't like the idea of bath being torn up for a couple of weeks cause I won't have my shower & laundry available. We are going to only have the "throne down for 1/2 a day (I hope). Jon can go outside & I am going to borrow a bedside pot just incase...kinda like camping.

Have a tremendous day ladies!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-23-2012 at 05:39 AM..
Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like things are moving along on the house Faithful. I was just wondering if your chia seeds had arrived. My current way to eat them is to boil 1.5 cups water with 2 TB oat bran and a half scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, then I add 4 TB of ground up chia seeds and a dropful of vanilla cream stevia. Once it sets a couple minutes the seeds gel and make a nice bowl of what tastes like chocolate maltomeal. I eat it everyday. And you're right, it's zero net carbs. Just lots of fiber and omega 3s. It's the type of omega 3s that have to be converted in our bodies to be usable, so not everyone gets the same benefits from them. I still take my fish oil capsules on top of it.

Weather has been so warm I was able to walk an hour yesterday without even a jacket. Saw the first tips of some daffodils peaking out of the ground. Spring is coming!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #110

You girls crack me up! Susan 133, OMG that is my left thigh!! I wont see you -you will be in invisible! IAM you crack me up too!!!!

Susan so your co worker looks good, did she lose a lot of weight, I was bumming cause I wanted a Breast Reduction, one he cant do it with my stomach cause my stomach is so bad and two I dont have all the money now I am content to hopefully get back to losing with this flubber off me and my boobs keep changing anyway then get them fixed, I am hoping for 175 as an ulitmate goal that is 50% of me gone, holla!!!!!

Dancer yeah for less boobage!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Amber, I'm only 5'4" so 133 is a very reasonable weight for me. Wish I had your height. I'm always have short legs. My coworker lost over 100 pounds after having her 4th child at age 40. Not sure I would do it even if I had the money. Too old to really care I guess.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just a quick hello!! I finally have my computer back from my dd -- well at least most of the time!! lol. We got her laptop running though there is still something wrong with it. Haven't had any more time to work on it for her. But at least I can use my big laptop now. Well, actually it's my sons. How come I don't have my own laptop??? lol.

Still staying around 200. I've been fluctuating about two pounds on either side of that. Going to get my DD book out and start this weekend. I'm ready to start losing again!!

I bought a pair of size 14 shorts the other day and was planning on using that for a goal for summer. Since I can't wear my 14 jeans, I figured that would be what I need. Well, I tried them on and they fit. A little snug but they were on! Couldn't believe it! Don't know if my belly and legs have slimmed down or what. They've been telling me at work I look like I'm losing weight, but I haven't. Maybe I'm just getting rid of fat and gaining muscle. I know my legs have strengthened the past few months cause it doesn't really bother me to be on my feet all night long. A little tired in the morning, but no cramps or major soreness anymore.

Hope and pray everyone is doing well!! Going to go back and read the messages for the month here in a few minutes!!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #113

Hey Lenise!! Good for you hun, I still have not seen 199, but next week's surgery I will be blowing by the 90's, LOL Keep up the good work!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie I wondered where you have been! Have seen your posts on FN but none here (I don't check FB often & from my phonne with the new format there I miss so much anyway. Glad to see you are stable! That is good! Sometimes what everyone calls a stall I think it is more the body saying, "I am here for a while, treat me nice & relax. After I get accustomes to the cganges we made together I will be ready for another change. Then you can torture me some more & I will give in but you have been so bad to me for years I need a rest & YOU need to learn to not pig out & gain again. So... for the time being I am going to rest no matter what you do to me! Give it up and eat sensibly for a while & allow me to get accustomed to where I am, PLEASE "

So, boucing around a few pounds might be a tremendous thing for you. BTW I have some 14 pants CHIC brand from K Mart. They are average size & are are the pull on type. They don't ride on the hips or below the tummy button. If you would like them I would be glad to send. I think black, white, & tan Maybe even some shorts & 1 capri style with pockets on the legs.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Good to hear from you Lenise. Been wondering what happen to everyone. Somehow it seems really hard to break through that 200 barrier but Onederland is so worth it. I've noticed the inches seem to come off sometimes even when the pounds stay the same. You and Amber are both going to see those 100's soon. Of course she's cheating just a little so don't feel bad if she beats you to them.

My reward meal didn't seem to do much damage this week. Hopefully it won't show up later. Walked an hour each of the last 3 days because of the warm weather, but colder and very windy today so probably won't get any exercise in. I have noticed that the walking is making me hungery again. Fried eggs and bacon for breakfast, then a half chicken breast and broccoli at work, Greek yogurt 3 hours later and then was still hungery enough to eat a couple cheese sticks 3 hours later and then came home and had my chia/oatbran cereal and my chocolate treat for the day. Doesn't sound like I'm starving does it?

Last edited by stilldews; 02-24-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Nope! Eating well! Day 2 for PP and it is going well except I sure would like my wheat thins & my turkey burger on a bun HL 80 cal & 15 carbs. It will be worth it come next sat (not tomorrrow)

Taking out pad from living room & hall today. Making me I'll to see all the dirt & crud under the carpet (been there 30 years). Some parts of the flooring Jon will have to cut out & replace! Dogs!!!! Enough said - you can imagine! But I have been here for 24 years not knowing what was there-I will just close my eyes & only replace what is soft enough to put a screw driver into.

Have a good weekend everyone! I have a birthday party tonight & it won't be a challenge. Invited to go out to dinner with them after but will pass cause this is my 1 time to get to Evansville & because of the pooper scooper job I can't do my running prior to the party - I have to go after.

Blessings!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #117

Have fun IAM!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Grocery shopping was "interesting" tonight.
2 dozen eggs
String cheese
Shredded colby jack
2 Lbs of No hormone ground turkey
turkey dogs
salsa
pizza sauce

Guess I am ready for the next few days ==
Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pepperette
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Let's see if I can get these photos uploaded. They are from today in the new jeans and one in the red dress. Not glamour shots since I didn't put on any makeup. I need one of the Spanx comtrol things for the dress. At least the jeans hold most of my tummy in.
You have a tummy?? I have a tummy- and I think I have a couple others' as well! You have a figure.
pepperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Ha Pepperette, my triple tummy rolls have gone down to about 1.5 rolls, but at least they really are getting a little smaller. I don't think the lower one will ever go all the way away at my age.